Low Blood Glucose

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. JanSz- The literature says it should be worth trying, but I really haven't heard anyone say it was a miracle for them or anything close. The cinnamon extract supposably should be good as well. My experience isn't great with nutritionals vs. blood sugar because we deal mainly with diabetics who are past the point of preventing a problem and need more aggressive therapy. That being said, some say those two supplements have helped.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RPHMark View Post
    JanSz- The literature says it should be worth trying, but I really haven't heard anyone say it was a miracle for them or anything close. The cinnamon extract supposably should be good as well. My experience isn't great with nutritionals vs. blood sugar because we deal mainly with diabetics who are past the point of preventing a problem and need more aggressive therapy. That being said, some say those two supplements have helped.
    How to prevent diabetic?
    •   

3. There is evidence out there now that those with pre-diabetes/metabolic syndrome can at least delay the development of diabetes (if not prevent it) in a few ways. One is exercise of course. Another is to modify carbohydrate intake, by reducing total carbs and greatly reducing the glycemic index of the carbs that are eaten. Third is to increase insulin sensitivity/reduce hypreinsulinemia with supplements like cinnamon extract, gymnea, alpha lipoic acid, and chromium and/or prescription drugs like metformin. Weight loss is another obvious goal if overweight.

4. I had my GTT this week and the results were given to me by phone the other day, so I dont have the actual numbers hour by hour yet but I will get them soon. What I do know is that my blood sugar dropped to 45mg/dl at the 2 hour mark after drinking 75g of glucose. I've been instructed to eat 6 small meals a day and avoid all the common bad foods....which sucks because I already do everything that they recommended I do and I still have the problem.

I guess this means I am insulin resistant, which may be a result of having low T. But are there other reasons for reactive hypoglycemia besides insulin resistance? I havent found any yet.

5. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    I had my GTT this week and the results were given to me by phone the other day, so I dont have the actual numbers hour by hour yet but I will get them soon. What I do know is that my blood sugar dropped to 45mg/dl at the 2 hour mark after drinking 75g of glucose. I've been instructed to eat 6 small meals a day and avoid all the common bad foods....which sucks because I already do everything that they recommended I do and I still have the problem.

I guess this means I am insulin resistant, which may be a result of having low T. But are there other reasons for reactive hypoglycemia besides insulin resistance? I havent found any yet.

Seems more like you are hypgoglycemic than insulin-resistant. In someone who is insulin resistant, you would expect to see blood glucose to still be elevated after two hours -- not as elevated as someone with diabetes, but more elevated than someone who has no problem with glucose metabolism.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Seems more like you are hypgoglycemic than insulin-resistant. In someone who is insulin resistant, you would expect to see blood glucose to still be elevated after two hours -- not as elevated as someone with diabetes, but more elevated than someone who has no problem with glucose metabolism.
    That's exactly what I wanted to hear! I hope it is the case. So what would cause the hypo reaction?

7. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    I had my GTT this week and the results were given to me by phone the other day, so I dont have the actual numbers hour by hour yet but I will get them soon. What I do know is that my blood sugar dropped to 45mg/dl at the 2 hour mark after drinking 75g of glucose. I've been instructed to eat 6 small meals a day and avoid all the common bad foods....which sucks because I already do everything that they recommended I do and I still have the problem.

Yes there are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hypoglycemia/DS00198
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

8. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post

SAme thing happen to me
    resting was 80 1 hour was 160 2 hours was 55 3 hours 42.
    Adrenal fatigue woudl be no brainer lack of cortisol to combat the rise of insulin.

See i know the results before the test even it was a no brainer. Gynmemma should help regulate inuslin levels gievn this information then like me youre shbg is probably around 35-40 area since you are insulin sensitive not resistant. Now they needed to measure the out put of insulin at each time to see if body was puting out too much.

