Methylation of estrogen and homocysteine

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Methylation of estrogen and homocysteine

This question has been puzzling me for a long time and still can not find an answer.

Do low homocysteine levels reflect the amount of estrogen in males body

So is it true that
    estrogen raises homocysteine in a man if this is so then low homocysteine levels would mean an estrogen deficiency and undermethylation

Significance of Low Plasma Homocysteine.indd

Hypohomocysteinemia and highly increased proportion of S-sulfonated plasma. transthyretin in molybdenum cofactor deficiency ...

Copper toxcity depletes sulfur and molydbenum, and interfers with b-6 metabolism I tihnk i got my answer !!

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Prgmmer
    Freinds been on dim for 1 week and had libido before begining and all of sudden it totally just dropped off and he was wondering how long does it take to clear out of his system till moring erections return? What is the wash out time. And also to he seems to be losing his gains and can not figure out why..if his estrogen was lowered. Can lowering estrogen too low actually cause your to loose muscle ?
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Prgmmer
    Freinds been on dim for 1 week and had libido before begining and all of sudden it totally just dropped off and he was wondering how long does it take to clear out of his system till moring erections return? What is the wash out time. And also to he seems to be losing his gains and can not figure out why..if his estrogen was lowered. Can lowering estrogen too low actually cause your to loose muscle ?
    I just don't understand why these guys go on DIM when they have good wood and libido. He should be fine if he is on TRT if not it can take a good 4 to 6 week to bring up his E2.
    Phil
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    I just don't understand why these guys go on DIM when they have good wood and libido. He should be fine if he is on TRT if not it can take a good 4 to 6 week to bring up his E2.
    Phil
    I agree 100% I do not do anything with out suggesting and running it by my dr. I have learned my lesson several times over. !! My mood/ libido returned with in a few days of adding 800 mgs sam-e since I am a severely undermethyated verified by sub normal homocystein levels similar to that of an autisitc child. Probably for fact undermethyators have altered estrogen metabolism hence why TMG/ DIM worse so well.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Phil
    You are not the only one, I am with you.

Now, Dr John recomends megadoses of DIM since (03-12-2005, 03:16 PM), actually 300mg.
    MESO-Rx - View Single Post - I am on HRT with DIM...
    and on (02-24-2007, 05:39 PM)
    Question for Dr. John

So it must be good.
    I am just making up theory so it will fit the bill.
    1. when taking about wood we need proper amount of Estradiol(E2), about 15 by LabCorp

2. DIM is changing, increasing 2/16alpha ratio of hydroxyestrone

Estrone (E1) =(2-Hydroxyestrone) + (16a-Hydroxyestrone)
    it is not doing anything directly to E2

3. Estrone level do have influence on Estradiol (E2), but that must be just secondary

4. Dr John is not the only one recomendig high doses. Except for LEF just about every supplier recomends high dose. Recheck links to different suppliers on my post 02-24-2007, 04:57 PM
    Question for Dr. John
    ---------------
    Conclusion:
    when wood stops do not blame DIM.

Anybody buy that?
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post

Now, Dr John recomends megadoses of DIM since (03-12-2005, 03:16 PM), actually 300mg.
    Question for Dr. John

So it must be good.
    I am just making up theory so it will fit the bill.
    1. when taking about wood we need proper amount of Estradiol(E2), about 15 by LabCorp

2. DIM is changing, increasing 2/16alpha ratio of hydroxyestrone

Estrone (E1) =(2-Hydroxyestrone) + (16a-Hydroxyestrone)
    it is not doing anything directly to E2

3. Estrone level do have influence on Estradiol (E2), but that must be just secondary

4. Dr John is not the only one recomendig high doses. Except for LEF just about every supplier recomends high dose. Recheck links to different suppliers on my post 02-24-2007, 04:57 PM
    Question for Dr. John
    ---------------
    Conclusion:
    when wood stops do not blame DIM.

