Dr. John Estrogen metabolism

  1. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Dr. John Estrogen metabolism


    Dr john I was wondering if a person has altered estrogen metabolism for what ever reason and has skewed good:bad ratio according to tests. COuld this possible cauise the body to send back a negative feed back loop to pituitary to reduce LH and lower testosterone production?

  2. New Member
    anyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    47.76%

    I echo this question- An interesting hypothesis.


    Anyone out there have an idea? Anyone? Bueller?
  3. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Good question.
    Deserves to be answeded by Dr John
    Proper estrogen management is long overdue education that many of us desperately need.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    324
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    76.16%

    Excellent question. And if I could add one to that, what part do estrogen levels play in managing joint pain? My knees and elbows at times wake me up at night, they hurt so bad. Could my estrogen levels be the cause, and if so, does it mean they are high or low?
  5. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Good question.
    Deserves to be answeded by Dr John
    Proper estrogen management is long overdue education that many of us desperately need.

    My hypothesis would be that altered estrogen metabolism would act similar to e2 maybe not as strongly but it could possible lower LH since the estrogen to testosterone ratio is altered. i can see the reasoning behind the free testosterone, but could it be such a factor that it can also lower LH as well and total T
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    My hypothesis would be that altered estrogen metabolism would act similar to e2 maybe not as strongly but it could possible lower LH since the estrogen to testosterone ratio is altered. i can see the reasoning behind the free testosterone, but could it be such a factor that it can also lower LH as well and total T
    You are not a doctor, qualified doctor need to help us.
    It is too important subject to leave it to a guess by lay person.
  7. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    You are not a doctor, qualified doctor need to help us.
    It is too important subject to leave it to a guess by lay person.

    I have been pondering this question for several months ~~
  8. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter View Post
    Excellent question. And if I could add one to that, what part do estrogen levels play in managing joint pain? My knees and elbows at times wake me up at night, they hurt so bad. Could my estrogen levels be the cause, and if so, does it mean they are high or low?
    Mid to High E2
    1. ED
    2. No morning erections
    3. anxiety
    4. Weight gain around chest/mid section
    5. Water retention
    6. Low T(clogs receptors) and symptoms that goes with

    Very High E2
    1. All above
    2. Gyno
    3. Menopause like symptoms(fush face, hot flashes)

    Low E2
    1. All of mid to high symptoms
    2. Joint Pain
    3. Other symptoms similar to low T(lethargic)

    Very Low E2
    1. Compromised Cardiovascular/Endothelial function

    Off the top of my head here fellas
  9. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Joint pain can be an issue with low GH as well
  10. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Joint pain can be an issue with low GH as well
    Or elevated too

    Question is that "will total estrogens in raltionship to testosterone cause same symptoms of high e2 aka clogged steroid receptors, Lh inhibition, ect.."
  11. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Or elevated too

    Question is that "will total estrogens in raltionship to testosterone cause same symptoms of high e2 aka clogged steroid receptors, Lh inhibition, ect.."
    Ooooo, thats a good one. Meaning will person A an E2 of 33 and a TT of only in the 300's exhibit some of the symptoms that person B with a healthy T level in the 5 to 6 hundreds but has elevated E2, say in the 50's?

    Me thinks that would be difficult to say, because person A has low T, and will exhibit the symptoms of low T, which are similar to symptoms of elevated E2

    Bottom line, we must work to keep things in balance.
  12. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Total estrogens is tricky. That is one I haven't done alot of research on, because Ive focused mostly on E2. I will have to get back on you with that.
  13. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Ooooo, thats a good one. Meaning will person A an E2 of 33 and a TT of only in the 300's exhibit some of the symptoms that person B with a healthy T level in the 5 to 6 hundreds but has elevated E2, say in the 50's?

    Me thinks that would be difficult to say, because person A has low T, and will exhibit the symptoms of low T, which are similar to symptoms of elevated E2

    Bottom line, we must work to keep things in balance.
    Well kind of I mean if your have perfect e2 low normal test but your estrogen metabolism is altered elevated Bad: good ratio would this do the same thing as inhibiiting the LH. As you can see I love picking peoples brains ..

