Topical selegiline and lethargy

1. Gold Member

Topical selegiline and lethargy

Topical selegiline seems to make me very tired soon after I apply it and I use less than 1mg.

Any ideas why this could be?

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by andrew david View Post
    Topical selegiline seems to make me very tired soon after I apply it and I use less than 1mg.

Any ideas why this could be?
    Hard to say as it is a drug and everyone does respond differently. Have you tried oral?

Oral selegiline makes me a little more wired due to the conversion of amphetamines and I would think it would have the same effect on you. However I already know that I am somewhat deficient in epinephrine and nor-epinephrine so I think it boosts that for me somewhat.

I have read that Dr. Daniel Amen, whom is an expert on ADHD and ADD says if a patient's response is being tired while trying a drug like Adderall, it is telling him that the patient is taking too much of it. Now the opposite can be true to the non ADD/ADHD person in that they will experience a high.
  3. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
    Hard to say as it is a drug and everyone does respond differently. Have you tried oral?

Oral selegiline makes me a little more wired due to the conversion of amphetamines and I would think it would have the same effect on you. However I already know that I am somewhat deficient in epinephrine and nor-epinephrine so I think it boosts that for me somewhat.

I have read that Dr. Daniel Amen, whom is an expert on ADHD and ADD says if a patient's response is being tired while trying a drug like Adderall, it is telling him that the patient is taking too much of it. Now the opposite can be true to the non ADD/ADHD person in that they will experience a high.
    I have not tried oral selegiline.

However, I do take 10mg or so of oral ritalin for ADD and it works great with no tiredness. I have also tried topical ritalin and that makes me tired.

Perhaps I should try oral selegiline or modafinil. I suspect that this could replace my need for ritalin.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PH's and lethargy
    By bigred869 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 01:04 AM
  2. Sesamin and lethargy
    By solarize in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 12:27 AM
  3. Phera-Plex and Lethargy
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics