Is my urologist crazy? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is my urologist crazy?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Is my urologist crazy?


    So in April switched over to a local urologist for my TRT so that I could get this paid for by my insurance.

    I had been on 5g Androgel daily, hcg 200iu every other day. Feeling decent in the head but still not much libido or energy.

    He does a big blood test panel. Apparently he has his own "RIA" (radio immuno assay) equipment in his clinic. Insulin was a bit high, homocysteine was really good, and other things to him indicated that the 5g Androgel daily was not enough. He commented that he usually starts men out at 10g Androgel per day.

    Based on those results and how I was feeling, he recommended going to weekly IM Test Cyp shots, starting at 200mg per week. I told him that seemed high. He said after 6 weeks we'd see, and that I could continue the QOD hCG if I wanted to. He said Total T is not as important as Free T, which he likes to see around 300. His philosophy is that instead of aromatase inhibition, you need to add so much T that it always "out races" the estrogen at the receptors. Hmm.

    Six weeks later, he tested only 4 things. Here are the results:

    Total T: 1502 (his range goes up to 1700 or so)
    Free T: 532 (way over 300 I'd say)
    Estradiol: 48 (0-58)
    SHBG: 13 (bottom of his scale)

    I asked him if he thought my estradiol should be lower, he said as long as it's below 58, it's fine.

    During the first couple weeks of 200mg per week, I felt like the horny teen I never was, but after that, I was back to how I started, great mental clarity, but not much libido or energy.

    At our most recent discussion, he told me to go up to 240mg per week and come back in 3 months. He also told me that if for any reason I felt it was too high, I could lower it at my discretion.

    I also found out he's a sex-change doctor, and that's where he gets a lot of his clinical experience with the effects of T. Oh my. He also told me he's been on TRT for 3 years and he still hasn't figured out the perfect dosage for himself.

    His solution to the roller coaster is to push up the whole curve, so to speak.

    I really don't like my estrogen number, but he would not prescribe Arimidex.

    So, is he crazy? Back when I was on 100mg T per week I was told my Total T was a bit high and to lower it. Quite frankly, I feel I would prefer a lower does and some Arimidex right about now.

    I know that my body is very estrogeno-philic (did I just make that up?). I am not happy being at 48 on a scale of 0-58, but that's based on reading that middle or slightly below middle of the range seems preferable to others.

    I've got plenty of night wood and morning wood. I do think about sex more often, but my body doesn't exactly "keep up". Also sometimes my prostate feels a little "bigger" than normal, including it being a little more difficult to urinate. Not difficult as in painful, but I can't "push it out to make it go faster", if you know what I mean.

    Since he said I could lower the dose at my discretion, I'm leaning towards doing just that. He also said I could split my doses, but doing so could mean needing a lower dose over all. Finally he said it could take 9 months to a year to really stabilize and for testosterone and estrogen related metabolic issues to get sorted out once stable.

    Any professional or non-professional opinions?

    WF

  2. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    So in April switched over to a local urologist for my TRT so that I could get this paid for by my insurance.

    I had been on 5g Androgel daily, hcg 200iu every other day. Feeling decent in the head but still not much libido or energy.

    He does a big blood test panel. Apparently he has his own "RIA" (radio immuno assay) equipment in his clinic. Insulin was a bit high, homocysteine was really good, and other things to him indicated that the 5g Androgel daily was not enough. He commented that he usually starts men out at 10g Androgel per day.

    Based on those results and how I was feeling, he recommended going to weekly IM Test Cyp shots, starting at 200mg per week. I told him that seemed high. He said after 6 weeks we'd see, and that I could continue the QOD hCG if I wanted to. He said Total T is not as important as Free T, which he likes to see around 300. His philosophy is that instead of aromatase inhibition, you need to add so much T that it always "out races" the estrogen at the receptors. Hmm.

    Six weeks later, he tested only 4 things. Here are the results:

    Total T: 1502 (his range goes up to 1700 or so)
    Free T: 532 (way over 300 I'd say)
    Estradiol: 48 (0-58)
    SHBG: 13 (bottom of his scale)

    I asked him if he thought my estradiol should be lower, he said as long as it's below 58, it's fine.

