aculpep's Lab Work

aculpep

Awards
Just got back all my labs finally! Very interested in input, especially Dr. John and pmgamer18 advice on next step to take.

My doctor is great and open minded but she doesn't know a lot about treating men yet, especially E2.

My goal is to exhaust all possibilities before going on TRT.
I have my cbc also if needed. If I need to convert these let me know.

Labcorp
-------
SHBG 62 (13-71)
E2 46 (0-53)
LH 5.0 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 1.8 (1.4-18.1)
Prolactin 8.4 (2.1-17.7)
PSA 0.3
Total T 765 (241-827)
Free T 13.8 (8.7-25.1)
T4 Free 0.98 (0.61-1.76)
T3 Free (Triiodothyronine) 3.0 (2.3-4.2)
TSH 0.925 (0.35-5.5)
Cortisol Blood 8:30am 16.4
DHEA-S 316 (120-520)
DHT 120 (30-85)

My treatment plans are as follows:

Currently taking otc dhea 25mg, armour (generic) .5 just started week ago, melatonin.

My idea is to suggest following to Dr:
-----------------------------------
Pregnolone cream (bring dhea up and use as precursor)
Discontinue dhea pills if start pregnolone cream
HCG 250iu EOD (To try to bring up T naturally)
Continue Armour
Start Saw palmetto & Nettle (natures way "Prostol") DHT & E2
Start pygeum (natures way)

Will pregnolone cream help?
Should I go on arimidex for E2?
How long to try HCG and what else to try before going on T cream?

My hope is once I get E2 and DHT down and the armour starts working that I wont need T at all.
Oh, I am also type 1 diabetic so I will log what affect everything has on my blood sugars for others to know.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just got back all my labs finally! Very interested in input, especially Dr. John and pmgamer18 advice on next step to take.

My doctor is great and open minded but she doesn't know a lot about treating men yet, especially E2.

Labcorp
-------
SHBG 62 (13-71)
E2 46 (0-53)
LH 5.0 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 1.8 (1.4-18.1)
Prolactin 8.4 (2.1-17.7)
PSA 0.3
Total T 765 (241-827)
Free T 13.8 (8.7-25.1)
T4 Free 0.98 (0.61-1.76)
TSH 0.925 (0.35-5.5)
DHEA-S 316 (120-520)
DHT 120 (30-85)

Currently taking otc dhea 25mg, armour (generic) .5 just started week ago, melatonin.

Continue Armour

My hope is once I get E2 and DHT down and the armour starts working that I wont need T at all.
Oh, I am also type 1 diabetic so I will log what affect everything has on my blood sugars for others to know.

Gee, elevated SHBG and low freeT, who wouldv'e thunk it :stick:

Your bloodwork is similar to alot I see, you are estrogen dominant. High TT, low FT almost is always exclusive with high SHBG and E2.

Your LH is elevated, however, I think your body probably isn't hypogonadal all you need is something to lower SHBG and E2, and simultaneously raise DHEA and keep DHT in check.

You are in luck, I know just the thing. You need

Chrysin - lower SHBG and keep E2 in check
Pregnenolone - lower DHT and raise DHEA
DHEA
Resveratrol - lower E2

I know just the product, PM me.

aculpep

Awards
So you don't think I will need TRT or HCG?
I am putting together a list to give to my dr for what I need. I figure I will get the script for pregnolone cream and see if that raises my dhea before taking extra dhea. If I need more I'll have her add it in the compound cream. I much prefer that than pills, I dont absorb pills well.

Your bloodwork is similar to alot I see, you are estrogen dominant. High TT, low FT almost is always exclusive with high SHBG and E2.

Your LH is elevated, however, I think your body probably isn't hypogonadal all you need is something to lower SHBG and E2, and simultaneously raise DHEA and keep DHT in check.

DHEA
Resveratrol - lower E2

dcguy4u

Awards
What are your symptoms ? Do you have your bloodwork prior to you went on DHEA ? what was your Total T then ?

PlyMouth: Isn't it posible that DHEA he is taking is converting to T and hence his body is makin less T naturally. He might need HCG to wake up testes . Just a thought.

aculpep

Awards
I wasn't taking DHEA prior to the bloodwork. Free T has been the same for 2 years so nothing's changed much. DHEA is a precursor and has been shown to raise T not lower it. It just provides the building blocks to make your own T. LH being high gives some hint but I would have expected for the FSH to be high also.

Strength decrease, gaining weight, mild depression, especially more weepy so to speak. Hair just started turning grey, not sure if any relation. Zero libido, ED, very low motivation. Only gotten worse and worse past years but I kinda mucked through it. Hard to wake up in the morning.

