Estradiol at Quest

wondering

Awards
Does anyone know the specific Estradiol test at Quest that I should run. I believe they have 3-4 different Estradiol tests. Free, Total and couple others. The actual Lab Number would be helpful, so I know I am getting the right one.

thanks

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know the specific Estradiol test at Quest that I should run. I believe they have 3-4 different Estradiol tests. Free, Total and couple others. The actual Lab Number would be helpful, so I know I am getting the right one.

thanks
Jansz will you do the honors :dance:

wondering

Awards
bump... help??

QUOTE=wondering;810543]Does anyone know the specific Estradiol test at Quest that I should run. I believe they have 3-4 different Estradiol tests. Free, Total and couple others. The actual Lab Number would be helpful, so I know I am getting the right one.

thanks[/QUOTE]

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Jansz will you do the honors :dance:
Names as they appear on my Quest diagnostic test.
IGF Binding protein-3
IGF-1
Aldosterone
Cortisol AM
Cortisol PM
DHEA sulfate
Prolactin
Prolactin
FSH
LH
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Estradiol
Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive
Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estrone,serum
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
Testosterone Bioavailable
SHBG
Albumin, serum

wondering

Awards
Thank you. I have the SHBG, T, Free T, thyroid, etc. tests all done. The E2 test was requested to be sent to Quest, but my lab never sent it.

So, I need to have blood drawn again. Should I rerun all the tests? Is there a benefit even though all my numbers looked good and E2 is the variable at this point. Should I have the blood drawn on the same day as last time. (morning before my next injection)

I have been on Test Cyp for little over 5 months and have improved mentally, but not sexually.

Names as they appear on my Quest diagnostic test.
IGF Binding protein-3
IGF-1
Aldosterone
Cortisol AM
Cortisol PM
DHEA sulfate
Prolactin
Prolactin
FSH
LH
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Estradiol
Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estrone,serum
Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
SHBG
Albumin, serum

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. I have the SHBG, T, Free T, thyroid, etc. tests all done. The E2 test was requested to be sent to Quest, but my lab never sent it.

So, I need to have blood drawn again. Should I rerun all the tests? Is there a benefit even though all my numbers looked good and E2 is the variable at this point. Should I have the blood drawn on the same day as last time. (morning before my next injection)

I have been on Test Cyp for little over 5 months and have improved mentally, but not sexually.
usually 48 hours after to get peak and day of injection to get the trough. Most guys try to hit it on the low end to get Drs to prescribe more but a peak will show where your highest estrogens are ..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

How about I give you my complete list and you figure out the benefits.

Blood draw 4/13/2007 Quest Diagnostics

Calcium
Carbon dioxide
Chloride
Copper, serum
Ferritin
Magnesium
Potasium
Selenium
Sodium
Zinc
Alkaline phosphase
ALT
AST
BUN/creatinine ratio
Creatinine
Globulin, calculated
Protein Total
Urea nitrogen
Bilirubin, Total
Bilirubin, Direct
EGFR non afr american
RPR W/Titer & Conf RFX RPR screen
C-reactive protein CRP
Fibrinogen
Hematocrit
Hemoglobin A1C
Homocysteine, cardio
Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
Folate, Serum
Folate, Serum
Cholesterol, Total
HDL cholesterol
cholesterol/HDL ratio
LDL chol, calculated
Triglycirides
VLDL
Vitamin A
Vitamin B12, serum
Vitamin D, 25-OH, Total
Vitamin D, 25-OH, D3
Vitamin D, 25-OH, D2
T3 Free
T3 uptake
T3,Total
T4,Free
T4,Total
TSH
Glucose, Fasting
Glucose, fasting
Insuline, serum
PSA, Total
PSA, Total
PSA, %, free
IGF Binding protein-3
IGF-1
Aldosterone
Cortisol AM
Cortisol PM
DHEA sulfate
Prolactin
Prolactin
FSH
LH
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Estradiol
Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estrone,serum
Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
SHBG
Albumin, serum
Testosterone Total
Testosterone, %Free
Testosterone, Free
SHBG
Albumin
Dihydrotestosterone DHT
-------------------------------
for more complete test add
renin

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Quest is, IMPO, the best in the land. BTW, I prefer not to use LabCorp.

Quest assays must be sent to the Nichols Institute. Their "Extraction Method" for Estradiol is the one. They also have a "Free Estradiol" os great interest. And the SHBG tends to be unreliable, so have your Bioavailable Testosterone done there, too, so it will include their good SHBG.

All Quest draw points send these assay samples to Nichols.
To make maters as simple as possible by no more than that,
I think it is the best to go to Quest patients centers and have blood drawn there.
-----
Funny you have mentioned SHBG.
Mine they did twice. Also twice Albumin.
Once (the right way) with (Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot)

SHBG - 20 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
Albumin, serum - 4.3 g/dL ( 3.6-5.1 )

Then as separate tests.
SHBG - 24 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
Albumin - 4.6 g/dL ( 3.2-4.6 )
=================================================
And they used blood drawn at the same time, so the differences are in the testing method.
====================================================
Is there a way to get results electronic way, e-mail letter or preferably excel spreadsheet?
I got mine as mess of a papers trickling down over three weeks with revisions etc,
real mess. Had to retype the mess from 24 pages of paper to get better picture.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
To make maters as simple as possible by no more than that,
I think it is the best to go to Quest patients centers and have blood drawn there.
-----
Funny you have mentioned SHBG.
Mine they did twice. Also twice Albumin.
Once (the right way) with (Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot)

SHBG - 20 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
Albumin, serum - 4.3 g/dL ( 3.6-5.1 )

Then as separate tests.
SHBG - 24 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
Albumin - 4.6 g/dL ( 3.2-4.6 )
=================================================
And they used blood drawn at the same time, so the differences are in the testing method.
====================================================
Is there a way to get results electronic way, e-mail letter or preferably excel spreadsheet?
I got mine as mess of a papers trickling down over three weeks with revisions etc,
real mess. Had to retype the mess from 24 pages of paper to get better picture.

just ask quest for a release for to you provide your name and address and fax number. After a week call the lab customer service and see if they have test completed and have them fax the info to number provided or just tell your dr to call and they will fax info to them. My test where done in 7 days all of them and i was PISSED that i had to wait month for results !! My dr office was too freaken lazy to call..