Ok now we need to look at
    adrenal issues - cortef would be initiated here under drs care
    methyation issues - check homcysteine levels, insulin may not be broken down properly
    hypothryoidism - a given
    estrogen metabolism - good to bad estrogen ratio
    gut dysbiosis - good bacteria help regulate insulin

Found several articles where correcting methyation actually reduced need for majority of thyroid mediicnes
    Low methyation causes hypothyroidism sucking out gluthione which sam-e could help regenerate

Inuslin problems mainly stem from the liver -correct the imbalnce body will rebalance it self

Again we are going back to the gut/brain/liver sequence again.

add some digestive enyzme in with each meal and 400 mgs gynmeema @ 25% active compenents 3 times a day for 1-2 months. REducing the insulin will reduce stress on the adrenals. You bodybuilder life style did you in constant up and down with blood sugar every 2 hours over how many years stressed your body. Prabably over training lack of sleep hygiene all factors in..WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    SAme thing happen to me
    resting was 80 1 hour was 160 2 hours was 55 3 hours 42.
    Adrenal fatigue woudl be no brainer lack of cortisol to combat the rise of insulin.

See i know the results before the test even it was a no brainer. Gynmemma should help regulate inuslin levels gievn this information then like me youre shbg is probably around 35-40 area since you are insulin sensitive not resistant. Now they needed to measure the out put of insulin at each time to see if body was puting out too much.

Ok now we need to look at
    adrenal issues - cortef would be initiated here under drs care
    methyation issues - check homcysteine levels, insulin may not be broken down properly
    hypothryoidism - a given
    estrogen metabolism - good to bad estrogen ratio
    gut dysbiosis - good bacteria help regulate insulin

Found several articles where correcting methyation actually reduced need for majority of thyroid mediicnes
    Low methyation causes hypothyroidism sucking out gluthione which sam-e could help regenerate

Inuslin problems mainly stem from the liver -correct the imbalnce body will rebalance it self

Again we are going back to the gut/brain/liver sequence again.

add some digestive enyzme in with each meal and 400 mgs gynmeema @ 25% active compenents 3 times a day for 1-2 months. REducing the insulin will reduce stress on the adrenals. You bodybuilder life style did you in constant up and down with blood sugar every 2 hours over how many years stressed your body. Prabably over training lack of sleep hygiene all factors in..WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!!
    Nice post, lots of info. Couple Q's and statements:

1. The doctor has already told me I do not have adrenal fatigue. I have plenty of cortisol.

2. I had a high TSH reading a few months ago, but more recently it has measured normal twice, although at the high end of normal being 2.5 and 3.5.

3. Could you explain what methyation is and how it works?

4. Gut dysbiosis gets my attention immediately because it refers to the stomach and I used to have serious stomach issues. I looked up gastric dumping syndrome and it basically described my symptoms as a teenager perfectly. Debilatating stomach pain that prohibited me from living life, always afraid of the pain coming on, lost a lot of weight and got very thin. What exactly is gut dysbiosis and would it be something that would be more likely in me given my history?

5. I do have slightly elevated AST liver enzymes. Would that tie in with the gut/brain/liver sequence and the hypoglycemia?

Sorry for all the questions. I didnt have too much trouble figuring out the HPTA and how it works but food metabolism is even more complex. I have a hard time grasping how the stomach and insulin and liver and everything ties in, besides the basics I'm lost.

10. I will restate it, get your insulin & c-peptide levels checked.

This sounds pancreatic/beta cell type of stuff. But I do not know nearly enough not am I qualified to make a diagnosis.

I can tell you that I have seen similar reactions even to the point where I had a woman receiving an IVF of D10W and we still could not keep her glucose levels >60. That was also thought to be adrenal but she was transferred to another hospital before they made any determination.

Gastric dumping is typically r/t to high osmotic load into the small intestine. Usually happens when those with a gastric bypass have concentrated sweets.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

11. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Nice post, lots of info. Couple Q's and statements:

1. The doctor has already told me I do not have adrenal fatigue. I have plenty of cortisol.

2. I had a high TSH reading a few months ago, but more recently it has measured normal twice, although at the high end of normal being 2.5 and 3.5.

3. Could you explain what methyation is and how it works?

4. Gut dysbiosis gets my attention immediately because it refers to the stomach and I used to have serious stomach issues. I looked up gastric dumping syndrome and it basically described my symptoms as a teenager perfectly. Debilatating stomach pain that prohibited me from living life, always afraid of the pain coming on, lost a lot of weight and got very thin. What exactly is gut dysbiosis and would it be something that would be more likely in me given my history?

5. I do have slightly elevated AST liver enzymes. Would that tie in with the gut/brain/liver sequence and the hypoglycemia?

