Fertility and TRT

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.53%

Fertility and TRT

Is there a way to run TRT and still remain fertile?

My endo put me on Androgel in July and subsequently my fertility went to zero, he screwed up because he knew we were trying for kids.

My Urologist and wife's doctor said to stop cold turkey, while the endo said to maintain the androgel but add Repronex 3x a week.

Now 1+mth off of androgel and only some clomid, my FSH and LH levels came back to normal, but my T level is horrible at 186, and I feel it. Shouldn't the T be back up by now and is there a way to run Androgel and maintain fertility? Does the Repronex method work?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.55%

You need to use HCG alongside the androgel. You use the HCG every 3rd day at a dosage of about 250iu. This will maintain testicular size, function and if your nut's are capable, sperm production.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pace2 View Post
    Is there a way to run TRT and still remain fertile?

My endo put me on Androgel in July and subsequently my fertility went to zero, he screwed up because he knew we were trying for kids.

My Urologist and wife's doctor said to stop cold turkey, while the endo said to maintain the androgel but add Repronex 3x a week.
    Now 1+mth off of androgel and only some clomid, my FSH and LH levels came back to normal, but my T level is horrible at 186, and I feel it. Shouldn't the T be back up by now and is there a way to run Androgel and maintain fertility? Does the Repronex method work?
    This is better than HCG alone. Your urologist is righ. Post his ZIP code, so others may use him, he know what he is talking about.

Repronex
    Repronex
    Description
    Each vial/ampule contains 75iu of equal amounts of human FSH (follicle stimulation hormone) and LH (luetinizing hormone)

How much Repronex cost? (You possibly can get by on Novarel alone, save $$).
    Wonder if the dose is right, optimally we use 100IU of HCG daily.
    Ask urologist if you should use it every day or if too expensive, use 100IU Novarel (HCG only) in days in between.
    --------
    You may save money and add convenience changing from Androgel to 100mg/1gram Tcream from womensinernational.
    Add DIM to your list.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%

Frequently Asked Questions
    Male infertility may be caused by a number of factors, including problems with sperm production, sperm delivery system, injury to the testicles, problems related to hormone production, anatomical problems or the presence of varicose vein in the testicle (varicocele) all of which may affect sperm quality and quantity. Past illnesses, infections, various diseases and medications can also cause infertility.
    -------------
    Male Factor Infertility
    Male Factor Infertility
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.53%

Fertility and TRT

Pre androgel, my sperm production was normal.

JanSZ:I think you are saying that the endo is right (do androgel and repronex) and not the urogist who says go cold turkey. The reporonex is expenisive, $1000/month and insurance pays only $600.

Right now I'm off everything and my test was down to 108 and the LH and FSH are still pretty low. I see three courses of action.

1. Stay cold turkey
    2. Repronex only (50 IU 3x/week is what I was perscribed)
    3. Endo rec--Androgel and repronex until achieve pregnancy

I'm still mad at the endo, because he made the mistake of perscribing androgel only which made me infertile, but his ongoing course of action may be the best bet. Any thoughts?
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Pace2 View Post
    Pre androgel, my sperm production was normal.

JanSZ:I think you are saying that the endo is right (do androgel and repronex) and not the urogist who says go cold turkey. The reporonex is expenisive, $1000/month and insurance pays only $600.

Right now I'm off everything and my test was down to 108 and the LH and FSH are still pretty low. I see three courses of action.

1. Stay cold turkey
    2. Repronex only (50 IU 3x/week is what I was perscribed)
    3. Endo rec--Androgel and repronex until achieve pregnancy

I'm still mad at the endo, because he made the mistake of perscribing androgel only which made me infertile, but his ongoing course of action may be the best bet. Any thoughts?
    You have a very good chance to become a father on testosterone (I would use 100mg/1gram Tcream, more convenient and less expensive) and 100IU of Novarel every day. Only if that do not work use additionally the Repronex.
    Also one or two pills, every day, of DIM, depending on your estrogen situation. I use Dual-Action from LEF.
    Your endo did not do much of mistake prescribing Androgel, he just missed on HCG, that is $60 or less per 3 months.
    Unless you in the rush and have money for Repronex right away, then do not bother with Novarel.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT and TRT
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
  2. HCG and TRT
    By professorJohn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 01:14 AM
  3. ED and TRT
    By engival in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0