DMSO + Androgel HRT - AnabolicMinds.com

DMSO + Androgel HRT

  1. New Member
    bodybuilder8806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    125

    Reputation

    DMSO + Androgel HRT


    I've been put on HRT due to hypogonadism and take 5g of androgel daily.

    ""A daily application of AndroGel 5 g, 7.5 g, or 10 g contains 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of testosterone, respectively, to be applied daily to the skin's surface. Approximately 10% of the applied testosterone dose is absorbed across skin of average permeability during a 24-hour period. ""

    So im getting roughly 5 mg of test daily. I have been doing some research and have found that DMSO increases the skins permability which might allow up to 30% absorbtion of the gel instead of the average 10%. I was wondering how I would incorporate the DMSO. I have found 99% DMSO that is in a roll on dispenser and was wondering if I could topically apply the roll on DMSO and then apply my androgel to the same areas resulting in better absorbtion of androgel. For any chemistry inclined people here these are the ingredients in androgel:

    ""The active pharmacologic ingredient in AndroGel is testosterone. Testosterone USP is a white to practically white crystalline powder chemically described as 17-beta hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one.

    Inactive ingredients in AndroGel are ethanol 67.0%, purified water, sodium hydroxide, carbomer 980 and isopropyl myristate; these ingredients are not pharmacologically active.""

  2. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder8806
    Inactive ingredients in AndroGel are ethanol 67.0%, purified water, sodium hydroxide, carbomer 980 and isopropyl myristate; these ingredients are not pharmacologically active.""
    I'd be concerned about increasing the absorbtion rate of these personally....but others with a medical background might have a more informed opinion.
  3. New Member
    bodybuilder8806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    125

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    I'd be concerned about increasing the absorbtion rate of these personally....but others with a medical background might have a more informed opinion.
    Well im taking 5 grams where some people are prescribed 10grams each day without any side effects or problems from the ingredients, but my opinion is very limited also, thanks for your response.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder8806
    Well im taking 5 grams where some people are prescribed 10grams each day without any side effects or problems from the ingredients, but my opinion is very limited also, thanks for your response.
    It's my understanding that those alcohols normally evaporate on the surface of the skin....they're essentially just solvents to carry the active. With DMSO, they may get absorbed into the bloodstream, which is what I would be concerned about.
  5. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    26293

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder8806
    I've been put on HRT due to hypogonadism and take 5g of androgel daily.

    ""A daily application of AndroGel 5 g, 7.5 g, or 10 g contains 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of testosterone, respectively, to be applied daily to the skin's surface. Approximately 10% of the applied testosterone dose is absorbed across skin of average permeability during a 24-hour period. ""

    So im getting roughly 5 mg of test daily. I have been doing some research and have found that DMSO increases the skins permability which might allow up to 30% absorbtion of the gel instead of the average 10%. I was wondering how I would incorporate the DMSO. I have found 99% DMSO that is in a roll on dispenser and was wondering if I could topically apply the roll on DMSO and then apply my androgel to the same areas resulting in better absorbtion of androgel. For any chemistry inclined people here these are the ingredients in androgel:

    ""The active pharmacologic ingredient in AndroGel is testosterone. Testosterone USP is a white to practically white crystalline powder chemically described as 17-beta hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one.

    Inactive ingredients in AndroGel are ethanol 67.0%, purified water, sodium hydroxide, carbomer 980 and isopropyl myristate; these ingredients are not pharmacologically active.""
    Are you able to recieve the shot? I think that might help your situatuin better.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  6. New Member
    bodybuilder8806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    125

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    Are you able to recieve the shot? I think that might help your situatuin better.
    I'd be happy to take injections for more convience for me and i'd even let them show me a couple times then continue doing them myself. My doctor referred to them as less convienent though, and said that there are to many hormone flunctuations while taking injections while the gels are more consistent. If the DMSO would work though i'd be satisfied with absorbing 15mg of testosterone each day instead of 5.
  7. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950991

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Check out the stickies in new the HRT Forum. There are varied methods, and it sems our physicians sometimes need to understand a little better about the frequency of injections. I too am using AndroGel at 5g a day. I will let follow-up bloodwork determine course of action from here.

    Like yeahright said, I would be concerned with the absorption of the solvent in the AndroGel. But who knows how much you will get and how harmful it would be.

    I'm gonna move you over there for discussion.
  8. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950991

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I have also heard that you can apply the DMSO prior to the gel of choice to prep the skin for penetration of the active.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 05:39 PM
  2. DMSO and androgel
    By RugbyHooligan in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 03:16 PM
  3. HRT and androgel
    By calvin6697 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 11:30 AM
  4. T1 Pro w/ DMSO any feedback?
    By pogue in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2002, 09:36 AM
  5. T1 and DMSO
    By hemotep in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in