Sorry for all the questions. I didnt have too much trouble figuring out the HPTA and how it works but food metabolism is even more complex. I have a hard time grasping how the stomach and insulin and liver and everything ties in, besides the basics I'm lost.
    Ok you have plenty of cortisol is but how much of it is active or you know seeing a needle would cause a high cortisol response in space and time but then drop like a rock an hour later GET MY DRIFT so your dr is wrong saying your cortisol is normal Gastric dumping is again adrenal related. People with adrneal fatigue has fast gastric dumping ending up with what is called GERD. Again it all goes back to liver and bile acid build up. Basiacally when wver you eat your bile acids which are should be excreted are recirulating back in the liver and causing major dysruption to your digestive tract. Excessive bile acid build up in your liver is doing you no good because you are not releasing the bile acids into your digestion tract to help in food digestion primary fat digestion.

Ok back to the basics- if you can not absorb fats you can not create hormones correct and you need bile acid to absorb those fats. So super digestive enyzme by now has oxbile in it to help you replace the bile acid that you are not releasing from the liver into the digestion tract to help digest the fat and even help break down protein. If fats are not digested properly they oxidize and create free radical in your body (AKA rancid fats) that clog up your liver pathways more causing even more digestion and hormone issues. With out proper digestion of fat to slow things down it just DUMPS what remains into the large intestine where bad bacteria are waiting to have a feast and multiply like crazy and override your good bacteria which helps to recycle these toxic bile acids in the liver and so the cycle begins again..

Lamens terms
    you are with holding toxic bile acid build up in the liver that are not being recylced properly and every time fat enters in to your system or food these toxic bile acids are released spraying and irritating your intestinal wall. Reason they are not being recycled properly is because the fact that your dybiosis of the bowel (good vs bad bacteria) is out of balance. ITs called bile acid sequetoring. Now by adding in digestive enyzme with oxbile you are porviding the proper bile to break down your FAts and cholesterol..

Serum cortisol is worthless essay for measure adrenal out put.
    24 hour is more suitable or salvia test. Bank on it you have adrenal fatgue !! inspite what your dr saids...Have him run a free cortisol and see the difference..whre is your e2 at and shbg ?

12. Thanks HAN. I may just take that entire post and show it to the doc. I havent had SHBG or E2 tested either.

13. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Thanks HAN. I may just take that entire post and show it to the doc.
    And he might actually fall down laughing.

If you were having any problems with bile flow, or lack there of, you would have noticeable stooling issues r/t fat malabsorption.

Please do put to much credence in what has been posted re: Dx. Get more tests done as stated previously. Maybe an US of pancreas/liver.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    And he might actually fall down laughing.

If you were having any problems with bile flow, or lack there of, you would have noticeable stooling issues r/t fat malabsorption.

Please do put to much credence in what has been posted re: Dx. Get more tests done as stated previously. Maybe an US of pancreas/liver.
    OK, well damn now I dont know what to think. I mean I honestly do not think I have adrenal fatigue and the doc agrees but it always keeps getting thrown at me on this forum so it makes me wonder. You disagree with HAN's bile theory but what do you think about the adrenal issue. My cortisol has always been within range on blood tests and my ACTH was also right in the middle of normal. By the way I am not scared of needles, at least not enough to cause cortisol to be top of the spectrum.

EDIT: I am not throwing the adrenal fatigue idea out the window though, I know it's a possibility. I just see it thrown around as a diagnosis so much on here, almost like no matter what I say or what tests show, someone will always suggest it.

Ultrasound of the pancreas...would you be suggesting an insulin-secreting tumor? Remember my fasting glucose is perfectly normal. I only have postprandial hypoglycemia.

15. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    OK, well damn now I dont know what to think. I mean I honestly do not think I have adrenal fatigue and the doc agrees but it always keeps getting thrown at me on this forum so it makes me wonder. You disagree with HAN's bile theory but what do you think about the adrenal issue. My cortisol has always been within range on blood tests and my ACTH was also right in the middle of normal. By the way I am not scared of needles, at least not enough to cause cortisol to be top of the spectrum.

Ultrasound of the pancreas...would you be suggesting an insulin-secreting tumor? Remember my fasting glucose is perfectly normal. I only have postprandial hypoglycemia.
    You need to find out what your insulin/c-protein levels are. They should have tested them when you went for your GTT. That way they measure the insulin response to the glucose load.

My head goes to pancreas/liver.

16. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    You need to find out what your insulin/c-protein levels are. They should have tested them when you went for your GTT. That way they measure the insulin response to the glucose load.

