For everyone who has had high E2
- 06-01-2007, 10:12 AM
- 06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
- 06-02-2007, 04:30 AM
What scale are you using with that 58 score?
06-02-2007, 11:18 AM
E2=58 really sounds like a disaster to many of us. There are many other related heath issues: insulin resistance, pre or frank diabetes, syndrome X aka metabolic disorder, high body fat, distribution patterns of body fat (apple or pear shaped), blood pressure, prostate inflammation (BPH), CV disease... Not all caused by E2, but high E2 can be part of the situation.
High E2 promotes fat, fat promotes conversion of T-->E2. High E2 increases SHBG production by the liver. The increased SHBG decreased free testosterone (FT). The higher E2 levels also act as a negative feedback signal that reduces LH production which reduces T production by the testes. See a patter here?
You libido is determined partly by absolute FT levels and strongly by FT:E or FT:FE ratios.
06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
i beleive that also esterone has high affinity for the prostrate as well and ALL estrogens in general can increase the shbg e1 included possible as well as the unmethylated metabolites or unbound estrogens floating around may lock into the receptors as well, but this still needs to be explored causing the same possible feed back loop in the hypothalalmus.
Similar Forum Threads
- By BifWebster in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
- By Inchamery in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 12-08-2007, 03:28 PM
- By tattoopierced1 in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM
- By Jayhawkk in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:37 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 02-17-2003, 12:33 AM