My test levels..

tonyjaafan

Awards
Hi all..

I had my blood levels from last February saved in my computer..So thought of posting them here:
Test levels 371..normal is 300-1100ng/dl.
FSH is 3.61mIU/ml.. normal is 1.4-18.1
LSH is 5.66mIU/ml
Prolactin is 8.64ng/ml
Estradiol is 26.07 pg/ml

I'll post up my current levels as well ..I got them testd today and to my surprise they were decent:afro:

Estradiol (E2) 50.9 normal 0-62pg/ml

FSH 3.8 (1.4-18.1 mIU/ml)

Free t4 18.9 (11.5-22.7)

Free T3 4.5 (3.5-6.5)

Sensitive TSH 2.68 Euthyroid 0.35-5.50micro IU/ml

LH 7.5 (1.-9.3 mIU/ml)

Prolactin 9.3 (2.1-17.1mg/ml)

Testesterone Serum 734 (300-1060 ng/dl)

HAEMOBLOGIN 17.2 (13.5-18)

CORTISOL 178.37 (24.61 ? 171.52 ng/ml)

Total Proteins 8.0 (6.0 ? 8.3)

URIC ACID 2.8 ( 3.5-7.2mg/dl)

SGPT 23.2 (3-45)

Albumin 4.7 (3.5 - 5.2 g/dL)

Globulin 3.3 (2.3 - 3.5)

A/G Ratio 1.4 (1-2)

Creatinine 1.08 (0.64 - 1.25 mg/dL)

Basically I see only Cortisol is high ? I've started taking Ashwagandha from today..will this help ?

Also was wondering If I could take some letrozole for a few days..to lower Estradiol a bit..I still have no to very little libido....
I took 50mg Clomid for the last 4days..but havn't taken any for the last two days due to a throat infection..Also on USN 17testoX and USN Tribulus (both trib. based products).

What should I do ..Little surprised to see my test levels up from earlier..and also the LH..FSH still low though ?

Thanks a lot for reading the longish post :whip:

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, your E2 is in the high end of the range and would mess up your libido and mood&energy for some.

I would not touch letro, it can work too well can easily push E2 to very low levels.
Anastrozole is better as its effects are self limiting. You will have to get some standalone E2 tests to check your levels after a month or so. You could aim for low 20's or 17-20 which is thought to be optimal for libido. Apart form the tests, you will feel that it is working for you. Libido changes can come in 10-14 days. Other changes can take 2 or 3 months to complete. Habits of thought may change and having a positive outlook during this malleable phase would be very helpful.

LEF has E2 tests (labcorp) for $35 for members.

Do you have much body fat or are you lean? This does matter as much of your E2 aromatization takes place in fat tissue.

Based on your E2 level, I don't think that 1mg/week of anastrozole will do the trick. Try 1.25 or 1.5. All starting doses are guesses to some degree. Adjustment for body weight make sense, as well as for %BF.

1mg/wk took my E2 from 37-->22. Now on 1.22mg/wk aiming for 17-20. My Doctor agreed with my math. My weight is 153 and BF=~15.

With your T levels, the AI may make a big difference. Getting E2 down reduces SHBG that then increases free T (TF). The lowered E2 should increase LH and TT. Less E2 will be competing with FT at the androgen receptors and the effectiveness of what T you have will be increased. You will find it easier to loose fat and that reduces T-->E aromatization.

tonyjaafan

Awards
Hi..
Thanks for the reply ..really appreciate it..:goodpost:

The thing is ..Im in India..we dont get Arimidex here.. :(
I could get clomid,nolvadex,letrozole..all OTC..but arimidex is not here :(

Im 6'0..78kgs and approx 20%BF i'd say..so not overly fat or lean anymore either..(was 72kgs wid ripped abs..but a bulk gone wrong..)

Could I do with letrozole? I'll get it re-tested soon if i have to..

thanks a lot for the help :)

edit: Im 23yrs old

Last edited:
KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Hi..
Thanks for the reply ..really appreciate it..:goodpost:

The thing is ..Im in India..we dont get Arimidex here.. :(
I could get clomid,nolvadex,letrozole..all OTC..but arimidex is not here :(

Im 6'0..78kgs and approx 20%BF i'd say..so not overly fat or lean anymore either..(was 72kgs wid ripped abs..but a bulk gone wrong..)

Could I do with letrozole? I'll get it re-tested soon if i have to..

thanks a lot for the help :)

edit: Im 23yrs old
You can use the letro, but there are stories of scant amounts driving E too low: http://www.steroid.com/Letrozole.php

With its long 1/2 life, you need to front load it to get the serum levels up. So you need more for the first few days.

tonyjaafan

Awards
Thanks a lot..I'm trying to find Arimidex as well..Google says its available here..but have been unsuccessful in the past.