My head goes to pancreas/liver.
    Yeah I would hope they did, but I worry that they didnt for some reason. Dont ask me why I just have a feeling they didnt because it is something I want to know and so far the docs havent done a great job of testing the things I want. Of course I care about health first and foremost but having excess insulin makes it tougher to stay in shape and that is a big concern of mine.

I'll find out in a week and a half.

17. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Yeah I would hope they did, but I worry that they didnt for some reason. Dont ask me why I just have a feeling they didnt because it is something I want to know and so far the docs havent done a great job of testing the things I want. Of course I care about health first and foremost but having excess insulin makes it tougher to stay in shape and that is a big concern of mine.

Duh every hear of GERD. most hard gainers suffer from it
    TRust me when i comes to liver i know what I am talking about
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ile+acids+gerd

Bile acids are your problem.

Your liver makes them, releases them, bugs in your gut convert them, the converted form is reabsorbed early in gut location, shuffled back to liver, taurine and glucose is added to the structures to buffer them, then its stored in gallbladder for release.

You don't do the later steps. Your liver doesn't make taurine. Taurine and GABA, made in liver, regulated neurotransmitters active in gut lining. When they aren't made, the gut becomes overstimulated and prone to inflammation.

When the acidic bile acids hit, the gut is primed for bad news

IF you have a history of chronic stress, of drug or alcohol use that has impaired liver, if you have had insulin / blood sugar control issues directly associated, again, with liver lipid problems (and they, my friends, are tightly inter-related), if you have GERD or have had it recently, if you have used prescription medications, if you train hard and haven't had adequate rest or if you sleep hygiene is poor or you have poor sleep phasing, if you neglect your vegetables in diet or you have had recent gut inflammation or infection, if you have had recent major life changes (acute stress), such as job change, location change, marriage, death in the family, divorce, or have kids (particularly teens) or you suffer from mild depression...

You probably have had suck out of glutathione and NAC and consequently, your folic acid and SAM-E balance is compromised

18. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post

If it is excess insulin you can at least work it to your benefit. Bodybuilders have been using it for years. The problem is that after years of elevated insulin levels the chances are higher to develope insulin resistance.

The real question is what is the cause.

19. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Duh every hear of GERD. most hard gainers suffer from it
    TRust me when i comes to liver i know what I am talking about
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ile+acids+gerd

Bile acids are your problem.

Your liver makes them, releases them, bugs in your gut convert them, the converted form is reabsorbed early in gut location, shuffled back to liver, taurine and glucose is added to the structures to buffer them, then its stored in gallbladder for release.

You don't do the later steps. Your liver doesn't make taurine. Taurine and GABA, made in liver, regulated neurotransmitters active in gut lining. When they aren't made, the gut becomes overstimulated and prone to inflammation.

When the acidic bile acids hit, the gut is primed for bad news

IF you have a history of chronic stress, of drug or alcohol use that has impaired liver, if you have had insulin / blood sugar control issues directly associated, again, with liver lipid problems (and they, my friends, are tightly inter-related), if you have GERD or have had it recently, if you have used prescription medications, if you train hard and haven't had adequate rest or if you sleep hygiene is poor or you have poor sleep phasing, if you neglect your vegetables in diet or you have had recent gut inflammation or infection, if you have had recent major life changes (acute stress), such as job change, location change, marriage, death in the family, divorce, or have kids (particularly teens) or you suffer from mild depression...

You probably have had suck out of glutathione and NAC and consequently, your folic acid and SAM-E balance is compromised
    What is the correlation between GERD and hypoglycemia?

20. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    If it is excess insulin you can at least work it to your benefit. Bodybuilders have been using it for years. The problem is that after years of elevated insulin levels the chances are higher to develope insulin resistance.

The real question is what is the cause.
    THIS IS THE REASON!!

Listen to you I worried about my health but i care how i look. YOu just sealed your doom right there !! Activation of CNS system in sympathetic vs parasympathetic mode is core root of your problem..

IF you have a history of chronic stress, of drug or alcohol use that has impaired liver, if you have had insulin / blood sugar control issues directly associated, again, with liver lipid problems (and they, my friends, are tightly inter-related), if you have GERD or have had it recently, if you have used prescription medications, if you train hard and haven't had adequate rest or if you sleep hygiene is poor or you have poor sleep phasing, if you neglect your vegetables in diet or you have had recent gut inflammation or infection, if you have had recent major life changes (acute stress), such as job

21. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    THIS IS THE REASON!!

