Is my urologist crazy?

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
So in April switched over to a local urologist for my TRT so that I could get this paid for by my insurance.

I had been on 5g Androgel daily, hcg 200iu every other day. Feeling decent in the head but still not much libido or energy.

He does a big blood test panel. Apparently he has his own "RIA" (radio immuno assay) equipment in his clinic. Insulin was a bit high, homocysteine was really good, and other things to him indicated that the 5g Androgel daily was not enough. He commented that he usually starts men out at 10g Androgel per day.

Based on those results and how I was feeling, he recommended going to weekly IM Test Cyp shots, starting at 200mg per week. I told him that seemed high. He said after 6 weeks we'd see, and that I could continue the QOD hCG if I wanted to. He said Total T is not as important as Free T, which he likes to see around 300. His philosophy is that instead of aromatase inhibition, you need to add so much T that it always "out races" the estrogen at the receptors. Hmm.

Six weeks later, he tested only 4 things. Here are the results:

Total T: 1502 (his range goes up to 1700 or so)
Free T: 532 (way over 300 I'd say)
Estradiol: 48 (0-58)
SHBG: 13 (bottom of his scale)

I asked him if he thought my estradiol should be lower, he said as long as it's below 58, it's fine.

During the first couple weeks of 200mg per week, I felt like the horny teen I never was, but after that, I was back to how I started, great mental clarity, but not much libido or energy.

At our most recent discussion, he told me to go up to 240mg per week and come back in 3 months. He also told me that if for any reason I felt it was too high, I could lower it at my discretion.

I also found out he's a sex-change doctor, and that's where he gets a lot of his clinical experience with the effects of T. Oh my. He also told me he's been on TRT for 3 years and he still hasn't figured out the perfect dosage for himself.

His solution to the roller coaster is to push up the whole curve, so to speak.

I really don't like my estrogen number, but he would not prescribe Arimidex.

So, is he crazy? Back when I was on 100mg T per week I was told my Total T was a bit high and to lower it. Quite frankly, I feel I would prefer a lower does and some Arimidex right about now.

I know that my body is very estrogeno-philic (did I just make that up?). I am not happy being at 48 on a scale of 0-58, but that's based on reading that middle or slightly below middle of the range seems preferable to others.

I've got plenty of night wood and morning wood. I do think about sex more often, but my body doesn't exactly "keep up". Also sometimes my prostate feels a little "bigger" than normal, including it being a little more difficult to urinate. Not difficult as in painful, but I can't "push it out to make it go faster", if you know what I mean.

Since he said I could lower the dose at my discretion, I'm leaning towards doing just that. He also said I could split my doses, but doing so could mean needing a lower dose over all. Finally he said it could take 9 months to a year to really stabilize and for testosterone and estrogen related metabolic issues to get sorted out once stable.

Any professional or non-professional opinions?

WF

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
So in April switched over to a local urologist for my TRT so that I could get this paid for by my insurance.

I had been on 5g Androgel daily, hcg 200iu every other day. Feeling decent in the head but still not much libido or energy.

He does a big blood test panel. Apparently he has his own "RIA" (radio immuno assay) equipment in his clinic. Insulin was a bit high, homocysteine was really good, and other things to him indicated that the 5g Androgel daily was not enough. He commented that he usually starts men out at 10g Androgel per day.

Based on those results and how I was feeling, he recommended going to weekly IM Test Cyp shots, starting at 200mg per week. I told him that seemed high. He said after 6 weeks we'd see, and that I could continue the QOD hCG if I wanted to. He said Total T is not as important as Free T, which he likes to see around 300. His philosophy is that instead of aromatase inhibition, you need to add so much T that it always "out races" the estrogen at the receptors. Hmm.

I asked him if he thought my estradiol should be lower, he said as long as it's below 58, it's fine.

During the first couple weeks of 200mg per week, I felt like the horny teen I never was, but after that, I was back to how I started, great mental clarity, but not much libido or energy.