What are your symptoms ? Do you have your bloodwork prior to you went on DHEA ? what was your Total T then ?

PlyMouth: Isn't it posible that DHEA he is taking is converting to T and hence his body is makin less T naturally. He might need HCG to wake up testes . Just a thought.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
sypmtoms ?
I agree you are estogen dominant and lower the shbg and lower e2 would probably be the simpliest solution to this Giving the body the raw building blocks would be the correct start with controling the e2 would pretty much remedy the problem. Hcg I do not think would be needed because that would only push aromatase higher and right now that is not what you need

to control aromatase
vitamin C 1000 x 3 times a day
zinc 80 mgs total or just add ZMA along with multivitamin 2 mgs copper
looose some body fat proper lifestyle and sleep patterns can alter body patterns
reservatrol 100 mgs

controls estrogen metabolism

calcium d glucurate 200-500 mgs - flushes out estrogens
1 tsp fish oils
tmg 1000 mgs BID or sam-e 200-400 BID

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
---------------------------------------
You are low here.
3.820 <--FT3 start of upper 20%
3.725 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
3.567 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
3.250 <--FT3 start of upper 50%

aculpep

Awards
Yeah I'm in my 2nd week of .5 armour (generic) but haven't felt any better on it yet. Wondering how long it takes to kick in.

The reason I contemplated using HCG was my gonads most of the time are pulled up tight. I thought that meant that I wasn't producing much T but not sure what it means.

With an E2 of >50 won't that take something stronger like arimitaze to bring it down?

---------------------------------------
You are low here.
3.820 <--FT3 start of upper 20%
3.725 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
3.567 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
3.250 <--FT3 start of upper 50%

aculpep

Awards
I read that Dr. Shippen likes to see Prolactin at ~3 and mine is at 8.4. What will bringing this down do for me?

Prolactin 8.4 (2.1-17.7)

DHEA
Resveratrol - lower E2

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I read that Dr. Shippen likes to see Prolactin at ~3 and mine is at 8.4. What will bringing this down do for me?

Prolactin 8.4 (2.1-17.7)
Melatonin lowers prolactin beleive it or not ..Need to find the article research but remember reading in .nutrution.gov data base

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wasn't taking DHEA prior to the bloodwork. Free T has been the same for 2 years so nothing's changed much. DHEA is a precursor and has been shown to raise T not lower it. It just provides the building blocks to make your own T. LH being high gives some hint but I would have expected for the FSH to be high also.

Strength decrease, gaining weight, mild depression, especially more weepy so to speak. Hair just started turning grey, not sure if any relation. Zero libido, ED, very low motivation. Only gotten worse and worse past years but I kinda mucked through it. Hard to wake up in the morning.
All symptoms of being estrogen dominant. Check your PM, I think going on HRT would be a last resort.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Prolactin 8.4 (2.1-17.7)
Prolactin can block response from LH, that may be why it is higher.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Ok here is my take on this first you don't need TRT or HCG your levels are good. Your SHBG is to high with your estradiol. Getting this down with some Arimidex .25mgs every 2 to 3 days should take care of this. I know what Shippen says in his book about Prolactin but the book is dated.
http://www.dpcweb.com/documents/news&views/spring00/techreports/zb170-b.pdf

Free T3 and T4 are below mid range stay on the armour and up the dose every 2 weeks by 15 mgs. But do chart your Temps so you know how your doing.
http://www.drrind.com/tempgraph.asp#directions

DHEA looks ok can be a little higher but taking this can drive up E2.

DHT not high enough to be a problem.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm

Labcorp
-------
SHBG 62 (13-71)
E2 46 (0-53)
LH 5.0 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 1.8 (1.4-18.1)
Prolactin 8.4 (2.1-17.7)
PSA 0.3
Total T 765 (241-827)
Free T 13.8 (8.7-25.1)
T4 Free 0.98 (0.61-1.76)
TSH 0.925 (0.35-5.5)
DHEA-S 316 (120-520)
DHT 120 (30-85)

Continue Armour

aculpep

Awards
Yeah I was wondering whether to add DHEA to my compound cream in the beginning since I understand Pregnenolone raises it also. I'm not that low so I think I'm going to just start with Preg cream and add in other stuff later after I see what affect it has.

Now in regards to DHT I'm a little confused... It's pretty high, even off the labcorp reference range. My theory from my research so far is that my DHT is probably high to protect from higher E2 levels. But high DHT lowers T levels. SO will lowering my E2 result in lower DHT and thus higher Free T levels? If not should I not try to lower my DHT since it lowers my T levels?

