Dead sex drive and penis after my first test cyp. injection

  1. Registered User
    chelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0

    Dead sex drive and penis after my first test cyp. injection


    HI all!

    It seems like the only thing I gained from my 200mg injection is a dead penis. No sesation or drive! I don't feel any benefits from test yet....Its been 2 days. My estradiol level are probably throught the roof? I began taking Novedex XT which is a anti aromatse from gaspari nutrition. Hopefully It will help. My doct. didn't prescribe armidex...felt it unnecessary.

    So is this a natural response? How long until I begin feeling any benefit? Do you all think taking Novedex will help to lower estradiol?


    Help!!!

    Thanks,

  2. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Answers
    0


    Dude, test cyp doesn't work right away. The steroid has to first get stripped from the cypionate ester in your liver before it will become "active".

    It will honestly take you a few weeks before you would notice the effects of T-E or T-C (the esters typically used for TRT). No need to crack out the Novedex, if I remember correctly, that product contain's ATD, which WILL kill your penis. You just need some patience my friend, the benefits will come before the end of the month.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  3. Registered User
    chelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    What is ATD? I will stop with the novadex but when should I integrate a anti aromatase?
    •   
       

  4. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    What is ATD? I will stop with the novadex but when should I integrate a anti aromatase?
    ATD is a common aromatase inhibitor found in products marketed like Novedex XT (and I think Novedex contains it). Anyhow, it has some strong libido crushing capabilities that happen through different mechanisms. It's also rough on your joints.

    anti-aromatase ancillaries are usually involved during anabolic cycles of testosterone (i.e. over twice as much as you're doing) to protect against testosterone converting into too much estrogen. I really can't recommend anything on the anti-aromatase department: that's a decision reserved for your doctor.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  5. Registered User
    chelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    Doesn't ATD mess with your thyroid? I will definately stop taking it!
    I was only 4 tablets into a 60 tablet bottle. Two weeks before I start feeling something? Wow! Why do people receive 100mg a week doses if it takes so long to work....why not every two weeks or every month?
  6. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    Doesn't ATD mess with your thyroid? I will definately stop taking it!
    I was only 4 tablets into a 60 tablet bottle. Two weeks before I start feeling something? Wow! Why do people receive 100mg a week doses if it takes so long to work....why not every two weeks or every month?
    Half life is something like 14-18 days for long-estered Testosterone. If you took it bi-weekly or monthly, the esters would start to clear up before the next injection and you wouldn't get any benefit. Short esters, like acetate and propionate, will kick in faster, but have a much shorter half life, and users would have to inject daily. Then there's testosterone base, which (if injected) will take it's effects within the next 30 minutes, but half life is so short, that it would take multiple injections. Testosterone base is commonly found in transdermal TRT creams such as Androgel, which release into the bloodstream more slowly than injection, making it safer and more convenient.


    Anabolic users will commonly 'kick start' their cycle with a fast-acting oral steroid, such as Dianabol, for a couple weeks while the esters start to take action. There's a lot of "brotelligence" in this, as opposed to actual science, and there's little evidence to say a 'kick start' is safe.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  7. AAA
    AAA is offline
    Registered User
    AAA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    HI all!

    It seems like the only thing I gained from my 200mg injection is a dead penis. No sesation or drive! I don't feel any benefits from test yet....Its been 2 days. My estradiol level are probably throught the roof? I began taking Novedex XT which is a anti aromatse from gaspari nutrition. Hopefully It will help. My doct. didn't prescribe armidex...felt it unnecessary.

    So is this a natural response? How long until I begin feeling any benefit? Do you all think taking Novedex will help to lower estradiol?


    Help!!!

