required blood panel for hrt?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

required blood panel for hrt?

Hi Dr John,
    I'm sorry if this is a redundant question. I Have read thru the stickies and threads until my brain is just jell-o, I may have looked right at my answer but I am so burned out now that I'm just staring at the words on the screen.
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked already. What pecific tests are required for an HRT blood test? I have finally found a local doctor who works in life extension and he gave me a form to take to Qwest for a draw, I was just wondering
    while looking over the sheet what specific tests are required?
    He has lipid panel marked, then CBC, GGT,LH,Progesterone and many others. To the side where they ask for "other tests" he wrote " Free T3,igf-1,dhea-s,bioavailable testosterone."
    I'm 41 yrs old and until recently was taking care of my mom.
    She was undergoing chemo for ovarian cancer that had metastisiZed to her liver. We lost everything in Katrina and I lost her Nov 5. I have waited so long for this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. Its time for, me, now. And am hoping with getting back in the gym and seeing actual gains from the pain and sweat will help with the greiving process.
    She was an awesme lady and I miss her dearly.
    But this endeavor isn't cheap, and I have already lost a great deal, I just don't want to be taken for a ride. He seems like a very caring,sensitive physician. I have no complaints as to his attitude, but after being shafted by the government and insurance companies, I am just drained. My faith in people is absolutely nill.
    Thank you for your time, any input would be greatly appreciated. God bless.
    All the best CL

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cowardly lion View Post
    Hi Dr John,
    I'm sorry if this is a redundant question. I Have read thru the stickies and threads until my brain is just jell-o, I may have looked right at my answer but I am so burned out now that I'm just staring at the words on the screen.
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked already. What pecific tests are required for an HRT blood test? I have finally found a local doctor who works in life extension and he gave me a form to take to Qwest for a draw, I was just wondering
    while looking over the sheet what specific tests are required?
    He has lipid panel marked, then CBC, GGT,LH,Progesterone and many others. To the side where they ask for "other tests" he wrote " Free T3,igf-1,dhea-s,bioavailable testosterone."
    I'm 41 yrs old and until recently was taking care of my mom.
    She was undergoing chemo for ovarian cancer that had metastisiZed to her liver. We lost everything in Katrina and I lost her Nov 5. I have waited so long for this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. Its time for, me, now. And am hoping with getting back in the gym and seeing actual gains from the pain and sweat will help with the greiving process.
    She was an awesme lady and I miss her dearly.
    But this endeavor isn't cheap, and I have already lost a great deal, I just don't want to be taken for a ride. He seems like a very caring,sensitive physician. I have no complaints as to his attitude, but after being shafted by the government and insurance companies, I am just drained. My faith in people is absolutely nill.
    Thank you for your time, any input would be greatly appreciated. God bless.
    All the best CL
    Hi;
    Hopefully you will get Dr John to answer your question, I would be interested in that answer myself.
    Partial answer can be found on his web site, but it does not give you all that you want.
    Very interesting about your doctor, how did you found him?
    I am LEF member and I talk to their doctors but never found a way to locate one so I could visit him. How did you do it? I am 30 miles west of Manhattan, New York.
    After struggling for couple of years, I designed my own blood test.
    Next week I am going to have script ready for Quest Diagnostics, on their form. I plan to post picture of it either here or on meso board. I am not sure of the mechanics of it, so I could use help here.
    Other than blood work Dr John is using
    Comprehensive Steroid Hormone Profile (urine test)
    from
    Rhein Consulting Laboratories
    I think there he worries mostly about
    Estrone (E1)
    2-Hydroxyestrone
    16a-Hydroxyestrone
    from that test.
    When you will have your test done, post them here, with ranges, peple will give you pointers.
    -------------------------------------
    Since your doc have already given you script, ie Quest form that he filled, if you are able post picture of it here or on meso board, so I could compare it to what I will get in couple days.
    ============================
    You life may be simpler and you will save money on the end if you become Dr John's patient. That can be done in two ways.
    1.Drive to his office interact directly, only once, balance thru e-mail or other means.
    2.Use Dr John as a consultant to your new found LEF doctor.
    ============================
    I was living with my Mom for 25 years, I am also missing my Mom, I feel your loss.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This is taken from Dr. John's site at AllThingsMale.com in TRT: A Recipe for Success.

• Total Testosterone
    • Bioavailable Testosterone (AKA "Free and Loosely Bound")
    • Free Testosterone (if Bioavailable T is unavailable)
    • DHT
    • Estradiol (specify the Extraction Method, or "sensitive" assay for
    males)
    • LH
    • FSH
    • Prolactin
    • Cortisol
    • Thyroid Panel
    • CBC
    • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    • Lipid Profile
    • PSA (if over 40)
    For Thyroid do.
    * TSH
    * Free T4 and Free T3 (note the word “free”)
    * Thyroid Antibodies (anti-TPO and TgAb. YOU NEED BOTH.)
    * Ferritin (and do stress FERRITIN, not just RBC)
    * Adrenals Cortisol levels (but we strongly recommend saliva tests, not the one time blood test your doctor will do)
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.27%

gamer nailed it. There is also another round of tests suggested at the 5 week mark, which is what I just got back today. I did all the hormonal ones as I forgot to fast for my cholestrol, cbc and other blood tests.

Similar Forum Threads

1. blood test for hrt ..period to wait after ph cycle
    By jodenem99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
  2. Blood Panel RESULTS!!! HRT???
    By Bryce720 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 07:16 PM
  3. Blood Test Panel for TRT. Please Help!!
    By musclehead65 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 09:22 PM
  4. I'm getting a blood test for HRT consideration
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 02:20 PM
  5. Blood test for HRT
    By longtom74 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 01:14 AM