Dr. Abernathy?

smc252

Awards
  • Established
I've been looking around at local anti-aging docs... Anyone hear good or bad things about Dr. James Abernathy, in CO Springs, Colorado? He's only 2hrs from me, but there is also a couple even closer, in Boulder. :head:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I've been looking around at local anti-aging docs... Anyone hear good or bad things about Dr. James Abernathy, in CO Springs, Colorado? He's only 2hrs from me, but there is also a couple even closer, in Boulder. :head:
If he
is into TRT (more or less)
write scripts when asked without too much of arguing
do not overcharge,
cooperate insurance -vise, ICD-9 codes and similar
he is already a good candidate.

If he knows his business may be overlooked by many of us who mostly depend on ability to get the script.

People with less common issues must be more demanding when selecting a doctor.
============================================
With all this said, many doctors are not only there to make a living, many (most) genuinely want to help.

I think if one makes a list of 10 candidates from the two links below, he have a good shot finding two or three keepers.

(How to get similar links for fertility doctors?)
American Osteopathic Association

Thyroid Disease Information Source -- Bestselling Books, News, Information on Living Well With Hypothyroidism, Autoimmune Disease, Thyroid Diet, Home Page of Mary Shomon

rfish1966

Awards
I would be willing to drive to the springs if that guys checks out. Boulder is just round the corner from me so that would be great too.

engival

Awards
  • Established
thats good there seems to be some good docs in CO, im planning to move to colorado, fort collins within the year.

rfish1966

Awards
I am still looking for a good one...hopefully one of us finds one before you get out here.
thats good there seems to be some good docs in CO, im planning to move to colorado, fort collins within the year.

engival

Awards
  • Established
well a reason i havent moved yet is because i want to get all my hormonal problems cleared up before anything, also im seeing Dr. Shippen right now

rfish1966

Awards
I have been reading shippens stuff, he sounds like he should should be able to get you in order. Maybe he can manage your care thru phone consults once your out here?

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I had no clue you were a CO guy. Look at all of em, awww how cute :)

Thanks, will look into Lansing! What is his speciality btw?
Lansing is the state captial of Michigan. Dr. John's office is there.

I live in Castle Rock

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Ask him if he will be hearing me speak in Denver the first weekend of June, for College Pharmacy.
Do you have any free passes? or can we just drop your name at the door for VIP treatment?

smc252

Awards
  • Established

Must be something in the high, fresh air.
All I am going to say is... born and raised in Boulder! :fool2:

..that or it's all the DAMN estrogen in me, I just wana cry it's so puuurrddyyyy :p

About 4hrs ago, I saw that you were going to be in town for the convention. Looks to be $180, from my poor excuse of memory. (As I wait for the jokes about the "air" and my memory..ahem!) But that is an excellent idea, as I want a Dr. who is willing to learn and stay up to date with leaders such as yourself.

I should be getting my latest bloodwork soon... Care for a free meeting while you're down here? I'll buy you a beer? :toofunny:

BigJim: I thought you meant, DR Lansing.. I knew it was a place in MI too.. damn I am retarded, can I blame my testosterone issues for this one too? :)

-Steve

BigJimCalhoun

Awards

All I am going to say is... born and raised in Boulder! :fool2:

..that or it's all the DAMN estrogen in me, I just wana cry it's so puuurrddyyyy :p

About 4hrs ago, I saw that you were going to be in town for the convention. Looks to be $180, from my poor excuse of memory. (As I wait for the jokes about the "air" and my memory..ahem!) But that is an excellent idea, as I want a Dr. who is willing to learn and stay up to date with leaders such as yourself.

