blood test results

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
For a while now ive been really fatigued and my libido has been suck...

I even have started to occur some occasional ED which is pretty tuff to deal with only being 23 yrs old!!!

The ED is strange as it wont occur right away but mid intercourse (10-15 mins) I will loose an erection.

So I got some bloodwork done and my T levels were normal but the low end normal.

I have cut out caffiene and tryed to get more sleep and it is helping somewhat with the fatigue although nothing dramatic and still the sex drive has not improved.

Ill post up my T numbers and I just want to get a general oppinion if I should be concerned for a 23 yr old?

Does anyone think my T levels are directly related to my poor sex drive or is it something else? And would an OTC t booster or even a stint of clomid/AI raise levels enough to notice a difference?

I have done steroids a couple times which most likely is leading to my low T levels but have been clean for 3 years now.

My Total T was
Normal ranges
303 250-1100

% Free T

1.53 1.1-2.8

testosterone free

46.4 35-155

lipids were normal
liver was normal

Glucose was high
115 65-99

Tsh normal
1.04 .40-5.50

T3
34 22-35

T4 normal
11.1 4.5-12.5

Free T4 normal
3.8 1.4-3.8

engival

Awards
  • Established
your T is way low.

you need more test. like the test Jan regulary post.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your thyroid numbers are great. Your glucose is high, are you overweight?

Doing steroids a few times had pretty much no impact, given they were short cycles right?

You are hypogonadal, no doubt about it. That is a terrible T level and you need treatment. I dunno weither you are primary or secondary, I don't see a LH or FSH level. (meaning, I dunno wether your nutts or your pituitary is messed up)

Any testical injuries? Severe blows to the nutts as a kid? How about car accidents? Any hard blows to the head? Ever had concussions, been knocked out, etc..?

What was your drug and alcohol use like? Any prescription meds?

Height, weight and estimanted BF%?

You need more bloodwork. And a good Dr. Location?

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
I did have the blood drawn at around 4-5 PM though not sure if this is of relevance???

Not overweight bf% prolly around 12-14%

10-12 week cycles (3) and a 4 week oral cycle

Ive been in two serious life threatening car accidents. No brain trauma though. been knocked out on both of them

Doctor would check for LH or FSH or any other hormones for that matter because my doctor didnt feel the need to test for them and said insurance probably wouldnt cover them.

No prescription meds and alcohol intake is weekend drinker friday and saturday nights but It is moderatly heavy around 6 or 7 beers.

dcguy4u

Awards
I find it amazing that you can get an erection at 303 ng/dL. I am at 380 ng/dl and i can't even get an erection. And my E2 is at 20. I wonder if T is only hormonal variable in ED/libido issues. This is getting complicated and insanely frustrating.

engival

Awards
  • Established
yeah me T levels are around 360, i can only get like an 60 erection during masturbating, SEX is never gonna happen at this point.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did have the blood drawn at around 4-5 PM though not sure if this is of relevance???

Not overweight bf% prolly around 12-14%

10-12 week cycles (3) and a 4 week oral cycle

Ive been in two serious life threatening car accidents. No brain trauma though. been knocked out on both of them

Doctor would check for LH or FSH or any other hormones for that matter because my doctor didnt feel the need to test for them and said insurance probably wouldnt cover them.

No prescription meds and alcohol intake is weekend drinker friday and saturday nights but It is moderatly heavy around 6 or 7 beers.

Alright, now we are getting somewhere:type:

It is very possible your pituitary was damaged in your car accidents! Quite often the pituitary can be damaged and overlooked! Especially considering you

A. Had more than one and
B. Was hurt seriously enough to be knocked out.

Why isn't your Dr asking you these questions, and checking LH and FSH levels! (More like why do I know and he doesn't) He is a DR! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

He can't possibly even begin to treat you without a more complete BW. Your way to young in the game right now to settle for less. I suggest you fly out and see Dr John(allthingsmale.com)

Who cares if insurance doesn't cover, it still wouldn't be more than a few hundred bucks at most. And its a one time thing.

Its your health, I wouldn't play around.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I find it amazing that you can get an erection at 303 ng/dL. I am at 380 ng/dl and i can't even get an erection. And my E2 is at 20. I wonder if T is only hormonal variable in ED/libido issues. This is getting complicated and insanely frustrating.
At 23, he still has cardiovascular and NO production advantages, which are tremendous.

