Test Results - Weird

  1. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Test Results - Weird


    DHEA 16.7ng/ml range 1.9-7.6

    ACTH <10pg/ml range 0-46

    FSH 3mIU/ml range 1-19

    E2 23pg/ml range 20-75

    TSH 4.03mIU/ml range .5-5.0

    Free T4 .85ng/dl range .58-1.64

    Testosterone 361ng/dl range 122-534

    Cortisol 18ug/dl

    This test was done, while fasting. My doc didn't test my Free T3, Free Testosterone or LH but at least this time I got adrenals, and e2.

    I was diag. hyperthyroid, with several .0X TSH readings a month or two ago. Last test I had a Free Test of 15 on a 9-29.5 scale. (I believe that is bottom 31% of the range.) My total testosterone was 374ng at 10am last time, and is 361ng/dl at ~1pm.. On that scale, total T looks to be fine.?

    If something was up with my pituitary, would the DHEA go up higher to try and maintain homeostasis? Could something be masking results, still giving me symptoms? My FSH looks to be pretty low to me!

    What's with the "<10" ACTH result?

    My family doc wrote "All looks normal" on my blood test, but I sure do not FEEL even close to normal.

    Thanks guys,
    Steve

  2. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    DHEA 16.7ng/ml range 1.9-7.6

    ACTH <10pg/ml range 0-46

    FSH 3mIU/ml range 1-19

    E2 23pg/ml range 20-75

    TSH 4.03mIU/ml range .5-5.0

    Free T4 .85ng/dl range .58-1.64

    Testosterone 361ng/dl range 122-534

    Cortisol 18ug/dl

    This test was done, while fasting. My doc didn't test my Free T3, Free Testosterone or LH but at least this time I got adrenals, and e2.

    I was diag. hyperthyroid, with several .0X TSH readings a month or two ago. Last test I had a Free Test of 15 on a 9-29.5 scale. (I believe that is bottom 31% of the range.) My total testosterone was 374ng at 10am last time, and is 361ng/dl at ~1pm.. On that scale, total T looks to be fine.?

    If something was up with my pituitary, would the DHEA go up higher to try and maintain homeostasis? Could something be masking results, still giving me symptoms? My FSH looks to be pretty low to me!

    What's with the "<10" ACTH result?

    My family doc wrote "All looks normal" on my blood test, but I sure do not FEEL even close to normal.

    Thanks guys,
    Steve
    Your hypothyroid not hyper dhea increases in insulin resistance. 2 hour Glucose tolerance test would be next step.
  3. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    DHEA 16.7ng/ml range 1.9-7.6

    ACTH <10pg/ml range 0-46

    FSH 3mIU/ml range 1-19

    E2 23pg/ml range 20-75

    TSH 4.03mIU/ml range .5-5.0

    Free T4 .85ng/dl range .58-1.64

    Testosterone 361ng/dl range 122-534

    Cortisol 18ug/dl

    This test was done, while fasting. My doc didn't test my Free T3, Free Testosterone or LH but at least this time I got adrenals, and e2.

    I was diag. hyperthyroid, with several .0X TSH readings a month or two ago. Last test I had a Free Test of 15 on a 9-29.5 scale. (I believe that is bottom 31% of the range.) My total testosterone was 374ng at 10am last time, and is 361ng/dl at ~1pm.. On that scale, total T looks to be fine.?

    If something was up with my pituitary, would the DHEA go up higher to try and maintain homeostasis? Could something be masking results, still giving me symptoms? My FSH looks to be pretty low to me!

    What's with the "<10" ACTH result?

    My family doc wrote "All looks normal" on my blood test, but I sure do not FEEL even close to normal.

    Thanks guys,
    Steve
    low FreeT4.

    They applied wrong age range for your testosterone.
    No mather what anybody else say, you are low on T and have thyroid problem.
    Need better blood test and better doctor.
    Look for my long list for thr blood test.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    low FreeT4.

