AI for 16 yr. old boy?

cranny

cranny

Awards
Hey bros I was referred here by a member that said you guys could possibly help w/ my son's estrogen problem. My son turned 16 on 7/3. For the last 3-4 yrs. he's had puffy tits. It's weird how they will come and go from time to time but mostly they're present. It's not the whole breast, rather it's real puffy just behind his areola(sp.) I know he hates this esp. when at the beach this summer. Anyway, the DR. said it was common in adolescent boys and said it could last for yrs. He didn't really offer any type of treatment. What do you think about me giving him some type of AI like arimidex, or letro? I'm sort of leary of letro b/c of it being so strong but was considering trying something. Maybe I should just do as the Dr. said and let it run its course. But he's had this for a long time now. As I said, he just turned 16 and prob. started puberty 1 to 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Any suggestions?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can get puffy nips from high T. I had same problem as a teen.

He will be fine, I would leave him alone.

Take his TV and video games away and make him stay outside of the house all day, thats my prescription.

engival

Awards
  • Established
keep him on a good clean organic diet
no soy plz

cranny

cranny

Awards
Is he overweight?
He is slightly. I would guess 10-15lbs. over what he should be. I keep thinking girls will at some point motivate him to get in the gym and start doing something about it. My wife and I own a gym and try to lead by example but it hasn't worked yet. I don't want to force exercise on him for fear of him growing to hate it. But I think it would sure help him out in this area as well as others like sports. But what do we know? We're dumb parents that don't have a clue and he does.

engival

Awards
  • Established
i think what P City said is a good idea, keep him away from tv, computer and games... get him involved in sports and eating good

smc252

Awards
  • Established
He is slightly. I would guess 10-15lbs. over what he should be. I keep thinking girls will at some point motivate him to get in the gym and start doing something about it. My wife and I own a gym and try to lead by example but it hasn't worked yet. I don't want to force exercise on him for fear of him growing to hate it. But I think it would sure help him out in this area as well as others like sports. But what do we know? We're dumb parents that don't have a clue and he does.
Take the squirt out, buy him some gloves and throw him in the ring! Buy him a punching bag for his room, it's convienent as hell. Maybe some dumbells to play with, which watching tv? If you can find something he ENJOYS doing that will burn off calories, he will stick with it. Weight lifting can be mundane for most people.

He sounds self-concious, and what man wouldn't be? If you have to, I think talking to his Dr about some sorta meds is not a bad idea. :cheers:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Take the squirt out, buy him some gloves and throw him in the ring! Buy him a punching bag for his room, it's convienent as hell. Maybe some dumbells to play with, which watching tv? If you can find something he ENJOYS doing that will burn off calories, he will stick with it. Weight lifting can be mundane for most people.

He sounds self-concious, and what man wouldn't be? If you have to, I think talking to his Dr about some sorta meds is not a bad idea. :cheers:
Kids don't need meds, there just mostly lazy and weak.

He needs a job and to be outside chasing girls and getting into trouble :cheers:

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Kids don't need meds, there just mostly lazy and weak.

He needs a job and to be outside chasing girls and getting into trouble :cheers:
Maybe he is lazy and weak only because he feels the affects of his hormones being off, causing him to not be outside chasing girls? I feel that you can't fix a problem unless you address the root cause of it. More important is what does he want to do about it? What options CAN you give him?

Just put yourself in his shoes.

You have to get him out and active in order to burn off the fat. You burn off the fat, the confidence goes up, tits will shrink at least a bit. I would do whatever it takes if he were my kid.

I'm not exactly a kid, but before I got more and more sick, I was out pimpin it hanging out with 3 women at a time. Now I am stuck inside with no energy, half a hard-on and no drive to have fun! :( I have forced myself to go out and try to have fun, but it's just not the same. I am not myself!

:cheers:

smc252

Awards
  • Established
in the meantime, I would advise staing away from estrogenic influences: soy products, tea tree products, lavender oil, bottled water, etc.
Good post, I agree 100%. :cheers:

I wouldn't eat fast-food, I am sure it is FULL of soy. Even Wendy's salad dressing has a bunch of soy!!!!

Watch out for those plastics. Don't freeze them or nuke them with food, it's bad news.

Try eatting food from one of the many natural "hippy" stores, it may help.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is your son the one who is self conscious? Or are you the one who is uncomfortable about his appearance?