    Thanks,
    Most people take 4 weeks to feel efects but we are all differnt........
  8. Registered User
    chelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    One week after injection I am now off the novedex and have replaced it with 50mg of zinc per day. My estradiol level was at 34 before injection so I am thinking it is higher. I still have not gotten a erection. Before the injection, I was getting erections but now none. I still haven't felt any difference after the inj. other than the erectile dysfunction. i am confused. should I call my doc? Will is wear off? Help!
  9. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Answers
    0


    There's a lot of other factors which can create an erectile dysfunction. Believe it or not, one of the key causes is stress.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  10. Registered User
    chelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    Yeah I know, but going from having erections 3-4 times a day to none whatsoever has to be something to do with the injection. By the way, thanks Sinner for all your advice!
  11. Registered User
    Livebetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10
    Answers
    0


    I'm new to this as well (8 weeks) so I can't give you any hi-tech feedback but...

    I didn't notice any difference at all from my first injection and it was a front load full 200 mg Cyp.

    Week 2 however was a differnt story followed by 2 more weeks of driving my wife absolutley crazy. I think she was considering a surrogate. Eight weeks into it and we are a steady 4-5 times a week. Erections on command!
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Livebetter View Post
    I'm new to this as well (8 weeks) so I can't give you any hi-tech feedback but...

    I didn't notice any difference at all from my first injection and it was a front load full 200 mg Cyp.

    Week 2 however was a differnt story followed by 2 more weeks of driving my wife absolutley crazy. I think she was considering a surrogate. Eight weeks into it and we are a steady 4-5 times a week. Erections on command!
    Talk about a cool trick HAHA
    Any way after 2-3 weeks check e2 levels on testosterone if you where 34 before then you probably increased, but some times for some strange reason your e2 will drop as t gets higher. So just be sure to check on e2 and keep it in check and where is your shbg at?
  13. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Answers
    0


    there is a lot of shady bull**** surrounding atd.

    Long story short is not only is it an aromatase inhibitor (the only thing it is advertised as doing) but also a competitive AR antagonist.

    It bind to the androgen receptor and shuts it down. no anabolic or androgenic activity (supposedly). it completely shuts down sex drive.
  14. Registered User
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    there is a lot of shady bull**** surrounding atd.

    Long story short is not only is it an aromatase inhibitor (the only thing it is advertised as doing) but also a competitive AR antagonist.

    It bind to the androgen receptor and shuts it down. no anabolic or androgenic activity (supposedly). it completely shuts down sex drive.
    True dat. I hate ATD with a passion but for some reason mATD seemed to work pretty well.
  15. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    True dat. I hate ATD with a passion but for some reason mATD seemed to work pretty well.
    im with that! ATD= no libido period. end of story. shown to be the cause over and over again....
  16. Registered User
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    im with that! ATD= no libido period. end of story. shown to be the cause over and over again....
    Yeah and it amazes me how much this stuff was pimped when it first came out!
  17. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    HI all!

    It seems like the only thing I gained from my 200mg injection is a dead penis. No sesation or drive! I don't feel any benefits from test yet....Its been 2 days. My estradiol level are probably throught the roof? I began taking Novedex XT which is a anti aromatse from gaspari nutrition. Hopefully It will help. My doct. didn't prescribe armidex...felt it unnecessary.

    So is this a natural response? How long until I begin feeling any benefit? Do you all think taking Novedex will help to lower estradiol?


    Help!!!

    Thanks,
    Hey Chelo . . sorry to hear about your experiences.
    When I first started TRT about 17 months ago I did a weekly shot of Depo-Test(Cyp-100) for little over a month.
    I could feel the effects the next day after taking the shot and it lasted for days!! DANG! It was an awakening!
    I also took it and then a shot of B-12. Maybe that helps?!?!
    I also take 6-OXO and ZMA everynite.
    Just my noob 0.02

    FYI..I'm on Androgel now and I have to say it is incredible. Libido/hair growth thru the roof.
    You mite want to check into that.
  18. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0

    Just Curious...


    I've noticed a few ppl posting with ages in the 20's . . WHY?