    They applied wrong age range for your testosterone.
    No mather what anybody else say, you are low on T and have thyroid problem.
    Need better blood test and better doctor.
    Look for my long list for thr blood test.
    Agreed his dr is clueless to what to handling hormone problems
  5. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Agreed his dr is clueless to what to handling hormone problems
    Yeah no joke, I was hyper with TSH readings of .01, .06 and then it came up to 1.06 and now it's going hypo. My endo later told me I was suffering "thyrotoxicosis." I have had 2 headinjuries, and I am CERTAIN hypothalmus or pituitary is not working correctly. Do they think I am just nuts? I mean..I am nuts.. but not DUMB He refered me to an endo, that refused to test what I wanted. In fact, the test before this, she called the lab of my family doc and told them not to test what I wanted, and to use what she wanted... Which didn't include free testosterone, or anything BUT thyroid stuff. No adrenals either, very ignorant. This was after I faxed her a study on head injuries/whiplash causing these same issues.

    I have heard people say because of the testosterone range used and the lab, I am normal.. I guess what they mean is.... 300ng on 122-534 is the same as 600 on 244-1068ng/dl... Makes some sense to me, knowing statistics. But using the same stats, I am in the bottom 30% of free test, which is no good. E2 is perfect as well. Am I wrong thinking that FSH is very low?
    Last edited by smc252; 05-23-2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: And I do have Dr. John's great blood test list, getting a doc to do it when they think all is normal.. not so easy.
  6. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Your hypothyroid not hyper dhea increases in insulin resistance. 2 hour Glucose tolerance test would be next step.
    I've been craving sugar like it's crack cocaine, for the first time in years.. Interesting you mention this! I will look into it.

    Thanks for responding guys!
  7. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    I've been craving sugar like it's crack cocaine, for the first time in years.. Interesting you mention this! I will look into it.

    Thanks for responding guys!
    Do the best you can.
    Put together as much info as you have
    in one post and always refer to it in conversations here.

    FIND A TOP DOCTOR:
    The Thyroid Top Doctors Directory features patient-recommended practitioners around the world

    http://www.thyroid-info.com/index.htm
  8. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    I've been craving sugar like it's crack cocaine, for the first time in years.. Interesting you mention this! I will look into it.

    Thanks for responding guys!
    Gymnema wil help regulate blood sugar levels as well as cinamon. Check hba1c for true blood sugar reading not serum glucose..
  9. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Gymnema wil help regulate blood sugar levels as well as cinamon. Check hba1c for true blood sugar reading not serum glucose..
    What do you see in this numbers?

    26 Hemoglobin A1C 5.4 % ( <6 ) ( Below 4.6% LEF)
    48 Glucose, Fasting 98 mg/dL ( 65-99 ) ( 70-85 LEF)
    49 Glucose, fasting 105 mg/dL ( 65-99 ) ( 70-85 LEF)
    50 Insuline, serum 5 micro IU/mL ( <17 )
  10. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Gymnema wil help regulate blood sugar levels as well as cinamon. Check hba1c for true blood sugar reading not serum glucose..
    Dad is a diabetic, and so is my dog. I have access to a glucose meter. For the time being, I will check and see what I can find out with that! Then I will see if I can get some better blood tests.

    -Steve
  11. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    What do you see in this numbers?

    26 Hemoglobin A1C 5.4 % ( <6 ) ( Below 4.6% LEF)
    48 Glucose, Fasting 98 mg/dL ( 65-99 ) ( 70-85 LEF)
    49 Glucose, fasting 105 mg/dL ( 65-99 ) ( 70-85 LEF)
    50 Insuline, serum 5 micro IU/mL ( <17 )
    SAme as mine but give your self 75 grams of sugar from glucose tolerance test and see ho your body performs

    mine was
    basline 80 mg/dl
    1 hour 160
    2 hour 66
    3 hours 44

    But the dr said I had normal glucose levels but how ever it should different when given sugar..
  12. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    Dad is a diabetic, and so is my dog. I have access to a glucose meter. For the time being, I will check and see what I can find out with that! Then I will see if I can get some better blood tests.