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it so please don't take it the wrong wayl... it's quite obvious that you have your son's best interest in mind.

It just seems that if your son was the one who was self conscious that he would be willing to work in the gym. And, it seems that you're in a fantastic situation to help him.

When I was in grade school, my dad lifted regularly. He forced me to lift with him for 15 minutes 3x/week even though I hated it at first. However, he would find a way to reward me on the nights I lifted. After a few weeks of extended curfews as reward and hitting some extra pony league home runs, I caught the lifting bug.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I developed the same problem as your son back when I was in my teens. Although, I'm not sure if mine was that apparent. But I was a very skinny kid at that time (6', 155lbs) so I'm pretty sure mine wasn't due to weight. But, just like anything else, as a teen, anything that is "different" kills your sense of self.

I'd stick with what the doc says and ride it out.

I can still feel a bump behind my nipples, but I've asked my wife a million times and she always assures me that she can't see it or feel them.

Let him know there's millions of others out there with the same problem. Encourage him to eat right and exercise.

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
let's face it, u never see skinny kids with boobs. I know growing up, i was chunky, and lazy, and had the same problem, fat with boobies. I know gyno is common among teens, but is worse of a problem with chubbier teens. Get him in shape and the boobs will def shrink. Taking medication that would mess with his already messed up hormones is not an option at this point.

cranny

cranny

Awards
Is your son the one who is self conscious? Or are you the one who is uncomfortable about his appearance?

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it so please don't take it the wrong wayl... it's quite obvious that you have your son's best interest in mind.

It just seems that if your son was the one who was self conscious that he would be willing to work in the gym. And, it seems that you're in a fantastic situation to help him.

When I was in grade school, my dad lifted regularly. He forced me to lift with him for 15 minutes 3x/week even though I hated it at first. However, he would find a way to reward me on the nights I lifted. After a few weeks of extended curfews as reward and hitting some extra pony league home runs, I caught the lifting bug.
No offense taken bro. I believe we're both concerned about his condition. He has never taken his shirt off at the beach or pool for the past 3 summers. He often complains but will do nothing about it. By that I mean he's basically lazy and it drives me bananas. He sure doesn't take after his mom and me. We try to encourage him to do any type exercise whether it be traditional sports, strength training, cardio, you name it. He will do it for a little while but quickly give up. The best we've got him to do is tennis. He's a decent player but there's no desire to get better. He would rather coast on his current skills than try to improve. This is him in a nutshell. He only does what he has to and nothing more. He's not obese, rather a little over weight. So I guess we'll keep trying to encourage better food choices and some type of exercise.

Thanks for all of the input bros. As you can see this is my 1st thread here and you guys have been genuinely helpful. I appreciate it. Looking forward to contributing to this board as well.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
wait dr john,
bottled water has estrogen influences? how?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wait dr john,
bottled water has estrogen influences? how?
They heat the bottles up to seal the plastic top. When plastic is heated up, xenoestrogens are leeched out.

I buy bottled water in Glass. Pelegrino and Panna are my favorites.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
man i am freaked now what if u just empty to water bottle out or by gallon jugs where they arent sealed?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Any plastic has estrogen's in them and if you nuk your food in them it even worse. Then food we eat meat is full of estrongens to get them to hold water so there weight is higher they get payed by the pound. Women on birth control piss Estrogens down the dran in the Colorado River the Estrogens are so high all the fish are Female and when they find a male it has both Female and male sex organs. This is why the UK will not let us sell beef there. Don't even get me started on this it is such a bad problem and no one cares.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Any plastic has estrogen's in them and if you nuk your food in them it even worse. Then food we eat meat is full of estrongens to get them to hold water so there weight is higher they get payed by the pound. Women on birth control piss Estrogens down the dran in the Colorado River the Estrogens are so high all the fish are Female and when they find a male it has both Female and male sex organs. This is why the UK will not let us sell beef there. Don't even get me started on this it is such a bad problem and no one cares.
<----Colorado

ACK :)

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man i am freaked now what if u just empty to water bottle out or by gallon jugs where they arent sealed?
But gallon jugs that aren't sealed would be better, Im assuming your supermarket does that to(mine does as well)

Even better would be to buy Panna/Pelligrino in bulk. However, money is an issue and sometimes I just bite the bullet and drink tap.