    During the first couple weeks of 200mg per week, I felt like the horny teen I never was, but after that, I was back to how I started, great mental clarity, but not much libido or energy.

    At our most recent discussion, he told me to go up to 240mg per week and come back in 3 months. He also told me that if for any reason I felt it was too high, I could lower it at my discretion.

    I also found out he's a sex-change doctor, and that's where he gets a lot of his clinical experience with the effects of T. Oh my. He also told me he's been on TRT for 3 years and he still hasn't figured out the perfect dosage for himself.

    His solution to the roller coaster is to push up the whole curve, so to speak.

    I really don't like my estrogen number, but he would not prescribe Arimidex.

    So, is he crazy? Back when I was on 100mg T per week I was told my Total T was a bit high and to lower it. Quite frankly, I feel I would prefer a lower does and some Arimidex right about now.

    I know that my body is very estrogeno-philic (did I just make that up?). I am not happy being at 48 on a scale of 0-58, but that's based on reading that middle or slightly below middle of the range seems preferable to others.

    I've got plenty of night wood and morning wood. I do think about sex more often, but my body doesn't exactly "keep up". Also sometimes my prostate feels a little "bigger" than normal, including it being a little more difficult to urinate. Not difficult as in painful, but I can't "push it out to make it go faster", if you know what I mean.

    Since he said I could lower the dose at my discretion, I'm leaning towards doing just that. He also said I could split my doses, but doing so could mean needing a lower dose over all. Finally he said it could take 9 months to a year to really stabilize and for testosterone and estrogen related metabolic issues to get sorted out once stable.

    Any professional or non-professional opinions?

    WF
    With all that T most of it may be converted to DHT why your prostrate is being affected also to estrogens will drive dht levels. You need to find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross and once the e2 increases to much over t then that is your target range. Low shbg = major inuslin resistance and could be route of your problem

    Your dr needs to get up to date with information. Free T is worthless reading because half test are not measurede accurately you need to go with biotestosterone whihc yours is WHY TOO HIGH and your e2 to testosterone ration is not that bad. I would lower your range down to 1100 or possible just look for inuslin reistance which high testosterone and dht can cause ..You are wise in going with 100 mgs of testosteorne a week for 6 weeks . It looks like you are not really having any e2 problesms because the scales not calibrate to tradiitonal ranges. If they where then you may have a better understanding where e2 stands, but more so my concern would be DHT and inuslin resistance since elevated DHT can lower shbg.

    Start out 100 mgs a week may be split into shots 60 mgs monday and 40 mgs thursday with 250 ius hcg day before
    each shot and run this for 6 weeks then retest if still not happybump it up to 115 mgs.
  3. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    With all that T most of it may be converted to DHT why your prostrate is being affected also to estrogens will drive dht levels. You need to find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross and once the e2 increases to much over t then that is your target range. Low shbg = major inuslin resistance and could be route of your problem

    Your dr needs to get up to date with information. Free T is worthless reading because half test are not measurede accurately you need to go with biotestosterone whihc yours is WHY TOO HIGH and your e2 to testosterone ration is not that bad. I would lower your range down to 1100 or possible just look for inuslin reistance which high testosterone and dht can cause ..You are wise in going with 100 mgs of testosteorne a week for 6 weeks . It looks like you are not really having any e2 problesms because the scales not calibrate to tradiitonal ranges. If they where then you may have a better understanding where e2 stands, but more so my concern would be DHT and inuslin resistance since elevated DHT can lower shbg.

    Start out 100 mgs a week may be split into shots 60 mgs monday and 40 mgs thursday with 250 ius hcg day before
    each shot and run this for 6 weeks then retest if still not happybump it up to 115 mgs.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think if I make any changes, I will taper down gradually until I find a good spot.

    How exactly does one "find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross"?? Does that require frequent testing and graph plotting?

    Any other comments, guys?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think if I make any changes, I will taper down gradually until I find a good spot.

    How exactly does one "find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross"?? Does that require frequent testing and graph plotting?