At our most recent discussion, he told me to go up to 240mg per week and come back in 3 months. He also told me that if for any reason I felt it was too high, I could lower it at my discretion.

I also found out he's a sex-change doctor, and that's where he gets a lot of his clinical experience with the effects of T. Oh my. He also told me he's been on TRT for 3 years and he still hasn't figured out the perfect dosage for himself.

So, is he crazy? Back when I was on 100mg T per week I was told my Total T was a bit high and to lower it. Quite frankly, I feel I would prefer a lower does and some Arimidex right about now.

I know that my body is very estrogeno-philic (did I just make that up?). I am not happy being at 48 on a scale of 0-58, but that's based on reading that middle or slightly below middle of the range seems preferable to others.

I've got plenty of night wood and morning wood. I do think about sex more often, but my body doesn't exactly "keep up". Also sometimes my prostate feels a little "bigger" than normal, including it being a little more difficult to urinate. Not difficult as in painful, but I can't "push it out to make it go faster", if you know what I mean.

Since he said I could lower the dose at my discretion, I'm leaning towards doing just that. He also said I could split my doses, but doing so could mean needing a lower dose over all. Finally he said it could take 9 months to a year to really stabilize and for testosterone and estrogen related metabolic issues to get sorted out once stable.

WF
With all that T most of it may be converted to DHT why your prostrate is being affected also to estrogens will drive dht levels. You need to find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross and once the e2 increases to much over t then that is your target range. Low shbg = major inuslin resistance and could be route of your problem

Your dr needs to get up to date with information. Free T is worthless reading because half test are not measurede accurately you need to go with biotestosterone whihc yours is WHY TOO HIGH and your e2 to testosterone ration is not that bad. I would lower your range down to 1100 or possible just look for inuslin reistance which high testosterone and dht can cause ..You are wise in going with 100 mgs of testosteorne a week for 6 weeks . It looks like you are not really having any e2 problesms because the scales not calibrate to tradiitonal ranges. If they where then you may have a better understanding where e2 stands, but more so my concern would be DHT and inuslin resistance since elevated DHT can lower shbg.

Start out 100 mgs a week may be split into shots 60 mgs monday and 40 mgs thursday with 250 ius hcg day before
each shot and run this for 6 weeks then retest if still not happybump it up to 115 mgs.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
With all that T most of it may be converted to DHT why your prostrate is being affected also to estrogens will drive dht levels. You need to find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross and once the e2 increases to much over t then that is your target range. Low shbg = major inuslin resistance and could be route of your problem

Your dr needs to get up to date with information. Free T is worthless reading because half test are not measurede accurately you need to go with biotestosterone whihc yours is WHY TOO HIGH and your e2 to testosterone ration is not that bad. I would lower your range down to 1100 or possible just look for inuslin reistance which high testosterone and dht can cause ..You are wise in going with 100 mgs of testosteorne a week for 6 weeks . It looks like you are not really having any e2 problesms because the scales not calibrate to tradiitonal ranges. If they where then you may have a better understanding where e2 stands, but more so my concern would be DHT and inuslin resistance since elevated DHT can lower shbg.

Start out 100 mgs a week may be split into shots 60 mgs monday and 40 mgs thursday with 250 ius hcg day before
each shot and run this for 6 weeks then retest if still not happybump it up to 115 mgs.
Thanks for the feedback. I think if I make any changes, I will taper down gradually until I find a good spot.

How exactly does one "find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross"?? Does that require frequent testing and graph plotting?

Any other comments, guys?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback. I think if I make any changes, I will taper down gradually until I find a good spot.

How exactly does one "find the range where the e2 and testosteorne cross"?? Does that require frequent testing and graph plotting?

Any other comments, guys?
Test every 4 weeks to plot it. Shippen tests every 2 weeks and starts you at the bottom and works your way up slowly.
Should never start high also take the low and slow road not the fast and furious one.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Test every 4 weeks to plot it. Shippen tests every 2 weeks and starts you at the bottom and works your way up slowly.
Should never start high also take the low and slow road not the fast and furious one.
Well, I'm already high. I will check out the LEF member prices for these. Or perhaps I can get my PCP to order tests again.