Sadly, that won't be enough for long :whiner:

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
yeah me T levels are around 360, i can only get like an 60 erection during masturbating, SEX is never gonna happen at this point.
For what it is worth, my total T was at 460 and I coudn't get an erection, not matter how much stimulation was provided. You certainly need to find out if those injuries have effected your T production. The LH and FSH numbers are needed to see where the problem is. If they are normal, it could be your testicles. If they are low, it could be your pitutary gland.

engival

Awards
  • Established
yeah my LH / FSH are low, but i also have hashimotos

shippen in just 3 weeks : ) he should fix me right up.

yeah but the weird thing is i can still get decent morning erection, and if i take a nap during the day i can get an erection, but when im awake its like my penis is not home.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah my LH / FSH are low, but i also have hashimotos

shippen in just 3 weeks : ) he should fix me right up.

yeah but the weird thing is i can still get decent morning erection, and if i take a nap during the day i can get an erection, but when im awake its like my penis is not home.
Exactly. I would definitely think a compromised thyroid would affect penile funtioning, as it is often an indicator for overall health. This kids thyroid numbers are excellent, and even though his glucose is elevated and he is hypogonadal, he still otherwise is healthy.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For what it is worth, my total T was at 460 and I coudn't get an erection, not matter how much stimulation was provided. You certainly need to find out if those injuries have effected your T production. The LH and FSH numbers are needed to see where the problem is. If they are normal, it could be your testicles. If they are low, it could be your pitutary gland.
Yep. Given his very young age, I automatically assumed it was injury related, either head injury(Pituitary, secondary) or testical injury of some sort like varicocle, blow to the nutts, undecended testicals, etc(primary).

Although this is a very crude generalization to make, from what I have read/seen it seems like the younger guys who are hypogonadal are at a higher percentage secondary.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
with out e2 there is not NO2 :) thats why you can not get it up with out e2..

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I deffenatley have to go get some more bloodwork done.

My blood was drawn really late in the day though around 4-5 pm is this relevant to how low my T levels are???

engival

Awards
  • Established
yes that matters, but thats still very low for that time of day, your T levels should be around 700-900 in the am and not drop below 500

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I deffenatley have to go get some more bloodwork done.

My blood was drawn really late in the day though around 4-5 pm is this relevant to how low my T levels are???
It sort of depends when you woke up.

I awoke at 1pm, got tested at 2pm, scored a 736 TT

Ideally you want to drag your butt outta bed at 9am, but this is hard for us young guys to do :run:

Either way, i doubt it woulda mattered much.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I posted my T levels in another thread. They were in the mid to high 200's I believe. This is before I ever did a cycle. I'm now starting PCT and hope to jumpstart my T production back to normal.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
It sort of depends when you woke up.

I awoke at 1pm, got tested at 2pm, scored a 736 TT

Ideally you want to drag your butt outta bed at 9am, but this is hard for us young guys to do :run:

Either way, i doubt it woulda mattered much.
Concerning BW, time of day and T levels: For guys on [effective] TRT, their HPTA will be shutdown. In that case, I suspect that there is no reason to expect that there will be a morning surge of T. So for guy on TRT, time of day may have no impact on levels. But time relative to the last injection is very important. It should be 1/2 way between injections. For guys not on TRT, I expect that FT will be affected by time of day, but TT would not be changing much.

I am thinking that the absence of a morning surge of FT may be one of the ways that TRT might not be a complete solution. While some suck on weeking injections and feel better with E2D or E3D injections, this also may be eliminating some benefits of T level variations.... but this is all unfounded specuation at this point.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am thinking that the absence of a morning surge of FT may be one of the ways that TRT might not be a complete solution. While some suck on weeking injections and feel better with E2D or E3D injections, this also may be eliminating some benefits of T level variations.... but this is all unfounded specuation at this point.
Ksman, you have stolen some secret ideas that I have had spinning around in my head for awile now.

I also firmly believe that testosterone is not the end all be all. I think we need to go up farther in the anabolic hormone tree. T is at the bottom of the line. There are bigger compounds out there that not only break down into T, but a whole host of other goodies like the andro's and such.

I am really, really becoming fascinated with the idea of using pregnenolone + DHEA transdermally. These are the "Bigger older brothers" of the testosterone tree, that break down into not just T, but everything else thats important as well, including Growth Hormone, 7KetoDHEA, the andros, the healthy estrogens, etc. Plus, they can be cycled so shutdown won't occur. And the natural fluctuations in hormones still occur.

And some of the newest, plant based AI's out there now are just as effective as arimidex and about a million times healthier for the body, with some very important cancer fighting properties.

We shall see how this all plays out. :goodpost:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Ksman, you have stolen some secret ideas that I have had spinning around in my head for awile now.

I also firmly believe that testosterone is not the end all be all. I think we need to go up farther in the anabolic hormone tree. T is at the bottom of the line. There are bigger compounds out there that not only break down into T, but a whole host of other goodies like the andro's and such.

