JesusReagan Blood Test Results

  1. New Member
    JesusReagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    58
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    114
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    22.88%

    JesusReagan Blood Test Results


    Hi Guys,

    I've been lurking for a week or so. Quick rundown:
    Age: 50
    Height: 6' 0"
    Weight: 258

    I'm having arthoscopic knee surgery next week to repair a torn meniscus in my right knee. When I initially went to the Dr. to get a referral to orthopedics, we both thought I should have blood run since I hadn't had bloodwork done for years, and hey, I'm 50. I asked him if he would check my testosterone. He, of course, asked why. Told him that I had significantly reduced libido over the past couple of years, and that I had put on significant weight, plus my energy level just wasn't that great. He said that he didn't think it was necessary, just age, but he would check it if I wanted. Here are the results: (testing done my Quest Labs).

    Sodium: 141 scale 135-147
    Potassium: 4.1 scale 3.5-5.2
    Chloride: 106 scale 98-110
    CO2: 26 scale 21-29
    Anion Gap: 9 scale 5-15
    BUN: 27 scale 8-25
    Creatine: 1.08 scale >60
    Glucose: 104 scale <100
    Calcium: 9.9 scale 8.2-10.5
    Albumin: 4.5 scale 3.4-4.8
    Protein, Total: 7.4 scale 6.7-8.7
    Bilirubin, Total: 0.4 scale 0.3-1.0
    Alkaline Phosphate: 50 scale 39-117
    ALT (SGPT): 19 scale 3-42
    AST (SGOT): 19 scale 0-43
    Cholesterol: 213 scale <200
    Triglycerides: 164 scale <150
    HDL Cholesterol: 41 scale >40
    LDL Cholesterol: 139 scale <100
    VLDL Cholesterol: 33 scale 7-35
    PSA Total: 1.02 scale 0-3.50
    Complete Blood Count:
    WBC: 6.3 scale 4.0-10.0
    RBC: 4.77 scale 4.5-6.0
    HGB: 43.9 scale 13-17
    HCT: 43.9 scale 39-52
    MCV: 92.2 scale 80-100
    MCH: 32.5 scale 26-34
    MCHC: 35.2 scale 32-36
    RDW: 12.5 scale 11-15
    Platelets: 263 scale 150-450
    MPV: 9.4 scale 6.7-10.8
    TESTOSTERONE
    Total Testosterone: 225 ng/dl scale 250-1100
    %Free Testosterone: 1.35 scale 0.9-2.5
    Free Testosterone: 30.4 pg/ml scale 35-155

    Once I got these results, the doc ordered another blood test for LH and, again, Total Testosterone. I know now I should have had him check Estradiol and FSH as well. I see him tomorrow for my pre-surgery physical, and will ask him to order those tests.

    From all that I have researched, I guess I'm lucky that this guy seems more than willing to write me a script for TRT. I have to find out more from him, but I don't think he is going to be on it like I need him to be. First off, he didn't order all the necessaries on the tests. Secondly, he and I got in a discussion about nutrition. Quick digression - I lifted and had my nutrition down for about 20 years. I put on good size at low bodyfat (no gear), up to about 235lbs. For a myriad of reasons, I let myself gradually slip into a sedentary lifestyle the last 10 years, putting on a lot of fat. I started lifting again March 1, and dialed in my diet, and have went from 281 lbs down to 258 lbs. The diet is 2600 cal/day, 55% carbs, 30% protein, 15% fats, the carbs are mainly from fibrous sources. I spike carbs every fourth day up to my BMR of 3100 cal. Ok, sorry about the digression, but I relate all that to get to my discussion with the doc. I told him about my nutrition plan, he said, and I quote, "You can't lose weight eating 2600 cal/day! Who ever heard of a 2600 cal/day diet? You should be eating about 1500 cal/day". I told him that I had already lost 23 lbs with this diet, and he said that my math must be wrong. I told him that even though I didn't go to medical school, I'm still ok with basic math. That pissed him off a bit. Thus, after looking at the tests he has ordered to date, and my discussion on nutrition with him, I don't think this is going to be the optimum guy to have running my TRT. I'll give him the chance, but I'm pessimistic.

    Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this opus ;-)

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusReagan View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I've been lurking for a week or so. Quick rundown:
    Age: 50
    Height: 6' 0"
    Weight: 258

    I'm having arthoscopic knee surgery next week to repair a torn meniscus in my right knee. When I initially went to the Dr. to get a referral to orthopedics, we both thought I should have blood run since I hadn't had bloodwork done for years, and hey, I'm 50. I asked him if he would check my testosterone. He, of course, asked why. Told him that I had significantly reduced libido over the past couple of years, and that I had put on significant weight, plus my energy level just wasn't that great. He said that he didn't think it was necessary, just age, but he would check it if I wanted. Here are the results: (testing done my Quest Labs).

    Sodium: 141 scale 135-147
    Potassium: 4.1 scale 3.5-5.2
    Chloride: 106 scale 98-110
    CO2: 26 scale 21-29
    Anion Gap: 9 scale 5-15
    BUN: 27 scale 8-25
    Creatine: 1.08 scale >60
    Glucose: 104 scale <100
    Calcium: 9.9 scale 8.2-10.5
    Albumin: 4.5 scale 3.4-4.8
    Protein, Total: 7.4 scale 6.7-8.7
    Bilirubin, Total: 0.4 scale 0.3-1.0
    Alkaline Phosphate: 50 scale 39-117
    ALT (SGPT): 19 scale 3-42
    AST (SGOT): 19 scale 0-43
    Cholesterol: 213 scale <200
    Triglycerides: 164 scale <150
    HDL Cholesterol: 41 scale >40
    LDL Cholesterol: 139 scale <100
    VLDL Cholesterol: 33 scale 7-35
    PSA Total: 1.02 scale 0-3.50
    Complete Blood Count:
    WBC: 6.3 scale 4.0-10.0
    RBC: 4.77 scale 4.5-6.0
    HGB: 43.9 scale 13-17
    HCT: 43.9 scale 39-52
    MCV: 92.2 scale 80-100
    MCH: 32.5 scale 26-34
    MCHC: 35.2 scale 32-36
    RDW: 12.5 scale 11-15
    Platelets: 263 scale 150-450
    MPV: 9.4 scale 6.7-10.8
    TESTOSTERONE
    Total Testosterone: 225 ng/dl scale 250-1100
    %Free Testosterone: 1.35 scale 0.9-2.5
    Free Testosterone: 30.4 pg/ml scale 35-155

    Once I got these results, the doc ordered another blood test for LH and, again, Total Testosterone. I know now I should have had him check Estradiol and FSH as well. I see him tomorrow for my pre-surgery physical, and will ask him to order those tests.

    From all that I have researched, I guess I'm lucky that this guy seems more than willing to write me a script for TRT. I have to find out more from him, but I don't think he is going to be on it like I need him to be. First off, he didn't order all the necessaries on the tests. Secondly, he and I got in a discussion about nutrition. Quick digression - I lifted and had my nutrition down for about 20 years. I put on good size at low bodyfat (no gear), up to about 235lbs. For a myriad of reasons, I let myself gradually slip into a sedentary lifestyle the last 10 years, putting on a lot of fat. I started lifting again March 1, and dialed in my diet, and have went from 281 lbs down to 258 lbs. The diet is 2600 cal/day, 55% carbs, 30% protein, 15% fats, the carbs are mainly from fibrous sources. I spike carbs every fourth day up to my BMR of 3100 cal. Ok, sorry about the digression, but I relate all that to get to my discussion with the doc. I told him about my nutrition plan, he said, and I quote, "You can't lose weight eating 2600 cal/day! Who ever heard of a 2600 cal/day diet? You should be eating about 1500 cal/day". I told him that I had already lost 23 lbs with this diet, and he said that my math must be wrong. I told him that even though I didn't go to medical school, I'm still ok with basic math. That pissed him off a bit. Thus, after looking at the tests he has ordered to date, and my discussion on nutrition with him, I don't think this is going to be the optimum guy to have running my TRT. I'll give him the chance, but I'm pessimistic.

    Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this opus ;-)
    Be nice to doctors, they write scripts that you need.
    If you see that doc have no clue about BBer's diet, change discussion to something else. Doctor who writes scripts when asked is important to keep.

