Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    THIS IS THE REASON!!

Listen to you I worried about my health but i care how i look. YOu just sealed your doom right there !! Activation of CNS system in sympathetic vs parasympathetic mode is core root of your problem..

IF you have a history of chronic stress, of drug or alcohol use that has impaired liver, if you have had insulin / blood sugar control issues directly associated, again, with liver lipid problems (and they, my friends, are tightly inter-related), if you have GERD or have had it recently, if you have used prescription medications, if you train hard and haven't had adequate rest or if you sleep hygiene is poor or you have poor sleep phasing, if you neglect your vegetables in diet or you have had recent gut inflammation or infection, if you have had recent major life changes (acute stress), such as job
    Sounds like you are losing it there bro. Talk of sealing doom sounds a bit drastic at this point.

BTW, it is in the terminal Ileum that bile salts are reabsorbed.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.05%

THIS IS THE REASON!!

Listen to you I worried about my health but i care how i look. YOu just sealed your doom right there !! Activation of CNS system in sympathetic vs parasympathetic mode is core root of your problem..

IF you have a history of chronic stress, of drug or alcohol use that has impaired liver, if you have had insulin / blood sugar control issues directly associated, again, with liver lipid problems (and they, my friends, are tightly inter-related), if you have GERD or have had it recently, if you have used prescription medications, if you train hard and haven't had adequate rest or if you sleep hygiene is poor or you have poor sleep phasing, if you neglect your vegetables in diet or you have had recent gut inflammation or infection, if you have had recent major life changes (acute stress), such as job
    Wait so I'm not supposed to care about how I look? I am 23 yrs old, and I love lifting and staying in shape. I take great pride in it, and yes my health is the most important thing but not far behind it is how all this crap going on effects my ability to maintain/improve my body composition. Yes I care about the health concerns of excess insulin (whatever the cause may be), but I also care about the fact that excess insulin is a barrier to fat loss. Maybe if I didnt work out this would not bother me at all but that is why I'm so frustrated at the whole situation. Not only do I have to worry about health but also I worry whether or not this is ruining my physique goals and destroying what I've spent the past 5 and a half yrs building. I think that is a justified concern.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.05%

Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    I will restate it, get your insulin & c-peptide levels checked.

This sounds pancreatic/beta cell type of stuff. But I do not know nearly enough not am I qualified to make a diagnosis.

I can tell you that I have seen similar reactions even to the point where I had a woman receiving an IVF of D10W and we still could not keep her glucose levels >60. That was also thought to be adrenal but she was transferred to another hospital before they made any determination.

Gastric dumping is typically r/t to high osmotic load into the small intestine. Usually happens when those with a gastric bypass have concentrated sweets.

I agree. Serum insuline and C-peptide done at the same time could reveal alot.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Wait so I'm not supposed to care about how I look? I am 23 yrs old, and I love lifting and staying in shape. I take great pride in it, and yes my health is the most important thing but not far behind it is how all this crap going on effects my ability to maintain/improve my body composition. Yes I care about the health concerns of excess insulin (whatever the cause may be), but I also care about the fact that excess insulin is a barrier to fat loss. Maybe if I didnt work out this would not bother me at all but that is why I'm so frustrated at the whole situation. Not only do I have to worry about health but also I worry whether or not this is ruining my physique goals and destroying what I've spent the past 5 and a half yrs building. I think that is a justified concern.
    Your main mentality is how I go my self into the mess I am today...Your stressing your self even though you do not know it..inuslin increases during stress (mental phyiscal, chemical emotion, enviormental) Change your thinking patterns and you will be able to heal on your own. Your anxiety and frustration is causing a CNS imbalances which may e at the core of your problem. Until one sees how one things controls ones body then will they start to heal..Learned skilled relation and your body will heal it self. Im speaking from experience continue the same mind set and you will see where you will end up. If one probe your child hood I am sure one would uncover hidden and unresolved stress issues as a child which preceeding you into you adulthood. I'm not talking out my ass I am talking from concrete evidence that is probably way over peoples heads when I mention DNa polymorphism and genetic mutation in specific enzymes due to un resolved or preborn issues which trigger these mutations and eventually can trigger cancer..Stress causes cancer and what I just explains why and then couple that with alteration induced from these mutation affecting estrogen metabolism and you got one ticking time bomb waiting to explode..Chip will back me up on everything I have just said as well as many who study genome mutations..
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.05%

