My first labs - AnabolicMinds.com

My first labs

  1. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    128

    Post My first labs


    I just got my lab results back from LEF/Labcorp. I did the exhaustive male panel...but from further reading it appears I should have done more and gotten the thyroid panel.

    I started investigating in hormonal issues after realizing I have been extremely tired and irritable lately. Over the past year I have gained weight...and the libido has dropped significantly. Vicious cycle.

    Here are my results:
    Lipids
    Total Cholest: 240 (100-199)
    Trigl: 103 (0-149)
    HDL: 38 (40-59)
    LDL: 181 (0-99)

    Chemistries (there are many more but I am not sure which ones are meaningful)
    Glucose: 99 (65-99)
    Uric Acid: 5.8 (2.4-8.2)
    Creatinine: .9 (.5-1.5)
    Sodium: 141 (135-148)
    Protein: 7.5 (6-8.5)
    Albumin: 4.6 (3.5-5.5)
    Globulin: 2.9 (1.5-4.5)

    Homocysteine: 7 (5-12)
    Prostate-Specific AG .3 (0-4)
    Free Testosterone 11.6 (8.7-25.1)
    DHEA: 274 (120-520)
    Estradiol: 22 (0-53)

    C-Reactive Protein 1.94 (0-3)

    WBC 7.1 (4-10.5)
    RBC 5.1 (4.1-5.6)
    Hemoglobin 15.2 (12.5-17.0)

    Hematocrit 45% (36%-50%)

    Testosterone Serum 421 (241-827)

    The cholesterol numbers are terrible I know (runs in the family and I need to do better there). Are the test numbers inline for a 30 year old?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by rightship3; 05-07-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Added a few more results

  2. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    323

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    I just got my lab results back from LEF/Labcorp. I did the exhaustive male panel...but from further reading it appears I should have done more and gotten the thyroid panel.

    I started investigating in hormonal issues after realizing I have been extremely tired and irritable lately. Over the past year I have gained weight...and the libido has dropped significantly. Vicious cycle.

    Here are my results:
    Lipids
    Total Cholest: 240 (100-199)
    Trigl: 103 (0-149)
    HDL: 38 (40-59)
    LDL: 181 (0-99)

    Chemistries (there are many more but I am not sure which ones are meaningful)
    Glucose: 99 (65-99)
    Uric Acid: 5.8 (2.4-8.2)
    Creatinine: .9 (.5-1.5)
    Sodium: 141 (135-148)
    Protein: 7.5 (6-8.5)
    Albumin: 4.6 (3.5-5.5)
    Globulin: 2.9 (1.5-4.5)

    Homocysteine: 7 (5-12)
    Prostate-Specific AG .3 (0-4)
    Free Testosterone 11.6 (8.7-25.1)
    DHEA: 274 (120-520)
    Estradiol: 22 (0-53)

    C-Reactive Protein 1.94 (0-3)

    WBC 7.1 (4-10.5)
    RBC 5.1 (4.1-5.6)
    Hemoglobin 15.2 (12.5-17.0)

    Hematocrit 45% (36%-50%)

    Testosterone Serum 421 (241-827)

    The cholesterol numbers are terrible I know (runs in the family and I need to do better there). Are the test numbers inline for a 30 year old?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    I'm no expert, but here are my thoughts based solely on my own test results.

    Your Estradiol is fine at 22pg/dl. Your Total Test is too low and your Free Test is also too low, especially for someone as young as you. The one thing that is missing is your LH and FSH readings. Those readings will give a bigger picture of what is going on. If they are low, you may have a pitutary problem. If they are normal or even high, you may have other problems.

    I would get those done as well and then seek some professional help with someone that knows HRT.

  3. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2414

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    I just got my lab results back from LEF/Labcorp. I did the exhaustive male panel...but from further reading it appears I should have done more and gotten the thyroid panel.

    I started investigating in hormonal issues after realizing I have been extremely tired and irritable lately. Over the past year I have gained weight...and the libido has dropped significantly. Vicious cycle.

    Here are my results:
    Lipids
    Total Cholest: 240 (100-199)Get Red Yeast Rice from NowFoods and CQ10 from LEF
    Trigl: 103 (0-149)
    HDL: 38 (40-59)
    LDL: 181 (0-99)

    Chemistries (there are many more but I am not sure which ones are meaningful)
    Glucose: 99 (65-99)mine is there too, what to do??, test hemoglobin A1C, eat chromium, cinnamon, what else, help
    Uric Acid: 5.8 (2.4-8.2)
    Creatinine: .9 (.5-1.5)
    Sodium: 141 (135-148)
    Protein: 7.5 (6-8.5)
    Albumin: 4.6 (3.5-5.5)
    Globulin: 2.9 (1.5-4.5)