    Since hi is going to write you another script for blood test at Quest ask him for this list:
    1 Copper, serum
    2 Ferritin
    3 Magnesium
    4 Selenium
    5 Sodium
    6 Zinc
    7 C-reactive protein CRP
    8 Fibrinogen
    9 Hematocrit
    10 Hemoglobin A1C
    11 Homocysteine, cardio
    12 Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
    13 T3 Free
    14 T4,Free
    15 Insuline, serum
    16 PSA, Total
    17 PSA, %, free
    18 IGF Binding protein-3
    19 IGF-1
    20 Aldosterone
    21 Cortisol AM
    22 Cortisol PM
    23 DHEA sulfate
    24 Prolactin
    25 FSH
    26 LH
    27 Progesterone
    28 Pregnenolone
    29 Estradiol, Bioavailable
    30 Estradiol, Free
    31 Estradiol, Fractionated, serum
    32 Estrogens, Total, Serum
    33 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
    34 Dihydrotestosterone DHT
  3. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.59%

    JanSz, his doctor does not know what to do with all of that info! And his in$urance may not either.

    J.R., you need a Doctor who will script TRT+AI+HCG when needed. I would start with TRT+HCG at the least and if you had an elevated startimng E level, >= 30pg/ml, then could also start with AI as well. After 6-8 weeks on TRT, get E2 tested and start or adjust AI. E2=17-20 is a good target for libido. Mid and higher normal range of E2 can be a real mess for many men on TRT.

    What is your situation with insurance? ...they cover transdermals but not injections??? ask them and tell them that you need to know your treatment options. Discuss Arimidex and HCG with them.

    At your age you do not want your testicles to shrivel up and you don't want a Doctor who does not care. Some Doctors will dismiss your concerns because they think that you are beyond the age for children or that your wife is. HCG is an important QOL consideration.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    JesusReagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    58
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    114
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    22.88%

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    JanSz, his doctor does not know what to do with all of that info! And his in$urance may not either.

    J.R., you need a Doctor who will script TRT+AI+HCG when needed. I would start with TRT+HCG at the least and if you had an elevated startimng E level, >= 30pg/ml, then could also start with AI as well. After 6-8 weeks on TRT, get E2 tested and start or adjust AI. E2=17-20 is a good target for libido. Mid and higher normal range of E2 can be a real mess for many men on TRT.

    What is your situation with insurance? ...they cover transdermals but not injections??? ask them and tell them that you need to know your treatment options. Discuss Arimidex and HCG with them.

    At your age you do not want your testicles to shrivel up and you don't want a Doctor who does not care. Some Doctors will dismiss your concerns because they think that you are beyond the age for children or that your wife is. HCG is an important QOL consideration.
    Hey, thanks to both you and JanZ for responding.

    I have pretty good insurance, I don't know (yet) about their stance on covering injections, HCG or Arimidex. I'll put my wife on that ;-) and, I'll see if he will ok the additional tests Jan suggested, if the insurance will cover it. If not, I will probably just pay for them myself.

    To fill in the picture a little bit - my libido is certainly greatly curtailed, but it's still there...wife and I are good for once a week, maybe twice, and I might do myself once a week or so. I haven't had any ED issues as of yet, but the quality of the erections isn't what I would like for sure. I have several other symptoms, too; stiff lower back, some lethargy and a tendency to become, well, not so much depressed as melancholy. More anxiety issues than before, to boot. Funny, though, I'm losing bodyfat and maintaining muscle mass pretty well, and my strength has been good, better than I expected it to be when I decided to start lifting again.
  5. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusReagan View Post
    Hey, thanks to both you and JanZ for responding.

    I have pretty good insurance, I don't know (yet) about their stance on covering injections, HCG or Arimidex. I'll put my wife on that ;-) and, I'll see if he will ok the additional tests Jan suggested, if the insurance will cover it. If not, I will probably just pay for them myself.

    To fill in the picture a little bit - my libido is certainly greatly curtailed, but it's still there...wife and I are good for once a week, maybe twice, and I might do myself once a week or so. I haven't had any ED issues as of yet, but the quality of the erections isn't what I would like for sure. I have several other symptoms, too; stiff lower back, some lethargy and a tendency to become, well, not so much depressed as melancholy. More anxiety issues than before, to boot. Funny, though, I'm losing bodyfat and maintaining muscle mass pretty well, and my strength has been good, better than I expected it to be when I decided to start lifting again.
    Metabolic syndrome, inuslin resistance, thyroid underactive (abnormal lipids redflags), estrogen imbalnces could be driveing inuslin up no brainer
    Lose weight, Examine diet probably Too many polyunsaturated fats and omega6:3 ratio is out of balance add in 2 tsp fish oils to counter balance this will lower triglcerides. cholesterol, LDL. Bottom line TOO MUCH INSULIN and its not being utilzed properly
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusReagan View Post
    Hey, thanks to both you and JanZ for responding.

