Is there an specific way to come off TRT therapy?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

Is there an specific way to come off TRT therapy?

Is there a way to effectively come off the TRT and restart my own production as soon as possible? Doc seems to think the way to do it is cold turkey, he's open to suggestion though. I'd prefer not to have to use Clomid as I've heard there can be some emotional lability side effects that go along with it. Would it involve HCG in a regimen for a number of weeks or a certain number of days? I know this won't be easy and I might feel pretty bad, however, I'd like to minimize the time that it takes to get my own Test production going again. Any info greatly appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.16%

I stopped a cold a month ago -after (2) mos of cream-

Dont know what my levels are now, or what they were......or, if this was the best way to do it.....
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.37%

I have stopped cold twice, once from a transdermal and the other time from IM injections of cyp.

I had a pretty soft landing from the transdermal--felt just fine for about a week after stopping then maybe a week or two of no libido, moody, tired.

Coming off of the injectable was tougher--felt OK for a week or ten days - then felt absolutely rotten in the morning after waking up--like I couldn't face the day, but was fine after coffee and being up for 30 min. or so. This went on for four or five days, then I was OK-- sleepy during the day, little libido, but otherwise fine.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylonghorn View Post
    Is there a way to effectively come off the TRT and restart my own production as soon as possible? Doc seems to think the way to do it is cold turkey, he's open to suggestion though. I'd prefer not to have to use Clomid as I've heard there can be some emotional lability side effects that go along with it. Would it involve HCG in a regimen for a number of weeks or a certain number of days? I know this won't be easy and I might feel pretty bad, however, I'd like to minimize the time that it takes to get my own Test production going again. Any info greatly appreciated.
    Slow taper? I have not done it (yet), but I've read about a slow taper protocol at Testosterone Nation by a guy named Prisoner 22. You can go there and search for "taper" and see some discussion about it.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I really hoped to see some more info on this issue, coming off prescribed TRT, wether the new doc wants to start tests fresh or the finances prohibit continuing, I think this is a real concern. At the very least, what about estrogen rebound, and Im guessing for advice on coming off, checking the pct section might be the only way to find some info, but wouldnt some of that be overkill for the doses of trt?

Are there any general recommendations if you have to stop?
  6. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    I really hoped to see some more info on this issue, coming off prescribed TRT, wether the new doc wants to start tests fresh or the finances prohibit continuing, I think this is a real concern. At the very least, what about estrogen rebound, and Im guessing for advice on coming off, checking the post cycle therapy section might be the only way to find some info, but wouldnt some of that be overkill for the doses of trt?

Are there any general recommendations if you have to stop?
    You should probably consult your new doctor on how to go off TRT. If there is no new doctor ask the one who has been prescribing your treatment. A doctor's advice is preferable in my opinion.

If you have been self-administering TRT check out Swale's protocol. It's supposed to be the standard for post cycle therapy.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

Thanks for the info, no self-adm, but going to check swales stuff anyway. Just want the info, personal experience is leading me to believe that most docs dont have a clue pertaining to real trt, compared to the info Ive read and learned about here, I need to find a new doc again.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    The situation is far too case specific to provide a good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    If you have been self-administering TRT check out Swale's protocol. It's supposed to be the standard for post cycle therapy.
    Swale IS Dr. John you guys.... I'm surprised how many don't know this fact. lol.... The doctor formerly known as Swale....
  9. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

Maybe that was his secret alter ego........his dark side......... if you will.

Oh well, learn something new everyday.
  10. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BigAk View Post
    Swale IS Dr. John you guys.... I'm surprised how many don't know this fact. lol.... The doctor formerly known as Swale....
    We all know who Swale is. I'm not sure he would advise his protocol for you. That's why I think you should consult with your new doctor. You might consider Dr. John. His patients seem very happy with their treatment.
  11. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Maybe that was his secret alter ego........his dark side......... if you will.

Oh well, learn something new everyday.
    There's nothing dark about helping people in my opinion.
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%

You should probably consult your new doctor on how to go off TRT. If there is no new doctor ask the one who has been prescribing your treatment. A doctor's advice is preferable in my opinion.

Wonder if you could provide link?
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.71%

There's nothing dark about helping people in my opinion.

Ummm........That was supposed to be a joke, I didnt know Dr. John=swale, and I have the utmost respect for him and the time he takes to answer questions and the information he graciously provides, but I know now. Thanks.
  14. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Wonder if you could provide link?
    I found this through a search... second post down: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-...ighlight=Swale
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.16%

Good advice. However, ot sum it up, a post cycle therapy-type protocol should not be necessary. IF it proves so, then PCT (with or without HCG, depending upon the specific case) is warranted.

You did know that I am SWALE? (my alter ego).
    Hi Swale....
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Good advice. However, ot sum it up, a post cycle therapy-type protocol should not be necessary. IF it proves so, then PCT (with or without HCG, depending upon the specific case) is warranted.

You did know that I am SWALE? (my alter ego).
    Dr. John is worth every penny. As for that SWALE guy, well, he *seems* to know what he's talking about ;-)
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%

I found this through a search... second post down: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-...ighlight=Swale
    I am glad I asked.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there a good way to lower DHT?
    By nycjimi in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 12:56 AM
  2. Is there a safe way to lose some weight while on Test E?
    By Wudog in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM
  3. Best Way to Come Off TRT?
    By Random987 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 03:40 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 12:21 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 12:21 AM