Polycythemia?

toast

Awards
I found this on my recent labs and was wondering how bad this is?

RBC 6.26 x10/6 normal 4.4 - 5.9
HGB 18.8 G/DL normal 13.0 - 17.3
HCT 54.6 % normal 39% - 52%

The rest of the CBC is in the normal range.

I'm currently getting 1cc Depo T IM in the hip weekly.

Serum Testosterone is 612 as of last week.

Don't have any other current numbers.

I have a followup appointment with the endo next week. Does the above indicate Polycythemia and if so what does that really mean to me? Just worried she'll want to pull the plug on the hrt which will put me pretty much back to a vegetative state, but I really don't want a stroke either.

Any thoughts?

-toast

ps. I promise to play nice this time.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
You need to drink about 2 glass's of water before getting blood work or your tests will look like this do to your being dehydrated.
I found this on my recent labs and was wondering how bad this is?

RBC 6.26 x10/6 normal 4.4 - 5.9
HGB 18.8 G/DL normal 13.0 - 17.3
HCT 54.6 % normal 39% - 52%

The rest of the CBC is in the normal range.

I'm currently getting 1cc Depo T IM in the hip weekly.

Serum Testosterone is 612 as of last week.

Don't have any other current numbers.

I have a followup appointment with the endo next week. Does the above indicate Polycythemia and if so what does that really mean to me? Just worried she'll want to pull the plug on the hrt which will put me pretty much back to a vegetative state, but I really don't want a stroke either.

Any thoughts?

-toast

ps. I promise to play nice this time.

toast

Awards
I send myguys to the Red Cross toi drop a pint. If not, once H/H passes 18.0/55.0, TRT must be with held.
Yeah I'm 18.6 and 56.2 now and have to stop. I asked about having some blood drawn off, but the endo said no. She's referring me to a hematology oncologist now. All part of the medical conspiracy I think. No TRT for a month.... oh joy.

Question: Once TRT has to be withheld, it that a forever proposition or is it possible to restart if or when the levels come down?

Oh and just to get this out of the way, yes I'm close enough to drive to Dr. John, but since I've been out of work 6 months now I cant afford it. So don't bother suggesting it y'all. :)