My freind had labs done by quest and had them in his mail box in 4 days !!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Quest is, IMPO, the best in the land. BTW, I prefer not to use LabCorp.

Quest assays must be sent to the Nichols Institute. Their "Extraction Method" for Estradiol is the one. They also have a "Free Estradiol" os great interest. And the SHBG tends to be unreliable, so have your Bioavailable Testosterone done there, too, so it will include their good SHBG.

All Quest draw points send these assay samples to Nichols.
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/EndoManual_3rdEd_2004.pdf

Page 63, Estradiol, Free (0.3-0.9)pg/mL
Page 62, Estradiol, bioavailable (37.5-73.4)pg/mL

I suspect that we shoud look at them similarly as FreeT and BAT, that is strive to keep them at the top range but not over it.

Corrections are welcome.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/EndoManual_3rdEd_2004.pdf

Page 63, Estradiol, Free (0.3-0.9)pg/mL
Page 62, Estradiol, bioavailable (37.5-73.4)pg/mL

I suspect that we shoud look at them similarly as FreeT and BAT, that is keep it at the top range but not over it.

Corrections are welcome.
To get this lab drawn in one day is almost virtually impossible and it would take the people at quest at least 2 hours to figure out what vial needs to go with what. this would end up being about 27-30 vials of blood..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
To get this lab drawn in one day is almost virtually impossible and it would take the people at quest at least 2 hours to figure out what vial needs to go with what. this would end up being about 27-30 vials of blood..
You are right, that exactlty what it is, virtually impossible.

That is why it is good practice to go to Quest with a script in hand (in afternoon hours, when traffic is slow) and
have them prepare the paper work ahead of the time.
Is is a breeze next day to just draw a blood.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
You are right, that exactlty what it is, virtually impossible.

That is why it is good practice to go to Quest with a script in hand (in afternoon hours, when traffic is slow) and
have them prepare the paper work ahead of the time.
Is is a breeze next day to just draw a blood.
How many vials they take and is it over 2 days ?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
just ask quest for a release for to you provide your name and address and fax number. After a week call the lab customer service and see if they have test completed and have them fax the info to number provided or just tell your dr to call and they will fax info to them. My test where done in 7 days all of them and i was PISSED that i had to wait month for results !! My dr office was too freaken lazy to call..

My freind had labs done by quest and had them in his mail box in 4 days !!
My doctor and his nurses are dolls.
I do not want any faxes.
1. I do not have a fax
2. faxes are poor quality
3. nurses at my doctors office send me anythig they receive immediately, that is why I got about four letters with tests in them and no guarantiies, more may be comming.

I would preffer some kind excel file so I could rearange the tests without having to re-type them.

All this is about logistics, wich is really totally secondary in great scheme of things.

Main thing is to have a cooperative doctor, that I have.

Now I am waiting for a catalog from him from conference in Orlando FL that he attended. I will be able to order anything of intrest there, he will get it for me.

On a way back home kiss and hug from the nurse to ease out any wrinkles.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
My doctor an his nurses are dolls.
I do not want any faxes.
1. I do not have a fax
2. faxes are poor quality
3. nurses at my doctors office send me anythig they receive immediately, that is why I got about four letters with tests in them and no guarantiies, more may be comming.

I would preffer some kind excel file so I could rearange the tests without having to re-type them.

All this is about logistics, wich is really totally secondary in great scheme of things.

Main thing is to have a cooperative doctor, that I have.

Now I am waiting for a catalog from him from conference in Orlando FL that he attended. I will be able to order anything of intrest there, he will get it for me.

On a way back home kiss and hug from the nurse to ease out any wrinkles.

Well I am happy for you DON WONN :rofl:
You do sound like you have an excellent dr. Why don't you do the urine test by rhien

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Well I am happy for you DON WONN :rofl:
You do sound like you have an excellent dr. Why don't you do the urine test by rhien
It is in my cards, just latter.

If possible I could use head start.

I would appreciate if someone who has done this test post their complete proffessional interpretation.
That interpretation is a part of the package when one does the test.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
It is in my cards, just latter.

If possible I could use head start.

I would appreciate if someone who has done this test post their complete proffessional interpretation.
That interpretation is a part of the package when one does the test.
If i remember right the dr must call the lab for interpretation. My freind will have his results tomorrow and be curious to see. His dr put him on androgel hes got thick skin and is 40% plus body fat with severe migraines. He took androgel and for one week his head aches were gone and then 2 weeks later they came back with a vengence. I told him it would only lower his testosterone and mostlikely raise estrogen LOL. He stopped the gel head aches went away go figure. If it was an estrogen,testosterone, or cortisol, thyroid problem we will know tommorrow :)

rfish1966

Awards
My E2 was 35 at quest. Not sure if that needs to be lowered or not.