    Any other comments, guys?
    Test every 4 weeks to plot it. Shippen tests every 2 weeks and starts you at the bottom and works your way up slowly.
    Should never start high also take the low and slow road not the fast and furious one.
  5. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Test every 4 weeks to plot it. Shippen tests every 2 weeks and starts you at the bottom and works your way up slowly.
    Should never start high also take the low and slow road not the fast and furious one.
    Well, I'm already high. I will check out the LEF member prices for these. Or perhaps I can get my PCP to order tests again.
  6. New Member
    Headdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Well, I'm already high. I will check out the LEF member prices for these. Or perhaps I can get my PCP to order tests again.

    with the estrodial running so high, how are your moods? Anxiety? How old are you? Hertoghe seems prefer older men (over 60) on IM.
  7. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Headdoc View Post
    with the estrodial running so high, how are your moods? Anxiety? How old are you? Hertoghe seems prefer older men (over 60) on IM.
    No anxiety. My mood has been great. Most mellow in a long time. I find it strange actually. Perhaps the urologist is right and the T is winning over the E in my head, but elsewhere?

    Despite all of this, I know I have to get my bodyfat percentage (that is, volume of aromatization space) down from about 24% where it is now, to lower, gosh 15% or less. If I get to that point, I may not need as much exogenous T.
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    So in April switched over to a local urologist for my TRT so that I could get this paid for by my insurance.

    I had been on 5g Androgel daily, hcg 200iu every other day. Feeling decent in the head but still not much libido or energy.

    He does a big blood test panel. Apparently he has his own "RIA" (radio immuno assay) equipment in his clinic. Insulin was a bit high, homocysteine was really good, and other things to him indicated that the 5g Androgel daily was not enough. He commented that he usually starts men out at 10g Androgel per day.

    Based on those results and how I was feeling, he recommended going to weekly IM Test Cyp shots, starting at 200mg per week. I told him that seemed high. He said after 6 weeks we'd see, and that I could continue the QOD hCG if I wanted to. He said Total T is not as important as Free T, which he likes to see around 300. His philosophy is that instead of aromatase inhibition, you need to add so much T that it always "out races" the estrogen at the receptors. Hmm.

    Six weeks later, he tested only 4 things. Here are the results:

    Total T: 1502 (his range goes up to 1700 or so)
    Free T: 532 (way over 300 I'd say)
    Estradiol: 48 (0-58)
    SHBG: 13 (bottom of his scale)

    I asked him if he thought my estradiol should be lower, he said as long as it's below 58, it's fine.

    During the first couple weeks of 200mg per week, I felt like the horny teen I never was, but after that, I was back to how I started, great mental clarity, but not much libido or energy.

    At our most recent discussion, he told me to go up to 240mg per week and come back in 3 months. He also told me that if for any reason I felt it was too high, I could lower it at my discretion.

    I also found out he's a sex-change doctor, and that's where he gets a lot of his clinical experience with the effects of T. Oh my. He also told me he's been on TRT for 3 years and he still hasn't figured out the perfect dosage for himself.

    His solution to the roller coaster is to push up the whole curve, so to speak.

    I really don't like my estrogen number, but he would not prescribe Arimidex.

    So, is he crazy? Back when I was on 100mg T per week I was told my Total T was a bit high and to lower it. Quite frankly, I feel I would prefer a lower does and some Arimidex right about now.

    I know that my body is very estrogeno-philic (did I just make that up?). I am not happy being at 48 on a scale of 0-58, but that's based on reading that middle or slightly below middle of the range seems preferable to others.

    I've got plenty of night wood and morning wood. I do think about sex more often, but my body doesn't exactly "keep up". Also sometimes my prostate feels a little "bigger" than normal, including it being a little more difficult to urinate. Not difficult as in painful, but I can't "push it out to make it go faster", if you know what I mean.

    Since he said I could lower the dose at my discretion, I'm leaning towards doing just that. He also said I could split my doses, but doing so could mean needing a lower dose over all. Finally he said it could take 9 months to a year to really stabilize and for testosterone and estrogen related metabolic issues to get sorted out once stable.

    Any professional or non-professional opinions?