Right now other than herbal stuff I am at the conslusion to only use Preg cream. Open to input to the contrary. DHEA I don't think I need yet since Preg will raise it. Chrysin I will look at adding maybe to raise Free T later but don't want to start off with too many things in the pot. Armour is a definite but I'm going to switch to brand name since it's only like $2 more at samsclub vs generic.
I'm kinda scared of the Arimidex due to, price, trying to get it covered by insurance, and driving my E2 too low. Should I wait and see what the herbals and Preg do first?
And is my understanding that my Total T means I'm really making enough T but since Free T is low it's getting bound to too many things resulting in not enough available for use where it's needed? That's good news if I don't need TRT although I want the benefit of getting my muscle and strength back!

Now, how much Pregnenolone cream? 25mg?

"DHT can actually be used to treat benign
prostate hypertrophy (BPH)!"

As I started to explain before, DHT is a strong androgen that will signal the pituitary to decrease the production of gonadotropins. The decrease in gonadotropins will then cause less testosterone to be produced which will in turn cause the estrogen levels to drop. The resulting change in the hormonal milieu (high DHT, low estrogen) then apparently results in a regression of BPH. The clinical application of this theory is discussed in US patent 5,648,350 Dihydrotestosterone for use in androgenotherapy.

The following two paragraphs taken from the patent study illustrates the results:

In 27 subjects in which the plasma DHT level was controlled, so as to modulate the administered doses, said levels have been increased to 2.5 to 6 ng/ml. There resulted a decrease in gonadotrophy as well as in the plasma levels of testosterone which exceeded at least 1.5 ng/ ml (from 0.5 to 1.4 according to the case); as to the estradiol plasma levels, these decreased by 50% .

Ok here is my take on this first you don't need TRT or HCG your levels are good. Your SHBG is to high with your estradiol. Getting this down with some Arimidex .25mgs every 2 to 3 days should take care of this. I know what Shippen says in his book about Prolactin but the book is dated.
http://www.dpcweb.com/documents/news&views/spring00/techreports/zb170-b.pdf

Free T3 and T4 are below mid range stay on the armour and up the dose every 2 weeks by 15 mgs. But do chart your Temps so you know how your doing.
http://www.drrind.com/tempgraph.asp#directions

DHEA looks ok can be a little higher but taking this can drive up E2.

DHT not high enough to be a problem.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey JanSz,

pmgamer18 said you take Pregnenolone cream? I am trying to figure out how much to start out with. Can I ask how much you take?

Thanks!
I take pregnenolone cream made by
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
one needs prescription for that cream but I think it is worth it since one knows that he gets the real thing.
It is 100mg/1gram and I take 1gram/day.
Unfortunately on my last blood test Quest screwed and skipped pregnenolone levels.
I sugest that you ask doctor to write prescription for
100mg/1gram, 2grams daily, 12 refills
You will end up with
1. more cream
2. easier to use packaging (more important), they packge for a month supply. 30gram vial is not convenient to use, 60gram vial is easier to use.
Eventually your blood tests will tell you how much to actually use. I have this understanding with my doc, works better for me.
You will save on shipping if you reorder more than one month supply.

For your information, they can make creams with
DHEA, pregnenolone, testosterone, chrysin.
When I asked them last time they could make a one cream that would have in one gram:
DHEA-50mg
Pregnenolone-50mg
Testosterone-50mg
Chrysin-50mg
======================================
Looking at your blood test I would say that
SHBG is high, think Chrysin cream or similar
E2 is most likely high but your test is suspect
Prolactin is little high but not a first pririty
Testosterone nice, lucky bastard
I already comented on low FreeT3, in my case, having Cortisol levels similar to yours I ramped up Armour quickly (up to 4 grains within a month) but all the time backed up with 2x5grams of Cortef. After I reached 4grains I withdrew Cortef. Eventually settled for 3 grains. Suggest that you do test after you reach 3grains (assuming you wont have problems in between).
DHEA could be higher, but do not use DHEA supplements. Try and see how you do after pregnrnolone cream, 1gram/day.

Try to do more testing, at Quest if possible.
Good luck.

aculpep

Awards
JanSz,

Does this look right? Called compounding pharmacy and they have Chrysin so adding that. He can add Resveratol but have to order and little pricier so going to do pills for now.
I might have a hard time convincing her of Cortef since my cortisol is at 16. Not sure how that reacts with Diabetes also, normally corticosteroids is contraindicated with diabetes due to it affecting glucose control.

Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
Chrysin 50mg/1gram

2grams per day?

