My story and most recent labwork....help please?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  292 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.77%

My story and most recent labwork....help please?

I have felt like crap for years now, always thought I was bipolar or something, or severely depressed because I lost my libido and didn't enjoy ANYTHING and it has been that way for 5-6 years or so. I am 29 years old now, so I have wasted the last half of my 20s feeling like I was 90 years old.

I recently hurt my knee in the gym doing squats and while I was seeing the sports medicine doc, I just mentioned to him how I had been feeling and if he could draw some labwork. My test came back 169 (241-827 normal range). I wasn't surprised at all, i expected it to be low based on how I had been feeling.

We followed up with more labwork and it follows here:

Free Test: 85 (34-194)
    Free and weakly bound: 182 (84-402)
    SHBG: 10 (7-49)
    Albumin: 4.7 (3.6-5.1)
    PSA: 0.6 (0-4)
    Cortisol: 0.5U mcg/dL (This is low because it was a
    dexamethasone suppressed test)
    FSH: 3.4 (1.6-8)
    Prolactin: 5.7 (2-18)
    LH: 3.2 (1.5-9.3)
    Testosterone: 247 (241-827)
    Estradiol sensitive assay and DHT levels didn't come back for some reason....maybe Quest just hasn't sent them yet.

I squeaked by with a barely normal test level this time, but I think it is because the first time my labs were drawn at 8pm, and this time they were drawn at 8am. Also, taking the dexamethasone to suppress cortisol levels can cause the Test level to rise a bit as well can't it?

So....what is you guys' opinion here? My balls are normal size and always have been, although the past year or so they have been hanging damn near to my knees

Also I have some right testicular pain two months ago, but it was diagnosed as epididymitis and the pain went away with antibiotic therapy. Like I said, I have felt "old" for years, this recent epididymitis problem isn't related I don't think.

I am planning to go and see Dr. John. My doc already gave me some androgel, but I haven't used it yet because I want to see a professional before I start manipulating hormones.

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Miller View Post
    I have felt like crap for years now, always thought I was bipolar or something, or severely depressed because I lost my libido and didn't enjoy ANYTHING and it has been that way for 5-6 years or so. I am 29 years old now, so I have wasted the last half of my 20s feeling like I was 90 years old.

I recently hurt my knee in the gym doing squats and while I was seeing the sports medicine doc, I just mentioned to him how I had been feeling and if he could draw some labwork. My test came back 169 (241-827 normal range). I wasn't surprised at all, i expected it to be low based on how I had been feeling.

Estradiol sensitive assay and DHT levels didn't come back for some reason....maybe Quest just hasn't sent them yet.

I squeaked by with a barely normal test level this time, but I think it is because the first time my labs were drawn at 8pm, and this time they were drawn at 8am. Also, taking the dexamethasone to suppress cortisol levels can cause the Test level to rise a bit as well can't it?

So....what is you guys' opinion here? My balls are normal size and always have been, although the past year or so they have been hanging damn near to my knees

Also I have some right testicular pain two months ago, but it was diagnosed as epididymitis and the pain went away with antibiotic therapy. Like I said, I have felt "old" for years, this recent epididymitis problem isn't related I don't think.

I am planning to go and see Dr. John. My doc already gave me some androgel, but I haven't used it yet because I want to see a professional before I start manipulating hormones.
    Use tight briefs so you have support for your balls, at least untill you get your hormones in order.

If you are going to see dr John that would be fine.
    If you could do blood and urine test per my list, post #44
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
    you will get real good head start.

Privided that your DHT is in normal range, use Depo-t shots rather that wasting time trying transdermals.
    Because you have low SHBG you will have to do your shots frequently, E2D or E3D.
    Estrogen Metabolism
    To raise SHBG drink soy milk.

If your DHT will come real low, you will have not much choice, Androgel is probably best in that situation.
    More dense Tcreams may also work, but have less umph.
    To raise DHT you have to use large area.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.51%

Good idea holding off until you see Dr. John. Taking external Testosterone lowers SHBG even further, which will cause big wwings in hormone levels. Wouldn't be surprised if you had Thyroid and/or Adrenal issues. If so, they need to be treated before your T levels are.

So, you're in good hands w/ Dr. Crisler, but I share you frustration. Any consolation i'm 37 so you havn't lost as much time as I have.

Hang in there.

--

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  292 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.77%

So, am I screwed no matter what I do? My SHBG will apparently drop even lower when I start TRT.......and Dr John has stated that he sees a lot of guys with "mental issues" with very low SHBG levels.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So, am I screwed no matter what I do? My SHBG will apparently drop even lower when I start TRT.......and Dr John has stated that he sees a lot of guys with "mental issues" with very low SHBG levels.
    Thats true.

Also hold off on JansZ blood tests.

SPECIFICALLY ask that Dr John run the urine panel threw Rhein. It is a far superior way to test for androgenic hormone functioning.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  292 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.77%

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Thats true.

Its true that I'm screwed?
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.57%

I think he meant that "it's true that people with low SHBG can have mood swings", but I'm interpolating.

Either way, you're deffy not screwed

Dr. John is the man, I'm going to see him, too.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.51%

You're not screwed, but def need a competent physician. Don't take anything yet and don't waste time go see Dr. John.

trust me , I've spent years with doctors who don't have a clue and finally am seeing Dr. John. Waiting for results of my labs.

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  292 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.77%

Yeah, I think that seeing Dr. John is the only option I am willing to even consider. I have seen FAR too many incompetent MDs during my years as a nurse to spend my time trying to let a local doc try and treat me. The doc I am going to now is actually a great guy and a great general physician, but this is out of his league.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    You're not screwed, but def need a competent physician. Don't take anything yet and don't waste time go see Dr. John.

trust me , I've spent years with doctors who don't have a clue and finally am seeing Dr. John. Waiting for results of my labs.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 10:02 AM
  2. My Story and New TRT Journey with Questions
    By 8thangel in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
  3. M-Drol and P-Plex 101...Help Please.
    By Juice Lead in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 10:24 PM
  4. M-Drol and P-Plex 101...Help Please.