    WF
    My non-professional opinion.
    Your enemy is low SHBG. When you are taking any supplements, watch out, check first if they do not lower SHBG.
    Assuming that it is due to insuline resistance, get as much info as you can from Hardasnails and deal with that.
    Post your
    Hemoglobin A1C
    insuline
    glucose

    If you want to go hog high with your testosterone injection,
    your goal FreeT=300
    SHBG=13
    using Dr Shippens chart you want
    TotalT=900
    Using my chart you should get there using
    125mg/week
    using 200mg/mL T-cypionate (Depo-Testosterone)
    Your total weekly dose
    125/200=0.625ml=62.5units on insuline syringe
    You should really do your shots more often
    if twice weekly 62.5/2=31.25 units
    if E3D 62.5/7*3=26.8 units
    if E2D 62.5/7*2=17.9
    round up to the nex half unit

    I did my first SubQ T shot today using very small needle, it does have 1/2 scale markings. I used

    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

    There is another less expensive but same size needle
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box Sale Price: $13.99
    ----------------------------------------------------
    If your doc do not want to give you script for Arimidex, you can always get LiquiDex. Actually easier to measure small doses.

    I would worry about other estrogens,
    LEF DualAction, 4 pills, I use 6 pills
    LEF TMG, 2 pills.
  9. New Member
    wondering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    163

    Reputation

    I'll give a short answer - yes he's crazy. You're injecting way too much T.


    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    So in April switched over to a local urologist for my TRT so that I could get this paid for by my insurance.

    I had been on 5g Androgel daily, hcg 200iu every other day. Feeling decent in the head but still not much libido or energy.

    He does a big blood test panel. Apparently he has his own "RIA" (radio immuno assay) equipment in his clinic. Insulin was a bit high, homocysteine was really good, and other things to him indicated that the 5g Androgel daily was not enough. He commented that he usually starts men out at 10g Androgel per day.

    Based on those results and how I was feeling, he recommended going to weekly IM Test Cyp shots, starting at 200mg per week. I told him that seemed high. He said after 6 weeks we'd see, and that I could continue the QOD hCG if I wanted to. He said Total T is not as important as Free T, which he likes to see around 300. His philosophy is that instead of aromatase inhibition, you need to add so much T that it always "out races" the estrogen at the receptors. Hmm.

    Six weeks later, he tested only 4 things. Here are the results:

    Total T: 1502 (his range goes up to 1700 or so)
    Free T: 532 (way over 300 I'd say)
    Estradiol: 48 (0-58)
    SHBG: 13 (bottom of his scale)

    I asked him if he thought my estradiol should be lower, he said as long as it's below 58, it's fine.

    During the first couple weeks of 200mg per week, I felt like the horny teen I never was, but after that, I was back to how I started, great mental clarity, but not much libido or energy.

    At our most recent discussion, he told me to go up to 240mg per week and come back in 3 months. He also told me that if for any reason I felt it was too high, I could lower it at my discretion.

    I also found out he's a sex-change doctor, and that's where he gets a lot of his clinical experience with the effects of T. Oh my. He also told me he's been on TRT for 3 years and he still hasn't figured out the perfect dosage for himself.

    His solution to the roller coaster is to push up the whole curve, so to speak.

    I really don't like my estrogen number, but he would not prescribe Arimidex.

    So, is he crazy? Back when I was on 100mg T per week I was told my Total T was a bit high and to lower it. Quite frankly, I feel I would prefer a lower does and some Arimidex right about now.

    I know that my body is very estrogeno-philic (did I just make that up?). I am not happy being at 48 on a scale of 0-58, but that's based on reading that middle or slightly below middle of the range seems preferable to others.

    I've got plenty of night wood and morning wood. I do think about sex more often, but my body doesn't exactly "keep up". Also sometimes my prostate feels a little "bigger" than normal, including it being a little more difficult to urinate. Not difficult as in painful, but I can't "push it out to make it go faster", if you know what I mean.

    Since he said I could lower the dose at my discretion, I'm leaning towards doing just that. He also said I could split my doses, but doing so could mean needing a lower dose over all. Finally he said it could take 9 months to a year to really stabilize and for testosterone and estrogen related metabolic issues to get sorted out once stable.

    Any professional or non-professional opinions?