With all the resveratrol Im consuming nowadays(in pill and transdermal form) Im sure all the estrogen is getting bodyslammed:bb3:

Skeptic

Awards
Is there a chance your son might be smoking pot?

Pot not only increases E2, but it can make one physically lazy and mentally unmotivated.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Is there a chance your son might be smoking pot?

Pot not only increases E2, but it can make one physically lazy and mentally unmotivated.
I don't think anyone under 18 should touch any drug, that being said....

Pot does NOT increase E2, I use it to control pain and my E2 is at 23.

I suppose you're going to claim it causes lung cancer too right?

Indica will make one lazy and "stoned" while sativa gives you energy and sparks creativity. Stop spreading uneducated information.

Marijuana, like all drugs, can be either USED or ABUSED.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Life is, as you well know, a process of personal growth and evolution.
You say a lot of really intelligent things, Dr.

This is by far the most imporant thing I have seen on this board.

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
Pot DOES act as an estrogen mimic.

You COULD smoke enough to cause lung cancer.

It's effects on the developing brain are especially troublesome.

Not to mention the fact it is illegal in the States, and having a record won't help anyone, either.

"Stop spreading uneducated information."
I thought, from my research, pot does not effect the endocrine system.

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN'T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of
Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters
the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.
The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study
by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone
levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.
The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use
had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle
stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.
Noting that six other studies had failed to show
lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: "It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that's
typical in the United States, doesn't alter testosterone levels."
However, he cautioned that heavy use might have other
adverse effects, including "possible effects on reproductive
function and mild, selective cognitive impairments associated
with heavy, chronic use."
Block's study is published in Drug and Alcohol
Dependence, Vol. 28: 121-8 (1991).

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
I sure have had a bunch of patients tell me their gyno flares up when they toke.

My understanding is it acts as an estrogen agonist.
any evidence? Besides a bunch of paranoid pot heads staring at their nipples?

Skeptic

Awards
I sure have had a bunch of patients tell me their gyno flares up when they toke.

My understanding is it acts as an estrogen agonist.
Even if it hasn't proven to raise E2 (something I question from personal experience), it has proven to reduce testosterone, DHT and leydig cell function in the testes.

And it can be especially damaging to the endocrine system of a boy going through puberty.

These endocrine changes may be of relatively little consequence in adults, but they could be of major importance in the prepubertal male who may use cannabis. At least one instance of pubertal arrest has been documented. A 16-year-old boy who had smoked marijuana since age 11 had short stature, no pubic hair, small testes and penis and low serum testosterone. After stopping smoking, growth resumed and serum testosterone reached the normal range (41). As recent surveys of cannabis use indicate that some boys (and girls) may be exposed to it even as early as the prepubertal years, this question is of more than academic interest.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf

http://users.lycaeum.org/~painter/ENDWAR/marij2.html

I actually support the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes and I also believe it should be legalized for recreational purposes.

But like many things we use for recreational purposes, it can cause damage if abused. But that is no reason to criminalize people for using it.

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
I agree that is not for youths. I am talking about healthy adult males. From what I have read, it has not effect on estro, or test.

aculpep

Awards
I take it you've done a panel of tests to rule out any other problems besides the E2? I wouldn't just assume he is lazy, you could have said that about me as a kid when I came home and slept everyday yet I had undiagnosed diabetes for years, I'm sure of it. Yet noone thought to have me checked out. Hard to overcome things when your body isn't working right.

No offense taken bro. I believe we're both concerned about his condition. He has never taken his shirt off at the beach or pool for the past 3 summers. He often complains but will do nothing about it. By that I mean he's basically lazy and it drives me bananas. He sure doesn't take after his mom and me. We try to encourage him to do any type exercise whether it be traditional sports, strength training, cardio, you name it. He will do it for a little while but quickly give up. The best we've got him to do is tennis. He's a decent player but there's no desire to get better. He would rather coast on his current skills than try to improve. This is him in a nutshell. He only does what he has to and nothing more. He's not obese, rather a little over weight. So I guess we'll keep trying to encourage better food choices and some type of exercise.

Thanks for all of the input bros. As you can see this is my 1st thread here and you guys have been genuinely helpful. I appreciate it. Looking forward to contributing to this board as well.