OR

Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
Chrysin 25mg/1gram

2grams a day

I take pregnenolone cream made by
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
one needs prescription for that cream but I think it is worth it since one knows that he gets the real thing.
It is 100mg/1gram and I take 1gram/day.
Unfortunately on my last blood test Quest screwed and skipped pregnenolone levels.
You will end up with
1. more cream
2. easier to use packaging (more important), they packge for a month supply. 30gram vial is not convenient to use, 60gram vial is easier to use.
Eventually your blood tests will tell you how much to actually use. I have this understanding with my doc, works better for me.

For your information, they can make creams with
DHEA, pregnenolone, testosterone, chrysin.
When I asked them last time they could make a one cream that would have in one gram:
DHEA-50mg
Pregnenolone-50mg
Testosterone-50mg
Chrysin-50mg
======================================
Looking at your blood test I would say that
SHBG is high, think Chrysin cream or similar
E2 is most likely high but your test is suspect
Prolactin is little high but not a first pririty
Testosterone nice, lucky bastard
I already comented on low FreeT3, in my case, having Cortisol levels similar to yours I ramped up Armour quickly (up to 4 grains within a month) but all the time backed up with 2x5grams of Cortef. After I reached 4grains I withdrew Cortef. Eventually settled for 3 grains. Suggest that you do test after you reach 3grains (assuming you wont have problems in between).
DHEA could be higher, but do not use DHEA supplements. Try and see how you do after pregnrnolone cream, 1gram/day.

Try to do more testing, at Quest if possible.
Good luck.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Dont mess with your DHT take my word for this it is over the top of the range but not a big problem unless it 2 to 3 x's over you start messing with it and get it to come down and you can lose your libido or make it worse. If your not going to try Arimidex then get this Indolplex/DIM I have used this and told many men to try it just got a post from a Matt that he got his wood back taking this.
http://www.ritecare.com/prodsheets/PHY-15336.html
Start with one tablet at dinner time in a week you should have some dam strong morning wood this means you have your E2 in the zone. Keep taking this but if your wood stops your going to low with your E2 so stop until it comes back that go back on it but cut the tablet in half. Here is a link to Matt's thread go and read it.
Yeah I was wondering whether to add DHEA to my compound cream in the beginning since I understand Pregnenolone raises it also. I'm not that low so I think I'm going to just start with Preg cream and add in other stuff later after I see what affect it has.

Now in regards to DHT I'm a little confused... It's pretty high, even off the labcorp reference range. My theory from my research so far is that my DHT is probably high to protect from higher E2 levels. But high DHT lowers T levels. SO will lowering my E2 result in lower DHT and thus higher Free T levels? If not should I not try to lower my DHT since it lowers my T levels?

Right now other than herbal stuff I am at the conslusion to only use Preg cream. Open to input to the contrary. DHEA I don't think I need yet since Preg will raise it. Chrysin I will look at adding maybe to raise Free T later but don't want to start off with too many things in the pot. Armour is a definite but I'm going to switch to brand name since it's only like $2 more at samsclub vs generic.
I'm kinda scared of the Arimidex due to, price, trying to get it covered by insurance, and driving my E2 too low. Should I wait and see what the herbals and Preg do first?
And is my understanding that my Total T means I'm really making enough T but since Free T is low it's getting bound to too many things resulting in not enough available for use where it's needed? That's good news if I don't need TRT although I want the benefit of getting my muscle and strength back!

Now, how much Pregnenolone cream? 25mg?

"DHT can actually be used to treat benign
prostate hypertrophy (BPH)!"

As I started to explain before, DHT is a strong androgen that will signal the pituitary to decrease the production of gonadotropins. The decrease in gonadotropins will then cause less testosterone to be produced which will in turn cause the estrogen levels to drop. The resulting change in the hormonal milieu (high DHT, low estrogen) then apparently results in a regression of BPH. The clinical application of this theory is discussed in US patent 5,648,350 Dihydrotestosterone for use in androgenotherapy.

The following two paragraphs taken from the patent study illustrates the results:

In 27 subjects in which the plasma DHT level was controlled, so as to modulate the administered doses, said levels have been increased to 2.5 to 6 ng/ml. There resulted a decrease in gonadotrophy as well as in the plasma levels of testosterone which exceeded at least 1.5 ng/ ml (from 0.5 to 1.4 according to the case); as to the estradiol plasma levels, these decreased by 50% .

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,

Does this look right? Called compounding pharmacy and they have Chrysin so adding that. He can add Resveratol but have to order and little pricier so going to do pills for now.
I might have a hard time convincing her of Cortef since my cortisol is at 16. Not sure how that reacts with Diabetes also, normally corticosteroids is contraindicated with diabetes due to it affecting glucose control.

Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
Chrysin 50mg/1gram

2grams per day?

OR

Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
Chrysin 25mg/1gram

2grams a day
Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
Chrysin 50mg/1gram

2grams per day?
=============
Not sure what to advice you.
Best, decide on something, test 4-6 weeks latter, go from there.

Check about Resveratol.
Last time I talked to them, they did not have it.
Talked to another pharmacy, no problem.
How do you get the resveratol, ... get pills, open it, put in the cream.
What about all the inerts that are in pills that will be messing absorbtion........ no clue, jaw fall off.
Check with WIntPharmacy how they get the resveratol, its purity, if it sounds good I will take it myself.
=================================
I use Tcream and pregnenolone cream only on my calfs, because I handle infant grandson.
With 3 grams I am running out of skin.
Wonder if I need te same precautions with the other???
DHES--yes, be careful
Chrysin---not sure
Resveratol-- not sure

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
Chrysin 50mg/1gram

2grams per day?
=============

Check about Resveratol.
What about all the inerts that are in pills that will be messing absorbtion........ no clue, jaw fall off.
Check with WIntPharmacy how they get the resveratol, its purity, if it sounds good I will take it myself.
I use Tcream and pregnenolone cream only on my calfs, because I handle infant grandson.
DHES--yes, be careful
Chrysin---not sure
Resveratol-- not sure

You can't crush pills and put into cream, substances need to be chemically done in lab, might have something to do with molecular weight and purity ;)

Resveratrol's anti estrogen properties looks to be not panning out as well as expected, might not be worth the cost. People on 100mg worth of resveratrol cream not seeing much anti aromatase activity on bloodwork. Complete saturation occurs at nearly 300mg of resveratrol, this may be to much cream and to costly and not worth it. Resveratrols anti inflammatory and cancer fighting properties are gold, but might not be cost worthy.

I think Chrysin + Preg and be done with it. Preg will lower DHT and raise steroid hormones, including DHEA and T. Chrysin will lower SHBG and E. Possibly could stack ZMA and DIM with it.

I have been on DIM for 3 days and have noticed an effect already, feeling more T like and less E like, not placebo because I didnt expect much.

aculpep

Awards
Ok now I understand. :) The packaging part threw me off. Script is for 2grams a day but I only take one. Got it. So equals Preg 100mg and Chrysin 50mg total.

You will end up with
1. more cream

Pregnenolone 100mg/1gram
Chrysin 50mg/1gram

2grams per day?
=============

Check about Resveratol.
DHES--yes, be careful
Chrysin---not sure
Resveratol-- not sure

aculpep

Awards
Sounds good to me, I'm going to do the Preg, Chrysin, DIM, nature's way stuff, armour, and melatonin and see where that gets me. I'll post updates when I get them.

Can you post Matt's link when you get a chance?

Thanks

Dont mess with your DHT take my word for this it is over the top of the range but not a big problem unless it 2 to 3 x's over you start messing with it and get it to come down and you can lose your libido or make it worse. If your not going to try Arimidex then get this Indolplex/DIM I have used this and told many men to try it just got a post from a Matt that he got his wood back taking this.
Start with one tablet at dinner time in a week you should have some dam strong morning wood this means you have your E2 in the zone. Keep taking this but if your wood stops your going to low with your E2 so stop until it comes back that go back on it but cut the tablet in half. Here is a link to Matt's thread go and read it.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

if you boners stop try adding TMG because your are probably an undermethylator like 50-60% of the population. or just start TMG with the DIM and it may keep you going with out causing your wood to drop. i am convinced its not the drop in e2 but inability to metabolize estrogen causing back loggin in the liver..

aculpep

Awards
Anyone know how long armour takes to start working? I've been on .5 grains for 2 weeks and I've only gotten worse. All I did mostly last week was come home and lay on the couch and go to sleep I was so tired. I felt better before the armour it seemed. I'm starting to consider just going on TRT. My depression has only gotten worse too. My cortisol was ok so would cortef help at all with a morning cortisol of 16? I started pregnenlone cream but only a few days now. I thought I'd be feeling better by now not worse.

aculpep

Awards
Update:

Well the thyroid doesn't seem to be doing anything, I've actually gotten worse and felt way more tired while on just .5 grains. I stopped it and I felt better since then and temp was 98.2 the other day.

Tried cortef while on it one day (5mg) but didnt do much for fatigue. Luckily everything is so cheap I don't mind trying stuff.

Pregnenlone cream after first day doesn't seem to help much either.

