Low test levels

Warlex

Awards
Hello I’m staring 40 years old in the face and have been diagnosed with low testosterone levels. The DR prescribed Testost enan injections for 6 weeks. My question is, is there an over the counter alternative to Testost Enan available? Maybe I should expound a little…. Before the injections I had lost all my drive in life. I have been gaining weight and had trouble concentrating and putting thoughts together. The injections gave my life back but I’m afraid that my doctor won’t continue the prescription and I can’t return to that life again.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
If it is helping, why would he have a reason to discontinue the shots?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hello I’m staring 40 years old in the face and have been diagnosed with low testosterone levels. The DR prescribed Testost enan injections for 6 weeks. My question is, is there an over the counter alternative to Testost Enan available? Maybe I should expound a little…. Before the injections I had lost all my drive in life. I have been gaining weight and had trouble concentrating and putting thoughts together. The injections gave my life back but I’m afraid that my doctor won’t continue the prescription and I can’t return to that life again.
Looks like you do not produce your own testosterone (in high enough levels) and when you aded T in and you see it helps.

This is good news.
The other good news, you have a doctor who prescribed it to you.

To asses your situation much more information is required.
Either your doctor already gathered it, you know it and did not posted or your doctor is not up on how to treat it and just tinkering.

Since you are talking testosterone enanthate, I gather you are not in USA. It is good product, stick with it, better than transdermals, just do shots more often than weekly, E2D, E3D, twice weekly.

Low testosterone is a reason for depression.
Your outlook on life is much brighter with proper T levels.

When you are using T shots and nothing else you are missing couple of things.

It is better to find out if you are primary or secondary.
Primary- your testis are not able to produce T
Secondary, testis are good just are not getting the right signal (LH, FSH). You may have pituitary tumor.

Your thyroid or adrenals may not work as they should.

It is better to do rather exchausting blood test, possibly MRI of pituitaries, first. Find out more about your health and try to correct as much as possible.

I have nice long blood test if you need.

Write as much as you wish about your situation, people will give you some good pointers.

Using testosterone and nothing else long term is usually bad practice. There is quite few angles that you will have to cover.
You need to get involved in caring for your health.
Good luck.