Stupid questions again

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
..sorry for the dumb questions.

Maybe too general - but should I expect to have an easier time loosing this excess belly fat once I get my T back up?

Should I expect some muscle gains provided I hit the gym with regularity?

smc252

Awards
  • Established
..sorry for the dumb questions.

Maybe too general - but should I expect to have an easier time loosing this excess belly fat once I get my T back up?

Should I expect some muscle gains provided I hit the gym with regularity?
Yes.

Yes.

Both assuming diet and exercise are not the typical half-rep, fried food american ordeal :)

maynard

maynard

Awards
i dont know how old you are but im 50,i hit the weights 4 days a week and cardio 3-4 days. getting older sucks but im fighting it all the way,the only good thing about it is now we can afford the supps we need.heres my current stack and it seems to be doing well.
(am)
2-leviathan
4-super test
1-100mg dhea
fish oil
vitamin

(aft)-1hr pre workout
2-leviathan
4-super test
1-100 mg dhea

(30 min pre-workout)

creatine
arginine
glutamine

"about 15 mins before your done lifting on cardio days"
1000 mg acetyl L-carnitine
1000 mg vitamin-c
on my off days i drop the afternoon supps,also i take the creatine ,arginine,glutamine daily in the morning in a coffee whey shake.vanilla or chocolate both are good to me.i dont expect to gain muscle,just keep what i have and loose fat. i have used a lot of fat burners in the past,but i can not say enough good about palo-altos leviathan it works great for me." this is the stack i am doing now and i do not recomend it for anyone but me" good luck maynard

smc252

Awards
  • Established
I'd be careful with the DHEA, are you taking 200mg on workout days?!? I'd get a blood test to make sure estrogen is under control.

You need to start doing olympic lifts; dead-lifts, clean and press, squats...etc

Are you taking any whey or amino acids yet? These 2 will probably help the most.

Fish oil is also great, but you need something with omega 3,6,9

maynard

maynard

Awards
the research i found showed that the test subjects from ages 50-65 took 400 mgs of dhea per day with positve results,there is an anti-estrogen in the super test,again this is what i take and each person can make their own decision,good luck maynard

smc252

Awards
  • Established
the research i found showed that the test subjects from ages 50-65 took 400 mgs of dhea per day with positve results,there is an anti-estrogen in the super test,again this is what i take and each person can make their own decision,good luck maynard
Unless you have had blood tests proving all is good, I really wouldn't recommend stuff to people... Everything I have read recommends MUCH lower doses of DHEA. Where was your DHEA # at before and after supplementation?

maynard

maynard

Awards
ok , i edited my post so i hope everyone is happy.my intent is not to harm anyones health,but to show them there are other options. am i right ? maybe not,are you right ? who knows,but in the supplement world we are all guinea pigs.and if you run to a dr. for advice, 90% of the time they will tell you supplements will not work.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
DHEA does convert to Androstenediol, and then to testosterone.. But we are talking like 5-10ng/dl. It also converts to estrogens, so you honestly should be careful!

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, just watching out for your health. OTC anti-estrogen supplements are bad news, they usually don't work well, or block out ALL estrogen. You need some estrogen for many functions.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am 67yo.
I was low in DHEA so I was taking for about 2 years 350mg DHEA. I bought it at lef.org
My blood test would show DHEAs levels somewhat higher but not over the top range.
In Feb/07 I added prescription compounded pregnenolone cream on top of what I was already taking, that is also 100mg pregnenolone pills. 1gram/day of 100mg/1gram
My DHEAs went to 3x over the top of range.
I stopped using DHEA and pregnenolone pills, keep using preg cream.
My next test is due in Sep/07.

The compounding paharmacy that I am using can do creams containing

pregnenolone
DHEA
testosterone
Chrysin

either individual or combined creams.