Next step I'm going to ask my Dr. to let me try arimidex .5mg ED. I think until I get my E2 down (currently 46) nothing is going to make much difference. Doesn't seem to anyway. If that doesn't work I'm going on T.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Update:

Well the thyroid doesn't seem to be doing anything, I've actually gotten worse and felt way more tired while on just .5 grains. I stopped it and I felt better since then and temp was 98.2 the other day.

Tried cortef while on it one day (5mg) but didnt do much for fatigue. Luckily everything is so cheap I don't mind trying stuff.

Next step I'm going to ask my Dr. to let me try arimidex .5mg ED. I think until I get my E2 down (currently 46) nothing is going to make much difference. Doesn't seem to anyway. If that doesn't work I'm going on T.
My e2 is at 73 so you got me beat HAHAHA

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
No arimidex? That's stuff's expensive though.
quest did wrong test and Dr assumed it was low so we stopped armidex and DIM and then all the fun started in about 4-5 days all high e2 came back. 3 weeks later blood test should e2 at 73.

aculpep

Awards
Is it liquid? I have a hard time believing they can sell what normally goes for $9 a tablet so cheap. But they are bulk before middle man so guess that's why. I'm ordering mine now. :)

Undone

Awards
Update:

There is a lot of great advice and opinions here, but let me add my $.02 because my symptoms and my situation was somewhat similar to yours.

I wanted to correct my situation as quickly as I could but with as little medication as I could. I tried supplements to bring down my E2 (chrysin, dim, chrysin & dim, etc.). They did nothing for me. Use Arimidex. It works. Skip all the other stuff and see if lowering the E2 helps. 3.5mg per week (.5mg ED) seems high. Most people start off at .5mg twice a week for a total of 1mg a week. That's what I take.

I also take 1gr of Armour thyroid per day. I felt a noticeable improvement in a week and it has gotten even better since then.

Now that I feel halfway normal, I can try adding one more thing at a time and accurately assess the improvement or lack there of, for the last thing I tried. If you start trying to correct your situation by throwing a couple of scripted meds and a handful of supplements, you can't tell what works and what doesn't.

Regarding feeling better of thyroid med, you should have felt it by now. Either that or the dose is too low.

My numbers and symptoms were strikingly similar to yours. I can't tell you which helped me the most, Adex or thyroid med, but it worked and I feel like living again. I don't care how much it cost, it is worth it IMO.

aculpep

Awards
Thanks, I appreciate your input very much. I just came to the same conclusion you said about trying DIM and all the other stuff for E2. Arimidex is the only way to go I think. I just ordered some actually. I still take natures way dim because it's supposed to help promote good estrogens. I just search all Dr. Johns posts and go by what he uses. :) My hope is with a TT of 765 by bringing my E2 my free T should double. At least the research papers I read show a direct correlation with E2 and Free T at the same ratio. That's where I got the .5ed from but your right it's too high. I think the thyroid isnt the answer for me since off it my temps sometimes were at 98.2 anyways.

There is a lot of great advice and opinions here, but let me add my $.02 because my symptoms and my situation was somewhat similar to yours.

I wanted to correct my situation as quickly as I could but with as little medication as I could. I tried supplements to bring down my E2 (chrysin, dim, chrysin & dim, etc.). They did nothing for me. Use Arimidex. It works. Skip all the other stuff and see if lowering the E2 helps. 3.5mg per week (.5mg ED) seems high. Most people start off at .5mg twice a week for a total of 1mg a week. That's what I take.

I also take 1gr of Armour thyroid per day. I felt a noticeable improvement in a week and it has gotten even better since then.

Now that I feel halfway normal, I can try adding one more thing at a time and accurately assess the improvement or lack there of, for the last thing I tried. If you start trying to correct your situation by throwing a couple of scripted meds and a handful of supplements, you can't tell what works and what doesn't.

Regarding feeling better of thyroid med, you should have felt it by now. Either that or the dose is too low.

My numbers and symptoms were strikingly similar to yours. I can't tell you which helped me the most, Adex or thyroid med, but it worked and I feel like living again. I don't care how much it cost, it is worth it IMO.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I am sorry you stoped you need to go up on the dose of armour about every 2 weeks. What your feeling is hypo again and it's this feeling and taking your temps that tells you to up the dose. Sure your Dr. will put you on it and tell you to come back in 4 to 8 weeks but this is to long to be on a low does it just makes you feel hypo again. I read some where that it take 3 grains of armour to = what your thyroid puts out. Go to STTM and read the site.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
Update:

Undone

Awards
Thanks, I appreciate your input very much. I just came to the same conclusion you said about trying DIM and all the other stuff for E2. Arimidex is the only way to go I think. I just ordered some actually. I still take natures way dim because it's supposed to help promote good estrogens. I just search all Dr. Johns posts and go by what he uses. :) My hope is with a TT of 765 by bringing my E2 my free T should double. At least the research papers I read show a direct correlation with E2 and Free T at the same ratio. That's where I got the .5ed from but your right it's too high. I think the thyroid isnt the answer for me since off it my temps sometimes were at 98.2 anyways.
On 1mg of Adex per week, my E2 went from 36 to 24 in 6 weeks. My TT increased by 16% and FT increased by 25%.

