Take a look at my blood work

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On no supps or AAS at time of bloodwork. No history of AAS. Bloodwork done at Quest Diagnostics

Reference ranges in parenthesis

IGF-1 130 (126 - 382ng)

DHEA 520 (110 - 500)

T-4 FREE 1.5 (.8 - 1.8)

TSH 1.21 (.4 - 5.5)

ESTRADOIL 43 (10 - 50)

PSA .3

T3 FREE 317 (230 - 420)

TEST, TOTAL 490 (245 - 1836)

TEST FREE 18.9 (12 - 40)

TEST, %OF FREE .4 (.2 - .68)

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
27 years old. Im concerned that both free/total test a little low, Estradoil way to high, IGF way to low for my age.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do tell how do you feel morning wood any fatigue and so on.
Phil
Hey!
Thanks for bring that up. Morning wood is non existent, has been gone for a couple years. I get DOMS, workout fatigue pretty easily. Libido has gone down a bit last couple years as well.

Other than that, I feel ok, not bad. A little brain fog here and there. Im in pretty good shape otherwise. 5'7, about 160, 8%BF.

I think the estradoil is killing the morning wood.

I think if my free/total test was a little bit higher, libido would be back strong.

And the DOMS/easily overtrained is from the low IGF.

Im doing some heavy, heavy TRT research. Im thinking arimidex EOD. hCG EOD. If I can get away without using test, that would be great. If not, no big deal.

HGH treatment would be ideal as well, but a little out of my price range (temporary, finishing up college, after that its a definite go)

Thanks Phil, any and all opinions welcome.

Its been a dam cold week here in Michigan. Good for the snowboarding, bad for everything else. First day on the slopes yesterday, legs are killing me today!

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hay up north last night 12" of snow and in Rochester Hills MI. nothing. Anyway here is what I would do If I were you get some Indolplex/DIM Arimidex is to dam strong. Your not on TRT and If you use Arimidex you will got to low fast. You will miss the Zone. I say Zone because when you get morning wood back this is the Zone and I feel it's the best level for your E2.
PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
Get this it is what worked for me I tried a lot of brands of DIM and nothing. Take only one Tablet at dinner most men get morning wood back is 4 to 7 days. Keep taking it but if wood stops stop the DIM until wood comes back then go back on it that day but cut the dose in half.

Also take some TMG at bed time this helps the liver wash out the E's that the DIM converts E2 into.
49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T

Also get some Zinc/Copper.
Solaray Zinc & Copper 100 capsules, Solaray - Solaray Multiple Minerals 50% Off

Getting your E2 down can make your TT go up 200 to 300 on a test and your free T will come up also.

You don't do a lot of SOY in your diet do you is so stop.
Phil
Hey!
Thanks for bring that up. Morning wood is non existent, has been gone for a couple years. I get DOMS, workout fatigue pretty easily. Libido has gone down a bit last couple years as well.

Other than that, I feel ok, not bad. A little brain fog here and there. Im in pretty good shape otherwise. 5'7, about 160, 8%BF.

I think the estradoil is killing the morning wood.

I think if my free/total test was a little bit higher, libido would be back strong.

And the DOMS/easily overtrained is from the low IGF.

Im doing some heavy, heavy TRT research. Im thinking arimidex EOD. hCG EOD. If I can get away without using test, that would be great. If not, no big deal.

HGH treatment would be ideal as well, but a little out of my price range (temporary, finishing up college, after that its a definite go)

Thanks Phil, any and all opinions welcome.

Its been a dam cold week here in Michigan. Good for the snowboarding, bad for everything else. First day on the slopes yesterday, legs are killing me today!

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Hay up north last night 12" of snow and in Rochester Hills MI. nothing. Anyway here is what I would do If I were you get some Indolplex/DIM Arimidex is to dam strong. Your not on TRT and If you use Arimidex you will got to low fast. You will miss the Zone. I say Zone because when you get morning wood back this is the Zone and I feel it's the best level for your E2.
Get this it is what worked for me I tried a lot of brands of DIM and nothing. Take only one Tablet at dinner most men get morning wood back is 4 to 7 days. Keep taking it but if wood stops stop the DIM until wood comes back then go back on it that day but cut the dose in half.