I should be getting my latest bloodwork soon... Care for a free meeting while you're down here? I'll buy you a beer? :toofunny:

BigJim: I thought you meant, DR Lansing.. I knew it was a place in MI too.. damn I am retarded, can I blame my testosterone issues for this one too? :)

-Steve
Don't blame testosterone, blame Boulder. Testosterone is probably the only drug one can't get easily in Boulder. Then again though I could be wrong. Cycling is the most doped sport after bodybuilding and there are more bikes in Boulder than cars

rfish1966

Awards
I actually got cut off the other day...by a guy on a bike :frustrate working close to boulder sucks sometimes.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Don't blame testosterone, blame Boulder. Testosterone is probably the only drug one can't get easily in Boulder. Then again though I could be wrong. Cycling is the most doped sport after bodybuilding and there are more bikes in Boulder than cars
No wonder my doctor uses a 122-534ng/dl range.. goddamn hippies have offset EVERYTHING! LOL :)

But on a more serious note, I got my MRI results back (even before my bloodwork, from a week before it?!)

Here's what it says:

Technique: Coronal MPR and T2 weight images through the temporal lobes. Axial FLAIR, DWI, and GRE weighted images are obtained.

Findings: The ventricles and sulci are normal size and configuration. No hemorrhage, mass lesion, midline shift, or fracture.

The orbits and paranasal sinuses are grossly unremarkable.

Impression: Normal MRI brain w/o contrast.

So.... from what I am seeing.. they did they not even look at the pituitary? That was my one and only concern! :hammer: I don't care that the surgen did a good job on my orbital/sinus, I kinda realized that part.. are you kidding? :aargh:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lansing is the state captial of Michigan. Dr. John's office is there.

I live in Castle Rock
On a side note, you would belive how many beautiful women are up in lansing at good ol MSU :chick:

But all the smart broads can be found at U of M. To bad they all look :sick:

smc252

Awards
  • Established
So, IOW, the examined your brain and FOUND NOTHING??

(just a little medical humor).

The radiologist is responsible for everything on the image. He/she found nothing wrong with your pituitary.
That or I could have made the joke about having "screws loose." As I have 2 titanium plates :p I can take the humor, bring it on! :woohoo:

I was hoping they looked at everything, but thought it was weird that it says "Indication: memory loss." And I saw that they mentioned looking at the temporal lobes. Just hoping that wasn't all that was looked it. I don't know what the other things mentioned were, damn I need read up on my neurology! ;)

Glad to know I don't have cancer or anything, now I just need my latest bloodwork to come... *taps foot* :)

smc252

Awards
  • Established
You would not believe how many walk past my window, on the garden level, as we are right across from the State Capitol Building.

That is why I positioned my desk as I did. It's not uncommon, and perfectly acceptable, to pause the Consultation, for both physician and patient to run to another window to catch another glimpse of some...um...moving scenery.

Castle Rock, as in the UP?
So that's why the consultations are lengthy!!!

:chick:

Only reason I like my retail job. The scenery :) You wouldn't believe some of the things I've seen, bwahaha :fool2:

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
You would not believe how many walk past my window, on the garden level, as we are right across from the State Capitol Building.

That is why I positioned my desk as I did. It's not uncommon, and perfectly acceptable, to pause the Consultation, for both physician and patient to run to another window to catch another glimpse of some...um...moving scenery.

UP? Castle Rock as in Town of Castle Rock - HOME

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Well I worked out yesterday, first time in 2-3 months. I can't believe how fat I've gotten in such little time. No way in hell my thyroid is hyper right now.. Have a gut and tits to go with it. I am sore as hell, and went very easy on the weights. Last time I tried working out, I was sore and BLOATED for a week. Any tips on reducing this? I am thinking it may be estradiol related, hope to see my bloodwork today.

Had to take my Dad to the Urgent Care place last night, he was having bad stomach aches and burping NON STOP. Good thing that is a pet peeve of mine, right? He has hep c and diabetes, so it was kind of alarming. He has pancreitus, and has to go back to either a hospital or urgent care today. The doc was really nice, really down to earth, and sent him home with some vicodin, just incase the pain got worse. He also discussed how some lab ranges were "****", I was like, wow.. this guy isn't typical! :)

Time to load up on creatine and whey, hope this helps my soreness.. And it's off to ER we go, hi ho hi ho (or is it HIGH ho?)

-Steve

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

:toofunny: Hey, your stuck there all day, might as well make it as T friendly as possible.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Weird...

Would low free testosterone make DOMS incredibly worse... I had protein shake/aminos before and after, as well as a good meal before. I stretch good before and after EACH exercise.

Last edited: