Estradiol at Quest - AnabolicMinds.com

Estradiol at Quest

  1. New Member
    wondering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    163

    Reputation

    Estradiol at Quest


    Does anyone know the specific Estradiol test at Quest that I should run. I believe they have 3-4 different Estradiol tests. Free, Total and couple others. The actual Lab Number would be helpful, so I know I am getting the right one.

    thanks

  2. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    Does anyone know the specific Estradiol test at Quest that I should run. I believe they have 3-4 different Estradiol tests. Free, Total and couple others. The actual Lab Number would be helpful, so I know I am getting the right one.

    thanks
    Jansz will you do the honors
  3. New Member
    wondering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    163

    Reputation

    bump... help??


    QUOTE=wondering;810543]Does anyone know the specific Estradiol test at Quest that I should run. I believe they have 3-4 different Estradiol tests. Free, Total and couple others. The actual Lab Number would be helpful, so I know I am getting the right one.

    thanks[/QUOTE]
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Jansz will you do the honors
    Names as they appear on my Quest diagnostic test.
    IGF Binding protein-3
    IGF-1
    Aldosterone
    Cortisol AM
    Cortisol PM
    DHEA sulfate
    Prolactin
    Prolactin
    FSH
    LH
    Progesterone
    Pregnenolone
    Estradiol
    Estradiol, Bioavailable
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive
    Estrogens, Total, Serum
    Estrone,serum
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
    Testosterone Total
    Testosterone Free
    Testosterone Bioavailable
    SHBG
    Albumin, serum
  5. New Member
    wondering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    163

    Reputation

    Thank you. I have the SHBG, T, Free T, thyroid, etc. tests all done. The E2 test was requested to be sent to Quest, but my lab never sent it.

    So, I need to have blood drawn again. Should I rerun all the tests? Is there a benefit even though all my numbers looked good and E2 is the variable at this point. Should I have the blood drawn on the same day as last time. (morning before my next injection)

    I have been on Test Cyp for little over 5 months and have improved mentally, but not sexually.


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Names as they appear on my Quest diagnostic test.
    IGF Binding protein-3
    IGF-1
    Aldosterone
    Cortisol AM
    Cortisol PM
    DHEA sulfate
    Prolactin
    Prolactin
    FSH
    LH
    Progesterone
    Pregnenolone
    Estradiol
    Estradiol, Bioavailable
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive
    Estrogens, Total, Serum
    Estrone,serum
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
    Testosterone Total
    Testosterone Free
    Testosterone Bioavailable
    SHBG
    Albumin, serum
  6. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    Thank you. I have the SHBG, T, Free T, thyroid, etc. tests all done. The E2 test was requested to be sent to Quest, but my lab never sent it.

    So, I need to have blood drawn again. Should I rerun all the tests? Is there a benefit even though all my numbers looked good and E2 is the variable at this point. Should I have the blood drawn on the same day as last time. (morning before my next injection)

    I have been on Test Cyp for little over 5 months and have improved mentally, but not sexually.
    usually 48 hours after to get peak and day of injection to get the trough. Most guys try to hit it on the low end to get Drs to prescribe more but a peak will show where your highest estrogens are ..
  7. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    Thank you. I have the SHBG, T, Free T, thyroid, etc. tests all done. The E2 test was requested to be sent to Quest, but my lab never sent it.

    So, I need to have blood drawn again. Should I rerun all the tests? Is there a benefit even though all my numbers looked good and E2 is the variable at this point. Should I have the blood drawn on the same day as last time. (morning before my next injection)

    I have been on Test Cyp for little over 5 months and have improved mentally, but not sexually.
    How about I give you my complete list and you figure out the benefits.

    Blood draw 4/13/2007 Quest Diagnostics

    Calcium
    Carbon dioxide
    Chloride
    Copper, serum
    Ferritin
    Magnesium
    Potasium
    Selenium
    Sodium
    Zinc
    Alkaline phosphase
    ALT
    AST
    BUN/creatinine ratio
    Creatinine
    Globulin, calculated
    Protein Total
    Urea nitrogen
    Bilirubin, Total
    Bilirubin, Direct
    EGFR non afr american
    RPR W/Titer & Conf RFX RPR screen
    C-reactive protein CRP
    Fibrinogen
    Hematocrit
    Hemoglobin A1C
    Homocysteine, cardio
    Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
    Folate, Serum
    Folate, Serum
    Cholesterol, Total
    HDL cholesterol
    cholesterol/HDL ratio
    LDL chol, calculated
    Triglycirides
    VLDL
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin B12, serum
    Vitamin D, 25-OH, Total
    Vitamin D, 25-OH, D3
    Vitamin D, 25-OH, D2
    T3 Free
    T3 uptake
    T3,Total
    T4,Free
    T4,Total
    TSH
    Glucose, Fasting
    Glucose, fasting
    Insuline, serum
    PSA, Total
    PSA, Total
    PSA, %, free
    IGF Binding protein-3
    IGF-1
    Aldosterone
    Cortisol AM
    Cortisol PM
    DHEA sulfate
    Prolactin
    Prolactin
    FSH
    LH
    Progesterone
    Pregnenolone
    Estradiol
    Estradiol, Bioavailable
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive
    Estrogens, Total, Serum
    Estrone,serum
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
    Testosterone Total
    Testosterone Free
    Testosterone Bioavailable
    SHBG
    Albumin, serum
    Testosterone Total
    Testosterone, %Free
    Testosterone, Free
    SHBG
    Albumin
    Dihydrotestosterone DHT
    -------------------------------
    for more complete test add
    renin
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Quest is, IMPO, the best in the land. BTW, I prefer not to use LabCorp.

    Quest assays must be sent to the Nichols Institute. Their "Extraction Method" for Estradiol is the one. They also have a "Free Estradiol" os great interest. And the SHBG tends to be unreliable, so have your Bioavailable Testosterone done there, too, so it will include their good SHBG.

    All Quest draw points send these assay samples to Nichols.
    To make maters as simple as possible by no more than that,
    I think it is the best to go to Quest patients centers and have blood drawn there.
    -----
    Funny you have mentioned SHBG.
    Mine they did twice. Also twice Albumin.
    Once (the right way) with (Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot)

    SHBG - 20 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
    Albumin, serum - 4.3 g/dL ( 3.6-5.1 )


    Then as separate tests.
    SHBG - 24 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
    Albumin - 4.6 g/dL ( 3.2-4.6 )
    ============================== ===================
    And they used blood drawn at the same time, so the differences are in the testing method.
    ============================== ======================
    Is there a way to get results electronic way, e-mail letter or preferably excel spreadsheet?
    I got mine as mess of a papers trickling down over three weeks with revisions etc,
    real mess. Had to retype the mess from 24 pages of paper to get better picture.
  9. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    To make maters as simple as possible by no more than that,
    I think it is the best to go to Quest patients centers and have blood drawn there.
    -----
    Funny you have mentioned SHBG.
    Mine they did twice. Also twice Albumin.
    Once (the right way) with (Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot)

    SHBG - 20 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
    Albumin, serum - 4.3 g/dL ( 3.6-5.1 )


    Then as separate tests.
    SHBG - 24 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
    Albumin - 4.6 g/dL ( 3.2-4.6 )
    ============================== ===================
    And they used blood drawn at the same time, so the differences are in the testing method.
    ============================== ======================
    Is there a way to get results electronic way, e-mail letter or preferably excel spreadsheet?
    I got mine as mess of a papers trickling down over three weeks with revisions etc,
    real mess. Had to retype the mess from 24 pages of paper to get better picture.

    just ask quest for a release for to you provide your name and address and fax number. After a week call the lab customer service and see if they have test completed and have them fax the info to number provided or just tell your dr to call and they will fax info to them. My test where done in 7 days all of them and i was PISSED that i had to wait month for results !! My dr office was too freaken lazy to call..

    My freind had labs done by quest and had them in his mail box in 4 days !!
  10. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Quest is, IMPO, the best in the land. BTW, I prefer not to use LabCorp.

    Quest assays must be sent to the Nichols Institute. Their "Extraction Method" for Estradiol is the one. They also have a "Free Estradiol" os great interest. And the SHBG tends to be unreliable, so have your Bioavailable Testosterone done there, too, so it will include their good SHBG.

    All Quest draw points send these assay samples to Nichols.
    http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/...3rdEd_2004.pdf

    Page 63, Estradiol, Free (0.3-0.9)pg/mL
    Page 62, Estradiol, bioavailable (37.5-73.4)pg/mL

    I suspect that we shoud look at them similarly as FreeT and BAT, that is strive to keep them at the top range but not over it.

    Corrections are welcome.
  11. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/...3rdEd_2004.pdf

    Page 63, Estradiol, Free (0.3-0.9)pg/mL
    Page 62, Estradiol, bioavailable (37.5-73.4)pg/mL

    I suspect that we shoud look at them similarly as FreeT and BAT, that is keep it at the top range but not over it.