Also take some TMG at bed time this helps the liver wash out the E's that the DIM converts E2 into.
49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T

Getting your E2 down can make your TT go up 200 to 300 on a test and your free T will come up also.

Phil

i think the most important indicator for mornig woud is controlling e2 and detoxifying the excessive estrogen via liver pathways. Adding folininc acid/ methy coblalin will also open up another pathway for detoxification as well :) doing all this will also raise up your free test levels which phil states is most crucial. If you increase free T one might be lucky to help drive E2 down. Removing excess estrogen will relieve burden off liver and open up for more t4 to t3 conversion, and also take stress off adrrenals and in time you might get lucky and balance out your endocrine system. So you see how controlling liver detoxification pathways are actually core into obtaining proper hormone balance along with ofc course other factors of lifestlye and stress mamageing ment. Why i tell people to ask dr for metafolin because it covered by insurance and is a natureal supplement that will help balance all liver pathways, just add 50 mgs P5P with 500 mgs TMG BID and you got it all in nice little combination.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, Im not on any HRT stuff YET. If Crisler ok's things, I will be.

Thanks for the ideas though. Im not familar with alot of those things you mentioned, but I will be after tonight trust me.

Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
No, Im not on any HRT stuff YET. If Crisler ok's things, I will be.

Thanks for the ideas though. Im not familar with alot of those things you mentioned, but I will be after tonight trust me.
Yep phils is right about that DIM and TMG 2 days on it and mr winky was happy in the morning 1 day off it and mr Winky was not so happy this morning and getting horrible migraine headaches, and boobs hurting like crazy. Can you have a bad rebound like that from not taking DIM?

cajunbam

cajunbam

Awards
i think the most important indicator for mornig woud is controlling e2 and detoxifying the excessive estrogen via liver pathways. Adding folininc acid/ methy coblalin will also open up another pathway for detoxification as well :) doing all this will also raise up your free test levels which phil states is most crucial. If you increase free T one might be lucky to help drive E2 down. Removing excess estrogen will relieve burden off liver and open up for more t4 to t3 conversion, and also take stress off adrrenals and in time you might get lucky and balance out your endocrine system. So you see how controlling liver detoxification pathways are actually core into obtaining proper hormone balance along with ofc course other factors of lifestlye and stress mamageing ment. Why i tell people to ask dr for metafolin because it covered by insurance and is a natureal supplement that will help balance all liver pathways, just add 50 mgs P5P with 500 mgs TMG BID and you got it all in nice little combination.
http://www.metafolin.com/pdfs/About the Product_13.12.pdf

Is this what you're talking about? What does 50mgs P5P mean?

Thanks.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
honestly your blood work doesnt look too bad.

if i were you i would try some simple hormone optimizers and see how i responded.

im a bit partial to 6-oxo but there are a ton of supplemental aromatase inhibitors out there.

stay away from rebound xt, reboundt reloaded, novadex xt...they all have ATD in them and too many people get too many weird side effects coming off of it for my taste.

Try these 3 simple supplements:
Tribulus- for libido and minor hormone optimization
6-oxo- aromatase inhibitor (to lower estrogen) and very decent testosterone booster
ZMA- aids in testosterone production

that should bump up the testosterone by 300 ng/dl or so after a few weeks and half your estrogen. i also just heart tribulus libidowise.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Dr john will taking the DIM skew the blood test results in any specific way? Since I got positive results off of it I tihnk my ability to metabolize estrogen is reduced for some reason.

