My First HRT Dr. Visit!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.16%

My First HRT Dr. Visit!

I just got back from my first Dr. visit and I am excited. She is very open minded and seems like an awesome doctor! I gave her Dr. John's HCG and TRT papers as she is looking to learn more about treating men.
    We are going to start with thyroid first, I'm also starting dhea sustained release and melatonin for sleep. Once we get thyroid stable and get me sleeping better we'll look at TRT.

She uses a compounding pharmacy usually, although she is fine with standard androgel and armour but my question is is compounding better? What are the advantages? My insurance probably wouldn't pay for compounding though but is it worth it?

Janz, I read that you use compounding and it is cheap? She would do compounded thyroid and T.

I like my 100mg/1g Tcream from compounding pharmacy. Very inexpensive.

I will have upcoming labs to post soon!

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aculpep View Post
    I just got back from my first Dr. visit and I am excited. She is very open minded and seems like an awesome doctor! I gave her Dr. John's HCG and TRT papers as she is looking to learn more about treating men.
    We are going to start with thyroid first, I'm also starting dhea sustained release and melatonin for sleep. Once we get thyroid stable and get me sleeping better we'll look at TRT.

She uses a compounding pharmacy usually, although she is fine with standard androgel and armour but my question is is compounding better? What are the advantages? My insurance probably wouldn't pay for compounding though but is it worth it?

Janz, I read that you use compounding and it is cheap? She would do compounded thyroid and T.

I like my 100mg/1g Tcream from compounding pharmacy. Very inexpensive.

I will have upcoming labs to post soon!
    My next cream (per 1gram):
    50mg Test
    50mg pregnenolone
    100mg DHEA
    50mg Chrysin
    I will use about 3-4 grams/day, about $2/day.

actualy I am hesitating, specially with DHEA, my blood test (is coming on piece meal basis) DHEA came very high.
    This is some kind of a break thru for me. I am using 300mg/day DHEA for long time and always my blood results were in the middle of range.
    I wonder if that is not due to pregnenolone cream that I started recently, 100mg/1gram, use 1gram/day.

You can ask her what ingredients she could put in the compounded cream, that would benefit you, resveratol would be nice, but my pharmacy do not have it.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.16%

JanSz,

Ok now I'm confused. ALL that in one cream? For only $2 a day? I thought T like androgel was super expensive but you can get it in a compound cream with everything for that price? Any reason to use androgel over a compounded cream? What does pregnelone do for you?

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    50mg Test
    50mg pregnenolone
    100mg DHEA
    50mg Chrysin

actualy I am hesitating, specially with DHEA, my blood test (is coming on piece meal basis) DHEA came very high.
    This is some kind of a break thru for me. I am using 300mg/day DHEA for long time and always my blood results were in the middle of range.
    I wonder if that is not due to pregnenolone cream that I started recently, 100mg/1gram, use 1gram/day.

You can ask her what ingredients she could put in the compounded cream, that would benefit you.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.67%

Quote Originally Posted by aculpep View Post
    JanSz,

Ok now I'm confused. ALL that in one cream? For only $2 a day? I thought T like androgel was super expensive but you can get it in a compound cream with everything for that price? Any reason to use androgel over a compounded cream? What does pregnelone do for you?
    Androgel is totaly overpriced.
    I have prescription plan that pays for Androgel.
    My deductible was higher than outright price for the cream.
    I used Androgel for three years. I was stuck with my doctor.
    He is really nice guy and told me to find sombody else because TRT is not his thing. I know him since 1976.
    Now I have found another doctor. Hi do not know about TRT but is learning. I am teling him all I know. Also about the health conference. He went there on my sugestion. He was supposed to bring me some material from that conference, will se if he delivers. In any case by now he must know something new, he was supposed to attend Dr Shippens workshop. Bad that Dr John did not give his presentation on Estrogen management, that is important topic.

I was low on pregnenolone on my last blood test, when I got new doc, I asked for script for pregnenolone cream.
    I am trying now to mix in more of good ingredients.
    Just wonder what and in what amounts.
    --------------------------------
    This compounding pharmacy is sponsoring this board.
    McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Website
    wonder what they can do?
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

50mg Test
    50mg pregnenolone
    100mg DHEA
    50mg Chrysin

You can ask her what ingredients she could put in the compounded cream, that would benefit you, resveratol would be nice, but my pharmacy do not have it.

Pregnenolone will cause DHEA to go up JansZ! Pregnenolone, especially in a TD, will break down into 17a-Hydroxypregnenolone, which is the major precursor of DHEA. -

Remember, to much DHEA will aromitize into E. So you might want to reorder that cream without DHEA in it.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.67%

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Pregnenolone will cause DHEA to go up JansZ! Pregnenolone, especially in a TD, will break down into 17a-Hydroxypregnenolone, which is the major precursor of DHEA. -

Remember, to much DHEA will aromitize into E. So you might want to reorder that cream without DHEA in it.
    I did not order anything yet.
    I do not have complete blood test yet.
    I hope to get discussion on what cream to make.
    I do not have my pregnenolone levels yet.
    I have a DHEA
    DHEA sulfate 306 mcg/dL (25-95)
    It is very high, it looks different than previously reported by LabCorp.
    For years I was not able to raise my DHEA, so I was using over 350mg DHEA in pills.
    Now now I added pregnenolone cream and my DHEA skyroceted.
    Last couple days I used only one pill of of DHEA (100mg) and two pills of LEF (DHEA complete), that is 50mg DHEA plus other stuff.
    I will probably stay with just DHEA complete now.
    Good question, how much DHEA to put in my designer cream?
    --------
    I talked with the compounding pharmacy that supports this site,
    they do not have a licence to ship to NJ
    but very nice service and advice.

---------------
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I did not order anything yet.
    I do not have complete blood test yet.
    I hope to get discussion on what cream to make.
    I do not have my pregnenolone levels yet.
    I have a DHEA
    DHEA sulfate 306 mcg/dL (25-95)
    It is very high, it looks different than previously reported by LabCorp.
    For years I was not able to raise my DHEA, so I was using over 350mg DHEA in pills.
    Now now I added pregnenolone cream and my DHEA skyroceted.
    Last couple days I used only one pill of of DHEA (100mg) and two pills of LEF (DHEA complete), that is 50mg DHEA plus other stuff.
    I will probably stay with just DHEA complete now.
    Good question, how much DHEA to put in my designer cream?
    --------
    I talked with the compounding pharmacy that supports this site,
    they do not have a licence to ship to NJ
    but very nice service and advice.

---------------

Oral DHEA does not absorb very well. Its no suprise to me that your DHEA never went up until you started using something transdermally. Now your basically taking your DHEA transdermally threw pregnenolone.

I would quit the oral DHEA and stick with the pregnenolone, see where you stand next blood draw. You might not even need to take DHEA in your cream.
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.67%

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Oral DHEA does not absorb very well. Its no suprise to me that your DHEA never went up until you started using something transdermally. Now your basically taking your DHEA transdermally threw pregnenolone.

I would quit the oral DHEA and stick with the pregnenolone, see where you stand next blood draw. You might not even need to take DHEA in your cream.
    This may be a good advice, I keep that in mind (bookmark).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 09:24 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
  3. READ AND DESTROY! (My first cycle plans inside)
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 12:50 PM
  4. Its that time again; my first real cycle
    By Bean in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 05:26 PM
  5. My first cycle ever, asking for expertise
    By baham99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 11:41 PM