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards
Well, I'm already high. I will check out the LEF member prices for these. Or perhaps I can get my PCP to order tests again.

with the estrodial running so high, how are your moods? Anxiety? How old are you? Hertoghe seems prefer older men (over 60) on IM.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
with the estrodial running so high, how are your moods? Anxiety? How old are you? Hertoghe seems prefer older men (over 60) on IM.
No anxiety. My mood has been great. Most mellow in a long time. I find it strange actually. Perhaps the urologist is right and the T is winning over the E in my head, but elsewhere?

Despite all of this, I know I have to get my bodyfat percentage (that is, volume of aromatization space) down from about 24% where it is now, to lower, gosh 15% or less. If I get to that point, I may not need as much exogenous T.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

WF
My non-professional opinion.
Your enemy is low SHBG. When you are taking any supplements, watch out, check first if they do not lower SHBG.
Assuming that it is due to insuline resistance, get as much info as you can from Hardasnails and deal with that.
Post your
Hemoglobin A1C
insuline
glucose

If you want to go hog high with your testosterone injection,
your goal FreeT=300
SHBG=13
using Dr Shippens chart you want
TotalT=900
Using my chart you should get there using
125mg/week
using 200mg/mL T-cypionate (Depo-Testosterone)
Your total weekly dose
125/200=0.625ml=62.5units on insuline syringe
You should really do your shots more often
if twice weekly 62.5/2=31.25 units
if E3D 62.5/7*3=26.8 units
if E2D 62.5/7*2=17.9
round up to the nex half unit

I did my first SubQ T shot today using very small needle, it does have 1/2 scale markings. I used

BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

There is another less expensive but same size needle
Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box Sale Price: $13.99
----------------------------------------------------
If your doc do not want to give you script for Arimidex, you can always get LiquiDex. Actually easier to measure small doses.

I would worry about other estrogens,
LEF DualAction, 4 pills, I use 6 pills
LEF TMG, 2 pills.

wondering

Awards
I'll give a short answer - yes he's crazy. You're injecting way too much T.

WF

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
My non-professional opinion.
Your enemy is low SHBG. When you are taking any supplements, watch out, check first if they do not lower SHBG.
Assuming that it is due to insuline resistance, get as much info as you can from Hardasnails and deal with that.
Post your
Hemoglobin A1C
insuline
glucose

If you want to go hog high with your testosterone injection,
your goal FreeT=300
SHBG=13
using Dr Shippens chart you want
TotalT=900
Using my chart you should get there using
125mg/week
using 200mg/mL T-cypionate (Depo-Testosterone)
Your total weekly dose
125/200=0.625ml=62.5units on insuline syringe
You should really do your shots more often
if twice weekly 62.5/2=31.25 units
if E3D 62.5/7*3=26.8 units
if E2D 62.5/7*2=17.9
round up to the nex half unit

I did my first SubQ T shot today using very small needle, it does have 1/2 scale markings. I used

BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

There is another less expensive but same size needle
Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box Sale Price: $13.99
----------------------------------------------------
If your doc do not want to give you script for Arimidex, you can always get LiquiDex. Actually easier to measure small doses.

I would worry about other estrogens,
LEF DualAction, 4 pills, I use 6 pills
LEF TMG, 2 pills.
Thanks JanSz. If I change anything, I will taper down to find the right spot for me. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance a few years ago. The urologist mentioned that due to my slightly high insulin level, I probably am. I will have to go find my old labs but I recall glucose was around 90 and A1C was just under about 5.6%.

What supplements lower SHBG? Do you mean bind to SHBG such as Avena Sativa or Nettle Root?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks JanSz. If I change anything, I will taper down to find the right spot for me. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance a few years ago. The urologist mentioned that due to my slightly high insulin level, I probably am. I will have to go find my old labs but I recall glucose was around 90 and A1C was just under about 5.6%.