I am really, really becoming fascinated with the idea of using pregnenolone + DHEA transdermally. These are the "Bigger older brothers" of the testosterone tree, that break down into not just T, but everything else thats important as well, including Growth Hormone. Plus, they can be cycled so shutdown won't occur. And the natural fluctuations in hormones still occur.

And some of the newest, plant based AI's out there now are just as effective as arimidex and about a million times healthier for the body, with some very important cancer fighting properties.
We shall see how this all plays out. :goodpost:
Names, names

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Names, names
DS. I think that is the best one out there. It combines some of the best ones(look below at my list) and solves the problem that alot of herbs, especially ones that manage E, don't have very good oral absorbtion. Note that Cal D is an exception, it has very good oral absorbtion.

Resveratrol
Calcium D Glucarate
DIM + TMG
7,8 benzoflavone
Chrysin
Vitex

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Dermacrine Sustain. I think that is the best one out there. It combines some of the best ones(look below at my list) and solves the problem that alot of herbs, especially ones that manage E, don't have very good oral absorbtion. Note that Cal D is an exception, it has very good oral absorbtion.

Resveratrol
Calcium D Glucarate
DIM + TMG
7,8 benzoflavone
Chrysin
Vitex

What do you make of the argument that resveratol isn't stable in oral pill form, and becomes ineffective?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Dermacrine Sustain. I think that is the best one out there. It combines some of the best ones(look below at my list) and solves the problem that alot of herbs, especially ones that manage E, don't have very good oral absorbtion. Note that Cal D is an exception, it has very good oral absorbtion.

Resveratrol
Calcium D Glucarate
DIM + TMG
7,8 benzoflavone
Chrysin
Vitex
He was talking about changing/tweaking ingredients in some of his products, any thing you know more about?
I do not see anything new on his web site, well except Derma Term.

I still think that I would have a problem putting 7.5mL of fluid on me.
I used to do 10grams of Androgel but there was a lot of alcohol and it dried almost instantly.
Derma is much less volatile (I think).

The 3grams of cream I am putting on daily is getting old.
I am stuck in shorts for 1/2 hour waiting to get dry.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do you make of the argument that resveratol isn't stable in oral pill form, and becomes ineffective?
The Biotest and LEF people claim their product does.

With DS, that problem is solved - Its a transdermal, meaning the product is absorbed threw the skin as a cream.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He was talking about changing/tweaking ingredients in some of his products, any thing you know more about?
I do not see anything new on his web site, well except Derma Term.

I still think that I would have a problem putting 7.5mL of fluid on me.
I used to do 10grams of Androgel but there was a lot of alcohol and it dried almost instantly.
Derma is much less volatile (I think).

The 3grams of cream I am putting on daily is getting old.
I am stuck in shorts for 1/2 hour waiting to get dry.
Yep. The newer sustain version is being boosted up for bigger increases in T. What they are adding in/tweaking I do not know.

I will say this - I have been following Eric's work very closely and have been reading and researching everything he writes. I am very, very impressed with what he has to say.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Why do you find it amazing I was 120 on my first test at age 40 I did not feel like having sex but never had any ED problems went on TRT and in 10yrs this ED started took me 10 yrs to figure this out but it's hgih E2 "Estradiol" that did this to me. Like I said my Total T was 120 and I could have sex.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Yep. The newer sustain version is being boosted up for bigger increases in T. What they are adding in/tweaking I do not know.

I will say this - I have been following Eric's work very closely and have been reading and researching everything he writes. I am very, very impressed with what he has to say.
What's your personal experience with this product? Any lab results before/after your use of it?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's your personal experience with this product? Any lab results before/after your use of it?
Havent used it - Yet. I will be shortly. I have before BW just done and posted on my log. I will get retested and let everyone know, and share my experiences on product and give reviews over at my log, unbiased of course ;)

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
The Biotest and LEF people claim their product does.

With Dermacrine/Derm Sustain, that problem is solved - Its a transdermal, meaning the product is absorbed threw the skin as a cream.
Provided there is not a hidden thyroid problem you are good to go other wise your screwed with TD. I like the idea of starting at the top of the waterfall to and working way down. You can not clean up the damage from the junk at the bottom unless you stop it before it falls. Many drs are ass bacwards in thinking. I have always preached "find out what is lacking and give the body what it needs and it will eventually rebalance it self in majority of cases" When i first had problem I told them " find out what I am lacking and less stick it back in" This lead me into examining metabolic road blocks and how to go around them by studying nutrient interevention and its effects on the body looking at it from cellular level on up rebuilding cell membranes as bases, as well as electrolyte/ mineral balancing, ect..