Coming off TRT

grantlyt

Awards
I put myself on TRT 3 years ago when I discovered that my test levels were at the lowish end on the reference range approx 15 nmol/l. I know that this is not really low but I am combating a rare type of genetic muscle wasting condition that probably will end me up in a wheelchair and I thought that I would be best suited to having test in the higher range of normal.
The 3 year year experiment involved blasting and cruising but there has been no noticeable improvement or even slowing down of my muscle wasting.
At 43 years of age and being on for 3 years am I wasting my time in trying to now get off TRT? I was considering trying the Dr Scally Power PCT and have HCG on hand.
Any thoughts welcome.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I put myself on TRT 3 years ago when I discovered that my test levels were at the lowish end on the reference range approx 15 nmol/l. I know that this is not really low but I am combating a rare type of genetic muscle wasting condition that probably will end me up in a wheelchair and I thought that I would be best suited to having test in the higher range of normal.
The 3 year year experiment involved blasting and cruising but there has been no noticeable improvement or even slowing down of my muscle wasting.
At 43 years of age and being on for 3 years am I wasting my time in trying to now get off TRT? I was considering trying the Dr Scally Power PCT and have HCG on hand.
Any thoughts welcome.
You probably already know this but self prescribed TRT was a mistake. Getting your natural production to kick back up after three years is going to be almost impossible. There have been some guys that have been successful, but it’s a low percentage. You may be better off finding a really good dr and get help.

grantlyt

Awards
Yes I am seeing an endo at the moment and he is close to prescribing me TRT. He thinks that I should have a go at coming off first even though Ive been on for 3 years. I like you think that my chance of getting back to normal test levels is very remote. .