What supplements lower SHBG? Do you mean bind to SHBG such as Avena Sativa or Nettle Root?
Wish I knew more about insuline resistance.
my Hemoglobin A1C=5.4
that coresponds to average glucose level=114
I calculated here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/865604-post23.html
surprising, my glucose test shows 105

I am taking this supplements
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/827550-post11.html
will test latter to see if they actually work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To lower SHBG
Proviron
GH
Avena Sativa Extract
Urtica dioica aka Stinging nettle
Muira Puama
Chrysin

I think higher levels of T & E also inhibits SHBG
=========
To make SHBG higher
Clomid
Nolvadex
============================================================================
There is a thread on this board (James something) talking about low SHBG

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
JansZ is the man, great adivse, echoing every thing I would have said.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you can always get liquid arimidex from the chem one guys, if your dr wont give it to you.

lets go with 1mg per week divided up.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
you can always get liquid arimidex from the chem one guys, if your dr wont give it to you.

lets go with 1mg per week divided up.
I don't know how he can find the dose of T that feels right when the E is probably messing things up. The Doctor's statement about E levels is totally insane. He will need to get E2 down to the 17-20 range and loosing fat with higher levels of E will not happen.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know how he can find the dose of T that feels right when the E is probably messing things up. The Doctor's statement about E levels is totally insane. He will need to get E2 down to the 17-20 range and loosing fat with higher levels of E will not happen.
Agree completely. We need to get that E down first, all the T in the world won't offset that.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
I would recomend you find someone who concurrently accepts your insurance AND knows what he is doing.

The simple answer to your question is "yes". There is so much nonsense in what you have written about his philosophy, it would take me half an hour of writing to cover it all.
Well, Doctor John, when are you going to start accepting my insurance ? :)

I have 3 months to go "at my discretion". I guess I will be doing a taper down. I appreciate the AI recommendations. I have that all squared away. Thanks.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Bow to BCBS, your new master!!

lol

The urologist is crazy and I wish I could find one like that.

"Here Bio, take this gallon of testosterone home and just see what happens." lol

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
So, what you are saying is, you want me to have a stress filled life and get no sleep at night?
On receipt for your services, are you providing ICD-9 codes and instructions on how to deal with personal health insurance?

From my experience, doctors that I see and some/many that I do not see, when they charge my insurance, it is often incorrect or incomplete information is provided. I am asked questions 6 months to sometime year and half latter. Mostly I do not have good answers, I am not educated enough in health insurance ways.

When large hospital or doctor's office cannot get it straight, there is a little chance there for regular Joe, other than cough up the cash.

OTOH, I do not blame you one bit for what you are doing, insurance way.

The system is screwed up, but please no social medicine, not in USA.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Actually, BC/BS pays for my beloved Rhein Consulting Laboratories 24 hour urine panel, so they are on my Good Guy list.
You can get all the lab work done but you need a clear and aggressive mind to understand and treat

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Actually, BC/BS pays for my beloved Rhein Consulting Laboratories 24 hour urine panel, so they are on my Good Guy list.
And UHC doesn't. They seem not to want to pay for much of anything. My out-of-network deductible is $2000 per year. And they only reimburse Labcorp. Superlame.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And UHC doesn't. They seem not to want to pay for much of anything. My out-of-network deductible is $2000 per year. And they only reimburse Labcorp. Superlame.
Non HMO, BCBS. I have a 1000 dollar a year deductable.

Do not sweat deductables. They are completely tax deductable(you get it all back).

I wonder how much GH would be?

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Non HMO, BCBS. I have a 1000 dollar a year deductable.

Do not sweat deductables. They are completely tax deductable(you get it all back).