    -Steve
    I would also check the area you live for any kind of chemical plants such as fuel, refineries, gas, land fills, ect more enviormental toxins. also check copper levels in your drinking water. For your dog and dad to be diabetic that kicks up read flags all over the place for something you guys are consuming ,,
  13. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    SAme as mine but give your self 75 grams of sugar from glucose tolerance test and see ho your body performs

    mine was
    basline 80 mg/dl
    1 hour 160
    2 hour 66
    3 hours 44

    But the dr said I had normal glucose levels but how ever it should different when given sugar..
    Looks like the test takes three hours.
    Describe preparation before the test.
    say,
    last food and drink 10PM night before.
    after not eating or drinking whole night
    7AM take glucose test, after test have 75grams of sugar plus 12oz of tap water
    8AM glucose test, eat and drink nothing
    9AM glucose test, eat and drink nothing
    10 AM glucose test, end of test, normal food and drink after the test.
    Post results to the board for review.

    Is this a good plan?
  14. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Looks like the test takes three hours.
    Describe preparation before the test.
    say,
    last food and drink 10PM night before.
    after not eating or drinking whole night
    7AM take glucose test, have 75grams of sugar plus 12oz of tap water
    8AM glucose test, eat and drink nothing
    9AM glucose test, eat and drink nothing
    10 AM glucose test, end of test, normal food and drink after the test.
    Post results to the board for review.

    Is this a good plan?
    i would start loading on carbs before hand 3 days around 300 grams a day prior because if you are on a low carb diet it will not pick it up. I had 2 people do this who were on low carbs and it made drs aware and they previously had no clue that they were prediabetic. and there bodies could not handle the simple increase in carbs from sat 150 to just 300 or 400. A normal functioning person should be able to handle 300 -400 grams of carbs a day with no problem unless then are having problems and do not know it

    http://www.clinicalanswers.nhs.uk/in...?question=5254
  15. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    i would start loading on carbs before hand 3 days around 300 grams a day prior because if you are on a low carb diet it will not pick it up. I had 2 people do this who were on low carbs and it made drs aware and they previously had no clue that they were prediabetic. and there bodies could not handle the simple increase in carbs from sat 150 to just 300 or 400. A normal functioning person should be able to handle 300 -400 grams of carbs a day with no problem unless then are having problems and do not know it

    http://www.clinicalanswers.nhs.uk/in...?question=5254
    So three days before the test I eat 2x daily for the next three days, a plate full of pasta, meatballs and tomato sauce.

    On the day of the test I eat nothing except a 75grams of sugar after baseline blood prick draw.

    Is that acceptable approach to glucose test??

    Would that be ok?
  16. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    So three days before the test I eat 2x daily for the next three days, a plate full of pasta, meatballs and tomato sauce.

    On the day of the test I eat nothing except a 75grams of sugar after baseline blood prick draw.

    Is that acceptable approach to glucose test??

    Would that be ok?
    Yep and do not take any medicines before the test either get it done first thing in the morning empty stomach.
    see how your body respnds with out it..
  17. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Yep and do not take any medicines before the test either get it done first thing in the morning empty stomach.
    see how your body respnds with out it..
    Ok, I ironed out how to do the test.
    But really, I already know,
    my glucose and Hemoglobin A1C are too high.

    What should I do???
  18. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Thread jackers!
  19. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Finally got to talk to Dr. Abernathy, in Colorado Springs, CO.

    Sounds like he is a good doctor, but nobody I know has heard of him... I asked what kind of fees are involved, and apparently the first appointment is $700, no blood tests or meds included. *GULP* I could probably fly out and see Dr. John for this price, and he has references from people ALL over attesting to his knowledge. Never thought finding a Doctor would be such a pain in the ass!
  20. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    Finally got to talk to Dr. Abernathy, in Colorado Springs, CO.

    Sounds like he is a good doctor, but nobody I know has heard of him... I asked what kind of fees are involved, and apparently the first appointment is $700, no blood tests or meds included. *GULP* I could probably fly out and see Dr. John for this price, and he has references from people ALL over attesting to his knowledge. Never thought finding a Doctor would be such a pain in the ass!
    GO see dr john or dr shippen. I am going with my freind to see Dr. shippen to sit in and learn even more.
  21. New Member
    Undone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    14.26%

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    Finally got to talk to Dr. Abernathy, in Colorado Springs, CO.

    Sounds like he is a good doctor, but nobody I know has heard of him... I asked what kind of fees are involved, and apparently the first appointment is $700, no blood tests or meds included. *GULP* I could probably fly out and see Dr. John for this price, and he has references from people ALL over attesting to his knowledge. Never thought finding a Doctor would be such a pain in the ass!
    Why don't you post what city you live in. Perhaps the learned people on this forum know of a doctor who is closer and more reasonable and has a clue about what they are doing.
  22. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    Finally got to talk to Dr. Abernathy, in Colorado Springs, CO.

    Sounds like he is a good doctor, but nobody I know has heard of him... I asked what kind of fees are involved, and apparently the first appointment is $700, no blood tests or meds included. *GULP* I could probably fly out and see Dr. John for this price, and he has references from people ALL over attesting to his knowledge. Never thought finding a Doctor would be such a pain in the ass!
    Call all of them, see if any would do TRT for you, high likelyhood that within first 5 you will get a hit.
    Do the search your self, my search did not copy in nice order, specially the phones did not copy, you have got 78 osteopaths working in your area.
    Find an Osteopathic Physician

    American Osteopathic Association


    Find a D.O. Site Map






    Home

    About the AOA

    About Osteopathic Medicine

    About Your D.O.

    About Your Health

    Publications and Advertising

    Media Center

    Government Policy

    Local & Community Resources

    FAQs

    Contact Us







    Sorted By Last Name Sort By City Sort By Specialty 78 matches returned Search Again

