Excellent levels so far on TRT but .......

jimmylonghorn

Awards
So far I'm doing well on TRT. My levels are stable at top of range in both total t and free t....and my e2 is in check along with shbg...however, one thing that is puzzling me is that my fibrinogen (blood clotting factor) is low, a little below the low end of the range. That seems strange to me as I would figure that clotting would be a little better due to the improved red blood cell count from the trt. does this mean I could pherhaps be anemic (sp?)

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
So far I'm doing well on TRT. My levels are stable at top of range in both total t and free t....and my e2 is in check along with shbg...however, one thing that is puzzling me is that my fibrinogen (blood clotting factor) is low, a little below the low end of the range. That seems strange to me as I would figure that clotting would be a little better due to the improved red blood cell count from the trt. does this mean I could pherhaps be anemic (sp?)

Low fibrinogen is a good thing (within limits, I suppose). Fibrinogen is a marker for systemic inflammation. So, the more fibrinogen, the more inflammation. Not good.

Unless your fibrinogen is very low, you should be happy, not worried.