Your main mentality is how I go my self into the mess I am today...Your stressing your self even though you do not know it..inuslin increases during stress (mental phyiscal, chemical emotion, enviormental) Change your thinking patterns and you will be able to heal on your own. Your anxiety and frustration is causing a CNS imbalances which may e at the core of your problem. Until one sees how one things controls ones body then will they start to heal..Learned skilled relation and your body will heal it self. Im speaking from experience continue the same mind set and you will see where you will end up. If one probe your child hood I am sure one would uncover hidden and unresolved stress issues as a child which preceeding you into you adulthood. I'm not talking out my ass I am talking from concrete evidence that is probably way over peoples heads when I mention DNa polymorphism and genetic mutation in specific enzymes due to un resolved or preborn issues which trigger these mutations and eventually can trigger cancer..Stress causes cancer and what I just explains why and then couple that with alteration induced from these mutation affecting estrogen metabolism and you got one ticking time bomb waiting to explode..Chip will back me up on everything I have just said as well as many who study genome mutations..
    Well I dont know about all that, it is over my head you're right . But me caring about how I look is a stressor that I cannot magically turn off. This is a stressful time because of my health problems and nothing can change that so to say I'm making matters worse by worrying...maybe youre right...but it's something that I cannot voluntarily switch on and off.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Well I dont know about all that, it is over my head you're right . But me caring about how I look is a stressor that I cannot magically turn off. This is a stressful time because of my health problems and nothing can change that so to say I'm making matters worse by worrying...maybe youre right...but it's something that I cannot voluntarily switch on and off.
    Imagine seeing your self go from 235 lbs 6% to 180 not even looking like you lift in 2 years with no explaination of what was going on other then after 3 years I discovered xenoestrogens running rampant in my body possible in future giving me cancer changing my DNA alltering my hormones and baically almost taking my life..What i learned i learned for survival because not dr would listen to me but the answer was staring them right there in the face. Chinese dr told me it was my liver from the start..Look at your tongue it will tell you were your problem is ..where is it coated white at and how think is it. is your tongue swollen or thick.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%

OK, well damn now I dont know what to think. I mean I honestly do not think I have adrenal fatigue and the doc agrees but it always keeps getting thrown at me on this forum so it makes me wonder. You disagree with HAN's bile theory but what do you think about the adrenal issue. My cortisol has always been within range on blood tests and my ACTH was also right in the middle of normal. By the way I am not scared of needles, at least not enough to cause cortisol to be top of the spectrum.

EDIT: I am not throwing the adrenal fatigue idea out the window though, I know it's a possibility. I just see it thrown around as a diagnosis so much on here, almost like no matter what I say or what tests show, someone will always suggest it.

Ultrasound of the pancreas...would you be suggesting an insulin-secreting tumor? Remember my fasting glucose is perfectly normal. I only have postprandial hypoglycemia.
    My morning cortisol blood tests were always over range, and I'm not scared of needles either.

My sypmtoms indicated adrenal fatigue, and a 4 point saliva test confirmed that my cortisol was low.

DHEA was also low in blood tests & saliva, which can be another indicator of AF.

In regards to your TSH going up and down, have you have your Thryoid antibodies checked (Anti-TG, Anti-TPO).

I also get reactive hypo from sugar, although I have not done the GTT test.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.56%

Imagine seeing your self go from 235 lbs 6% to 180 not even looking like you lift in 2 years with no explaination of what was going on other then after 3 years I discovered xenoestrogens running rampant in my body possible in future giving me cancer changing my DNA alltering my hormones and baically almost taking my life..What i learned i learned for survival because not dr would listen to me but the answer was staring them right there in the face. Chinese dr told me it was my liver from the start..Look at your tongue it will tell you were your problem is ..where is it coated white at and how think is it. is your tongue swollen or thick.
    Wow that sounds like where I am at right now. I would love to hear the rest of this story, and the exact protocol that was used to help ameliorate this, aside from the mental changes. I feel like estrogens are ruining my life, but it's hard to turn my head and not think about how my health has deteriorated and how my body has as well, even mentally. I can say I hate myself right now.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.05%

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    My morning cortisol blood tests were always over range, and I'm not scared of needles either.

My sypmtoms indicated adrenal fatigue, and a 4 point saliva test confirmed that my cortisol was low.

DHEA was also low in blood tests & saliva, which can be another indicator of AF.

In regards to your TSH going up and down, have you have your Thryoid antibodies checked (Anti-TG, Anti-TPO).

