Why is high testosterone unhealthy?

Lawhammer

Lawhammer

Awards
Other than cholesterol and possible prostate issues (both of which can be controlled by medication), why is it viewed as unhealthy to increase testosterone beyond normal limits? Does anyone have any authoritative studies documenting that it is bad for you?

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I think increased blood pressure, insulin resistance, gynocomastia, lactation, thickening of the left aorta, etc come to mind. I do not have studies in front of my to back this up. I am cool at the level I am at.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I doubt they keep their levels as high as someone running a cycle.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
BTW, I meant no disrespect in my first response.

I think the old guy is on 200/week. I think people may think that they are ok, but are they really doing what is best for the long term? What type of tests are they getting done, how often and who is interpreting the results? I am sure they are not studying changes to the left aorta of the heart. I think many online clinics only care about the money.

I was on 115 mg/week and my new doctor wants my dosage to come down. A doctor that says that is concerned about my long term health.

I know you posted test, but let me tell you about some more healthy people. In another forum I participate in, maybe 1/4 of the members use trenbolone acetate regularly. For those who do not know, tren is made my taking cattle steroids pellets that are 5 times more anabolic & androgenic than testosterone, separating out the "good stuff "by soaking in some sort of gasoline additive, etc, etc then mixing with oil. The users have coughing fits (tren cought), urinate blood and they will tell you in all seriousness that they are healthy. Their lipid values are terrible but they do not believe that bad lipids cause problems.

I really like my testosterone and there are enough cattle where I live, but just the same, I am happy with being at the upper 1/3 to top of normal.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
pissing blood from trenbolone? that is REALLY bad. there is a bit of an issue going aruond as to whether the darkening of the urine caused by taking trenbolone is from kidney stress or simply the color of the exreted oxidized trenbolone molecule itself.

and it is my understanding (only explanation i have seen and confirmed) that "tren cough" is caused by an allergic reaction to the acetate ester...not the trenbolone molecule itself.

the gasoline addivated youre talking about is heet, its a methanol product used to dissolve the cattle pellets. its actually quite sanitary if done correctly.

If you read through our supplement section, it appears that "bad" lipid values are actually quite conducive to muscle building in an of itself. i suppose its a bit of a trade off.

that being said, i personally do not know of anyone (and i know quite a few people that could be examples) that has had any kind of health issue directly related to high dose testosterone use.

for HRT purposes...why go over the required dosage?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
First it's early and I just woke up but I'll try and shed some light:DLawhammer keep in mind that the body is the most sophisticated machine ever created. Everything does something for a reason. My guess is they ran blood on hundreds of men and saw the trend that Test in the system is between this range to this range. Your body regulates test for a lot of good reasons some stated above. Remember your body is always trying to reach a state of homeostasis so if your on HRT with levels that your body was not meant to have there will be a reaction. When supplementing anything that your body makes we want to work with it not against it or else it defeats the whole purpose.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Part of the issue is today's political and legal climate. Even if there was some valid reason to think that above range T levels were good for you, Doctors would not want to do this:

1 -State medical boards can take away their license.
2 -Insurance companies will refuse to deal with those doctors
3 -Political driven witch hunts.
4 -Some guy on higher T with an underlying health problem gets cancer, heart attack or stroke and they sue the Doctor.
5 -endless list

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Political issues aside.

In the ideal word we want to have ideal T levels that nature provides to healthy men.
What is it?
Current answer, it is a level that avarage healthy young man have?
What level average healthy young men have?

Do not know, this is best I can come up with:
--------------------------------------------------------
Quest Diagnostics
Testosterone Free (46.0-224.0)pg/mL
Testosterone Bioavailable (110.0-575.0)ng/dL

I think these levels should not create any legal trouble for my doctor.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Political issues aside.

In the ideal word we want to have ideal T levels that nature provides to healthy men.
What is it?
Current answer, it is a level that avarage healthy young man have?
What level average healthy young men have?