    I have pretty good insurance, I don't know (yet) about their stance on covering injections, HCG or Arimidex. I'll put my wife on that ;-) and, I'll see if he will ok the additional tests Jan suggested, if the insurance will cover it. If not, I will probably just pay for them myself.

    To fill in the picture a little bit - my libido is certainly greatly curtailed, but it's still there...wife and I are good for once a week, maybe twice, and I might do myself once a week or so. I haven't had any ED issues as of yet, but the quality of the erections isn't what I would like for sure. I have several other symptoms, too; stiff lower back, some lethargy and a tendency to become, well, not so much depressed as melancholy. More anxiety issues than before, to boot. Funny, though, I'm losing bodyfat and maintaining muscle mass pretty well, and my strength has been good, better than I expected it to be when I decided to start lifting again.
    Good luck with your meniscus. If you like me you will do real well. I was dancing by end of the week. Thought I was a hero until another lady had her two knees done at the same time and walked stairs back home from hospital that evening.
    --------------
    Your anxiety, lethargy depression etc are most likely due to low T levels. Wait long enough and you will think that suicide is not that bad. My experience. Glad you are more informed than I was.

    ---------------
    Your current test show that you have low testosterone, but Quest have much better test (relatively recent) that I have put on your list;
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
    result of that test gives you better overal picture:
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
    Testosterone Total
    Testosterone Free
    Testosterone Bioavailable
    SHBG
    Albumin, serum
    ----------------
    Your aim is that you want either Free or BioAvailable to be at the top range, let the other be.
    After 3 years on Androgel and Tcreams I am inclining now to go with shots. There is lot of arguments either way.
    No mather what, you end up doing HGH shots if nothing else just to protect size of your balls. Additional T shot and you are done for two or three days. Do not use big needles and IM shots, go for tiny needle and subQ around navel, same as HCG.
    The price, you have to spend, time (couple minutes), drawing the cypionate into insuline syringe.

    We have to figure out contraption that would hold vertically syringe+vial until enough T is drawn, may be you can figure that one out.

    Price of Tcypionate or HCG Novarel is not going to break your walet.
    --------------------------------------
    Do not hurry with Test supplementation, wait for results of
    Prolactin
    LH
    FSH
    also wait for
    results of adrenals and thyroid.
    and there are all those estrogens
    --------------------------------------
    Your cholesterol should get better with proper T levels.
    Give it 6-9 months, if not you can try 600mg Red Yeast Rice supported with CoQ10
    --------------------------------------
    Glucose: 104 scale <100
    Wait for insuline result.
    I have a similar glucose and
    Insuline, serum =5micro IU/mL (<17)
    Started using per LEF recomendation
    MEGA SILYMARIN 900 MG 100 CAPS Item#00702
    ENHANCED CINNULIN PF W/GLUCOSE90 CAPS Item# 00967
    Waiting for next blood test to see if it works.
    --------------------------------------
    Read LEF.org "protocols" and else, lots of good info there.
    --------------------------------------
    Some data on syringes and dosing T
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1/2cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1/2cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 29 Gauge 1cc 1/2 inch Needle 100/Box Sale Price: $9.99
    Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 29 Gauge 1cc 1/2 inch Needle 100/Box
    BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1cc 1/2inch Needle 100/box Price: $24.99
    BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1cc 1/2inch Needle 100/box
    Syringe - 1cc 27gauge X 1/2", 200 Units / 1 unit Becton-Dickinson Our Price: $29.22
    Becton-Dickinson - Syringe - 1cc 27gauge X 1/2", 200 Units / 1 unit
    BD Pen Needle Original 29 Gauge 1/2inch 100/box Price: $25.99
    BD Pen Needle Original 29 Gauge 1/2inch 100/box
    BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2inch Needle 100/ box Price: $24.99
    BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2inch Needle 100/ box
    BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2Inch 100/Box Price: $23.50
    BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2Inch 100/Box
    250 HCG twice a week
    Integrative Management of Erectile Dysfunction
    Le Magazine, October 2005 - Case History: Integrative Management Of Erectile Dysfunction
    http://www.pfizer.com/pfizer/downloa...stosterone.pdf
    DepoŽ-Testosterone---200 mg/mL
    100mg/week=0.5mL/week
    E3D dose = 0.5/7*3=0.214mL=0.214cc=21marks on insuline syringe, '=0.21/3*7*200=98
    E2D dose = 0.5/7*2=0.143mL=0.143cc=14marks on insuline syringe, '=0.14/2*7*200=98