    WF
  10. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My non-professional opinion.
    Your enemy is low SHBG. When you are taking any supplements, watch out, check first if they do not lower SHBG.
    Assuming that it is due to insuline resistance, get as much info as you can from Hardasnails and deal with that.
    Post your
    Hemoglobin A1C
    insuline
    glucose

    If you want to go hog high with your testosterone injection,
    your goal FreeT=300
    SHBG=13
    using Dr Shippens chart you want
    TotalT=900
    Using my chart you should get there using
    125mg/week
    using 200mg/mL T-cypionate (Depo-Testosterone)
    Your total weekly dose
    125/200=0.625ml=62.5units on insuline syringe
    You should really do your shots more often
    if twice weekly 62.5/2=31.25 units
    if E3D 62.5/7*3=26.8 units
    if E2D 62.5/7*2=17.9
    round up to the nex half unit

    I did my first SubQ T shot today using very small needle, it does have 1/2 scale markings. I used

    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

    There is another less expensive but same size needle
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box Sale Price: $13.99
    ----------------------------------------------------
    If your doc do not want to give you script for Arimidex, you can always get LiquiDex. Actually easier to measure small doses.

    I would worry about other estrogens,
    LEF DualAction, 4 pills, I use 6 pills
    LEF TMG, 2 pills.
    Thanks JanSz. If I change anything, I will taper down to find the right spot for me. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance a few years ago. The urologist mentioned that due to my slightly high insulin level, I probably am. I will have to go find my old labs but I recall glucose was around 90 and A1C was just under about 5.6%.

    What supplements lower SHBG? Do you mean bind to SHBG such as Avena Sativa or Nettle Root?
  11. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Thanks JanSz. If I change anything, I will taper down to find the right spot for me. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance a few years ago. The urologist mentioned that due to my slightly high insulin level, I probably am. I will have to go find my old labs but I recall glucose was around 90 and A1C was just under about 5.6%.

    What supplements lower SHBG? Do you mean bind to SHBG such as Avena Sativa or Nettle Root?
    Wish I knew more about insuline resistance.
    my Hemoglobin A1C=5.4
    that coresponds to average glucose level=114
    I calculated here:
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
    surprising, my glucose test shows 105

    I am taking this supplements
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
    will test latter to see if they actually work.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To lower SHBG
    Proviron
    GH
    Avena Sativa Extract
    Urtica dioica aka Stinging nettle
    Muira Puama
    Chrysin

    I think higher levels of T & E also inhibits SHBG
    =========
    To make SHBG higher
    Clomid
    Nolvadex
    ============================== ============================== ================
    There is a thread on this board (James something) talking about low SHBG
  12. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    JansZ is the man, great adivse, echoing every thing I would have said.
  13. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    you can always get liquid arimidex from the chem one guys, if your dr wont give it to you.

    lets go with 1mg per week divided up.
  14. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    287

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    you can always get liquid arimidex from the chem one guys, if your dr wont give it to you.

    lets go with 1mg per week divided up.
    I don't know how he can find the dose of T that feels right when the E is probably messing things up. The Doctor's statement about E levels is totally insane. He will need to get E2 down to the 17-20 range and loosing fat with higher levels of E will not happen.
  15. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    I don't know how he can find the dose of T that feels right when the E is probably messing things up. The Doctor's statement about E levels is totally insane. He will need to get E2 down to the 17-20 range and loosing fat with higher levels of E will not happen.
    Agree completely. We need to get that E down first, all the T in the world won't offset that.
  16. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1056

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    you can always get liquid arimidex from the chem one guys, if your dr wont give it to you.

    lets go with 1mg per week divided up.
    You should edit your post (no sourcing).
  17. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    You should edit your post (no sourcing).
    I don't see a link to any website in my post. Just some opinions and ideas to save a guy over a thousand bucks a year.
  18. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    I would recomend you find someone who concurrently accepts your insurance AND knows what he is doing.

