Brain Fog after exercise!!!!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Brain Fog after exercise!!!!!

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.

Brain Fog after exercise!!!!!

Guys I am wondering if you have any thoughts on the following: I know the following might seem a bit strange, but....

I have returned to graduate school and notice that for time periods when I am not exercising my brain feels sharper and my ability to learn and retain the material I am in class to lear is much better. When I am on an exercise program (even with relatively low volume and intensity) my brain feels pretty dull and I do not understand nor retain the material I am supposed to learn as readily or at all.

I am wondering if anyoen has thoughts as to what possible hormonal internal mechanisms may be playing a role here. I really don't want to not work out but its seems like I can not keep up in school if I am on any kind of regular workout program.

Mr.50

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.50
    Guys I am wondering if you have any thoughts on the following: I know the following might seem a bit strange, but....

I have returned to graduate school and notice that for time periods when I am not exercising my brain feels sharper and my ability to learn and retain the material I am in class to lear is much better. When I am on an exercise program (even with relatively low volume and intensity) my brain feels pretty dull and I do not understand nor retain the material I am supposed to learn as readily or at all.

I am wondering if anyoen has thoughts as to what possible hormonal internal mechanisms may be playing a role here. I really don't want to not work out but its seems like I can not keep up in school if I am on any kind of regular workout program.

Mr.50
    Iím the exact opposite. I take a week off from working out every 8 weeks. Im almost done a week off peroid now. I start going back to the gym on Wednesday. Anyways, Iíve noticed I have been screwing up at work much more lately on simple little things since I havenít been going to the gym. Im finding it harder to focus and concentrate when I dont go to the gym
  3. Elite Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.

any thoughts? Burnt out brain chemicals? ????
  5. Senior Member

I would do some tests what comes to mind are Cortisol a morning test Thyroid. Most men doing exercise there T levels go up unless they are over doing it.
    Phil
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.

Thanks for the info. Would love to rep you if I could.

Mr.50
  7. Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Would love to rep you if I could.

Mr.50
    Rep me what is this I am game for anything except the unknown.
    Phil
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Rep me what is this I am game for anything except the unknown.
    Phil
    Ok I see now I am slow today brain fog from low adrenals and Thyroid in bad need of a new body.
    Phil
  9. 1cc

Mr.50
    You can check adrenals and thyroid.
    For Adrenals do saliva cortisol labs at Metametrix Clinical Laboratory - Nutritional and Biochemical Testing, blood cortisol is unreliable . Four saliva samples are taken during the day, and you will be able to see at what times of the day your cortisol goes low. Also do blood DHEA Sulfate.
    For thyroid do blood TSH, Free T3 and Free T4. Hopefully these will give you a clue.
  10. Elite Member

any thoughts? Burnt out brain chemicals? ????
    Thoughts yes but I don't know if they are worth a damn. I was wondering about bloodflow.......concerned that maybe your lungs weren't taking in enough oxygen or that it wasn't being exchanged efficiently by the heart....so your exertion was leading to bad oxygen to waste gas ratios in the blood.

BUT....I have no medical training. That's just what came to mind when I read this.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.

Sounds like reasonable thinking also. I agree. by all other accounts I should be in pretty good cardio health but you never know.

Mr.50

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Thoughts yes but I don't know if they are worth a damn. I was wondering about bloodflow.......concerned that maybe your lungs weren't taking in enough oxygen or that it wasn't being exchanged efficiently by the heart....so your exertion was leading to bad oxygen to waste gas ratios in the blood.

BUT....I have no medical training. That's just what came to mind when I read this.
  12. Registered User

You would think the opposite would hold true - better focus and such as a result of training (the whole oxygen getting pushed throughout your body, including the brain). Better to get it checked out by a professional, because who knows what could be going on. Like someone else said it could just be from overtraining also. Best of luck.
  13. 1cc

Both yeahright and tomall2 have made very good points. A more thorough evaluation is necessary.
  14. New Member

Although I do not have an explanation for this, I too have experienced this. Also, I have given up whey protein powders as I have nearly convinced they make my brain "fuzzy" for lack of a better term. Neurotransmitters being used up for exercise perhaps?
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.

A decent amount. Nothing extrordinary though. Food is somewhat limited by expenses at the present moment.

Mr.50

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    I concur. Ummm...are you getting enough carbs afterward?
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  182 lbs.

Okay, it is 6 years after your post. Have you found a solution to your "Brain fog after exercise?" Thanks.
  17. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by deejer67
    Okay, it is 6 years after your post. Have you found a solution to your "Brain fog after exercise?" Thanks.
    Low adrenal out.put.be most.logical conclusion or.blood pressure or sugar drop.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Temperature drop after exercise?
    By Mr.50 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 09:27 AM
  2. Varicocele - Brain fog,Headache
    By darkblue1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:21 AM
  3. Leg tingles after exercise, should I worry?
    By marius in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 11:23 AM
  4. Brain fog = screwed up labs
    By GRIMNURUK in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 02:53 PM
  5. supplements for brain fog?
    By dark_star in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 06:43 PM