    Why would you need TRT at such a young age? I'm just asking cuz when I was in my 20's I was married and started a family. I never even heard of TRT and never would need it anyways at that age. At that age you're lucky if you don't knockup a few girls before you get hitched.

    Again..just wondering why?
    (I'm in my 40's)
  19. Registered User
    Mbmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19
    Answers
    0


    RockyD,

    Some of us are unfortunate enough to have hypogonadism or other related issues at a young age. I was as healthy as a horse and had a ridiculous sex drive until the age of 17, and then it all just disappeared. **** happens, I guess.

    Regardless, it's healthier for us to be on TRT in a lot of cases.
  20. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Mbmartin...thx for the response.
    I guess I've never heard of it/or thought about it occuring at such a young age, ever.

    I guess I'm an old fart but I will say I have Red Flags fly when I see 20 yr old men posting in an "Anti-Aging" forum. Comon.
  21. Registered User
    Mbmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19
    Answers
    0


    RockyD,

    I can understand that you may find it hard to believe, but if one has a total testosterone level of 300 (range 300-1000), and free testosterone of 25 (range 30-100) at the age of 21, then something is wrong. I went through puberty and all of that, and then everything just went down hill. After seeing approximately 30 doctors and being told everything from "you're a liar" to "you know more about this than me," TRT was the only option left to me. It's the only viable option for me.

    Besides, after we finish growing, we're all subject to the perils of aging. I bet a lot of the men on this board wouldn't need to be here now had they been educated about anti-aging at a younger age.
  22. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    Mbmartin...thx for the response.
    I guess I've never heard of it/or thought about it occuring at such a young age, ever.

    I guess I'm an old fart but I will say I have Red Flags fly when I see 20 yr old men posting in an "Anti-Aging" forum. Comon.
    Jomi and I aren't on a TRT plan, but we have enough knowledge about the drugs being discussed that we could answer the questions being asked. Just because we're not in our 50's and being prescribed HRT medications doesn't mean we don't know anything about Testosterone Cypionate or ATD.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  23. Registered User
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Jomi and I aren't on a TRT plan, but we have enough knowledge about the drugs being discussed that we could answer the questions being asked.
    First off I'm in my mid 40's ..not 50's!!!
    Wait till you get older Sinner! LOL

    I do stand corrected. I just didn't think that younger men do go thru this. My bad.
    Sinner..if you have the knoweldge continue to use it/share it my friend. We need all the help!
    I'm learning so much from this board.

    Rocky
  24. Registered User
    anyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    399
    Answers
    0

    Why? Take a look at the current "Men's Health" magazine. (m)


    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    I've noticed a few ppl posting with ages in the 20's . . WHY?

    Why would you need TRT at such a young age? I'm just asking cuz when I was in my 20's I was married and started a family. I never even heard of TRT and never would need it anyways at that age. At that age you're lucky if you don't knockup a few girls before you get hitched.

    Again..just wondering why?
    (I'm in my 40's)
    We are doing something to ourselves, be it through chemicals, drugs, environmental changes or worse. Sperms counts are plummeting and guys in their 20s are having "issues" on a skyrocketing basis. Whatever we are doing is getting worse. I fear for the future my kids will inherit.
  25. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    We are doing something to ourselves, be it through chemicals, drugs, environmental changes or worse. Sperms counts are plummeting and guys in their 20s are having "issues" on a skyrocketing basis. Whatever we are doing is getting worse. I fear for the future my kids will inherit.
    Wrote a 20 page paper on EDC's (endocrine disrupting compounds) last year.

    There are industrial compounds being used on a daily basis that you are being exposed to through water, food, plastics, preservatives, and air that would cause quiet the uproar if people realized the extent of the contamination.

    These EDC's more likely than not are classified as xenoestrogens (incredibly powerful estrogenic compounds that stay in the body for YEARS) or anti-progestational compounds that cause birth defects (autism anyone?) or miscarriage.