    The simple answer to your question is "yes". There is so much nonsense in what you have written about his philosophy, it would take me half an hour of writing to cover it all.
    Well, Doctor John, when are you going to start accepting my insurance ? :-)

    I have 3 months to go "at my discretion". I guess I will be doing a taper down. I appreciate the AI recommendations. I have that all squared away. Thanks.
  19. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1056

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    I don't see a link to any website in my post. Just some opinions and ideas to save a guy over a thousand bucks a year.
    OK, bro I was just trying to help you out from my past experiences.
  20. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Bow to BCBS, your new master!!

    lol


    The urologist is crazy and I wish I could find one like that.

    "Here Bio, take this gallon of testosterone home and just see what happens." lol
  21. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    So, what you are saying is, you want me to have a stress filled life and get no sleep at night?
    On receipt for your services, are you providing ICD-9 codes and instructions on how to deal with personal health insurance?

    From my experience, doctors that I see and some/many that I do not see, when they charge my insurance, it is often incorrect or incomplete information is provided. I am asked questions 6 months to sometime year and half latter. Mostly I do not have good answers, I am not educated enough in health insurance ways.

    When large hospital or doctor's office cannot get it straight, there is a little chance there for regular Joe, other than cough up the cash.

    OTOH, I do not blame you one bit for what you are doing, insurance way.

    The system is screwed up, but please no social medicine, not in USA.
  22. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    So, what you are saying is, you want me to have a stress filled life and get no sleep at night?
    Do you not already, sir?
  23. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Actually, BC/BS pays for my beloved Rhein Consulting Laboratories 24 hour urine panel, so they are on my Good Guy list.
    You can get all the lab work done but you need a clear and aggressive mind to understand and treat
  24. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Actually, BC/BS pays for my beloved Rhein Consulting Laboratories 24 hour urine panel, so they are on my Good Guy list.
    Oh do they now? I have BCBS
  25. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Actually, BC/BS pays for my beloved Rhein Consulting Laboratories 24 hour urine panel, so they are on my Good Guy list.
    And UHC doesn't. They seem not to want to pay for much of anything. My out-of-network deductible is $2000 per year. And they only reimburse Labcorp. Superlame.
  26. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    And UHC doesn't. They seem not to want to pay for much of anything. My out-of-network deductible is $2000 per year. And they only reimburse Labcorp. Superlame.
    Non HMO, BCBS. I have a 1000 dollar a year deductable.

    Do not sweat deductables. They are completely tax deductable(you get it all back).

    I wonder how much GH would be?
  27. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Non HMO, BCBS. I have a 1000 dollar a year deductable.

    Do not sweat deductables. They are completely tax deductable(you get it all back).

    I wonder how much GH would be?
    My understanding is that deductibles and other expenses are only deductible if their total exceeds a certain amount per year. At best I would get about 25% back if I actually spent that much (I think it's $7000). You don't get it all back. Our government is not that generous. What I could do is have more money taken out for FSA next year and use that Visa to pay for stuff.
  28. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    My understanding is that deductibles and other expenses are only deductible if their total exceeds a certain amount per year. At best I would get about 25% back if I actually spent that much (I think it's $7000). You don't get it all back. Our government is not that generous. What I could do is have more money taken out for FSA next year and use that Visa to pay for stuff.
    You can claim deductables from years prior - so If you have to hit a set total, you can, it will just take time.
  29. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Back to the topic. I just got my DHT results in (his in-house lab doesn't do it, they sent it to labcorp). It was right at the top of the range. No surprise. What baffles me is that the urologist doesn't seem to care about DHT. I requested the DHT test, and his phlebotomist just submitted it.

    I have been tapering down the dose. I've also been taking some Saw Palmetto and now I can pee more freely again. It was getting bad, almost painful.
  30. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    287

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Back to the topic. I just got my DHT results in (his in-house lab doesn't do it, they sent it to labcorp). It was right at the top of the range. No surprise. What baffles me is that the urologist doesn't seem to care about DHT. I requested the DHT test, and his phlebotomist just submitted it.

    I have been tapering down the dose. I've also been taking some Saw Palmetto and now I can pee more freely again. It was getting bad, almost painful.
    E2 is probably a greater risk that DHT. I found that reducing my E2=37-->22 improved urine flow significantly.

    Your TRT should include PSA lab work and an annual DRE. Not doing that with TRT could be considered substandard medical care. Many Doctor's would want to be checking DHT and taking action if above normal, if only to not be in a sticky legal situation if you happen to get prostate cancer. In many cases, legal risks drive details of therapy.