What should I do about the Cortisol level ?
I don't even have a high stress job..:sick:

Thanks again

smc252

Awards
  • Established
If I am not mistaken, Letrozol is something like 93% effective at suppressing estradiol, compared to anastrazole (arimidex) which was 87% I belive... Those figures may be a bit off, but the difference, for sure, was not more then 10%.

So it is stronger, but not 100X or anything.. You could start low like 0.5mg per week and bump it up every 2 weeks, based on symptoms and/or bloodwork.

I am not sure on the legal end, but if you wanted to test some arimidex on your labrats, they have it at research chemical sites. I'd look into the local laws first though.

-Steve

tonyjaafan

Awards
Hi..
thx for the replies..

Just purchased letrozole..2.5mg tabs..Could I take 1tab rite now..so that should frontload it ..and then a week later .5mg or so ?
What should be my protocol :)
Also, what shouldI do about my Cortisol levels :sad:

Thanks a lot :)

aculpep

Awards
KSman,

Do you have any research to prove this? I was looking for just that as I have the same problem and would love to confirm that lowering my E2 will bring down my SHBG. I have a study showing that lowering E2 will bring up FreeT but didn't mention SHBG. It's hard waiting two weeks to see if it will work. I'm kinda curious why everyone recommends such low doses of arimidex also as the study I read showed .5mg arimidex a day cut E2 in half. For me half would be perfect. It was a 12 day study so maybe it wasn't long enough for the full affects. I'm doing .5 to bring it down faster then will cut back to probably .5 EOD. It's liquid so I hope it works as well as the prescription pill.

"Getting E2 down reduces SHBG"

Yes, your E2 is in the high end of the range and would mess up your libido and mood&energy for some.

I would not touch letro, it can work too well can easily push E2 to very low levels.
Anastrozole is better as its effects are self limiting. You will have to get some standalone E2 tests to check your levels after a month or so. You could aim for low 20's or 17-20 which is thought to be optimal for libido. Apart form the tests, you will feel that it is working for you. Libido changes can come in 10-14 days. Other changes can take 2 or 3 months to complete. Habits of thought may change and having a positive outlook during this malleable phase would be very helpful.

LEF has E2 tests (labcorp) for $35 for members.

Do you have much body fat or are you lean? This does matter as much of your E2 aromatization takes place in fat tissue.

Based on your E2 level, I don't think that 1mg/week of anastrozole will do the trick. Try 1.25 or 1.5. All starting doses are guesses to some degree. Adjustment for body weight make sense, as well as for %BF.

1mg/wk took my E2 from 37-->22. Now on 1.22mg/wk aiming for 17-20. My Doctor agreed with my math. My weight is 153 and BF=~15.

With your T levels, the AI may make a big difference. Getting E2 down reduces SHBG that then increases free T (TF). The lowered E2 should increase LH and TT. Less E2 will be competing with FT at the androgen receptors and the effectiveness of what T you have will be increased. You will find it easier to loose fat and that reduces T-->E aromatization.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
KSman,

Do you have any research to prove this? I was looking for just that as I have the same problem and would love to confirm that lowering my E2 will bring down my SHBG. I have a study showing that lowering E2 will bring up FreeT but didn't mention SHBG. It's hard waiting two weeks to see if it will work. I'm kinda curious why everyone recommends such low doses of arimidex also as the study I read showed .5mg arimidex a day cut E2 in half. For me half would be perfect. It was a 12 day study so maybe it wasn't long enough for the full affects. I'm doing .5 to bring it down faster then will cut back to probably .5 EOD. It's liquid so I hope it works as well as the prescription pill.

that has not been the case with me probably because my estrones or bad estrogen metabolites may be driving the shbg not the e2. If the lab would have ran the right test in the first place then i would not be anopther 2 months behind playing guessing games since the dr intreperted as being "low estrogen" but with high shbg .That made no sense at all.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
KSman,

The liquid worked very well for me and the results were in line with what my Doctor expected.

The mechanism of SHBG levels been driven by E2 levels is well known and understood. It is not cutting edge research, just basic understanding. You can take that to the bank. Just how SHBG falls when E2 is reduced is also going to be subject to individual variations.

With TRT, you need around 1mg/wk. What you read about needing .5 ED or EOD applies to guys on gear (around 500mg or more of test per week) where there is a need for more arimidex to compete with the higher pressure of T on the aromatase. It is a 'competitive' inhibitor. Also, in studies of normal young males not on gear or TRT, 1mg/day and 2mg/day did the same thing. That is the self limiting effect. At a certain point, more is simply a waste of money. The result is not dose-response linear. Some studies that you read are not looking at all at optimal or cost-effective dosing. Ignore what you see in a gear context.