Do not know, this is best I can come up with:
Quest Diagnostics
Testosterone Free (46.0-224.0)pg/mL
Testosterone Bioavailable (110.0-575.0)ng/dL

I think these levels should not create any legal trouble for my doctor.
I am concerned that there are no health young men who get hormone tests [why would they?], therefore a weak statistical base.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quote From a Book

"Exogenous Hormones. Exogenous hormones come into the body from outside and can cause a world of problems.(Anabolic steroids, insulin, and the growth hormone injections described above, are examples of exogenous hormones.). The problems with exogenous hormones stem from the fact that your body cannot control them - it cannot make the hormone jump back into the needle or pill bottle. All your body can do to counteract the incoming hormone is decrease of shut-off internal (endogenous) production of that particular hormone. (These natual counterregulatory mechanisms are called feedback loops). If there is still too much hormone floating around after exogenous hormone is administered, it cannot precisely mimic the subtle ebb and flow of naturally produced hormones. The human body is exquisitely sensitive to hormonal fluctuations. As long as your body is in control, as with finely tuned control mechanisms; and you can upset your entire endocrine system, with potentially grave consequences.

If you take the hormone for a long enough period of time, then once you stop taking it, your body does not resume making the hormone. (Remember "use it or lose it?" - well, at this point you lost it.) When that happens, you are hooked for life on taking the hormone(a very profitable situation for the dealer of the steroids, growth hormone, etc.). Even if you do not completely lose the capacity to produce hormone, it takes a while to come back. And until it does, you suffer a shortage of that hormone, during which time all of the positive effects are reversed - just ask any ex-steroid user. As you can see, exogenous hormones are risky and have an effect opposite to Natural Hormonal Enhancement, by impairing, rather than enhancing, natural production of hormones.

Endogenous Hormones. These are the natural hormones produced by the body. Unless you have an endocrine infirmity(like diabetes, hypogonadism, Cushing's disease or Addison's disease), your hormones can never rise too high or fall too low because your body regulates hormones in the same way a thermostat regulates temperature - it allows fluctuations within a set range. You can naturally enhance endogenous hormones from "low-normal" to "high-normal," but never above normal. You influence endogenous hormones every day of your life."

Ok thats from a great book I own called "Natural Hormonal Enhancement" by Rob Faigin. It is an excellent book I have read it cover to cover many times. I have never actually followed his plan but follow a similar one. Its a great book anyway. That was a pain in the ass, I have to go find the book and find that specific page and type it all in!. I hope you guys enjoyed it!. Anyway I hope this is ok, it is just a quote and I did give credit to the author!.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am concerned that there are no health young men who get hormone tests [why would they?], therefore a weak statistical base.
Exactly my concern.
Do you have any idea how Quest is commong up with the ranges?

My guess, they keep running statistics of their results,
take some kind of average, slap +- error based on (STdev), and there you have it.

Their upper range still may be lower than young and healthy men have.
=========================================================================
We probably should worry about this whole set T+E

Estradiol, Free (0.3-0.9) pg/mL
Estradiol, Bioavailable (10-50) pg/mL

Testosterone Free (46.0-224.0) pg/mL
Testosterone Bioavailable (110.0-575.0) ng/dL

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I wonder the same thing, and .. are there politics involved with the range.

Exactly my concern.
Do you have any idea how Quest is commong up with the ranges?

My guess, they keep running statistics of their results,
take some kind of average, slap +- error based on (STdev), and there you have it.

Their upper range still may be lower than young and healthy men have.
=========================================================================
We probably should worry about this whole set T+E

Estradiol, Free (0.3-0.9) pg/mL
Estradiol, Bioavailable (10-50) pg/mL

Testosterone Free (46.0-224.0) pg/mL
Testosterone Bioavailable (110.0-575.0) ng/dL

MongolHahn

Awards

Many clinical trials - as part of the study - use a control group of healthy young males (sometimes several hundred, depending on the study) and obtain their hormone levels aas sampling for the testing process. Also the government itself funds studies to examine hormone levels in different age groups.

Statistical levels of hormones aren't derived only from people who come in for medical work-ups or specific problems - so it's not a "weak statistical base".

MongolHahn

Awards
Actually, I think that this would be a VG question for Dr C to weigh in on! I have heard from patients of his that he is "death on wheels" when it comes t having supra physciological levels of Test in the blood test results, so maybe he can inform us of the technical details of the problems with such levels?

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Statistical levels of hormones aren't derived only from people who come in for medical work-ups or specific problems - so it's not a "weak statistical base".
So explain why my family medical clinic uses a 122-534ng/dl total testosterone range... :blink:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
So explain why my family medical clinic uses a 122-534ng/dl total testosterone range... :blink:
Try as best as you can to get your tests done at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at quest.