    Homocysteine: 7 (5-12) try to get it under 6.3 ( B12,B6, folic acid,trimethylglycine or product item #800 from LEF)
    Prostate-Specific AG .3 (0-4)
    Free Testosterone 11.6 (8.7-25.1)
    DHEA: 274 (120-520)
    Estradiol: 22 (0-53)

    C-Reactive Protein 1.94 (0-3)your CRP is high,
    < 0.5 mg/L (men), <1.5women(fish oil, L-carnitine,soluble fiber before meals)


    WBC 7.1 (4-10.5)
    RBC 5.1 (4.1-5.6)
    Hemoglobin 15.2 (12.5-17.0)

    Hematocrit 45% (36%-50%)

    Testosterone Serum 421 (241-827)

    The cholesterol numbers are terrible I know (runs in the family and I need to do better there). Are the test numbers inline for a 30 year old?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    We already know you Total T is low. When you are going to check it next time get (TotalT, SHBG and Albumin in one draw, so we can calculate your Freet and bioavailableT).

    Get LH, FSH, prolactin, progesterone, pregnenolone
    get FreeT3, FreeT4, cortisolAM/PM
    get insuline, Fibrinogen, hemoglobin A1C

    Before you are starting any supplements do the above tests to see where are your
    Adrenals
    thyroid
    pituitary
    -----------------------
    I have a long list of tests that I post frequently, if you want I can post it again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Most of your risk factors are over border line.

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    128

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    We already know you Total T is low. When you are going to check it next time get (TotalT, SHBG and Albumin in one draw, so we can calculate your Freet and bioavailableT).

    Get LH, FSH, prolactin, progesterone, pregnenolone
    get FreeT3, FreeT4, cortisolAM/PM
    get insuline, Fibrinogen

    Before you are starting any supplements do the above tests to see where are your
    Adrenals
    thyroid
    pituitary
    -----------------------
    I have a long list of tests that I post frequently, if you want I can post it again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Most of your risk factors are over border line.
    Is there a comprehensive panel at LEF that has all of this, or should I look elsewhere?

    BTW: so what does it mean if my glucose is at the very top of the reference range? I presume that is bad, but what kinds of complications does it present?

  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2414

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    Is there a comprehensive panel at LEF that has all of this, or should I look elsewhere?

    BTW: so what does it mean if my glucose is at the very top of the reference range? I presume that is bad, but what kinds of complications does it present?
    I was editing my post as you posted, please recheck it.
    If you want to, print my list and talk to LEF advisor how to pick the tests.
    Study LEF protocols, they give good advice on how to take corrective action.
    Recently I lowered my cholesterol from 230 to 153 using Red Yeast Rice, I was impressed. It adjusted all componnents.

    Le Magazine, May 2006 - Report: The 10 Most Important Blood Tests

  6. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    128

    Following up on my earlier post...here are my results for a just completed thyroid panel. Looks problematic to me.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    TSH – 2.492 (.350 – 5.500)
    T4 7.4 (4.5-12.0)
    T3– Free – Serum 3.5 (2.3-4.2)
    FSH & LH 1.5 (1.5-9.3)
    FSH 1.2 (1.4-18.1)
    SHGB – 20 (13-71)
    Last edited by rightship3; 05-17-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo

  7. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1160

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    Following up on my earlier post...here are my results for a just completed thyroid panel. Looks problematic to me.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    TSH 2.492 (.350 5.500)
    T4 7.4 (4.5-12.0)
    T3 Free Serum 3.5 (2.3-4.2)
    FSH & LH 1.5 (1.5-9.3)
    FSH 1.2 (1.4-18.1)
    SHGB 20 (13-71)
    excesive insulin could be contributing factor, possible loose weight and balanced diet and some time to your self all you may need. glucose tolerance test 2 hours will answer blood sugar problem. 24 hour cortisol urine or cortisol testing would be my next step..

  8. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    128

    Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    excesive insulin could be contributing factor, possible loose weight and balanced diet and some time to your self all you may need. glucose tolerance test 2 hours will answer blood sugar problem. 24 hour cortisol urine or cortisol testing would be my next step..
    I think I see where you are going, and yes I have been under a more than usual amount of stress lately (although my symptoms started well before the increase in stress).


    Looking at these thyroid numbers:
    TSH is high (at least according to LEF Optimal)
    T4 is good
    T3 is good
    FSH & LH is way low
    FSH is way low (outside the range altogether)
    SHGB - appears to be okay...

    Please keep in mind I am new to this stuff so if I seem ignorant it's because I am.

    So stress can cause fluctuations in cortisol?
    Can cortisol influence these out of range thyroid results?

  9. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1160

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post


    I think I see where you are going, and yes I have been under a more than usual amount of stress lately (although my symptoms started well before the increase in stress).


    Looking at these thyroid numbers:
    TSH is high (at least according to LEF Optimal)
    T4 is good
    T3 is good
    FSH & LH is way low
    FSH is way low (outside the range altogether)
    SHGB - appears to be okay...

