Thanks Dr. John...my trip to Lansing

mikandrea

Awards
I just wanted to write a quick note on my experience travelling to Lansing to see Dr. John. I set up the appointment to see Dr. John after my GP backed out of treatment working with Dr. John as a consultant (and now refuses to even do the bloodwork). Despite the headaches this caused me, it was all eased after arriving in Lansing. Dr. John and Kim (his assistant) are great!!! For anyone thinking of making the trip...do it. Yes, you have the high cost of airfare, but it was the best Dr./patient visit I've had. He took the time to review everything and make sure that I was all set. After being on TRT for 5 months now, things are really starting to turn around (not perfect, but getting there). I know that without Dr. John's help, I'd still be lost in the system. If anyone has questions about the experience or just don't know if they want to make the trip, feel free to ask. I know I sound like a fanboy, but I couldn't be happier with the overall experience. Thanks again Dr. John.

Mike

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to write a quick note on my experience travelling to Lansing to see Dr. John. I set up the appointment to see Dr. John after my GP backed out of treatment working with Dr. John as a consultant (and now refuses to even do the bloodwork). Despite the headaches this caused me, it was all eased after arriving in Lansing. Dr. John and Kim (his assistant) are great!!! For anyone thinking of making the trip...do it. Yes, you have the high cost of airfare, but it was the best Dr./patient visit I've had. He took the time to review everything and make sure that I was all set. After being on TRT for 5 months now, things are really starting to turn around (not perfect, but getting there). I know that without Dr. John's help, I'd still be lost in the system. If anyone has questions about the experience or just don't know if they want to make the trip, feel free to ask. I know I sound like a fanboy, but I couldn't be happier with the overall experience. Thanks again Dr. John.

Mike
Thanks for sharing.

Feel free to post as much details of your case as you feel comfortable, so we can get better perspective.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear this is your experience and thanks for letting us know.

GRIMNURUK

Awards

Mike
I echo everything you said. Doc and Kim are great. They really make you feel comforable and confident in your treatment. It's ridiculous that we have to put up with the media constantly trying to make the whole field sound like a bunch of hucksters. This mornings biased article: Human growth hormone use rises, but is it legal? - CNN.com

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established

Mike

Thanks for sharing this Mike. I have my appointment with Dr. Crisler on 06 Jun. I can hardly wait! Like you, I've been on HRT for about 5 months now, will be 7 when I get to him. I'm better, but still not right. Sets my mind at ease you are that impressed with him!

Thanks again man!

SMH

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the post. Very informative. A follow up, if I might-

What course of treatment did he suggest? What were you doing before you saw him? Did he modify anything?

Thanks again for your input. I am intrigued by the "remote" workup die to the expense of airfare, etc. But, then again, meeting one's doctor and having a personal relationship cannot be under-rated.

mikandrea

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys. A little background...I saw my GP for a physical in Nov. 2006. I complained of fatigue, forgetfulness, and poor libido (sound familiar!!). I had read that these could be symptoms of low testosterone. He performed bloodwork and it revealed a test level of 277. I was put on Androgel, but I was a non-responder (down to 180), so I was put on test cyp. 100mg/week. He also gave me a referral to an Endo. The Endo. turned out to have no knowledge on HRT and it was just a lousy experience. I spoke to my GP about hiring Dr. John as a consultant. My GP agreed and Dr. John ordered some new bloodwork. Based on those results, hCG and Arimidex were ordered (I will keep out the specifics as per Dr. John's past requests). After hearing Dr. John's recommendations, my GP decided to bail on the treatment because he didn't understand the meds being used. He even threw out the blood samples I had just had at the lab the previous day! So, after hiring Dr. John and getting the bloodwork and the right meds to help me, I was without scripts to get them. So, I scheduled a trip to Lansing to see Dr. John in person so that I could get the scripts I need to get better, and to see the best there is on this topic...smartest thing I could've done. So, there were plenty of headaches along the way, but the end result was great. I now have to get bloodwork performed at the hospital because my GP has refused all treatment, but my insurance covers it very well as long as I have it at a particular hospital.

Mike

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I'd be VERY interested to hear about your experiences with hcg (more)

My biggest issue w/ TRT is the complete and PERMANENT shutdown of one's natural production. If hcg can stop this and allow my natural levels to stay afloat then TRT may be for me.

Please keep us posted--Good luck and thanks.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My biggest issue w/ TRT is the complete and PERMANENT shutdown of one's natural production. If hcg can stop this and allow my natural levels to stay afloat then TRT may be for me.

This is a great summary of why one should only embark on TRT if its medically indicated. Generally I am under the assumption that if one is embarking on true TRT they are already shut down or pretty close to it. If natural levels could be achieved without it you shouldnt need it.

For me returning to my natural levels means returning to feeling like ****, having the libido of a piece of gravel and the drive of a person with a lobotomy.............no thanks

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
This is a great summary of why one should only embark on TRT if its medically indicated. Generally I am under the assumption that if one is embarking on true TRT they are already shut down or pretty close to it. If natural levels could be achieved without it you shouldnt need it.

For me returning to my natural levels means returning to feeling like ****, having the libido of a piece of gravel and the drive of a person with a lobotomy.............no thanks
Even worst than ED and lack of libido is depression
If T does not solve ED at least it relieve depression
it gives a breather so one can look for better solution

The sequence

adrenals
thyroid
estrogens
sugars
attempt to restart (use HCG and HMG in stubborn case)
TRT if restart did not worked (it is not end of the world)

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Even worst than ED and lack of libido is depression
If T does not solve ED at least it relieve depression
it gives a breather so one can look for better solution

The sequence

adrenals
thyroid
estrogens
sugars
attempt to restart (use HCG and HMG in stubborn case)
TRT if restart did not worked (it is not end of the world)
Oh I agree wholeheartedly on the depression ....I just lumped that into feeling like **** (lol there I typed the four stars so it couldnt censor me.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just don't forget who steered you in Dr J's direction over at t-nation ;)

Glad to see everything worked out.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established

If you need TRT, your natural levels will not float, they have sunk. You do TRT because your HPTA does not work for you any more. One is then condemning their HPTA will a replacement mechanism. Your own natural production already has a permanent shutdown if you need TRT.

With TRT+HCG, your HPTA is still shut down as no LH is produced. But the HCG will act like LH and keep the testes working normally. For some, the normal working of their testes may not be very effective; for others, it works great.

You need to think about this differently.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
With TRT+HCG, your HPTA is still shut down as no LH is produced. But the HCG will act like LH and keep the testes working normally. For some, the normal working of their testes may not be very effective; for others, it works great.

Does a person's pre TRT LH level correlate at all to how well they will respond to HCG? You would think that the better the state of the testes, the better the response. Is this generally the case or is it more complex than that?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I speak more of HCG's positive effects on the rest of the body. So restoring LH, via its analog, is very helpful.
Very true. I have heard about this from many - It boosts mood, blood flow to the genital regions, improves sensitivity in such region and overall well being. This has all been reported from many.