I wonder how much GH would be?
My understanding is that deductibles and other expenses are only deductible if their total exceeds a certain amount per year. At best I would get about 25% back if I actually spent that much (I think it's $7000). You don't get it all back. Our government is not that generous. What I could do is have more money taken out for FSA next year and use that Visa to pay for stuff.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My understanding is that deductibles and other expenses are only deductible if their total exceeds a certain amount per year. At best I would get about 25% back if I actually spent that much (I think it's $7000). You don't get it all back. Our government is not that generous. What I could do is have more money taken out for FSA next year and use that Visa to pay for stuff.
You can claim deductables from years prior - so If you have to hit a set total, you can, it will just take time.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Back to the topic. I just got my DHT results in (his in-house lab doesn't do it, they sent it to labcorp). It was right at the top of the range. No surprise. What baffles me is that the urologist doesn't seem to care about DHT. I requested the DHT test, and his phlebotomist just submitted it.

I have been tapering down the dose. I've also been taking some Saw Palmetto and now I can pee more freely again. It was getting bad, almost painful.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Back to the topic. I just got my DHT results in (his in-house lab doesn't do it, they sent it to labcorp). It was right at the top of the range. No surprise. What baffles me is that the urologist doesn't seem to care about DHT. I requested the DHT test, and his phlebotomist just submitted it.

I have been tapering down the dose. I've also been taking some Saw Palmetto and now I can pee more freely again. It was getting bad, almost painful.
E2 is probably a greater risk that DHT. I found that reducing my E2=37-->22 improved urine flow significantly.

Your TRT should include PSA lab work and an annual DRE. Not doing that with TRT could be considered substandard medical care. Many Doctor's would want to be checking DHT and taking action if above normal, if only to not be in a sticky legal situation if you happen to get prostate cancer. In many cases, legal risks drive details of therapy.

EDIT:

If you are doing transdermal TRT, switching to injections might reduce your DHT levels.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
E2 is probably a greater risk that DHT. I found that reducing my E2=37-->22 improved urine flow significantly.

Your TRT should include PSA lab work and an annual DRE. Not doing that with TRT could be considered substandard medical care. Many Doctor's would want to be checking DHT and taking action if above normal, if only to not be in a sticky legal situation if you happen to get prostate cancer. In many cases, legal risks drive details of therapy.

EDIT:

If you are doing transdermal TRT, switching to injections might reduce your DHT levels.
Interesting.

Make sure your getting a good brand of Saw Palmetto. I like lef.org for this - http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00808.html

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

EDIT:

Would a 1/2 inch needle classifed as subQ or IM that is magic question diretly into thigh or shoulder

Ksman
4 weeks off anti E's due to improper blood testing results my e2 was 73 on 1/3 cc of sustenon every 3 rd day. I know scold me put I had some Test eth left and after being on 50mgs every 3 days for 3 weeks my testosterone came back to 332, e2 19, shbg 37 which told me it was fake . Since my Dr saw my blood tests where low he gave me told me to take 200 mgs shot of PRESCRIBED cyp to get things rolling then go 45 mgs every 3 day and we will restest in 5 weeks.. Knowing my e2 was high before of 73. Would it be advisbable to just run straight cyp without an AI or knowing that previouslty with elevated e2 . Right now I am having troiuble peeing which is telling me my e2 is going up again. I feel bloated and sever constipation

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Would a 1/2 inch needle classifed as subQ or IM that is magic question diretly into thigh or shoulder

Ksman
4 weeks off anti E's due to improper blood testing results my e2 was 73 on 1/3 cc of sustenon every 3 rd day. I know scold me put I had some Test eth left and after being on 50mgs every 3 days for 3 weeks my testosterone came back to 332, e2 19, shbg 37 which told me it was fake . Since my Dr saw my blood tests where low he gave me told me to take 200 mgs shot of PRESCRIBED cyp to get things rolling then go 45 mgs every 3 day and we will restest in 5 weeks.. Knowing my e2 was high before of 73. Would it be advisbable to just run straight cyp without an AI or knowing that previouslty with elevated e2 . Right now I am having troiuble peeing which is telling me my e2 is going up again. I feel bloated and sever constipation
If your thighs or shoulder are so fat that 1/2 inch is not hitting muscle you have bigger issues than just low T! :nono:

Most are fine with 1/2 inch.