Do you think alteranting cream applicatin sites might reduce the chance of getting resistant to testosterone if that is possible. Could applying it repeatedly to one or 2 areas cause your body to become immune to it?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
stay away from rebound xt, reboundt reloaded, novadex xt...they all have ATD in them and too many people get too many weird side effects coming off of it for my taste..
There is no ATD in Rebound Reloaded that I am aware of. It's 6-Bromoandrostenedione & white button mushroom extract. I have not used RR, but I've used ALRI's Restore, and liked it very much, as it lacked the sides I got from ATD. Restore uses 6-Bromo as it's AI.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
honestly your blood work doesnt look too bad.

if i were you i would try some simple hormone optimizers and see how i responded.

im a bit partial to 6-oxo but there are a ton of supplemental aromatase inhibitors out there.

stay away from rebound xt, reboundt reloaded, novadex xt...they all have ATD in them and too many people get too many weird side effects coming off of it for my taste.

Try these 3 simple supplements:
Tribulus- for libido and minor hormone optimization
6-oxo- aromatase inhibitor (to lower estrogen) and very decent testosterone booster
ZMA- aids in testosterone production

that should bump up the testosterone by 300 ng/dl or so after a few weeks and half your estrogen. i also just heart tribulus libidowise.
I take ZMA. Been taking it for years. I love it. Sleep great on it.

I also take a very potent fish oil/cla supplement. 3 grams EPA/DHA.

I also take Resveratrol. 100mg per day. Don't really know if the whole resveratrol thing will pan out. Its looks great on mice, but nothing so far as humans go. We'll see. But I don't mind experimnenting with that dose, it doesn't cost much, about 50 cents per day.

Ive tried test boosters in the past. The problem with them is that they usually are very expensive. A high quality tribilus supp and a good herbal AI would run about 75 per month, and results are usually not all that great.

However with HRT supplies, they are dirt cheap. I can get 60 WEEKS worth of arimidex for 50 bucks :) And test for next to nothing - Test cyp 10ml l@ 200mg/ml $42
HCG 10,000 IU $16.26
100 #29 insulin needles $12
100 #23 3ml 1.5" needles $18

Costs are an issue - Im a broke college student. So we'll see.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention - I also take creatine as well. And micellular protein powder. I do avoid soy like the plague - which is a bummer because i love salad dressings and it seems soybean oil is in every one I look for.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone got a link for some info about this DIM stuff everyone here talks about?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I take ZMA. Been taking it for years. I love it. Sleep great on it.

I also take a very potent fish oil/cla supplement. 3 grams EPA/DHA.

I also take Resveratrol. 100mg per day. Don't really know if the whole resveratrol thing will pan out. Its looks great on mice, but nothing so far as humans go. We'll see. But I don't mind experimnenting with that dose, it doesn't cost much, about 50 cents per day.

Ive tried test boosters in the past. The problem with them is that they usually are very expensive. A high quality tribilus supp and a good herbal AI would run about 75 per month, and results are usually not all that great.

However with HRT supplies, they are dirt cheap. I can get 60 WEEKS worth of arimidex for 50 bucks :) And test for next to nothing - Test cyp 10ml l@ 200mg/ml $42
HCG 10,000 IU $16.26
100 #29 insulin needles $12
100 #23 3ml 1.5" needles $18

Costs are an issue - Im a broke college student. So we'll see.
I am price shopping, if you cannot post here, may be on the other board or PM there.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't want new patients doing anything prior to my evaluation which modifies hormone levels. Ripples take months to even out.
Good point Dr Crisler, Im hanging tight till I see you. I am thankful for everyones information and help though, I might just need it in the future :) and its helped me immensly for personal research and information.

I wonder how many people have a DHEA level higher than a total test level(like me, LOL)? :fool2:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I don't want new patients doing anything prior to my evaluation which modifies hormone levels. Ripples take months to even out.
Ok I just started DIM about 2-3 days ago. SO I will stop and let it flush out of my system. Only thing i have been on was the testocreme 10% is all which was prescribed by a medical dr, but i was applying it to the fore arms alot and .No hcg No dhea, No armidex for 10 weeks,

Could constant application to a particular spot cause excessive testosterone resevoir to build up and possible elevated estrogen levels? Just a theory

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Phil
Hey Phil,
Yea I think estradoil is killing my hormonal profile from every standpoint. I wish my IGF was alot higher as well.