Other have stated that lowering your E2 by too much can produce the same symptoms as too high E2.

FWIW, I would start with .25mg - .5mg Arimidex EOD and have your levels checked in 4 - 5 weeks. My guess is that you will start feeling better in 7 - 10 days.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Please post links to those relevant Dr John posts.
So far I was able to locate only one:

Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding - View Single Post - I am on HRT with DIM...

Dr John is not supporting flax seed anymore.

aculpep

Awards

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Our BW is similar, except for FT.

TT - 731
FT - 23.9
E2 - 43
DHEA - 520

I have come to a similar conclusion as you, I think I will be jumping on the arimidex bandwagon. Im getting new BW soon in august, we shall see how I test out again.

aculpep

Awards
What's your SHBG?

Our BW is similar, except for FT.

TT - 731
FT - 23.9
E2 - 43
DHEA - 520

I have come to a similar conclusion as you, I think I will be jumping on the arimidex bandwagon. Im getting new BW soon in august, we shall see how I test out again.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Never had it tested, yet. It will be on my next round of BW. :dance:
Do not test SHBG individualy.
You doing the test to asses amount of T being strongly bounded.
You get better picture if you test whole panel.
Quest Diagnostic's
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total

as result you will get:

Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
Testosterone Bioavailable
SHBG
Albumin, serum
==============================================
Remember SHBG is dual not singular as previously assumed.
Since my little experiment while out, I found out the testosterone calculator useless. There is really no other way to get
BioAvailable Testosterone value.

I am rather mad that LabCorp is not doing anything about it.

OTOH, we are talking cutting edge here, that test is only recently available from Quest Diagnostics.
Their EndoManual2004 have only the old type written in it.
-------------------------------------------------------
If only Dr John was able to shed some more light on this issue.
He posted week or so ago about his chat with head cheese from Quest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On my last blood test (same blood) I had SHBG tested twice
as T panel, SHBG=20
individual test, SHBG=24
that is huge difference.
I am assuming 20 is more like it, further assuming that values when worked out as a panel have additional accuracy because all numbers that are interrelated are worked at the same time, they are not separate assays.

aculpep

Awards
Not doing anything about what? Labcorp has BioT available in their testing. They send it out to a sister lab.

Quest Diagnostic's

as result you will get:

Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
SHBG
Albumin, serum
Since my little experiment while out, I found out the testosterone calculator useless. There is really no other way to get

OTOH, we are talking cutting edge here, that test is only recently available from Quest Diagnostics.
as T panel, SHBG=20
individual test, SHBG=24
that is huge difference.
I am assuming 20 is more like it, further assuming that values when worked out as a panel have additional accuracy because all numbers that are interrelated are worked at the same time, they are not separate assays.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Not doing anything about what? Labcorp has BioT available in their testing. They send it out to a sister lab.

----------------------------------------
One have to live with limitations.
At least do not try to compare numbers from different labs.
One probably would still want to have their BAT at the top of the range
==============================

I guess you are talking about what is in links below, if not post what you have:
http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labcorp/html/chapter/mono/sr016000.htm
http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labcorp/html/chapter/mono/sr021100.htm
Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound
Reference Interval
% free and weakly bound: male: 9.0% to 46.0%, female: 3.0% to 18.0%
Free and weakly bound: male: 40.0-250.0 ng/dL, female: 0.0-9.5 ng/dL