Bloating is always a sign of high E, not low. Its probably one of the very select few signs of E problems that signals high E only(usually, all the other symtoms can be interchanged with to high or to low E).

The only other one off the top of my head that I can think of is very low cholesterol, which is usually low E exclusive. But that can come from other issues as well.

What to do is up to you. Ideally you want to run T injects 4 weeks to get an accurate measure of E levels without an AI. However thats a long time if your already feeling blah, you might wanna take action now.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established

Ksman
1/2" is fine for those with thin skin, but perhaps not deep enough for larger doses. .225ml should be fine. I would do outer top quad, aka vastus lateralis. Never the inner thigh, too many blood vessels and nerves there. And we have the TRT via SQ crowd as well. I have tried that for a while, off and on, and did not notice any problems for me.

It is hard to believe that you will not need some AI. I don't know how much you should take. But if you took a reasonable stab at a proper dose, then your next E lab work could be for a dose adjustment instead of a leap into the unknown. Meanwhile, the TRT might go better and some E issues might improve. If taking anastrozole, front load your dosing as the maintenance dose alone can take a week or more to achieve steady state serum levels. Take 1mg/day for the first two days, or the intended weekly amount, then begin the intended maintenance amount.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE: for the past 5 or 6 weeks, I've been injected QOD hcg and T-cyp "adjusting at my discretion" which my urologist allowed me to do. I've been feeling excellent with the following every other day:

40mg T
200iu hcg
0.25 anastrozole

I'm also using Dermacrine daily. I have to take Saw Palmetto otherwise my prostate seems to enlarge a bit (judging by urination issues).

Since getting on that, I've had the libido I want, energy to work out, alertness at work, and mentally feel great!

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE: for the past 5 or 6 weeks, I've been injected QOD hcg and T-cyp "adjusting at my discretion" which my urologist allowed me to do. I've been feeling excellent with the following every other day:

40mg T
200iu hcg
0.25 anastrozole

I'm also using Dermacrine daily. I have to take Saw Palmetto otherwise my prostate seems to enlarge a bit (judging by urination issues).

Since getting on that, I've had the libido I want, energy to work out, alertness at work, and mentally feel great!
I was steady on T+HCG. When I added anastrozole at 1mg/wk my E2=37-->22. With that change my urine flow improved. This is consistant with the fact that E2 is a primary cause of prostate inflamation. TRT is also known to increase prostate size, but that seems to be a one time change, not an on going process.

Research showed that 250iu HCG EOD maintained testicular function in young normal males who were PHTA shudown with 200mg/wk of test cyp. So that dose might be better for you.

If you use a 10,000 iu vial, that would last 80 days... pushing its life span. If a lower dose in that size it would last even longer.

You might profit from a bit more anastrozole, but if breaking up 1mg tablets, that is hard to do.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Pill splitter?

Glad to see everything working out for you.
I have two pill splitters, they do not really work.

I am using Liquidex.

0.5cc = 1/2 pill and so on, wery easy to do all kind of dosing.

dcguy4u

Awards
I want to know if you kept up. Did you have erectile issues before you went on HRT ?

40mg T
200iu hcg
0.25 anastrozole

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

40mg T
200iu hcg
0.25 anastrozole

Glad that you are feeling good.

0.25mg Anastrozole that is bit lower than a more usual dose of about 1 -1.5 pills /week

0.25*7/2=0.875

OTOH, you realize that Dermacrine contains AI
7,8 benzoflavone

probably providing the added AI, and DHEA and pregnenolone, so do not rock the boat, do not make changes.

Excellent combination, I will keep that in mind.

