Propecia.. Hair loss

speedpastu

Awards
I am on propecia, recently I took jungle warfare/ bam and experienced A LOT of hair loss.. most people don't experience any, I was wondering if propecia could have actualy increased my hair loss? Also if i shed hair on a cycle as easy as that would that mean that any cycle i do of anything especially something stonger will definitely cause hair loss for me as well? Thanks..

engival

Awards
  • Established
hmmm i think Propecia is really bad....

because doc shippen asked me if i have done Propecia (because of my age) and he said most of the young men he has at patients were either Steroids users or Propecia users.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
hmmm i think Propecia is really bad....

because doc shippen asked me if i have done Propecia (because of my age) and he said most of the young men he has at patients were either Steroids users or Propecia users.
I am a former finasteride user and I gotta tell ya, this just gets more and more scarey as it goes along.

Steroids are illegal, yet they will let a drug like this that causes even more damage on the shelf, for somthing as harmless as hairloss?

speedpastu

Awards
I am a former finasteride user and I gotta tell ya, this just gets more and more scarey as it goes along.

Steroids are illegal, yet they will let a drug like this that causes even more damage on the shelf, for somthing as harmless as hairloss?
what harm does propecia do on its own.. also does anyone have an answer for my question above.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
It induces hypogonadism. From what ive heard, a very difficult to treat form of hypogonadism, if it is treatable at all.

How it does this, I have no idea.

This is the wrong place to be asking about cycles, but as for hair loss, I know you can have a shed when you first start propecia, or even up to a year after starting. IMO hair loss is not worth the risk for such a nasty drug and you will probably get the same response from most here.

The problem with propecia too is that for most, the hypogonadism starts as soon as the propecia is stopped. Try and figure that one out.

bman

Awards
I started thinning in my 20's both grandparents were bald and my father is thin as well. I'm 33 and have been using propecia 1mg/ed for 4 yrs. I can definetly say it has increased volume and thickness in my hair. I have done a variety of cycles including jungle and bam and some stronger hormones, without shedding. Major sides have been increased gyno and fat around my waist (not cycle related) that I never had. All blood tests have been normal post cycle and sperm count is normal. Dutasteride is a good alternative.

speedpastu

Awards
yea i have been on propecia for over a year now and have definitely seen an improvement, i jsut wasnt sure if it was actually increasing my hairloss when i was on cycle? thanks guys.

rcarracedo

Awards
I've seen on other free forums pictures of the hair improvements with propecia. I've heard a lot mor good stories than bad ones. I heard of the sheds but I also here that it is temporary as well as the side effects.

I also heard it can cause gyno. I am prone to gyno as in my early twenties while doing sus for a long time I got it. I live with it for several years because it really was not noticible but evenually it was. My wife is from Mexico and she knows very good surgeons (cosmetic) ... good dentists and so forth. I know, a lot of people may say "Mexico, stay away" ... but the fact is that there are also rich people in Mexico (actors, singers, TV people) and good surgeons are needed. Anyway, I went there last year to remove the gyno at a fraction 20% of the cost here ... in addition he did some other minor things for me. Excelent work ... the scar is virtually unnoticible.

The way I figure is ... If I lose my hair to a point where I want FUT (hair transplants) ... Mexico ... I get gyno ... Mexico... F it!

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I am a former Propecia user and now on TRT. Back in 1997when it first came on the market for hairloss I ran to my dermitologist and requested it. I was 28 years old. I used it for a year and lost my hair anyway.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
I am a former Propecia user and now on TRT. Back in 1997when it first came on the market for hairloss I ran to my dermitologist and requested it. I was 28 years old. I used it for a year and lost my hair anyway.
How is the TRT going for you?