    Kendall Company - Monoject 1/2cc Ins Syringe - E 100 28gauge X 1/2", 100 Units / 1 unit
    ============================== ================
    I am not a doctor.
  7. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.59%

    All of those tests will be very costly. And after starting TRT and controlling estrogen and hopefully adding AI (arimidex/anastrozole), your body will change and that will alter the whole game. So the expensive lab work score card is then for the wrong game and the numbers of little use with the new body metabolism. I suggest dealing with T and thyroid issues, controlling E then waiting for the new body state to develop, then do more detailed tests after that. Then you know that the numbers apply to your changed and current state. The deeper lab work should be driven by symptoms to some degree. Insurance companies may want to see a suspected diagnostic problem to justify some expensive testing... thus the need for things to be symptom driven. My speculation.

    I think that it may take one year for many TRT changes to fully develop. And that mental/mood/attitude changes in response to AI may take 3 months. The time-line of symptoms and relief will have such time scales. So symptom driven testing or therapy may have protracted time lines as well. For many, there relationships with family and socially will also be changing/evolving. That also affects how we feel.
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    To keep insurance company happy and general paperwork in line, have diagnoses lined up.
    That is ICD-9 codes.
    My diagnoses are, first just numbers, then explanations of what they mean.
    All of these numbers are posted on my script for blood test.
    Individual numbers are posted on my scripts for:
    Testosterone
    HCG
    Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
    Armour Thyroid
    Cortef
    Cialis
    Arimidex
    Avodart (do not use it any more)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    257.2
    272.4
    601.9
    780.4
    780.79
    788.41
    253.3
    255.8
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
    257.2 Other testicular hypofunction 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 257.2 - Other Testicular Hypofunction
    272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 272.* - Disorders of lipoid metabolism
    601.9 Prostatitis unspecified 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 601.* - Inflammatory diseases of prostate
    780.4 Dizziness and giddiness 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.4 - Dizziness And Giddiness
    780.79 Other malaise and fatigue 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.79 - Other Malaise And Fatigue
    788.41 Urinary frequency 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 788.41 - Urinary Frequency
    253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
    255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands

    Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
    255 Disorders of adrenal glands
    For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
    255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands
    HGH and Insurance Coverage
    Dr. John 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM
    ICD-9 253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
    ============================== ===========

    There are people on different paths in life here.
    Some have more other less choices, it is not always money, more often it is mind set.
    Some people go for antiaging clinics, often they pay up to $10000 for very short blood test, expertise and script for Testosterone. They are also hooked up with HGH gravy train.

    I rather spend money on tests first, then see where I need support.

    I understand that extensive blood test may be expensive proposition, to the nation, when insurance company have to pay for it, and 90% of population would line up for those tests if they were free.
    I go for extensive blood test because that provides information which helps me figure out my difficulties.
    I do those tests once/year and much shorter tests in between.
    .
  9. New Member
    aculpep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    171
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    71.84%

    I have to agree with KSman here, I personally wouldn't go into my doctors office with a two page list of tests I demand to be done. Sounds like he's ok to me especially since he's willing to give TRT, that's a good sign. Based on those results he'll hopefully want to do more tests. I wouldn't think I'd be hard to convince him to run E2 and thyroid panel also since that is high on the priority list. I'd check the stickies and Dr. John's post as he lists the proper tests to run in the beginning and on follow ups. I know he said he doesn't do pregenenlone (or maybe it was progesterone ? don't quote me here) tests anymore I believe because they always come back high.

    Also, why does it matter if he agrees with your views on nutrition? I wouldn't never expect my doctor to understand bodybuilding nutrition and wouldnt care if he didn't since I'm not expecting him to be my nutritionist.

    And yeah, be nice to your doctor, he writes your scripts. Plus I think respect goes a long way and gets the same in return.

    I was surprised that the cost of TRT related meds are very cheap in comparison to most meds, imo. I don't use insurance at all except for labwork. hcg, pregnenlone cream, armour thyroid, compounded T cream or cypionate injectable all seem very cheap. And arimidex can be had from chem supply places very cheap also I just found out thanks to Plymouth.

    My doctor isn't an expert on dealing with men's issues but she is very open minded and willing to write scripts to let me try things which to me is the biggest hurdle in a doctor. Everything else I get from these guys on this board who have been a tremendous asset. This is the best place to be.


    Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    All of those tests will be very costly. And after starting TRT and controlling estrogen and hopefully adding AI (arimidex/anastrozole), your body will change and that will alter the whole game. So the expensive lab work score card is then for the wrong game and the numbers of little use with the new body metabolism. I suggest dealing with T and thyroid issues, controlling E then waiting for the new body state to develop, then do more detailed tests after that. Then you know that the numbers apply to your changed and current state. The deeper lab work should be driven by symptoms to some degree. Insurance companies may want to see a suspected diagnostic problem to justify some expensive testing... thus the need for things to be symptom driven. My speculation.

    I think that it may take one year for many TRT changes to fully develop. And that mental/mood/attitude changes in response to AI may take 3 months. The time-line of symptoms and relief will have such time scales. So symptom driven testing or therapy may have protracted time lines as well. For many, there relationships with family and socially will also be changing/evolving. That also affects how we feel.
  10. New Member
    aculpep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    171
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    71.84%

    JanSz, why do you need so many codes? My doctor did everything with 3 codes for insurance which covered all my symtoms. I was going to save the codes and post them but forgot to write them down since it was on the original lab requests.

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    To keep insurance company happy and general paperwork in line, have diagnoses lined up.
    That is ICD-9 codes.
    My diagnoses are, first just numbers, then explanations of what they mean.
    All of these numbers are posted on my script for blood test.
    Individual numbers are posted on my scripts for:
    Testosterone
    HCG
    Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
    Armour Thyroid
    Cortef
    Cialis
    Arimidex
    Avodart (do not use it any more)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    257.2
    272.4
    601.9
    780.4
    780.79
    788.41
    253.3
    255.8
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
    257.2 Other testicular hypofunction 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 257.2 - Other Testicular Hypofunction
    272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 272.* - Disorders of lipoid metabolism
    601.9 Prostatitis unspecified 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 601.* - Inflammatory diseases of prostate
    780.4 Dizziness and giddiness 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.4 - Dizziness And Giddiness
    780.79 Other malaise and fatigue 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.79 - Other Malaise And Fatigue
    788.41 Urinary frequency 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 788.41 - Urinary Frequency
    253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
    255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands

    Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
    255 Disorders of adrenal glands
    For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
    255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands
    HGH and Insurance Coverage
    Dr. John 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM
    ICD-9 253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
    ============================== ===========

    There are people on different paths in life here.
    Some have more other less choices, it is not always money, more often it is mind set.
    Some people go for antiaging clinics, often they pay up to $10000 for very short blood test, expertise and script for Testosterone. They are also hooked up with HGH gravy train.

    I rather spend money on tests first, then see where I need support.

    I understand that extensive blood test may be expensive proposition, to the nation, when insurance company have to pay for it, and 90% of population would line up for those tests if they were free.
    I go for extensive blood test because that provides information which helps me figure out my difficulties.
    I do those tests once/year and much shorter tests in between.
    .
  11. New Member
    JesusReagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    58
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    114
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    22.88%

    Also, why does it matter if he agrees with your views on nutrition? I wouldn't never expect my doctor to understand bodybuilding nutrition and wouldnt care if he didn't since I'm not expecting him to be my nutritionist.
    Well, it's not that I care if he understands nutrition. Just trying to indicate a mindset. I don't think he is going to know a lot about TRT either, and I don't think he's going to be all that flexible/open for my input. Again, I'm prejudging him for sure.

    Thanks for your input, Allen.
  12. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by aculpep View Post
    JanSz, why do you need so many codes? My doctor did everything with 3 codes for insurance which covered all my symtoms. I was going to save the codes and post them but forgot to write them down since it was on the original lab requests.
    Please post these three codes that yor doctor used.
  13. New Member
    JesusReagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    58
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    114
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    22.88%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Please post these three codes that yor doctor used.
    My doc used 257.2.
  14. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusReagan View Post
    My doc used 257.2.
    That is my first #.
  15. New Member
    JesusReagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    58
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    114
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    22.88%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    That is my first #.
    Well, that's one in the plus column for my doc then...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. got my pre cycle blood test results, ?'s
    By 2slow in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
  2. Blood Test Results Not Good.
    By GatorGrappler in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 03:34 PM
  3. o/t blood test results
    By snakebyte05 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:27 PM
  4. Some Blood Test Results
    By rebelhead in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:23 PM
  5. blood test result and why is my test so low?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in