TRT question

S

strongerbond

Awards
hi there ,i hope im in the right forum to ask this question,iam 42 yo have low test ( 260) and an underactive thyroid,my doc gave me something for the later i started that last week and today he gave me the first testosterone shot,750mg of a slow acting test iam assuming its undercanoate ,he said ill have to come back in a month for another shot(same dose) then every 10 weeks after that,is this a protocol that anyone is familiar with? eventhough i like that i dont have to pin frequently but i really thought that the once or twice a week was the way to go from what ive been reading for the past 2 years about it,also ive told the doctor in my first visit that i want to have kids since i dont have any yet and if i will be put on hcg or something and his answer was that hcg is for patients thats been on trt for 10 years and more,do u guys know anything about it?cause thats another thing that contradicts what ive been researching about this matter,my understanding was that u get put on hcg if u planning on having kids from the jump then stop test at some point before conceiving or something similar?thank u in advance for any info u can provide.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
it’s called Nebo shot.
It’s really no different than the pellets and just pain in the ass literally. Basically you are stuck with what they gave you. If you have issue well you are sh!t out of luck and just need to ride it out.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The 3cc US version is Aveed and the 4cc EU version is Nebido. Same drug but the US FDA wouldn't approve the 4cc version due to injection site pain. It works well but can cause high E2 as the Test levels spike. Keep track of E2 symptoms and anti-aromatase helps prevent the E2 spikes. They also extend the active life of the shot about 3 weeks since it's being utilized more efficiently. The last 3-4 weeks of either dose tends to drop off quickly to around 350 ng/dL.

I prefer hCG at low daily doses, about 100-200iu daily. I'm prescribed Test Cyp so I do low, daily dosing. This prevents the E2 spikes and gives me a much better feeling of overall wellness. Using it alongside the TRT will help stabilize your Test levels and really compliment the overall experience.

Matrix is very good at TRT and wellness. I'd read through his posts. He pushes correcting nutritional deficits to heal the body and is typically the voice of reason.

S

strongerbond

Awards
thank u so much,i did ask for hcg but as u see in my op the doctor said thats for ppl on trt for over 10years,anyways i can always go see another doctor cause i do wanna have kids,thanks again and i will def check out Matrix posts.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thank u so much,i did ask for hcg but as u see in my op the doctor said thats for ppl on trt for over 10years,anyways i can always go see another doctor cause i do wanna have kids,thanks again and i will def check out Matrix posts.
hCG is proven to maintain fertility in men when started with TRT. Also, your Doc's opinion is just that, an opinion. There is no factual evidence to support his view. It's your health but I'd source a new doc. This is for life so it's worth the effort.

S

strongerbond

Awards
hey,may i ask u another question please? doc said the goal is to get me to an 800 test level range,is that a high enough number for building muscle or do i still need to do a cycle here and there for a little boost?thank u

S

strongerbond

Awards
thank u for the info,i couldnt find what is a Nebo shot when i googled it though can u please tell me me a little more?thank u

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Serum Test levels are very individual requirements but 800's is usually a good level. Keeping E2 in check is vital for most men and even that requires some tinkering to get right. I feel best with slightly higher E2. Here is some info on your prescription.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone_undecanoate

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Total testosterone is basically a worthless number and one needs to look at the factors preventing it from being utilized properly. In hormones it not absolute it’s about ratios and relationships. This is what I have been teaching and educating doctors for years on