Does HRT eventually signal the Adrenals to Halt DHEA production?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    HAN, I am using a simple compounded gel from a local pharmacy. no known brand, but I seem to have no reaction to it. I dont think I am sensitive to perfumes or colognes or anything of that sort.

I do, however, feel I was incredibly stupid (and taxing on my adrenals) when I used to use A LOT of No-salt and go low sodium otherwise. (p/s ratio screwy). I also used to eat a lot of cassava, even the skins (another no-no). So they may have really wigged me out on top of everything else we talked about.

But I dont seem to react to sulfa or sulfur foods any worse.
    Dr Mercola is selling cassava, he is supposedly health guru??
    http://www.mercola.com/products/cocoa_cassava_bar.htm

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kanecore View Post
    I weigh 255lbs at 6 ft,(36in waist, 54 in chest). I played lineman in college for four years and was a cop for 10 years before going back to school so i consider myself in decent shape. I say this not out of selfindulgance, but because bodyfat, especially in a man's mid-section, contains aromatase. The more bodyfat in this area, the more likley T will get converted into E. Decreasing bodyfat is always a good idea.

I take 150 mg of pure DIM and 500mg of TMG in the morning and 150mg of both at night. I just use Vitamin World DIM because i was the only DIM product I could find in my area. The only ingedient is DIM. I'm going to order another product but I want to ask Dr. John what he recommends. Dr. John told me to take DIM and TMG along with Arimidex because my 4-Hydroxyestrodiol. 4-Hydroxyestradiol along with 16e-Hydroxyestrone are harmful estrogen metabolite. Moreover, my liver must be a little clogged because my Total Es were originally high. Since the liver is responsible for excreting hormone metabolites, it would make sense that one needs to have efficient liver function to have a helathy estrogen/testosterone balance. One cannot assume they need to take DIM and TMG unless it is justified by lab results. My case is particular to my results.

Dr. John prescribed Pregnenolone Cream because it is more effective than pills and it has a calming effect (nerves, stress, focus). Also, he indicated that it re-establishes hormonal pathways.
    Vitamin World
    Cannot find anything searching for DIM
    what name they use?
    Dr did not specify any particular brand of DIM or quantity?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Great stuff Phil thanks. Basically what may be going on is that Im in the beginning stage - Stage one. Im young.

Stressed? I am. Im type A to the bone. Hard charging. Its the only way i know how to be. Im starting Bikram Yoga to help me chill out.

I due believe that my over consumption to caffeine is a problem. Ive already started to work on that problem. Ive cut my dose in half, from 6 cups to 3 a day. I will be dropping that down to zero in the future. I have quit smoking completely as well. I was a social smoker prior. Been smoke free since the new years. I don't drink, havent in a long time, although I used to drink in the past.

Ive come along way though. I cringe to think what these bloodwork numbers were a few years ago.
    You never know I am a type A and proud of it what do you do for a living. I did anything and everything retired as an Engineer from Chry. in Alburn Hills Mi.
    Phil

4. Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    You never know I am a type A and proud of it what do you do for a living. I did anything and everything retired as an Engineer from Chry. in Alburn Hills Mi.
    Phil
    I work as a server in fine dining. I love it. I like people, I like to talk, Im a night owl and Im constantly on the go, so its perfect for me. Great cash while I finish business school at Eastern Michigan.

My dad worked at Chry as a line rat for 30 years. Had the biggest arms on a human being under 150lbs Ive ever seen in my life. Its in our blood to be type A ya know Its sad to see whats happening to our economy up here. I love michigan with every cell in my body, I still think its the most beautiful place in the world, but I'll probably have to leave once college is up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Vitamin World
    Cannot find anything searching for DIM
    what name they use?
    Dr did not specify any particular brand of DIM or quantity?
    I'm going to ask Dr. John what kind of DIM he reccommends.

The brand I take was the only brand that was immediately available to me. I'm sure it's not the best.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    I work as a server in fine dining. I love it. I like people, I like to talk, Im a night owl and Im constantly on the go, so its perfect for me. Great cash while I finish business school at Eastern Michigan.

My dad worked at Chry as a line rat for 30 years. Had the biggest arms on a human being under 150lbs Ive ever seen in my life. Its in our blood to be type A ya know Its sad to see whats happening to our economy up here. I love michigan with every cell in my body, I still think its the most beautiful place in the world, but I'll probably have to leave once college is up.
    Tell me about it I was a line rat for 6 months at a stamping plant on the fender line 390 / hr. I up graided into skilled trades and had no feeling in my hands for months.

Michigan will come back it allways does.
    Phil
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 01:39 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 01:48 PM
  3. Matrix or others - Does using an AI put stress on the Adrenals?
    By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 12:04 AM
  4. How does Arimidex affect the adrenal glands?
    By MetalMX in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 05:02 AM