And here is the scary part - my estradoil is that level WITH an extremely strict, clean lifestyle and diet. Hell I have a 4 pack, and probably could have a 6 If I had more energy to hit the gym. BF % is really good for my age. And Ive completely given up drinking/smoking. I shudder to think what it would be if I wasn't so lean and dieting/exercising, like any other normal guy my age. Not many people in my circle of friends that eat 10 servings or more of fruits/veggies a day and stick to a clean diet/lifestyle the way I do.

I do remember that as a pre teen and early teenager, having issues with my nipples being sore. Never got any gyno though because I was always so lean and active - thank god I always was. So i think I might have always had an estradoil issue. Hard to say.

Thanks everyone for your input. :head:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok I just started DIM about 2-3 days ago. SO I will stop and let it flush out of my system. Only thing i have been on was the testocreme 10% is all which was prescribed by a medical dr, but i was applying it to the fore arms alot and .No hcg No dhea, No armidex for 10 weeks,

Could constant application to a particular spot cause excessive testosterone resevoir to build up and possible elevated estrogen levels? Just a theory
Im curious about that as well - I do know that T converts to E in bodyfat. Probably even more of a reason to stay lean and keep the arm/shoulder flab non existent if your rubbing T in.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Im curious about that as well - I do know that T converts to E in bodyfat. Probably even more of a reason to stay lean and keep the arm/shoulder flab non existent if your rubbing T in.
I belive that constant application to either fore arm and not rotating sites was my biggest error and from alteranating sites i have found that i am pissing alot better and less irritable and erections are stronger then ever and won't stop, more aggression and desire, GF notice could not reconize me on the phone voice is changing, my breathing has also improved as well. I seem to think by not rotating sites with cream that a resevoir builds up of testosterone and you either because testosterone resistant or it just converts to excessive estrogen which we all want to avoid that for sure. Its been almost 2 weeks since I started to rotating sites and I do fee alot better and I beleive by continue this method I will not have to take any either and save a crap load of money and less drugs in my system.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
On no supps or anabolic steroids at time of bloodwork. No history of anabolic steroids. Bloodwork done at Quest Diagnostics

Reference ranges in parenthesis

IGF-1 130 (126 - 382ng)

DHEA 520 (110 - 500)

T-4 FREE 1.5 (.8 - 1.8)

TSH 1.21 (.4 - 5.5)

ESTRADOIL 43 (10 - 50)

PSA .3

T3 FREE 317 (230 - 420)

TEST, TOTAL 490 (245 - 1836)

TEST FREE 18.9 (12 - 40)

TEST, %OF FREE .4 (.2 - .68)
I would start with few more tests, DHT, SHBG, Albumin, or if you can
Testosterone, LC/MS/MS from Quest Diagnostics

Free, Bioavailable, and Total Testosterone
-------
Just looking at present tests:
Rasie FreeT3 to about 3.8, or 380
For 160# body weight, use two pills for 3-4 days then taper to one pill daily of
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Do not use Arimidex.
Use TMG with above.
Do not use HCG that you just purchased, just not yet.
Do not do HCG before you get baseline (LH, FSH, Prolactin, what not)
You most likely have a GH in your future.
Keep us posted of your Dr findings.
I am not a doctor, but I dance with doctors.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

-------
For 160# body weight, use two pills for 3-4 days then taper to one pill daily of
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Do not use Arimidex.
Use TMG with above.

They(Quest) tested for DHT. It says its "Pending" on my bloodwork papers...whatever that means.

Yea GH is inevitable. Im excited to see how I respond to higher levels.

Im seeing Dr Crisler this month.

Yea I don't think they checked for LH, FSH, Prolactin.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
They(Quest) tested for DHT. It says its "Pending" on my bloodwork papers...whatever that means.

Yea GH is inevitable. Im excited to see how I respond to higher levels.

Im seeing Dr Crisler this month.

Yea I don't think they checked for LH, FSH, Prolactin.
Before you can see Dr Crisler you should have (extensive) tests, that he most likely requires, in your hands.
Pending will not cut it. Seeing you is for legal reasons, only or 99% only, he works mostly from numbers, and interview that could be done over internet.
I am guessing that those tests are somewhat more detailed than those hi posted on his web site.
I am sure that it is good idea to be in a "steady state" before blood draw.
To get to a "steady state" you most likely have to be on un-changed whatewer you do for at least month to 6 weeks.

Please post on your experience.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Before you can see Dr Crisler you should have (extensive) tests, that he most likely requires, in your hands.
Pending will not cut it. Seeing you is for legal reasons, only or 99% only, he works mostly from numbers, and interview that could be done over internet.
I am guessing that those tests are somewhat more detailed than those hi posted on his web site.
I am sure that it is good idea to be in a "steady state" before blood draw.
To get to a "steady state" you most likely have to be on un-changed whatewer you do for at least month to 6 weeks.

Please post on your experience.
Yea will do, Im going to use this thread as reference to everything I do. :hammer:

Im back on ZMA/Fish Oil/Resveratrol. I don't believe they will skewer my tests if i have to get more done soon. Either way, I can always drop them a couple weeks prior.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Yea will do, Im going to use this thread as reference to everything I do. :hammer:

Im back on ZMA/Fish Oil/Resveratrol. I don't believe they will skewer my tests if i have to get more done soon. Either way, I can always drop them a couple weeks prior.
Sorry to grind this. Do not change anything for at least month or more before blood draw. Instead of listening to what I say, you can probably do better communicating with Kim, Dr. Crisler’s Executive Assistant, and clear things for sure.
Actually if I post information from her here, some may benefit.
----------------------
Hi Jan,

My name is Kim and I am Dr. Crisler’s Executive Assistant. In order for Dr. Crisler to dispense medical advice for treatment you must be a part of our practice. I would be happy to answer all of the questions that I can for you about becoming a patient with us.

There are two methods with which you may become a part of our practice. You may schedule an appointment with us if you are local.

You may also schedule a day trip, which many of our patients from out of state prefer. We keep our mid-day appointments open for these occasions. You can fly into our airport, which is only 15 minutes from our office. We will arrange for a cab company (that will give you a discounted rate) to have a driver there at your time of arrival.

To expedite your time in the waiting room, you can visit our website at AllThingsMale.com and go to Online Forms. Print and fill out the Medical History form and the Consent to Treat form and forward them to us via fax or mail. You may bring them with you as well. The Consultation takes between 1 and 1 1/2 hour, and the cost is $300.

The lab requisition form will go with you and may be done at your lab of choice. The prescription(s) may be filled at the pharmacies that we use or may also go with you to your pharmacy of choice.

Follow up care will be scheduled accordingly, the cost of an office visit is $50.

Follow up care may be done virtually for those of you from out of town/state with Virtual Office Visits (VOV’s)to discuss your lab results, and treatment regimen. Payment for a VOV is $50 as well, and may be taken care of via order form (found on the website under online forms) or telephone. We accept Mastercard and Visa or a check if you prefer.

In order to treat you virtually without an in house initial consultation, Dr. Crisler will need to go through your primary care physician. This can be done by having your doctor call and confer with Dr. Crisler about your situation. If your doctor is willing, you could perhaps set up a conference call so that you could be a part of the initial consultation. All conversations, recommendations, labs etc. would be copied to you. Once you have a primary care physician to work with us, you may go ahead and fill out the Medical History form and the Consent to Treat form and forward these two forms so that we may start a file for you here. You will also need to fill out and forward the online order form for the $300 Consultation fee. All labs and prescriptions will have to be written by your primary care doctor per Dr. Crisler's recommendations. Follow up care from Dr. Crisler will be charged as an office visit the cost of $50 per consult.