Methodology
Ammonium sulfate precipitation; radioassay
Additional Information
Free and weakly bound (bioavailable) testosterone measurement involves the selective precipitation of SHBG with ammonium sulfate. Tritiated testosterone is added to serum which is then allowed to come to equilibrium at physiologic temperature. Testosterone bound to SHBG is then selectively precipitated with 50% ammonium sulfate, leaving free and albumin-bound testosterone in solution. The percentage of tritiated label not bound to SHBG is multiplied by the total testosterone to produce the bioavailable testosterone.
============================================
Quest decided to make one panel study here.
FreeT and BAT they calculate, (they do not assay them).
I find this more appealing, specially after reading this (written in 2006:
~~~~~~http://www.atypon-link.com/WDG/doi/pdf/10.1515/JLM.2006.050
"There is evidence that Calc2 affords reliable
FT and BAT derivation from assayed TT, SHBG, and
albumin making direct FT and BAT measurements unnecessary
in most cases."
Quest says what they do here:
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/topics/endo/testosterone.html?endo
Free, Bioavailable, and Total Testosterone
– Total: LC/MS/MS
– Free: calculated based on constants for the binding of testosterone to SHBG and albumin
– Bioavailable: calculated based on constants for the binding of testosterone to SHBG and albumin
– SHBG: extraction, chromatography, radioimmunoassay
– Albumin: spectrophotometry
– Aliases: free, weakly bound, and total testosterone
– CPT Codes:* 84403, 84270, 82040

-------
and this:
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/86/6/2903.pdf
"An Extraordinarily Inaccurate Assay for Free
Testosterone Is Still with Us"

aculpep

Awards
Yep same thing. But I'm assuming it's still better than the FreeT or why would they offer it?

Oh well, my insurance only pays for labcorp. :)

----------------------------------------
One have to live with limitations.
At least do not try to compare numbers from different labs.
One probably would still want to have their BAT at the top of the range
==============================

I guess you are talking about what is in links below, if not post what you have:
http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labcorp/html/chapter/mono/sr016000.htm
http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labcorp/html/chapter/mono/sr021100.htm
Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound
Reference Interval
% free and weakly bound: male: 9.0% to 46.0%, female: 3.0% to 18.0%
Free and weakly bound: male: 40.0-250.0 ng/dL, female: 0.0-9.5 ng/dL

Methodology
Ammonium sulfate precipitation; radioassay
Additional Information
Free and weakly bound (bioavailable) testosterone measurement involves the selective precipitation of SHBG with ammonium sulfate. Tritiated testosterone is added to serum which is then allowed to come to equilibrium at physiologic temperature. Testosterone bound to SHBG is then selectively precipitated with 50% ammonium sulfate, leaving free and albumin-bound testosterone in solution. The percentage of tritiated label not bound to SHBG is multiplied by the total testosterone to produce the bioavailable testosterone.
============================================
Quest decided to make one panel study here.
FreeT and BAT they calculate, (they do not assay them).
I find this more appealing, specially after reading this (written in 2006:
~~~~~~http://www.atypon-link.com/WDG/doi/pdf/10.1515/JLM.2006.050
"There is evidence that Calc2 affords reliable
FT and BAT derivation from assayed TT, SHBG, and
albumin making direct FT and BAT measurements unnecessary
in most cases."
Quest says what they do here:
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/topics/endo/testosterone.html?endo
Free, Bioavailable, and Total Testosterone
– Total: LC/MS/MS
– Free: calculated based on constants for the binding of testosterone to SHBG and albumin
– Bioavailable: calculated based on constants for the binding of testosterone to SHBG and albumin
– SHBG: extraction, chromatography, radioimmunoassay
– Albumin: spectrophotometry
– Aliases: free, weakly bound, and total testosterone
– CPT Codes:* 84403, 84270, 82040

-------
and this:
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/86/6/2903.pdf
"An Extraordinarily Inaccurate Assay for Free
Testosterone Is Still with Us"

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Yep same thing. But I'm assuming it's still better than the FreeT or why would they offer it?

Oh well, my insurance only pays for labcorp. :)
I know you do not have a choice, just every time you mention it clarify, what it actually is, so people would not confuse it with Quest product.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a (almost) complete panel of BW from quest, missing only BIO T and SHBG and albumin. I plan on seeing Dr John, maybe he will only request those and not run complete panel again. Insurance covered most of it, out of nearly 1400 I only had to pay 350.

Quest Diagnostic's

as result you will get:

Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
SHBG
Albumin, serum

as T panel, SHBG=20
individual test, SHBG=24
that is huge difference.

aculpep

Awards
:woohoo: Just got my liquid arimidex in the mail today! How long does this stuff take to work and feel a difference? I took .5mg at noon and so far nothing. :) j/k I'm not a patient man.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
:woohoo: Just got my liquid arimidex in the mail today! How long does this stuff take to work and feel a difference? I took .5mg at noon and so far nothing. :) j/k I'm not a patient man.
Then it should start working the min. you put your hand on it. :woohoo:
It can take up to 10 days most if not to high feel it working in less then a week.

aculpep

Awards
Can someone tell me a good starting does for Test Cypionate? I'm going to try the Arimidex a few more weeks (10 days fo far) but after that if I dont feel anything that I'll probably start HRT to get my FreeT up. I'm thinking of going with shots so I dont have to do cream every single day. Plus my dht and E2 is high already.

180lbs
bf 20%? (have no idea)