    Name City State ZIP Primary Specialty

    Gerard A. Ashbeck, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Emergency Medicine
    Gina C. Bamberger, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Family Practice
    Steven J. Barrick, DO Colorado Springs CO 80919 Family Practice
    Bert E. Bergland, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Family Practice
    Peter Bianco, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Jeff K. Blixt, DO Colorado Springs CO 80911 Family Practice
    Ronald D. Blonder, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Cardiology
    Mark E. Bodman, DO Colorado Springs CO 80920 Family Practice
    Keith O. Bodrero, DO, PhD Colorado Springs CO 80922 Family Practice
    Karen C. Campbell, DO Colorado Springs CO 80910 Family Practice
    Patrick M. Carter, DO Colorado Springs CO 80919 Family Practice
    Anthony J. Christoff, DO Colorado Springs CO 80903 Family Practice
    Peter J. Clothier, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Family Practice
    Gregory B. Collins, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Family Practice
    Alexios C. Constantinides, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Family Practice
    Thomas J. Czelatdko, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Emergency Medicine
    William L. Denam, Jr, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Emergency Medicine
    Joel Dickerman, DO Colorado Springs CO 80903 Family Practice
    Andrew R. Ellias, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Internal Medicine
    Jeremiah F. Ellias, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Emergency Medicine
    Laura Feldman, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Family Practice
    Mark S. Fraley, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Family Practice
    David R. Furrow, Jr, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Neuromusculoskeletal Med/OMT
    David S. Gibbons, DO Colorado Springs CO 80917 Family Practice
    Stacy L. Greenspan, DO Colorado Springs CO 80910 Radiology
    Gerald A. Hamstra, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Family Practice
    Mary E. Harrow, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Family Practice
    Monica M. Hassett, DO Colorado Springs CO 80903 Family Practice
    David L. Headley, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Hematology & Oncology
    Thomas W. Higginbotham, DO Colorado Springs CO 80904 Preventive Med-Occupation Med
    Randall G. Hoffman, DO Colorado Springs CO 80903 Family Practice
    Charles G. Hughes, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Dermatology
    Charles L. Johnson, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Family Practice
    George J. Juetersonke, DO Colorado Springs CO 80917 Endocrinology
    Adrienne Kania, DO Colorado Springs CO 80904 Internal Medicine
    K. Scott Kime, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Emergency Medicine
    LTC Jorge O. Klajnbart, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Orthopedics
    John B. Kurish, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Family Practice
    Susan Lynn Lepire, DO Colorado Springs CO 80904 Family Practice
    Mark A. Levstik, DO Colorado Springs CO 80921 Family Practice/OMM
    Shirat Ling, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Family Practice
    Craig A. Loerzel, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Pediatrics
    Bryan M. Mahan, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Thoracic Cardiovascular Surg
    William J. Mandell, DO, JD Colorado Springs CO 80919 Family Practice
    Kae Patrick McCaffery, DO Colorado Springs CO 80903 Pediatrics
    Shane E. McCarthy, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Family Practice
    Thomas T. McCarthy, DO Colorado Springs CO 80910 Orthopedic Surgery
    William K. McCarty, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Otorhinolaryngology
    COL Lynn S. McCurdy, DO Colorado Springs CO 80921 Diagnostic Radiology
    Thomas E. McCurdy, DO Colorado Springs CO 80921 Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Susan Michele McMaster, DO Colorado Springs CO 80910 Family Practice
    LTC Christopher R. McNulty, DO Colorado Springs CO 80919 Family Practice
    Joyce E. Michael, DO Colorado Springs CO 80920 Family Practice
    Russell Parker, DO Colorado Springs CO 80904 Osteo Manipulative Medicine
    Amy Paul, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Dermatology
    Stacey J. Porterfield, DO Colorado Springs CO 80919 Family Practice
    Karen C. Ramstrom, DO Colorado Springs CO 80910 Family Practice
    Kenneth S. Raper, DO Colorado Springs CO 80908 Family Practice
    Sheldon J. Ravin, DO Colorado Springs CO 80910 Family Practice
    Michelle K. Reed, DO Colorado Springs CO 80903 Geriatrics
    Ronald O. Royce, DO Colorado Springs CO 80910 Orthopedic Surgery
    Vernon M. Rubick, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Family Practice
    Sidney Rubinow, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Donald G. Spradlin, DO Colorado Springs CO 80962 Geriatrics
    Michele Straka, DO Colorado Springs CO 80924 Family Practice
    Lloyd L. Strode, Jr, DO Colorado Springs CO 80919 Family Practice
    LTC Edwin Charles Telfer, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Family Practice
    Kathleen J. Vedock, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Pediatrics
    Mark W. Walton, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Family Practice
    Walter H. Watts, DO Colorado Springs CO 80911 Family Practice
    Brien J. Whittington, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Family Practice
    Joshua S. Will, DO Colorado Springs CO 80907 Family Practice
    Scott B. Woody, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Family Practice
    John R. Wright, DO Colorado Springs CO 80909 Ophthalmology
    MAJ Kathryn M. Zamboni-Cutter, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Mark B. Zamboni-Cutter, DO Colorado Springs CO 80906 Family Practice
    James A. Zimmer, DO Colorado Springs CO 80911 Family Practice
    David H. Zirkle, DO Colorado Springs CO 80918 Family Practice
  23. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Been a while since I have updated but I have been on 50mcg of synthroid for 1 month. Just got my test results back, look pretty low to me. Upped it to 100mcg 3 days ago, thinking I really need some T3 meds on top of T4, or Armour to replace both.

    TSH 1.46
    Free T3 .71
    Free T4 .94
    Prolactin 8ng/dl

    We checked prolactin because my nipples are pretty puffy and I can sqeeze a tiny bit of liquid out. Last time e2 was at 23, so I dunno wtf is going on! I'm pretty sure it's from TRH with the hypothyroidism, but not sure how to control it..

    Will lowering TSH lower prolactin? It was at 8 when my tsh was 4.0X and now it is the same!