    EDIT:

    If you are doing transdermal TRT, switching to injections might reduce your DHT levels.
  31. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    E2 is probably a greater risk that DHT. I found that reducing my E2=37-->22 improved urine flow significantly.

    Your TRT should include PSA lab work and an annual DRE. Not doing that with TRT could be considered substandard medical care. Many Doctor's would want to be checking DHT and taking action if above normal, if only to not be in a sticky legal situation if you happen to get prostate cancer. In many cases, legal risks drive details of therapy.

    EDIT:

    If you are doing transdermal TRT, switching to injections might reduce your DHT levels.
    Interesting.

    Make sure your getting a good brand of Saw Palmetto. I like lef.org for this - http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00808.html
  32. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    E2 is probably a greater risk that DHT. I found that reducing my E2=37-->22 improved urine flow significantly.

    Your TRT should include PSA lab work and an annual DRE. Not doing that with TRT could be considered substandard medical care. Many Doctor's would want to be checking DHT and taking action if above normal, if only to not be in a sticky legal situation if you happen to get prostate cancer. In many cases, legal risks drive details of therapy.

    EDIT:

    If you are doing transdermal TRT, switching to injections might reduce your DHT levels.
    Would a 1/2 inch needle classifed as subQ or IM that is magic question diretly into thigh or shoulder

    Ksman
    4 weeks off anti E's due to improper blood testing results my e2 was 73 on 1/3 cc of sustenon every 3 rd day. I know scold me put I had some Test eth left and after being on 50mgs every 3 days for 3 weeks my testosterone came back to 332, e2 19, shbg 37 which told me it was fake . Since my Dr saw my blood tests where low he gave me told me to take 200 mgs shot of PRESCRIBED cyp to get things rolling then go 45 mgs every 3 day and we will restest in 5 weeks.. Knowing my e2 was high before of 73. Would it be advisbable to just run straight cyp without an AI or knowing that previouslty with elevated e2 . Right now I am having troiuble peeing which is telling me my e2 is going up again. I feel bloated and sever constipation
  33. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Would a 1/2 inch needle classifed as subQ or IM that is magic question diretly into thigh or shoulder

    Ksman
    4 weeks off anti E's due to improper blood testing results my e2 was 73 on 1/3 cc of sustenon every 3 rd day. I know scold me put I had some Test eth left and after being on 50mgs every 3 days for 3 weeks my testosterone came back to 332, e2 19, shbg 37 which told me it was fake . Since my Dr saw my blood tests where low he gave me told me to take 200 mgs shot of PRESCRIBED cyp to get things rolling then go 45 mgs every 3 day and we will restest in 5 weeks.. Knowing my e2 was high before of 73. Would it be advisbable to just run straight cyp without an AI or knowing that previouslty with elevated e2 . Right now I am having troiuble peeing which is telling me my e2 is going up again. I feel bloated and sever constipation
    If your thighs or shoulder are so fat that 1/2 inch is not hitting muscle you have bigger issues than just low T!

    Most are fine with 1/2 inch.

    Bloating is always a sign of high E, not low. Its probably one of the very select few signs of E problems that signals high E only(usually, all the other symtoms can be interchanged with to high or to low E).

    The only other one off the top of my head that I can think of is very low cholesterol, which is usually low E exclusive. But that can come from other issues as well.

    What to do is up to you. Ideally you want to run T injects 4 weeks to get an accurate measure of E levels without an AI. However thats a long time if your already feeling blah, you might wanna take action now.
  34. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    287

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Would a 1/2 inch needle classifed as subQ or IM that is magic question diretly into thigh or shoulder

    Ksman
    4 weeks off anti E's due to improper blood testing results my e2 was 73 on 1/3 cc of sustenon every 3 rd day. I know scold me put I had some Test eth left and after being on 50mgs every 3 days for 3 weeks my testosterone came back to 332, e2 19, shbg 37 which told me it was fake . Since my Dr saw my blood tests where low he gave me told me to take 200 mgs shot of PRESCRIBED cyp to get things rolling then go 45 mgs every 3 day and we will restest in 5 weeks.. Knowing my e2 was high before of 73. Would it be advisbable to just run straight cyp without an AI or knowing that previouslty with elevated e2 . Right now I am having troiuble peeing which is telling me my e2 is going up again. I feel bloated and sever constipation
    1/2" is fine for those with thin skin, but perhaps not deep enough for larger doses. .225ml should be fine. I would do outer top quad, aka vastus lateralis. Never the inner thigh, too many blood vessels and nerves there. And we have the TRT via SQ crowd as well. I have tried that for a while, off and on, and did not notice any problems for me.