Yes, front load by taking more for a few days, then get to the 1mg/wk range. Need 1.5mg/wk? Can't say without your age, height, weight, %BF. Starting dose is really an educated guess until followup blood work. 1mg/wk took me from E2=37-->22. Now on 1.22mg/wk aiming for 17-20. Most all should start on 1mg/wk.

MacDonnell

Awards
Did anyone happen to notice that not only his cortisol was on the high side, but his TSH was high as well. There are a good number of cutting edge docs now who believe that anything over 2.0 is suspect for hypothyroidism.

aculpep

Awards
I hope that's the case but now I'm kinda scared to even take it. Got freaked out last night so I'm going to stop taking most of the stuff I am trying. I woke up at 3am after working out last night, did two whole sets of light squats that almost exhausted me. I was really hot like I had a fever and couldnt cool off. I've never felt that way. My temp ended up being 96.2 so I'm thinking of having my aldosterone checked. So suffice it to say, I feel worse now than before I started self-diagnosing. :)

The liquid worked very well for me and the results were in line with what my Doctor expected.

The mechanism of SHBG levels been driven by E2 levels is well known and understood. It is not cutting edge research, just basic understanding. You can take that to the bank. Just how SHBG falls when E2 is reduced is also going to be subject to individual variations.

With TRT, you need around 1mg/wk. What you read about needing .5 ED or EOD applies to guys on gear (around 500mg or more of test per week) where there is a need for more arimidex to compete with the higher pressure of T on the aromatase. It is a 'competitive' inhibitor. Also, in studies of normal young males not on gear or TRT, 1mg/day and 2mg/day did the same thing. That is the self limiting effect. At a certain point, more is simply a waste of money. The result is not dose-response linear. Some studies that you read are not looking at all at optimal or cost-effective dosing. Ignore what you see in a gear context.

Yes, front load by taking more for a few days, then get to the 1mg/wk range. Need 1.5mg/wk? Can't say without your age, height, weight, %BF. Starting dose is really an educated guess until followup blood work. 1mg/wk took me from E2=37-->22. Now on 1.22mg/wk aiming for 17-20. Most all should start on 1mg/wk.

tonyjaafan

Awards

Thanks..
Im 23yrs old..approx 20% BF..79kgs..Took half a tab yesterday.. 1.25mg..Should I wait for 5-6days and then take 1.25mg again?

Thanks

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi all..

I had my blood levels from last February saved in my computer..So thought of posting them here:
Test levels 371..normal is 300-1100ng/dl.
FSH is 3.61mIU/ml.. normal is 1.4-18.1
LSH is 5.66mIU/ml
Prolactin is 8.64ng/ml
Estradiol is 26.07 pg/ml

I'll post up my current levels as well ..I got them testd today and to my surprise they were decent:afro:

Estradiol (E2) 50.9 normal 0-62pg/ml this test is most likely wrong

FSH 3.8 (1.4-18.1 mIU/ml)

Free t4 18.9 (11.5-22.7)

Free T3 4.5 (3.5-6.5)

Sensitive TSH 2.68 Euthyroid 0.35-5.50micro IU/ml

LH 7.5 (1.-9.3 mIU/ml)

Prolactin 9.3 (2.1-17.1mg/ml)

Testesterone Serum 734 (300-1060 ng/dl)

HAEMOBLOGIN 17.2 (13.5-18)

CORTISOL 178.37 (24.61 ? 171.52 ng/ml)

Total Proteins 8.0 (6.0 ? 8.3)

URIC ACID 2.8 ( 3.5-7.2mg/dl)

SGPT 23.2 (3-45)

Albumin 4.7 (3.5 - 5.2 g/dL)

Globulin 3.3 (2.3 - 3.5)

A/G Ratio 1.4 (1-2)

Creatinine 1.08 (0.64 - 1.25 mg/dL)

Basically I see only Cortisol is high ? I've started taking Ashwagandha from today..will this help ?

Also was wondering If I could take some letrozole for a few days..to lower Estradiol a bit..I still have no to very little libido....
I took 50mg Clomid for the last 4days..but havn't taken any for the last two days due to a throat infection..Also on USN 17testoX and USN Tribulus (both trib. based products).

What should I do ..Little surprised to see my test levels up from earlier..and also the LH..FSH still low though ?

Thanks a lot for reading the longish post :whip:
Your E2 test is most likely wrong.
It have to be "sensitive" or "ultra-sensitive"
Those tests usually have upper and lower ranges.
Yours have lower range zero.
You cannot approximate your E2 using bad test.