    I've got some igf-1 to help me lose weight, but I dont want to add anything to the mix untill I can figure out the puffy nipples!
  24. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    Been a while since I have updated but I have been on 50mcg of synthroid for 1 month. Just got my test results back, look pretty low to me. Upped it to 100mcg 3 days ago, thinking I really need some T3 meds on top of T4, or Armour to replace both.

    TSH 1.46
    Free T3 .71
    Free T4 .94
    Prolactin 8ng/dl

    We checked prolactin because my nipples are pretty puffy and I can sqeeze a tiny bit of liquid out. Last time e2 was at 23, so I dunno wtf is going on! I'm pretty sure it's from TRH with the hypothyroidism, but not sure how to control it..

    Will lowering TSH lower prolactin? It was at 8 when my tsh was 4.0X and now it is the same!

    I've got some igf-1 to help me lose weight, but I dont want to add anything to the mix untill I can figure out the puffy nipples!
    IGF-1 will RAISE prolactin. Have you been using IGF recently? I am worried about the doses people use when it comes to such matters.

    Most things that acts as an aromatase inhibitor will lower prolactin.
  25. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    IGF-1 will RAISE prolactin. Have you been using IGF recently? I am worried about the doses people use when it comes to such matters.

    Most things that acts as an aromatase inhibitor will lower prolactin.
    Nope, like I said, I dont want to add anything to the mix untill I can get myself feeling better. I don't ever plan to use higher then natural doses of igf-1.. I think it's ignorant to use such high doses.

    My prolactin has been at 8 for the past few months... Could pregesterone alone cause puffy nipples? I suppose I should check estrone, and recheck estradiol..?

    When I get out of the shower, 3/4 of the aereola is all perked up with the nipple, yet there is no hard tissue.. just fat. I haven't felt any, nor has my female osteo doc. Weird **** man
  26. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    My aunt just passed away 3 days ago, so I have to fly out the Kansas City for her memorial.. I'm amazed at how well I have learned to cope with death and sadness. I can see that she is no longer suffering and in pain, and I can relate. Just wish I could have been there for her, she was like a second Mom to me.

    Are there any good HRT docs out in KS? I may have an opportunity to take over her house, as it's been in our family since my dad was a baby. (I love spending summers out there.)

    I think I may have a mild Hemrrhoid, my ass has been itching like crazy for a week.. I believe this is due to upping my synthroid to 100mcg, but not having the doc up my prescription. I was w/o meds for 3-5 days so I was constipated. But it will get better... I feel like a damn 90yr old!!!!! I am 23 years old, single and totally falling apart!! What's next?

    The titanium plates in my face were hurting a LOT yesterday, and were even swollen. They have hurt before, due to barometric pressure chances and temperature, but not like this. This hurt worse then when my face was actually shattered!
    I had to go to the ER to make sure they weren't falling out or anything... missed work yesterday, and still not at work today, as my MD is supposed to call me about what to do.
    I am not sure if this is due to my testosterone lowering even more, reducing my pain tolerence or what.. I am not known to even mention my pain, as I deal with chronic pain anyways. I have the whole "I'm a man" attitude, so I keep my pain bottle up well.

    Got my grimey, greasy hands on some adex!!
    I took 1/8th of a MG (.125mg) yesterday.. Hope my nipple swelling goes down, at this low dose, I am not setting myself up for rebound or anything.. am I? I am assuming even .1mg E3D should keep aromatase from bouncing back, as there is a 36hr half-life, but I am not a doctor. The idea is to slowly up it, so I don't suffer any side-effects. Should I wait 2 weeks, or is 1 week enough to determine how low my E2 is getting? Is the dosing linear to the ammount of e2 suppression?

    I ask some weird questions, but I appreciate any EDUCATED replies.

    -Steve
  27. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    My aunt just passed away 3 days ago, so I have to fly out the Kansas City for her memorial.. I'm amazed at how well I have learned to cope with death and sadness. I can see that she is no longer suffering and in pain, and I can relate. Just wish I could have been there for her, she was like a second Mom to me.

    Are there any good HRT docs out in KS? I may have an opportunity to take over her house, as it's been in our family since my dad was a baby. (I love spending summers out there.)