    Please keep in mind I am new to this stuff so if I seem ignorant it's because I am.

    So stress can cause fluctuations in cortisol?
    Can cortisol influence these out of range thyroid results?
    After night before i goto bed I turn of computer at 7 pm do what i have to do then I let my mind settle down. you mind is probably racing. after watching TV or reading a book a just turn out all lights and listen to my relaxation tape for 20-30 minutes. before relaxation tapes I take 50 mgs zinc, 600 mgs magnesium and 50 mgs P5P with probiotic tyrosine, 200 mgs 5 htp, and out like a light.. Sleep straight throug wake up refreshed every morning.

    moral of story
    1. get body back in circaden pattern up at sun relax at dark
    2 relimate electromagetic fields turn off all lights, cell phones (not in the same room as bed) , computers, alarm clocks (10-15 ft from bed) sleep away from electrical sockets. When i start to ask questions alot of people tell me a computer is right near there bed. After I tell them to remove it or unplugg they feel 100% better in a matter of a few weeks. My girlfreind was having severe head aches and drs could not expalin why she was constantly on cell phone so to solve the problem I had her get a shield that reduces the electrocal fields generated by the phone. She put it on the phone and ask why and I told her i though it was cool looking. She put it on her phone and 2 weeks later I asked her about her head aches. She was like i have not had any for 2 weeks.. I just smiled and I told her "my point was made" she was like what did you do . I explained to her about what the sticker really did and did not want to tell her because I did not want it to be a psychomatic response.

  10. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    285

    i wonder how harmful it is to stair into a monitor all day or even sitting for long periods of time

  11. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1160

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    i wonder how harmful it is to stair into a monitor all day or even sitting for long periods of time
    provided you barely get out side and get sunlight to reset biorythmes NOT GOOD and then stare at it all night long (most people do) lowers melatonin increaess cortisol levels and hormones can not ever balance out puts extra stress on Hypothalamus. The vicious cycle begins ..with out melatonin your estrogen metabolism gets altered and opens up door to cancer and other diseases,

  12. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    285

    well i must admit i do have an addiction to the internet, although its more of a research addidtion, constantly looking up information on health and food. Plus with my hormonal problem (No energy) its very nice to sit all day and search the net.

    I do try to lay out in the sun for about 1 hour and lately i been trying to walk 2-4 miles in the park. I do work part time at physical demanding job.

  13. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    128

    Just had an appt with my physician to discuss my lab results. It didn't go to well, as she was convinced that everything in my labs were 'within the normal range'. Despite my continued efforts to talk about 'optimal ranges' and subjective evidence (how I feel) she finally concluded that 'the way we practice medicine these numbers do not indicate anything that needs attention". She was convinced that my stress level needs to be reduced and I should do more aerobic exercise....that's it.

    Finally I asked for a second opinion in interpreting the labs and for more exhaustive analysis...and got a referral to an Endo.

    One more thing (this is funny). She kept saying that it did not make sense to test LH and FSH (mine were rock bottom) in men as that is only something women are tested for.

    Do any of you have Endo's in central Florida that you would recommend?

  14. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    323

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    One more thing (this is funny). She kept saying that it did not make sense to test LH and FSH (mine were rock bottom) in men as that is only something women are tested for.

    Do any of you have Endo's in central Florida that you would recommend?
    Then IMO she isn't very well versed in hormones and the HPTA of men. Ask her if she knows what LH and FSH is and what are those hormones used for in the male body.

    I don't think you would do very well with an Endo. I would suggest google for an Anti-Aging Dr in Florida. Even better, if you can afford it, make an appoint with Dr John here on this forum.

  15. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    128

    Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter View Post
    Then IMO she isn't very well versed in hormones and the HPTA of men. Ask her if she knows what LH and FSH is and what are those hormones used for in the male body.

    I don't think you would do very well with an Endo. I would suggest google for an Anti-Aging Dr in Florida. Even better, if you can afford it, make an appoint with Dr John here on this forum.
    I may very well go the route you recommend, as my insurance provider only has a list of 8 Endo's in central Florida (Orlando) to choose from.

  16. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    128

    Appointment with Dr Crisler has been made. After much thought I decided against the Endo route and decided this was the right decision. Can't wait....

  17. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    323

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    Appointment with Dr Crisler has been made. After much thought I decided against the Endo route and decided this was the right decision. Can't wait....
    Cool beans! I see him next week! Can hardly wait to get started with what is doing this to me!

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Alpha lab kit as my first cycle, BF% pre cycle?
    By Got2bStrong in forum Forerunner Labs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 01:54 AM
  2. Just Placed My First Order For Controlled Labs Products!!!
    By SoCo4Fun in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
  3. READ AND DESTROY! (My first cycle plans inside)
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 10:50 AM
  4. Its that time again; my first real cycle
    By Bean in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 03:26 PM
  5. My first cycle ever, asking for expertise
    By baham99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in