Undone

Awards
Actually, I think that this would be a VG question for Dr C to weigh in on! I have heard from patients of his that he is "death on wheels" when it comes t having supra physciological levels of Test in the blood test results, so maybe he can inform us of the technical details of the problems with such levels?
Maybe this would be too ambiguous to answer, but given a "normal" TT range of 300-1100, what numbers would an average steroid user come in with? 1200, 2200, 3300?

Just how far outside the range would one need to be to even put you in the catagory? Probably hard to answer, but I would be real curious in the opinions of the people on this board.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe this would be too ambiguous to answer, but given a "normal" TT range of 300-1100, what numbers would an average steroid user come in with? 1200, 2200, 3300?

Just how far outside the range would one need to be to even put you in the catagory? Probably hard to answer, but I would be real curious in the opinions of the people on this board.
one user on this board was cruisiing on 350mgs of testosterone propionate a week and his total T came in at 3500ng/dl i believe.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established

200mg of Test C per week took me to almost 1400ng/dl! And I've known guys on cycles to run well over 1,000mg per week. I've since lowerd my T injections back down to 140 per week.

AAA

Awards
Other than cholesterol and possible prostate issues (both of which can be controlled by medication), why is it viewed as unhealthy to increase testosterone beyond normal limits? Does anyone have any authoritative studies documenting that it is bad for you?

High test will not cause prostate problems. If it would every 21 yo would have prostate issues. When was the last time you heard of a 21 yo having this type of a problem? On the other hand e will cause problems. Low t + high e= prostate problems.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if those guys in the video had any libido problems. And if not, then why the hell do most of the guys on TRT who frequent these forums, including me, complain about libido problems.
I think, and I will probly be corrected on this, is when your using really high amounts of testosterone, it simply overpowers the aromatase enzyme, theres not enough aromatase to convert a % of FT high enough to cause estrogen dominance, so they might have high E2 but there FT is off the charts. I am talking about 500mg+ T per week, when they go off it they might have lowered libido for a couple weeks but then there levels go backto normal before they can realise they had a problem.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I think, and I will probly be corrected on this, is when your using really high amounts of testosterone, it simply overpowers the aromatase enzyme, theres not enough aromatase to convert a % of FT high enough to cause estrogen dominance, so they might have high E2 but there FT is off the charts. I am talking about 500mg+ T per week, when they go off it they might have lowered libido for a couple weeks but then there levels go backto normal before they can realise they had a problem.
They take AIs to combat bloat, gyno and libido issues. Last thing that they want is "***** tits".

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
200mg of Test C per week took me to almost 1400ng/dl! And I've known guys on cycles to run well over 1,000mg per week. I've since lowerd my T injections back down to 140 per week.
Keep posted your TT, Bio-T and FreeT on that dose.

I started yesterday 130.7mg/week, subQ,
I will do it E3D so my individual dose is 28units on syringe
I use 29ga 1/2cc needle
but will switch to
3532041 Monoject Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 29 Gauge 3/10cc 1/2inch Needle 100/box $15.99
http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HOP&Product_Code=3532041&Product_Count=&Category_Code=
-------------
I use HCG 500iu at the time of T injection
so I have day for shots and two days free of shots in between. My testicles are not producing T.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I use 29ga 1/2cc needle
but will switch to
3532041 Monoject Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 29 Gauge 3/10cc 1/2inch Needle 100/box $15.99
[

Sam's and Walmart sell their Rely-on line. That now seems to be a rebranded Monojet. The boxes are not sealed, so they should be able to show you what they look like. the #29 .5" .5ml is $12.60 per 100.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I guess that this thread does not resolve the OP's question. We cannot directly use what we find from the body building population, as they use many different types of gear. We do not have the collective experience of any long term use of strickly using test esters that are used in TRT at high levels. So someone states that there is a concern for changes to heart tissue... was that from using clen or other stimulants, or from dostinex or other ergot derived drugs?

Would a TT of 1500 improve health? There is no data. But Doctor's are restricted to working within natural ranges for many reasons. I don't think that the OP's question can be answered.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
many steroid users "cruise" on testosterone year round, using doses either just below what is considered recreational, or well into the recreational range. i have yet to hear of any long term problems among these types of users besides, of course, shut down of endogenous tropic hormones.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
many steroid users "cruise" on testosterone year round, using doses either just below what is considered recreational, or well into the recreational range. i have yet to hear of any long term problems among these types of users besides, of course, shut down of endogenous tropic hormones.
The key words:
"as they use many different types of gear"

so there is no way to figure out what to expect from "clean" bioidentical testosterone use at slightly higher dose by watching bb's on steroids.