    I think I may have a mild Hemrrhoid, my ass has been itching like crazy for a week.. I believe this is due to upping my synthroid to 100mcg, but not having the doc up my prescription. I was w/o meds for 3-5 days so I was constipated. But it will get better... I feel like a damn 90yr old!!!!! I am 23 years old, single and totally falling apart!! What's next?

    The titanium plates in my face were hurting a LOT yesterday, and were even swollen. They have hurt before, due to barometric pressure chances and temperature, but not like this. This hurt worse then when my face was actually shattered!
    I had to go to the ER to make sure they weren't falling out or anything... missed work yesterday, and still not at work today, as my MD is supposed to call me about what to do.
    I am not sure if this is due to my testosterone lowering even more, reducing my pain tolerence or what.. I am not known to even mention my pain, as I deal with chronic pain anyways. I have the whole "I'm a man" attitude, so I keep my pain bottle up well.

    Got my grimey, greasy hands on some adex!!
    I took 1/8th of a MG (.125mg) yesterday.. Hope my nipple swelling goes down, at this low dose, I am not setting myself up for rebound or anything.. am I? I am assuming even .1mg E3D should keep aromatase from bouncing back, as there is a 36hr half-life, but I am not a doctor. The idea is to slowly up it, so I don't suffer any side-effects. Should I wait 2 weeks, or is 1 week enough to determine how low my E2 is getting? Is the dosing linear to the ammount of e2 suppression?

    I ask some weird questions, but I appreciate any EDUCATED replies.

    -Steve
    E2 changes, on a cellular level, will take up to 4 weeks or longer.

    I would wait to test.
  28. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post
    My aunt just passed away 3 days ago, so I have to fly out the Kansas City for her memorial.. I'm amazed at how well I have learned to cope with death and sadness. I can see that she is no longer suffering and in pain, and I can relate. Just wish I could have been there for her, she was like a second Mom to me.

    Are there any good HRT docs out in KS? I may have an opportunity to take over her house, as it's been in our family since my dad was a baby. (I love spending summers out there.)

    I think I may have a mild Hemrrhoid, my ass has been itching like crazy for a week.. I believe this is due to upping my synthroid to 100mcg, but not having the doc up my prescription. I was w/o meds for 3-5 days so I was constipated. But it will get better... I feel like a damn 90yr old!!!!! I am 23 years old, single and totally falling apart!! What's next?

    The titanium plates in my face were hurting a LOT yesterday, and were even swollen. They have hurt before, due to barometric pressure chances and temperature, but not like this. This hurt worse then when my face was actually shattered!
    I had to go to the ER to make sure they weren't falling out or anything... missed work yesterday, and still not at work today, as my MD is supposed to call me about what to do.
    I am not sure if this is due to my testosterone lowering even more, reducing my pain tolerence or what.. I am not known to even mention my pain, as I deal with chronic pain anyways. I have the whole "I'm a man" attitude, so I keep my pain bottle up well.

    Got my grimey, greasy hands on some adex!!
    I took 1/8th of a MG (.125mg) yesterday.. Hope my nipple swelling goes down, at this low dose, I am not setting myself up for rebound or anything.. am I? I am assuming even .1mg E3D should keep aromatase from bouncing back, as there is a 36hr half-life, but I am not a doctor. The idea is to slowly up it, so I don't suffer any side-effects. Should I wait 2 weeks, or is 1 week enough to determine how low my E2 is getting? Is the dosing linear to the ammount of e2 suppression?

    I ask some weird questions, but I appreciate any EDUCATED replies.