    It is hard to believe that you will not need some AI. I don't know how much you should take. But if you took a reasonable stab at a proper dose, then your next E lab work could be for a dose adjustment instead of a leap into the unknown. Meanwhile, the TRT might go better and some E issues might improve. If taking anastrozole, front load your dosing as the maintenance dose alone can take a week or more to achieve steady state serum levels. Take 1mg/day for the first two days, or the intended weekly amount, then begin the intended maintenance amount.
  35. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    UPDATE: for the past 5 or 6 weeks, I've been injected QOD hcg and T-cyp "adjusting at my discretion" which my urologist allowed me to do. I've been feeling excellent with the following every other day:

    40mg T
    200iu hcg
    0.25 anastrozole

    I'm also using Dermacrine daily. I have to take Saw Palmetto otherwise my prostate seems to enlarge a bit (judging by urination issues).

    Since getting on that, I've had the libido I want, energy to work out, alertness at work, and mentally feel great!
  36. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    287

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    UPDATE: for the past 5 or 6 weeks, I've been injected QOD hcg and T-cyp "adjusting at my discretion" which my urologist allowed me to do. I've been feeling excellent with the following every other day:

    40mg T
    200iu hcg
    0.25 anastrozole

    I'm also using Dermacrine daily. I have to take Saw Palmetto otherwise my prostate seems to enlarge a bit (judging by urination issues).

    Since getting on that, I've had the libido I want, energy to work out, alertness at work, and mentally feel great!
    I was steady on T+HCG. When I added anastrozole at 1mg/wk my E2=37-->22. With that change my urine flow improved. This is consistant with the fact that E2 is a primary cause of prostate inflamation. TRT is also known to increase prostate size, but that seems to be a one time change, not an on going process.

    Research showed that 250iu HCG EOD maintained testicular function in young normal males who were PHTA shudown with 200mg/wk of test cyp. So that dose might be better for you.

    If you use a 10,000 iu vial, that would last 80 days... pushing its life span. If a lower dose in that size it would last even longer.

    You might profit from a bit more anastrozole, but if breaking up 1mg tablets, that is hard to do.
  37. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    You might profit from a bit more anastrozole, but if breaking up 1mg tablets, that is hard to do.
    Pill splitter?

    Glad to see everything working out for you.
  38. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    264

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    ...

    You might profit from a bit more anastrozole, but if breaking up 1mg tablets, that is hard to do.
    How much should the anastrozole be?
  39. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Pill splitter?

    Glad to see everything working out for you.
    I have two pill splitters, they do not really work.

    I am using Liquidex.

    0.5cc = 1/2 pill and so on, wery easy to do all kind of dosing.
  40. New Member
    dcguy4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    124

    Reputation

    I want to know if you kept up. Did you have erectile issues before you went on HRT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    UPDATE: for the past 5 or 6 weeks, I've been injected QOD hcg and T-cyp "adjusting at my discretion" which my urologist allowed me to do. I've been feeling excellent with the following every other day:

    40mg T
    200iu hcg
    0.25 anastrozole

    I'm also using Dermacrine daily. I have to take Saw Palmetto otherwise my prostate seems to enlarge a bit (judging by urination issues).

    Since getting on that, I've had the libido I want, energy to work out, alertness at work, and mentally feel great!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Help: My Urologist is Stumped
    By Able825 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 04:06 PM
  2. Where is my T-1 pump?
    By kimo_brah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 08:21 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 10:31 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2003, 09:27 PM
  5. Here is my upper Body 4 day split for FIna Cycle
    By pjorstad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in