Anybody buy that?
    I thnk it has more to do with DHT then estrogen morning wood in relationship with DIM ..just a theory. Now armidiex that would be more low estrogen and i agree with that then, but Dim i think may also drive your DHT into the ground and people on injectables would be more subseptible to this then transdermals !! I have gotten morning wood and my tits have hurt like hell so that would back my explain that morning wood would also be oterh then just estrogen involved and more likely a balnce between estrogen and DHT. One drives the other and DIM lowers BOTH to one extend or the other
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Question for Dr. John

So it must be good.
    I probably should underline the 2005 words, wonder if there was any addition or clarification since that time, any how those words are on TotalE while wood depends od E2:
    Quote:
    As far as DIM causing an overall increase in total estrogens, I have heard the opposite. Dr. Michael Zeligs has written several articles on it, and so I have always considered DIM to have CYP19 (aromatase)-inhibiting properties. Maybe this is wrong, though.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

I probably should underline the 2005 words, wonder if there was any addition or clarification since that time, any how those words are on TotalE while wood depends od E2:
    Quote:
    As far as DIM causing an overall increase in total estrogens, I have heard the opposite. Dr. Michael Zeligs has written several articles on it, and so I have always considered DIM to have CYP19 (aromatase)-inhibiting properties. Maybe this is wrong, though.
    Jansz
    YOu bring up a good point why are these guys taking 300 mgs of dim and not getting having any problems with morning wood. I still think there are other hidden factors involved as well and proper methylation of estrogen is one of them ans as well as DHT. DIM reduces dht binding at the prostate site, but question is "can it do it any where else" and that "can too much DIM in the right enviroment actually act like finasteride too which also causes low libido despite some people having normal estrodial. I do agree DHT and estrogen are 2 of some of the factors involved with morning erections. But some people may need a lower estrodial because they need more DHT to get a morning winky. I also notice when I take DIM I don not need to shave as often could this be one sign that its lower the DHT since DHT is needed for hair growth? Liek every thing it all has to be inbalance. For some people elevated estrogen could cause low dht levels since they are antagonist to some degree and taking DIM may drive both of them down. If DHT is tested low normal and estrogen is high then may be just anti estrogen may be necessary and taking DIM drive DHT into the ground instead. That would be a nice study, "effects of DIM on estrodial on with finasteride"
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Still there is a lot of junk out there and a lot of it is the DIM sold if it were true DIM and someone was taking more the 300mgs they would not have wood. I never had higher Total E's doing Indolplex/DIM.
    Phil
  10. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Still there is a lot of junk out there and a lot of it is the DIM sold if it were true DIM and someone was taking more the 300mgs they would not have wood. I never had higher Total E's doing Indolplex/DIM.
    Phil
    But did you check your DHT levels as well while on the DIM?
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

But did you check your DHT levels as well while on the DIM?
    Yes but at the time I was on Androgel and then Testim and my DHT was off the chart.
    Phil
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Yes but at the time I was on Androgel and then Testim and my DHT was off the chart.
    Phil
    With high DHT and E2 could that drive your shbg up as well. I know estrogens do for a fact. Since my shbg doubled being on testocreme. would elevated DHT makes booby also hurt and kill libido, drive testosterone and free test into the toilet?
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

With high DHT and E2 could that drive your shbg up as well. I know estrogens do for a fact. Since my shbg doubled being on testocreme. would elevated DHT makes booby also hurt and kill libido, drive testosterone and free test into the toilet?
    Testocreme is known to rise DHT read these links.
    Testocreme - Google Groups
    Phil
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Testocreme is known to rise DHT read these links.
    Testocreme - Google Groups
    Phil
    So does DHT cause shbg to increase that is where the abnormality is so far.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Reduced Joint stiffness-The Power of Estrogen and Progesterone
    By Androfactory in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM
  2. what is methyl-v xt a mix of sd, and epi?
    By Lockxxheed in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 08:51 PM
  3. designer steroids effects of test and estrogen?
    By loftus44 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 11:02 PM
  5. The neccessity of HCG, and methyl 1-test?
    By Tiabin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 09:27 PM