When to retest? - AnabolicMinds.com

When to retest?

1. New Member

When to retest?

I started TRT with test cyp inj 3x weekly and hcg twice weekly about 1 month ago. I know I've seen threads about when to retest but I could not find them. Any advice on when to retest in terms of how many weeks after starting, as well as how long after an injection. I'm fairly certain the consensus I saw before was 5 to 6 weeks, but I don't recall anything about how soon after an injection. My schedule is as follows:
    Sun test inj
    Mon hcg inj
    Tues test inj
    Wed none
    Thurs hcg
    Fri test
    Sat none

2. New Member

In the past my DHT was borderline high even with less than ideal testosterone level, so I was concerned with using topicals. Also, with two young children and a wife I had some concerns about transfer from topical. I am a pharmacist and have unfortunately seen a few pts have problems with that (though likely it was their own carelessness I'm sure). From what I read here and on another forum, the 2 to 3 times weekly injections schedule seems to produce the most steady levels while minimizing estradiol conversion. Any thoughts on retesting?
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RPHMark View Post
    In the past my DHT was borderline high even with less than ideal testosterone level, so I was concerned with using topicals. Also, with two young children and a wife I had some concerns about transfer from topical. I am a pharmacist and have unfortunately seen a few pts have problems with that (though likely it was their own carelessness I'm sure). From what I read here and on another forum, the 2 to 3 times weekly injections schedule seems to produce the most steady levels while minimizing estradiol conversion. Any thoughts on retesting?
    Estrodial conversion has many factors that need to be examined one thing may work for some one else it may not work for you.. Need to look at liver detoxifcation ability, nutrtional evaluations ,aromatase activity , estrogen metabolism good:bad ratio and also if you do not reabsorb it back into the system and over burden the liver which becomes a vicious cycle..
    •   

4. Professional Member

Do you have any starting blood tests?
    Post them with units and ranges.
    The first effort usually is to stay away from Testosterone.
    Fixing adrenals, thyroid, estrogen sometime is all that is need.
    At some point you may want to consider urine test to find out your 2/16 estrone ratio so you can work on it if need be.
    Retesting in 6-8 weeks should work fine.
    I have a nice long list for testing that I post from time to time,
    if you want I can repost it.

I have a infant grandson.
    I use 100mg/1gram Tcream 1gram/day and
    100mg/1gram pregnenolone cream 1gram/day
    I put it on my calfs and rub the calfs against each other.
    20 min latter I put a pants on.
  5. New Member

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the tests with me, but my tsh, t3 and t4, and cortisol all look good (roughly middle of norms). Total testosterone was 310 (at that time shbg and estradiol were not done). For background, I have lost 50 lbs over the last 7 months and now work out hard 5 days per week, and eat a very clean diet. I really feel like the 310 was probably up due to the changes I made and how I felt, but I had a strong feeling my Testosterone was low due to low libido and lack of results from weightlifing. I like the tip about applying to the calves, good idea. Any thoughts on what day and/or how long after a shot I should test?
  6. Professional Member

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the tests with me, but my tsh, t3 and t4, and cortisol all look good (roughly middle of norms). Total testosterone was 310 (at that time shbg and estradiol were not done). For background, I have lost 50 lbs over the last 7 months and now work out hard 5 days per week, and eat a very clean diet. I really feel like the 310 was probably up due to the changes I made and how I felt, but I had a strong feeling my Testosterone was low due to low libido and lack of results from weightlifing. I like the tip about applying to the calves, good idea. Any thoughts on what day and/or how long after a shot I should test?
    You are going to get different opinions, but here is mine:
    do the blood draw for test on the day you shoud have your T shot.
    Do the blood draw before the T shot.

T3 and T4 do not mean that much.
    Do
    FreeT3
    FreeT4
  7. New Member

Thanks again. With this schedule that is what I was thinking.
  8. Senior Member

Thanks again. With this schedule that is what I was thinking.
    Well I have been doing my T shots every 3 days doing 50mgs of 200mgs/ml or .25mls of Depo T and I do 250 IU's of HCG the days each in between. So I shoot everyday I stated doing this 1.5 yrs ago when I read Dr. Shippen was doing this to keep leveled and to keep E2 down. The only difference is he is doing this subQ with a small needle. I do mine into my thigh using a small 27g 1ml x 1/2" lg. needle. It's not so bad shooting everyday using a small needle like this and it is keeping my E2 down. Before starting this I was doing 150mgs of depo T a week and the 5th and 6th days each after the T shot doing 250 IU's of HCG. My E2 was a big problem I needed to take 1mg. of Arimidex everyday on this. Now doing shots every 3 days I only need .5mg of Arimidex every other day.
  9. New Member

Same here. Use a 1/2" needle, 27G in the thigh, no big deal to inject more often. I have to believe it keeps the estrogen level down more, while also having less of an up and down feeling.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. When to start 6-OXO after 4wk T-1Pro?
    By Beefy6969 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 01:15 PM
  2. when to take 6oxo
    By athlete in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 02:38 PM
  3. when to start post cycle if you are using 4ad cyp?
    By goes4ever in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 12:12 PM
  4. when to come off
    By jjordan in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 09:24 PM
  5. When to start
    By DreamWeaver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 11:31 AM