I also get reactive hypo from sugar, although I have not done the GTT test.
    Yeah my antibodies tested negative. Again Im not ruling AF out all Im saying is that I feel my best in the morning, and I workout 5 days a week pretty intensly. People with AF cant recover from their workouts and have to quit lifting and they usually dont wake up feeling good.
  10. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Yeah my antibodies tested negative. Again Im not ruling AF out all Im saying is that I feel my best in the morning, and I workout 5 days a week pretty intensly. People with AF cant recover from their workouts and have to quit lifting and they usually dont wake up feeling good.
    Depending how severe and what stage you are in depends on that. People can be in stage one for years and be fine then get an infection and that be all she wrote
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.05%

Depending how severe and what stage you are in depends on that. People can be in stage one for years and be fine then get an infection and that be all she wrote
    So what would you suggest I do, since being in first stage AF probably doesnt require medicinal treatment.
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.5%

Wouldn't that mean he would have elevated levels of cortisol if he were in the early stages?
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Wouldn't that mean he would have elevated levels of cortisol if he were in the early stages?
    Further testing would be appropiate either salvia or 24 hour urine test to evaluate..
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.05%

Further testing would be appropiate either salvia or 24 hour urine test to evaluate..
    If you dont mind me asking, did you ever find out what caused your estrogen problem and have you gotten back what you lost yet? It sounds like it really really sucked, so I wish you the best HAN.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.5%

Or normal AM cortisol that never goes down on the natural curve, or normal AM with an afternoon crash.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%

That's a bit of a generalisation, and in my case is not correct. I'd be about stage 5 from my saliva tests, however I work out 4 days a week, and would be under 10% BF

My workouts & recovery have even got a bit better since starting to treat Adrenals & Thyroid.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.05%

My GTT results

Here's the results. There's no rise in BS but there is a big drop! What's goin on?

Fasting: 80 (65-99) Lookin good
    1 hour: 106 (65-199) Everything's fine
    2 hours: 44 (65-139) WTF
    3 hours: 65 (65-109) Recovering

Blood pressure today was 100/60. Now I'm convinced all this is adrenal-related.

HAN, thanks for all your help and guidance, but guess what? I went in there today with a sound argument, plenty of research, and reasonable requests. I got told it was wrong, not necessary, etc. I got NONE of the tests I asked for. I'm f*cked for now.
  18. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Here's the results. There's no rise in BS but there is a big drop! What's goin on?

Fasting: 80 (65-99) Lookin good
    1 hour: 106 (65-199) Everything's fine
    2 hours: 44 (65-139) WTF
    3 hours: 65 (65-109) Recovering

Blood pressure today was 100/60. Now I'm convinced all this is adrenal-related.

HAN, thanks for all your help and guidance, but guess what? I went in there today with a sound argument, plenty of research, and reasonable requests. I got told it was wrong, not necessary, etc. I got NONE of the tests I asked for. I'm f*cked for now.
    Common sense tells you your a magnesium, zinc deficeincy does to a male figure. It is proven that a male athlete becomes zinc defiency despite taking proper multivitamins. Plymouth will back me up on your taking a crappy mltivitamin and Animal pack and pushing your body to lmit and with ECA stack only added insult to injury from depeleting even more magensium.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.05%

Common sense tells you your a magnesium, zinc deficeincy does to a male figure. It is proven that a male athlete becomes zinc defiency despite taking proper multivitamins. Plymouth will back me up on your taking a crappy mltivitamin and Animal pack and pushing your body to lmit and with ECA stack only added insult to injury from depeleting even more magensium.
    I'm switching to the vitamin and multimineral supps you gave me. I'm just a little confused as to why I'm going hypoglycemic when it clearly is not a problem with insulin resistance. It doesnt look like a pancreatic tumor since fasting glucose is always fine. It looks like an overproduction of insulin after eating a meal, which could be the result of adrenal fatigue. That's my only explanation for this. The dumb**** doc didnt run insulin along with glucose during the GTT (go figure) and they didnt get me the tests you and me discussed on AIM. All he did was refer me to an endo and say "Dont worry he'll figure it out".
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

I'm switching to the vitamin and multimineral supps you gave me. I'm just a little confused as to why I'm going hypoglycemic when it clearly is not a problem with insulin resistance. It doesnt look like a pancreatic tumor since fasting glucose is always fine. It looks like an overproduction of insulin after eating a meal, which could be the result of adrenal fatigue. That's my only explanation for this. The dumb**** doc didnt run insulin along with glucose during the GTT (go figure) and they didnt get me the tests you and me discussed on AIM. All he did was refer me to an endo and say "Dont worry he'll figure it out".
    If your dht is posible high it can cause you to be inuslin sensitive vs resistant possible making what a normal persons inuslin out put appear to be too much for you and kind of supercharge it so to speak..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Pump and low blood sugar. Bad combo?
    By RoboGiblets in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:15 AM
  2. Ideal blood glucose level using insulin
    By leelee in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 12:21 AM
  3. Low blood sugar help
    By Jayhawkk in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 10:48 PM
  4. Low Blood Sugar...