Questions about androgel

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I read all the info about putting androgel on shoulders/upper arms abs, and I think I read something about only using side of abs keeps it off the fat?

When you are using the packet I can cover all the areas and still have more in the packet, do I put it over top of areas I've already covered, is that wasting it or just what you have to do?

Any good success stories anyone would like to share on androgel?

I've been training hard for the last 2 years and not really seeing great results, some results but feel like they should have been better, started with a T of 202, should androgel improve results from work out, more muscle, more fat loss?

Thanks,

Jim

bbuck

Awards
The aromatace enzyme is more concentrated in fat cells. And it helps convert test over to estradiol.

As long as there is no white desidue after all the gel has been absorbed ,you should be able to apply more gel the same areas that have had previous applications.

You should see some improvement in your workouts and your body composition. But dont count on putting on 10 lbs of muscle.

Smoothlove

Awards
I like androgell fine, put my test lvls up to the 700-800's
I also use it on my thighs and calfs.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Good info, I will give that a try in the morning, see if I can't get a bit more smooth in my application.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Good info, I will give that a try in the morning, see if I can't get a bit more smooth in my application.
Here is my input on this if one is using Androgel just spread it out but not to much do not rub it in let it dry from wet.

If using Testim spread it out and rub it in well.

I was doing Testim and the dose was 10 grams so I would like Dr. John said put the 5 gram tube of gel into my hand and spread it on my upper arms and shoulders and down my back as far as I could reach. I did this for both sides and rubbed it in well. I would eat breakfast then put on a T shirt if I put the shirt on to soon it stuck to the gel.
Phil

Smoothlove

Awards
Reason I put it on my calves and thighs also is that 10 Gr. of androgell is alot of gell!
I put it on my arms, flanks, shoulders, upper back and thighs, than put a little water on both hands rub them together (seems to be a god bit left over dry on my hands) and then rub them on my calves.

shugga

Awards
Unless you are having a "testosterone frost", as I like to call it, cut down on the area.
I have gotten this a few times. I've only been on the gel for about a week, so I hope it will eventually go away.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Can you please explain why? Is it just a matter of drawing labs or other reason?
If you get the gel on the site they draw blood it will spike your test and the levels will come back very high. I would do a shower the morning of my test and not put the gel on but go do the blood draw at 8am and then put on the gel. If you can't do this then put on your gel keep the gel away from the site they take the blood and do the blood test anytime after 2 to 3 hrs. Your results should be good.
Phil

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Well there you go my Dr. has been doing it wrong. I am not one gels anymore but I will give him a heads up on this.
Phil
No No No! How can I measure serum T levels, that is, how much of a given dose has found its way into the bloodstream, and also your ability to metabolize same, if you have not applied the T? I know how it is supposed to perform, and need to rely upon patient complience to accurately assess response.

This is why it says TAKE ALL MEDICATION AS DIRECTED on my Pre-Lab instructions. Still, some of my guys decide to do their own thing, and we then have to rerun the entire sex hormone panel--this holds things up a couple more weeks.

Applying the TD to the antecubital fossa--where the blood is drawn--will make you look as if you are on steroids when the labs come back. I scratched my head for a while the first time that happened, until I figured it out.