Preliminary labwork need not be done. Dr. Crisler has his own set of labs tailored to your specific needs. However, any records that you feel are pertinent to your current health may be forwarded, or brought with you.
As far as insurance coverage goes, we do not accept insurance here in the office for Dr. Crisler’s services. We do provide you with a receipt that you may submit to your insurance company. Most of our patients report that their labwork and prescriptions are covered, depending on their individual coverage and provider.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected], or phone the office (517)485-4424. Have a great afternoon, Kim

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hey Phil,
Yea I think estradoil is killing my hormonal profile from every standpoint. I wish my IGF was alot higher as well.

And here is the scary part - my estradoil is that level WITH an extremely strict, clean lifestyle and diet. Hell I have a 4 pack, and probably could have a 6 If I had more energy to hit the gym. BF % is really good for my age. And Ive completely given up drinking/smoking. I shudder to think what it would be if I wasn't so lean and dieting/exercising, like any other normal guy my age. Not many people in my circle of friends that eat 10 servings or more of fruits/veggies a day and stick to a clean diet/lifestyle the way I do.

I do remember that as a pre teen and early teenager, having issues with my nipples being sore. Never got any gyno though because I was always so lean and active - thank god I always was. So i think I might have always had an estradoil issue. Hard to say.

Thanks everyone for your input. :head:
Dr. Johh will get to the bottom of this let me know how it goes he is the best. I just hope your not over doing your workouts and not stressing your adrenals to the point your cortisol levels are low. A lot of guys are over doing it and getting Adrenal Fatigue.
Phil

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dr. Johh will get to the bottom of this let me know how it goes he is the best. I just hope your not over doing your workouts and not stressing your adrenals to the point your cortisol levels are low. A lot of guys are over doing it and getting Adrenal Fatigue.
Phil
Your exactly right Phil, and Im carefull not to push myself. Its a tough discipline to follow. Im an extremely competitive guy and I have a tendency to push myself to far. :duel: Its a tough balancing act to follow. I feel like my body is having a hard time keeping up with what I want to do with it.

I will follow up with everything and all experiences here. Thank you all for your imput, I feel extremely, extremely blessed and lucky that this board exists, I have a great doctor and lots of very intelligent people that I have learned from immensly. Big kudus to ksman, who has been helping me for months now. :woohoo:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

-------
Do not use Arimidex.
Use TMG with above.

I noticed you had my t3 free highlighted as a possible issue. Do you feel that its a little on the low side? My caffeine intake is a little excessive, could this be why? (stress on the adrenals) Discuss....

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I noticed you had my t3 free highlighted as a possible issue. Do you feel that its a little on the low side? My caffeine intake is a little excessive, could this be why? (stress on the adrenals) Discuss....
Caffine increases cortisol cortisol suppresses t4 to t3 conversion. but over time it will stres adrenals and lower the cortisol and hence also t4 to t3 conversion. TOO Much or too little you are screwed the same way

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Caffine increases cortisol cortisol suppresses t4 to t3 conversion. but over time it will stres adrenals and lower the cortisol and hence also t4 to t3 conversion. TOO Much or too little you are screwed the same way
Thanks. I know of caffeines affect on estradoil(raises it). Ive also heard that a high estradoil can further suppress t4 conversion to t3. :smite:

Me thinks that if I dump caffeine, get the estradoil in check with an AI, my t3 level will go up naturally. Whatcha think?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Sound like a game plan. number one rule REMOVE THE TRIGGERS FIRST THE SOURCE and then go from there. You need to look at it like a water fall you have to deal with the crap up top first before it gets to the bottom (which most drs do) not vice versa. Body has an amaxing way of rebalancing it self if given proper nutrients and remove what could be causeing the source of the problem

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the urologist. I went in for a thorough, and I mean thorough examination. Maybe a little too thorough for my liking ;)

I wanted to rule out any existing health issues and make sure I was 100 percent, and nothing extrernally/physical was going on. With all this talk about varicocles and such, I wanted to make sure. Doctor checked everything. Complete testical exam as well. Everything great. Checked my prostate. Said it was excellent. I must say, I was VERY impressed with his knowledge. He definitely knew his stuff. He also complemented me on the fact he was very impressed of my knowledge of the endocrine system ;).