    -Steve
    Hemoroids, or similar itches.
    After you done #2 on toilet, go to shower and shower your behind. Wipe it out with toilet paper, repeat until paper is absolutely not stained.
  29. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    There' s no blood, or external hemrrhoids. Even after showering. No biggy, my thyroid/testosterone and face are my main concerns LOL

    You don't think I will experience something soon, such as a mental affects or slight rise in body temp/metabolism with the adex?
  30. New Member
    phatkid77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    77.69%

    yoiur nipple sounds like mine...keep me updated..
    my prolactin is 10.6, not sure if the CNDN docs will care...

    phats
  31. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
    yoiur nipple sounds like mine...keep me updated..
    my prolactin is 10.6, not sure if the CNDN docs will care...

    phats


    The ironic thing is that I never abused anabolics because I was afraid of having these type of issues, and I got them anyways! Kind of sketchy, especially when you are about to go on TRT.

    My prolactin was at 9.8, I believe, which is not "optimal" but it is mid-range. My doc rechecked it, and was not concerned, as it was the same.
  32. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smc252 View Post


    The ironic thing is that I never abused anabolics because I was afraid of having these type of issues, and I got them anyways! Kind of sketchy, especially when you are about to go on TRT.

    My prolactin was at 9.8, I believe, which is not "optimal" but it is mid-range. My doc rechecked it, and was not concerned, as it was the same.
    9.8 is way high.

    Need that number 5 or below.
  33. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    9.8 is way high.

    Need that number 5 or below.
    Dr John isn't concerned with mid-range PRL... *shrug*
  34. New Member
    phatkid77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    77.69%

    so dr. J, a PRL level of 10 is ok by you??
  35. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    I just got back from driving 2 hours to see an anti-aging doctor.
    He told me my testosterone is low (well duh) and he thinks my thyroid is okay now... Yet he says my case is "too complicated" for him to treat... He told me a month ago he was willing to try and help me, and sounded so confident in his abilities.

    "Another one bites the dust!"

    Having to pay $1000+ to feel normal again is becoming more and more real, as self-treatment is just asking for more trouble. I don't even know why I am paying $300/mo for insurance, when these damn doctors act like my health is of no concern.

    I feel like I am never going to get help. This is making me more and more depressed. And having my aunt, who I was close to, just die of cancer 4 days ago is not helping...

    My outlook on life right now is pretty poor...I honestly just want to go to sleep and end all this suffering. I love life, but not when I am totally miserable! And now I have a lump under my right nipple.. Hey at least it matches the fat... now I am starting to really look like a fat, pregnant woman.
  36. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    432
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    88.7%

    Hang in there SMC....you will work this out and live a life most can only dream of...and sooner than you think.
  37. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    242
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Hang in there SMC....you will work this out and live a life most can only dream of...and sooner than you think.
    I really do appreciate the kind words.

    That has been my attitude for the past 6 years.. I am turning 24 aug 30th, and my goal from around a year ago was to at least feel a little better by then.. I am only getting worse and nobody but me takes it seriously.. I am ready to take my health into my own hands, if needed be. I prefer to have a doctor to confer with though, it just seems smart.

    At least my osteo is willing to try an antibiotic, thinking the knot under my nipple may just be an infection... But seeing how I have all the extra fat around them, small ammount of fluid when squeezed, and the pain when I touch it, seems estrogenic to me.

    I can't even take my shirt off anymore.. My confidence shrinks daily, and I gave up on sex 4 years ago, as I dont ejaculate and don't even feel anything during intercourse!

    I'd love to see Dr. John or Dr Shippen. Maybe even just get my osteo on the phone with one of them, so we can do a clinical trial.. I mean.. ANYTHING!

    Honestly, I no longer care about the cause to all this.. I just want my quality of life back.. Add in Armour, testosterone and cortisol if needed, and let's see wtf happens!!!

    I should be out making sweet love to all the women that are interested in me, fixing my car and just enjoying life! I have so much potential, I am a very smart guy and am very talented in so many areas, yet I feel so blunted by all my problems.

    I feel like I am just plain not me anymore, it's a terrible feeling!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Weird blood test results
    By BEEFY in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:28 PM
  2. blood test result and why is my test so low?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:28 AM
  3. r-ALA testing results
    By ex_banana-eater in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 08:22 AM
  4. Methyl-1-test results
    By TheTom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 03:31 PM
  5. Injectable 1-Test results?
    By GangstaJDog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in