So you are not ready for Arimidex.
Instead of Arimidex you can get LiquiDex, easily accessible.
First get estrogens tested, you may end up on DIM, TMG, I3C, Brocoli extract, Resveratol, Chrysin instead

While getting the correct E2 test get other T's and E's.
Get SHBG
Get as many as you can from this short list

The names are as Quest Diagnostic uses them

Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Free
Estradiol, Fractionated, serum
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (is part of fractionated)
Estrone,serum (is part of fractionated
Estrogens, Total, Serum
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
Testosterone Total (included in T panel)
Testosterone Free(included in T panel)
Testosterone Bioavailable(included in T panel)
SHBG(included in T panel)
Albumin, serum(included in T panel)

additionally get

DHEAs
Pregnenolone
DHT
-----------------------------------------------------------

Free T3 4.5 (3.5-6.5)

Your FreeT3 islow

Get up to 3grains of Armour Thyroid
You are in India, disclosure, Armour is made from pigs, hopefully it will not bother you, it is medicine after all.
Learn how to monitor your body (temperature, puls) while on Armour
After you reach 3Grains
do a blood test month latter
You want your FreeT3=6.00 (adjust dose)

Free (T3) 4.5 pg/mL (3.5-6.5)

5.900 <--FT3 start of upper 20%
5.750 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
5.500 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
5.000 <--FT3 start of upper 50%
66.67 <--your current 4.5 puts you %% from the top =100-(4.5-3.5)/(6.5-3.5)*100

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Many symptoms are dismissed by patients and doctors as 'just getting old' and the problems are under-diagnosed.
I have first hand experience with being under-diagnosed, I was just saying..

One man might feel great with a TSH of 2, another at 3, and another man may feel like **** on a stick at 2 or 3. Hormones are a very individual, unstandard thing, which we all accept standards for.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks..
Im 23yrs old..approx 20% BF..79kgs..Took half a tab yesterday.. 1.25mg..Should I wait for 5-6days and then take 1.25mg again?

Thanks
1.0mg tablets?

That weekly dose seems like a good start. The half life is 36 hours. You should take at least twice a week. I take every other day which works well with my T+HCG EOD injections. If you take 1/2 a 1mg tab every 3 days, that would be 1.16mg/wk. Tablets can be a problem.

tonyjaafan

Awards
Hello,

They are 2.5mg tablets..
So I took 1.25g the other day as itook half a tab...

Will take like 1/4 tab this time..or I could look for 1mg tabs too! Since these 2.5mg tabs can mess up dosing I guess...

For how long should I take letrozole ? When would I see any difference ? Will get my blood done again in a month.Also I'm getting results for SHBG,DHT and Free Test tomorrow.So will post them here..

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Hello,

They are 2.5mg tablets..
So I took 1.25g the other day as itook half a tab...

Will take like 1/4 tab this time..or I could look for 1mg tabs too! Since these 2.5mg tabs can mess up dosing I guess...

For how long should I take letrozole ? When would I see any difference ? Will get my blood done again in a month.Also I'm getting results for SHBG,DHT and Free Test tomorrow.So will post them here..

It is quite unusual to use letro for TRT and I forgot about that detail from days ago. I was talking about arimidex and you were talking letro.... not good. As I stated before, letro can be too strong and is not self limiting in effect like arimidex. I think that you need to take 1/4 tab per week then test E2 levels in a month. If you were to dissolve some tabs into a known amount of water in a dropper bottle, your dosing could be flexible. You would have to shake the bottle before each dose. Count the drops per ml and dose in drops. I don't think that you will find anyone on TRT using letro who can share their dose-response experiences with you. And I gather that some on letro need very small amounts to get large depression of E2. So you will really need blood work to guide you and will need a method for consistent dosing. Read the drug profile again and note the 1/2 life. Weekly dosing may be too long. More frequent dosing with pieces of tablets may not be workable. Lquid letro is availble here at 2.5mg/ml.

tonyjaafan

Awards
Oh..
Just had 1/2 a tab again right now reading the half life..2days..so I had 1.25mg on Tuesday night and 1.25mg on Thursday night..
When should I get the bloods done again ? After 15days?

Thanks a lot again for the help ..everyone..:type:
:cheers:

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Oh..
Just had 1/2 a tab again right now reading the half life..2days..so I had 1.25mg on Tuesday night and 1.25mg on Thursday night..

Still sounds like way too much.

I would give it at least a month to let things reach an steady state. Yes, there will be a significant change in 15 days.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Oh..

Do not know when to test, but stop using it if your nigtly wood stops or you start having erection problems. You may be too low.

tonyjaafan

Awards
Should I continue to use Tribulus? Seeing LH is high..Its available very cheap over here in India..

Will get the blood done in 15days..Estradiol and total T :)