    Corrections are welcome.
    To get this lab drawn in one day is almost virtually impossible and it would take the people at quest at least 2 hours to figure out what vial needs to go with what. this would end up being about 27-30 vials of blood..
  12. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    To get this lab drawn in one day is almost virtually impossible and it would take the people at quest at least 2 hours to figure out what vial needs to go with what. this would end up being about 27-30 vials of blood..
    You are right, that exactlty what it is, virtually impossible.

    That is why it is good practice to go to Quest with a script in hand (in afternoon hours, when traffic is slow) and
    have them prepare the paper work ahead of the time.
    Is is a breeze next day to just draw a blood.
  13. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    You are right, that exactlty what it is, virtually impossible.

    That is why it is good practice to go to Quest with a script in hand (in afternoon hours, when traffic is slow) and
    have them prepare the paper work ahead of the time.
    Is is a breeze next day to just draw a blood.
    How many vials they take and is it over 2 days ?
  14. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    just ask quest for a release for to you provide your name and address and fax number. After a week call the lab customer service and see if they have test completed and have them fax the info to number provided or just tell your dr to call and they will fax info to them. My test where done in 7 days all of them and i was PISSED that i had to wait month for results !! My dr office was too freaken lazy to call..

    My freind had labs done by quest and had them in his mail box in 4 days !!
    My doctor and his nurses are dolls.
    I do not want any faxes.
    1. I do not have a fax
    2. faxes are poor quality
    3. nurses at my doctors office send me anythig they receive immediately, that is why I got about four letters with tests in them and no guarantiies, more may be comming.

    I would preffer some kind excel file so I could rearange the tests without having to re-type them.

    All this is about logistics, wich is really totally secondary in great scheme of things.

    Main thing is to have a cooperative doctor, that I have.

    Now I am waiting for a catalog from him from conference in Orlando FL that he attended. I will be able to order anything of intrest there, he will get it for me.

    On a way back home kiss and hug from the nurse to ease out any wrinkles.
  15. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My doctor an his nurses are dolls.
    I do not want any faxes.
    1. I do not have a fax
    2. faxes are poor quality
    3. nurses at my doctors office send me anythig they receive immediately, that is why I got about four letters with tests in them and no guarantiies, more may be comming.

    I would preffer some kind excel file so I could rearange the tests without having to re-type them.

    All this is about logistics, wich is really totally secondary in great scheme of things.

    Main thing is to have a cooperative doctor, that I have.

    Now I am waiting for a catalog from him from conference in Orlando FL that he attended. I will be able to order anything of intrest there, he will get it for me.

    On a way back home kiss and hug from the nurse to ease out any wrinkles.

    Well I am happy for you DON WONN
    You do sound like you have an excellent dr. Why don't you do the urine test by rhien
  16. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Well I am happy for you DON WONN
    You do sound like you have an excellent dr. Why don't you do the urine test by rhien
    It is in my cards, just latter.

    If possible I could use head start.

    I would appreciate if someone who has done this test post their complete proffessional interpretation.
    That interpretation is a part of the package when one does the test.
  17. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    It is in my cards, just latter.

    If possible I could use head start.

    I would appreciate if someone who has done this test post their complete proffessional interpretation.
    That interpretation is a part of the package when one does the test.
    If i remember right the dr must call the lab for interpretation. My freind will have his results tomorrow and be curious to see. His dr put him on androgel hes got thick skin and is 40% plus body fat with severe migraines. He took androgel and for one week his head aches were gone and then 2 weeks later they came back with a vengence. I told him it would only lower his testosterone and mostlikely raise estrogen LOL. He stopped the gel head aches went away go figure. If it was an estrogen,testosterone, or cortisol, thyroid problem we will know tommorrow
  18. New Member
    rfish1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    My E2 was 35 at quest. Not sure if that needs to be lowered or not.
  19. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rfish1966 View Post
    My E2 was 35 at quest. Not sure if that needs to be lowered or not.
    Look at it in relationshuip to total testosterone as well as free.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. quest is at it again
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:09 PM
  2. Bloodwork at quest
    By lboston in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 10:10 AM
  3. my quest for high school 1000 lb club! at 175 lbs.
    By 84bandit in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
  4. Bill for my blood test at Quest
    By JanSz in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. Correct Estradiol test for Quest Diagnostics?
    By Champ50 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in