Listen to you I worried about my health but i care how i look. YOu just sealed your doom right there !! Activation of CNS system in sympathetic vs parasympathetic mode is core root of your problem..

IF you have a history of chronic stress, of drug or alcohol use that has impaired liver, if you have had insulin / blood sugar control issues directly associated, again, with liver lipid problems (and they, my friends, are tightly inter-related), if you have GERD or have had it recently, if you have used prescription medications, if you train hard and haven't had adequate rest or if you sleep hygiene is poor or you have poor sleep phasing, if you neglect your vegetables in diet or you have had recent gut inflammation or infection, if you have had recent major life changes (acute stress), such as job
    Sounds like you are losing it there bro. Talk of sealing doom sounds a bit drastic at this point.

BTW, it is in the terminal Ileum that bile salts are reabsorbed.

22. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    THIS IS THE REASON!!

Wait so I'm not supposed to care about how I look? I am 23 yrs old, and I love lifting and staying in shape. I take great pride in it, and yes my health is the most important thing but not far behind it is how all this crap going on effects my ability to maintain/improve my body composition. Yes I care about the health concerns of excess insulin (whatever the cause may be), but I also care about the fact that excess insulin is a barrier to fat loss. Maybe if I didnt work out this would not bother me at all but that is why I'm so frustrated at the whole situation. Not only do I have to worry about health but also I worry whether or not this is ruining my physique goals and destroying what I've spent the past 5 and a half yrs building. I think that is a justified concern.

23. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    I will restate it, get your insulin & c-peptide levels checked.

This sounds pancreatic/beta cell type of stuff. But I do not know nearly enough not am I qualified to make a diagnosis.

I can tell you that I have seen similar reactions even to the point where I had a woman receiving an IVF of D10W and we still could not keep her glucose levels >60. That was also thought to be adrenal but she was transferred to another hospital before they made any determination.

Gastric dumping is typically r/t to high osmotic load into the small intestine. Usually happens when those with a gastric bypass have concentrated sweets.

I agree. Serum insuline and C-peptide done at the same time could reveal alot.

24. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Wait so I'm not supposed to care about how I look? I am 23 yrs old, and I love lifting and staying in shape. I take great pride in it, and yes my health is the most important thing but not far behind it is how all this crap going on effects my ability to maintain/improve my body composition. Yes I care about the health concerns of excess insulin (whatever the cause may be), but I also care about the fact that excess insulin is a barrier to fat loss. Maybe if I didnt work out this would not bother me at all but that is why I'm so frustrated at the whole situation. Not only do I have to worry about health but also I worry whether or not this is ruining my physique goals and destroying what I've spent the past 5 and a half yrs building. I think that is a justified concern.
    Your main mentality is how I go my self into the mess I am today...Your stressing your self even though you do not know it..inuslin increases during stress (mental phyiscal, chemical emotion, enviormental) Change your thinking patterns and you will be able to heal on your own. Your anxiety and frustration is causing a CNS imbalances which may e at the core of your problem. Until one sees how one things controls ones body then will they start to heal..Learned skilled relation and your body will heal it self. Im speaking from experience continue the same mind set and you will see where you will end up. If one probe your child hood I am sure one would uncover hidden and unresolved stress issues as a child which preceeding you into you adulthood. I'm not talking out my ass I am talking from concrete evidence that is probably way over peoples heads when I mention DNa polymorphism and genetic mutation in specific enzymes due to un resolved or preborn issues which trigger these mutations and eventually can trigger cancer..Stress causes cancer and what I just explains why and then couple that with alteration induced from these mutation affecting estrogen metabolism and you got one ticking time bomb waiting to explode..Chip will back me up on everything I have just said as well as many who study genome mutations..

25. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Your main mentality is how I go my self into the mess I am today...Your stressing your self even though you do not know it..inuslin increases during stress (mental phyiscal, chemical emotion, enviormental) Change your thinking patterns and you will be able to heal on your own. Your anxiety and frustration is causing a CNS imbalances which may e at the core of your problem. Until one sees how one things controls ones body then will they start to heal..Learned skilled relation and your body will heal it self. Im speaking from experience continue the same mind set and you will see where you will end up. If one probe your child hood I am sure one would uncover hidden and unresolved stress issues as a child which preceeding you into you adulthood. I'm not talking out my ass I am talking from concrete evidence that is probably way over peoples heads when I mention DNa polymorphism and genetic mutation in specific enzymes due to un resolved or preborn issues which trigger these mutations and eventually can trigger cancer..Stress causes cancer and what I just explains why and then couple that with alteration induced from these mutation affecting estrogen metabolism and you got one ticking time bomb waiting to explode..Chip will back me up on everything I have just said as well as many who study genome mutations..
    Well I dont know about all that, it is over my head you're right . But me caring about how I look is a stressor that I cannot magically turn off. This is a stressful time because of my health problems and nothing can change that so to say I'm making matters worse by worrying...maybe youre right...but it's something that I cannot voluntarily switch on and off.

26. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Well I dont know about all that, it is over my head you're right . But me caring about how I look is a stressor that I cannot magically turn off. This is a stressful time because of my health problems and nothing can change that so to say I'm making matters worse by worrying...maybe youre right...but it's something that I cannot voluntarily switch on and off.
    Imagine seeing your self go from 235 lbs 6% to 180 not even looking like you lift in 2 years with no explaination of what was going on other then after 3 years I discovered xenoestrogens running rampant in my body possible in future giving me cancer changing my DNA alltering my hormones and baically almost taking my life..What i learned i learned for survival because not dr would listen to me but the answer was staring them right there in the face. Chinese dr told me it was my liver from the start..Look at your tongue it will tell you were your problem is ..where is it coated white at and how think is it. is your tongue swollen or thick.

27. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post

EDIT: I am not throwing the adrenal fatigue idea out the window though, I know it's a possibility. I just see it thrown around as a diagnosis so much on here, almost like no matter what I say or what tests show, someone will always suggest it.

My morning cortisol blood tests were always over range, and I'm not scared of needles either.

My sypmtoms indicated adrenal fatigue, and a 4 point saliva test confirmed that my cortisol was low.

DHEA was also low in blood tests & saliva, which can be another indicator of AF.

In regards to your TSH going up and down, have you have your Thryoid antibodies checked (Anti-TG, Anti-TPO).

I also get reactive hypo from sugar, although I have not done the GTT test.

28. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Imagine seeing your self go from 235 lbs 6% to 180 not even looking like you lift in 2 years with no explaination of what was going on other then after 3 years I discovered xenoestrogens running rampant in my body possible in future giving me cancer changing my DNA alltering my hormones and baically almost taking my life..What i learned i learned for survival because not dr would listen to me but the answer was staring them right there in the face. Chinese dr told me it was my liver from the start..Look at your tongue it will tell you were your problem is ..where is it coated white at and how think is it. is your tongue swollen or thick.
    Wow that sounds like where I am at right now. I would love to hear the rest of this story, and the exact protocol that was used to help ameliorate this, aside from the mental changes. I feel like estrogens are ruining my life, but it's hard to turn my head and not think about how my health has deteriorated and how my body has as well, even mentally. I can say I hate myself right now.

29. Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    My morning cortisol blood tests were always over range, and I'm not scared of needles either.

My sypmtoms indicated adrenal fatigue, and a 4 point saliva test confirmed that my cortisol was low.

DHEA was also low in blood tests & saliva, which can be another indicator of AF.

In regards to your TSH going up and down, have you have your Thryoid antibodies checked (Anti-TG, Anti-TPO).

I also get reactive hypo from sugar, although I have not done the GTT test.
    Yeah my antibodies tested negative. Again Im not ruling AF out all Im saying is that I feel my best in the morning, and I workout 5 days a week pretty intensly. People with AF cant recover from their workouts and have to quit lifting and they usually dont wake up feeling good.

30. Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Yeah my antibodies tested negative. Again Im not ruling AF out all Im saying is that I feel my best in the morning, and I workout 5 days a week pretty intensly. People with AF cant recover from their workouts and have to quit lifting and they usually dont wake up feeling good.
    Depending how severe and what stage you are in depends on that. People can be in stage one for years and be fine then get an infection and that be all she wrote
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Pump and low blood sugar. Bad combo?
    By RoboGiblets in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 12:15 AM
  2. Ideal blood glucose level using insulin
    By leelee in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 11:21 PM
  3. Low blood sugar help
    By Jayhawkk in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
  4. Low Blood Sugar...