He asked about morning erections and was troubled by the fact I don't get any. He sent me in to get my Free, Total T checked, along with FSH, LH and prolactin. He seen my prior blodwork above. I should have asked to let him allow me to get my SHBG checked. Forgot to. Dammit.

Along with all the other bloodwork I have, this complete checkup with the urologist, I should have a nice collection of data before I see Dr John.

All in all, this doctor spent a lengthy amount of time and was the nicest, most thorough MD Ive ever spoken too. And knew his stuff. There was lots of pictures of athletes/teams on the wall, that i think he may have treated. Gives me hope there are still good MD's out there.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the urologist. I went in for a thorough, and I mean thorough examination. Maybe a little too thorough for my liking ;)

I wanted to rule out any existing health issues and make sure I was 100 percent, and nothing extrernally/physical was going on. With all this talk about varicocles and such, I wanted to make sure. Doctor checked everything. Complete testical exam as well. Everything great. Checked my prostate. Said it was excellent. I must say, I was VERY impressed with his knowledge. He definitely knew his stuff. He also complemented me on the fact he was very impressed of my knowledge of the endocrine system ;).

He asked about morning erections and was troubled by the fact I don't get any. He sent me in to get my Free, Total T checked, along with FSH, LH and prolactin. He seen my prior blodwork above. I should have asked to let him allow me to get my SHBG checked. Forgot to. Dammit.

Along with all the other bloodwork I have, this complete checkup with the urologist, I should have a nice collection of data before I see Dr John.

All in all, this doctor spent a lengthy amount of time and was the nicest, most thorough MD Ive ever spoken too. And knew his stuff. There was lots of pictures of athletes/teams on the wall, that i think he may have treated. Gives me hope there are still good MD's out there.

If you do (Free and Total Testosterone), the FreeT is useless.

But if you have TT, SHGB and Albumin then you can calculate the FreeT and BAT all by yourself and compare to what Dr Shippen is using.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

If you do (Free and Total Testosterone), the FreeT is useless.

But if you have TT, SHGB and Albumin then you can calculate the FreeT and BAT all by yourself and compare to what Dr Shippen is using.
Your right. Im sure Dr John will include those in his panel.

Im curious to see what my T looks like since it was last measured in November.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Your right. Im sure Dr John will include those in his panel.

Im curious to see what my T looks like since it was last measured in November.
It would not hurt if you check the script yourself for content, before you go to Quest Diagnostics to have blood drawn.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It would not hurt if you check the script yourself for content, before you go to Quest Diagnostics to have blood drawn.
Yea, but I can't forge it and check off what I want extra.....Can I?

It has a list of multiple tests, including albumin, etc.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Yea, but I can't forge it and check off what I want extra.....Can I?

It has a list of multiple tests, including albumin, etc.
1. My doc told me that I can mark anything else if I want to add anything latter on, the whole premise is that I test what I want, he just makes sanity check. If it is going to cost me money over what insurance pays, that is my problem not his.

2. Yesterday I got in a mail my script, it is on Quest Diagnostic form. I see that form for the first time. I see right away that I have many problems with this script. Ether I will be able to correct this existing script, if not I will have to make another trip to my doc. We already have understanding that since it is a first time it takes little longer to figure out what to do. One of the problems is that to get the right testosterone test (TT, FreeT, BAT), the test have to be written as a special test rather than the "canned" TT+FreeT. So even the form is designed with prejudice. Remember TT+FreeT is a useless test, done only so they can recoup money for equipment they purchased.