    Point being what is the consequences of altered estrogen metabolism on total testosterone and LH inhibitation
  14. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Mid to High E2
    1. ED
    2. No morning erections
    3. anxiety
    4. Weight gain around chest/mid section
    5. Water retention
    6. Low T(clogs receptors) and symptoms that goes with

    Very High E2
    1. All above
    2. Gyno
    3. Menopause like symptoms(fush face, hot flashes)

    Low E2
    1. All of mid to high symptoms
    2. Joint Pain
    3. Other symptoms similar to low T(lethargic)

    Very Low E2
    1. Compromised Cardiovascular/Endothelial function

    Off the top of my head here fellas
    Do not forget depression from altered serotonin and gaba metabolism and also brain fog for low and high, plus altered hypo or hyper methyation of the liver
  15. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Or elevated too

    Question is that "will total estrogens in raltionship to testosterone cause same symptoms of high e2 aka clogged steroid receptors, Lh inhibition, ect.."
    I don't think Ive ever heard of a individual without some sort of pituitary tumor/issue that had naturally high enough GH levels to cause the sides.

    Its usually in the guys overdosing it.
  16. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    I don't think Ive ever heard of a individual without some sort of pituitary tumor/issue that had naturally high enough GH levels to cause the sides.

    Its usually in the guys overdosing it.
    estrogen can also raise igf-1 levels. Why do you think igf=1 levels are elevated in cancer patients mainly breast and prostate :P
  17. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    estrogen can also raise igf-1 levels. Why do you think igf=1 levels are elevated in cancer patients mainly breast and prostate :P
    Wish it did that for me, as in my e2 is 43(10 - 50) and IGF-1 is 130. (126 - 3 hundred something, can't remember, most be the e2 mucking my brain up )

    Bottom line, its only teenagers or adults with health issues that are having GH side effects. Never heard of a healthy adult with such issues
    Last edited by plymouth city; 04-22-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: none
  18. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    324
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    76.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Mid to High E2
    1. ED
    2. No morning erections
    3. anxiety
    4. Weight gain around chest/mid section
    5. Water retention
    6. Low T(clogs receptors) and symptoms that goes with

    Very High E2
    1. All above
    2. Gyno
    3. Menopause like symptoms(fush face, hot flashes)

    Low E2
    1. All of mid to high symptoms
    2. Joint Pain
    3. Other symptoms similar to low T(lethargic)

    Very Low E2
    1. Compromised Cardiovascular/Endothelial function

    Off the top of my head here fellas

    Thanks! The joint pain has lessened, but I seem to be getting pissed off alot lately. My E2 at my last blood test was 37pg/dl (10-50 range) Not sure what is up with that. Lots to talk to Dr John about when I see him.
  19. Senior Member
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    362731
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

    What are some supplements, hormones, or natural ways to raise E2?
  20. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    What are some supplements, hormones, or natural ways to raise E2?
    alcohol, soy, flax seed oil, evening primose oil, get fat,
  21. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    265
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    64.34%

    For me it was pizza, beer and icecream. ENJOY!
  22. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    For me it was pizza, beer and icecream. ENJOY!
    Listen to some Bobby Marley, smoke a bigg fatty , :hot: would really crank it up nicely, But I would not advise it for other reasons
  23. Senior Member
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    362731
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    alcohol, soy, flax seed oil, evening primose oil, get fat,
    Reason being is that I am trying to link low E2 to "hard to c**" while on an AI.
  24. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Reason being is that I am trying to link low E2 to "hard to c**" while on an AI.
    Have you been tested though proper blood testing and cortisol 24 hour free test?
  25. Senior Member
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    362731
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

    Unfortunately I haven't and had not planned to but that would be ideal yes. I guess I should look at doing it in order to clear shot of what's going on. I am not lacking when when my body is free of any hormonal supps but my plan was to start on 6OXO soon stacked with DHEA. The issues I speak of were what I experienced in the past.
  26. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Unfortunately I haven't and had not planned to but that would be ideal yes. I guess I should look at doing it in order to clear shot of what's going on. I am not lacking when when my body is free of any hormonal supps but my plan was to start on 6OXO soon stacked with DHEA. The issues I speak of were what I experienced in the past.

    6 oxox is a suicide inhibior it will actually shut you down more..Look into nolvadex to try and restart HPTA.
  27. Senior Member
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    362731
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

    Oh, I thought an AI could restart your HPTA also following a lighter cycle say....or simply run it for it's testosterone enhancing effects....whatever the choice maybe...I have some Nolva on hand though.
  28. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    265
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    64.34%

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Reason being is that I am trying to link low E2 to "hard to c**" while on an AI.
    Well, in that case, you could reduce either the dose or the frequency of the AI. I would only do this if you have lab results showing your E2 is too low.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Dr. John... How about Soy milk for my 3year-old boy?
    By BigAk in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 04:36 PM
  2. Dr. John, HCG Q
    By Mess in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 01:06 PM
  3. Thyroid question for Dr. John
    By greatgro in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 09:24 AM
  4. Please Welcome - Dr. John
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 03:21 PM
  5. Please Welcome - Dr. John
    By David Dunn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in