Does applying so much lotion bothers you or otherwise interfere with life style?
==================================
your T dose 40*7/2=140mg/week

What is your SHBG

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I want to know if you kept up. Did you have erectile issues before you went on HRT ?
If you prostrate is enlarging check
1. estrogen metabolism
2. adding in pregnenolone cream may help if ft is going to dht

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Followup:

Saw the urologist yesterday. Waiting to get a copy of my labs.
Been doing the following:
0.25mg Arimidex daily
Dermacrine: 4 pumps daily
DHEA: 25mg twice daily
Progesterone cream: 1mL daily
T Cyp .2mL every other day (that's 0.7mL per week, 140mg)
HCG 200 iu every other day

I'll fine tune these once I get my own copy of the labs:
Estradiol: 49.6 (0-56)
Total T: 1541 (270-1734)
Free T: 534 (400-600) (I was shocked, he said that was fine)
SHBG: 17 (13-71)

I told him based on research and reading that I feel my E2 should be more in the 20s. So, he now wants me to take 1mg Arimidex everyday, but keep everything else the same.

One thing that I'm going to see an endocrinologist about today is my HDL being in the high 20s. I am sure that is in part due to the TRT, but I think it should be higher.

BP is about 100-120 over 70-80, resting pulse 60.

I'm still working on my physical fitness over all. Down to about 18% BF (from about 23-24% a couple months ago), now 186# about a 10 pound drop. I think a lot of that has to do with diet.

I've been reading a lot about acid/base balance and I'm trying to eat a lot more spinach and high-potassium veggies daily.

Keeping plenty strong with the workouts and libido is sometimes more than I can handle, but sometimes I like that ;-)

Last edited:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Note that SHBG is very low.

We do not want this.

I would ditch oral DHEA all together and bump Derm to 10 pumps a day.

cut hcG to 250IU twice a week.

Drop T from 140mg to 100mg per week.

Watch E2 magically drop into correct zone. FT and TT are both to high. These will also correct themselves. SHBG should slightly go up. No need to increase arimidex.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Note that SHBG is very low.

We do not want this.

I would ditch oral DHEA all together and bump Derm to 10 pumps a day.

cut hcG to 250IU twice a week.

Drop T from 140mg to 100mg per week.

Watch E2 magically drop into correct zone. FT and TT are both to high. These will also correct themselves. SHBG should slightly go up. No need to increase arimidex.
I agree oral bioavailabitly of dhea is low transdermal is better.
Lowering t will bring e2 more into check and eventuall decrease armidex need. Your e2 is why to high for shbg and needs to be brought down to 20-25 range. Your probably eating up magnesium like its going out of style so I would add in ZMA to daily multiple vitamin supple,emtation. i found I have a magneisum defiecincy due to low e2 which is causing deficeincy in COMT enzyme that methyates estrogen metabolism reflected in the urine tests. Keeping bouncing back and forth from high to low esteogens can really put a strain on methyl groups and sam-e production, deplete magneisum levels.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
I agree oral bioavailabitly of dhea is low transdermal is better.
Lowering t will bring e2 more into check and eventuall decrease armidex need. Your e2 is why to high for shbg and needs to be brought down to 20-25 range. Your probably eating up magnesium like its going out of style so I would add in ZMA to daily multiple vitamin supple,emtation. i found I have a magneisum defiecincy due to low e2 which is causing deficeincy in COMT enzyme that methyates estrogen metabolism reflected in the urine tests. Keeping bouncing back and forth from high to low esteogens can really put a strain on methyl groups and sam-e production, deplete magneisum levels.
Forgot to list:

I take ZMA and Resveratrol every night before bed.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Forgot to list:

I take ZMA and Resveratrol every night before bed.
Good stuff.

Make sure you take em with fatty food - A couple slices of bacon, maybe left over steak/chicken and your fish oil + Vit E would be good here.

Noted benefit of all the good things that comes from eating protein before bed. :head:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff.

Make sure you take em with fatty food - A couple slices of bacon, maybe left over steak/chicken and your fish oil + Vit E would be good here.

Noted benefit of all the good things that comes from eating protein before bed. :head:
resrevatrol should be taken in morning I take all my vitamins with my food and fish oils. now adding in EPO as well to balance things out

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Got my labs over the phone:
TT 1541 (270-1734)
FT 534 (400-600)
E2 49.6 (0-56)
SHBG 17 (13-71)