    Where are you getting your EDC's from? Mostly plasticizers and pesticides. Dioxins are among the most powerful.

    there is plenty of legitimate research also indicating these EDC's prevent development of the male hypothalmus in the pre-natal environment (homosexuality). You wont ever see that brought up in the news.
  26. Registered User
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Answers
    0


    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jomi822 again.
  27. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    Wrote a 20 page paper on EDC's (endocrine disrupting compounds) last year.

    There are industrial compounds being used on a daily basis that you are being exposed to through water, food, plastics, preservatives, and air that would cause quiet the uproar if people realized the extent of the contamination.

    These EDC's more likely than not are classified as xenoestrogens (incredibly powerful estrogenic compounds that stay in the body for YEARS) or anti-progestational compounds that cause birth defects (autism anyone?) or miscarriage.

    Where are you getting your EDC's from? Mostly plasticizers and pesticides. Dioxins are among the most powerful.

    there is plenty of legitimate research also indicating these EDC's prevent development of the male hypothalmus in the pre-natal environment (homosexuality). You wont ever see that brought up in the news.
  28. Registered User
    dcguy4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    67
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    Wrote a 20 page paper on EDC's (endocrine disrupting compounds) last year.

    There are industrial compounds being used on a daily basis that you are being exposed to through water, food, plastics, preservatives, and air that would cause quiet the uproar if people realized the extent of the contamination.

    These EDC's more likely than not are classified as xenoestrogens (incredibly powerful estrogenic compounds that stay in the body for YEARS) or anti-progestational compounds that cause birth defects (autism anyone?) or miscarriage.

    Where are you getting your EDC's from? Mostly plasticizers and pesticides. Dioxins are among the most powerful.

    there is plenty of legitimate research also indicating these EDC's prevent development of the male hypothalmus in the pre-natal environment (homosexuality). You wont ever see that brought up in the news.
    Can you share that paper with us ?
  29. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dcguy4u View Post
    Can you share that paper with us ?
    you know what id certainly love to, but my hard drive crashed 2 days before a bunch of my finals started last year.

    i managed to rip a few things off the damaged hard drive but that paper wasnt one of them.

    i um.....was shaking up a thing of protein and the lid popped off and milk/protein powder splashed all over my laptop.

    10 points
  30. Registered User
    chelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    It has been almost three weeks since getting injected with test cyp. I feel no different other than the erectile dysfunction. I was getting erections 2-3 time a day and had sex 3 times a week before the injection. Now I get no erections and have sex maybe once a week. It felt that after the injection, something felt weird in my groin area, then POW.............Erectile dysfunction. Need some help here guys! Please!
  31. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Answers
    0


    are you still taking novadex xt
  32. Registered User
    Joejoebaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    It has been almost three weeks since getting injected with test cyp. I feel no different other than the erectile dysfunction. I was getting erections 2-3 time a day and had sex 3 times a week before the injection. Now I get no erections and have sex maybe once a week. It felt that after the injection, something felt weird in my groin area, then POW.............Erectile dysfunction. Need some help here guys! Please!
    Are you using HCG as well?
  33. Registered User
    chelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    I took Novadex for the first two days, 4 capsules in total, then stopped. I am not taking HCG.
  34. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Answers
    0


    you said you took a 200mg injection

    are you taking 200mg a week or 200mg every two weeks.
  35. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0


    dude what did the doctor say?

    for christ's sake get some freakin viagra or something
  36. Registered User
    corndog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    45
    Posts
    399
    Answers
    0


    Dude - Get your test levels checked again and get your estrogen checked out. I bet your E2 is way to low and is causing your ED.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. my thoughts and experiences on my first cycle
    By Behemoth1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 07:42 PM
  2. E2 and Loss of Sex drive and morning wood
    By corndog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 06:52 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 01:24 PM
  4. Nolvadex and HCG after 12 week Test Cyp Cycle??
    By whoze2blame in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 08:09 AM
  5. Concerns after my first delt injection
    By John6 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 02:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in