3 month trt question

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys so doc has me on 50mg Test C once a week to start my try journey. He's really open to prescribing but really strict on dosing. My 3 month BW is coming up Monday which is my injection day. Should I do the injection before my appointment at 8am like normal (9:30 appt) or should I hold off and inject after?

My 2 concerns are 1 I inject, test comes back at 600 and he says all is good. Even though that is peak. Or I don't inject ad test comes back too low and he suspects me of not injecting.

I'm probably WAY over thinking but what's your thoughts?

grondi

grondi

Awards
Doc should have told you when to last dose before your bloods. Check with the office and see what they say. For me it was 3-4 day buffer between injection and BW.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys so doc has me on 50mg Test C once a week to start my try journey. He's really open to prescribing but really strict on dosing. My 3 month BW is coming up Monday which is my injection day. Should I do the injection before my appointment at 8am like normal (9:30 appt) or should I hold off and inject after?

My 2 concerns are 1 I inject, test comes back at 600 and he says all is good. Even though that is peak. Or I don't inject ad test comes back too low and he suspects me of not injecting.

I'm probably WAY over thinking but what's your thoughts?
Inject AFTER you blood work.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
See he told me blood levels stabilize after 3 months...smh. so he said it doesn't matter really. Obviously he's wrong lol

I was leaning towards dosing after and if he asks I'll just tell him I dose it before bed after my shower. And hopefully he ups the dose some. 50mg has definitely helped but I would like to see how then upper limits feel 1000-1200.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
See he told me blood levels stabilize after 3 months...smh. so he said it doesn't matter really. Obviously he's wrong lol

I was leaning towards dosing after and if he asks I'll just tell him I dose it before bed after my shower. And hopefully he ups the dose some. 50mg has definitely helped but I would like to see how then upper limits feel 1000-1200.
Remember this...just because he’s a dr doesn’t mean he knows what he’s talking about. Search for an integrative medicine dr. Also, more is not better as far as test levels. Don’t get caught up on wanting to be at the top of the range. Some guys can be just fine at 600 and be absolute beasts in the gym. Some do better at higher levels. You’ve got to figure out what works for you.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Remember this...just because he’s a dr doesn’t mean he knows what he’s talking about. Search for an integrative medicine dr. Also, more is not better as far as test levels. Don’t get caught up on wanting to be at the top of the range. Some guys can be just fine at 600 and be absolute beasts in the gym. Some do better at higher levels. You’ve got to figure out what works for you.
Yeah he's definitely not the know all for test. But right now it's affordable an works. As far as dosing goes I don't care about the number, I'm looking for the optimal dose, not the highest dose. And actually I'm looking for benefits outside the gym. I'm pretty happy with progress there surprisingly

grondi

grondi

Awards
I stopped seeing my local doc just because they weren't really interested in seeing me at the correct levels. (They just kept ramping up the dose of TRT)
I switched to a popular online portal and SO MUCH better. (Like Defy-Entourage ect...)
Price point is good (don't forget to work you BW into the costs) and super happy i got away from my old docs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with an integrated or Internist if at all possible, but if this is what you've got, it's what you've got. You mind set is right to not be caring about the numbers, so the question is- how do you feel? 50mg weekly is pretty low, so it will be interesting to see what your trough is like.

And as mentioned- you get your labs at your low point. DO NOT inject before getting tested.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
I agree with an integrated or Internist if at all possible, but if this is what you've got, it's what you've got. You mind set is right to not be caring about the numbers, so the question is- how do you feel? 50mg weekly is pretty low, so it will be interesting to see what your trough is like.

And as mentioned- you get your labs at your low point. DO NOT inject before getting tested.
Yeah he is my pcp and like him he’s just not extremely versed in trt but he’s open and willing to work with me which is good.

As to how it’s working. I’m 26 FYI. Good sleep, ok sex drive, mood is good for 3 days after injection and pretty low by injection day but still better than pre trt. Mind is more clear. Gym performance is much better than expected. I went in because of the psychological issues, I’ve not had problems in the gym but a little help would be nice lol all in all it’s better than before but still not great.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Once a week injection, blood work should be taken day 4 or 5 not on the 7 th. I suspect you will be in the 300-350 range if lucky lol
Inject after the blood draw

I been at 50-60 mgs of test once a week and doing fine. Levels are still 650 on trough with upper level free testosterone and e2 smack in the middle with shbg at 20-24.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Haven't got my email with results yet but it was low enough doc bumped the dose to 100mg weekly. Always do your own research and don't strictly rely on Dr. He was only going to test total T. But he's open and listens to me so it works ok.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I recently got on trt, had mentioned to the Dr that my libido was pretty much non existent, I was tired all the time, I would drown out the kids but then I could kinda pop off if I got really annoyed. He suggested a blood panel. They called and said my levels were extremely low, did another test then got prescribed 200 cyp every 2 weeks. In doing 50 every 3.5 days based on recommendations of people on trt forums. In going back in a few weeks to see where I'm at and if dose needs to be adjusted. I will say it's been night and day difference since starting. Me and my wife went from having sex maybe once a week to once a day. I was working out for years and making slowwwww progress. Now lifts are going up 5-10lbs per week and I'm gaining size like crazy and leaning out. it's really minds blowing how big of a difference this makes. I wish I'd gone in sooner, I feel like I've wasted years just spinning my wheels. Did your doctor give you an AI to take? I'm going to ask mine for all my blood test results as they didn't provide them, and also discuss more frequent injections as well as estrogen control. Good luck bud, I wish ya the best. Let us know how things work out and progress!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Do not jump to an AI unless symptoms are present. Blood work doesn’t always line up to symptoms especially with the endocrine system

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Do not jump to an AI unless symptoms are present. Blood work doesn’t always line up to symptoms especially with the endocrine system

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Will do. I noticed changes the first few weeks, I use to have really bad dry skin, red flaky itchy. After first couple weeks of injections I noticed it was very oily, and my hair was as well I had to wash it more frequently. Skin is still good now being on for over a month and not oily but not dry either so maybe it balanced out. Thanks for the tip.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Will do. I noticed changes the first few weeks, I use to have really bad dry skin, red flaky itchy. After first couple weeks of injections I noticed it was very oily, and my hair was as well I had to wash it more frequently. Skin is still good now being on for over a month and not oily but not dry either so maybe it balanced out. Thanks for the tip.
No AI for me as my natural E was almost non existent so I don’t aromatize much at all. When I get my bloods back from 50mg I’ll reevaluate but right now i still have some sides from low E.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No AI for me as my natural E was almost non existent so I don’t aromatize much at all. When I get my bloods back from 50mg I’ll reevaluate but right now i still have some sides from low E.
That's good. I almost feel like my E was low before starting . I held tone of water, dry skin, real achy swollen joints. I'm hoping mine comes back within range and I don't need an AI although I like the idea of having one on hand.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good advice. My estradiol tested high. I did some research and found a specific test is needed a sensitive lc/ms estrogen test.

(I have the exact name written down with my blood-work. After that test it came back in range.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
First injection with 100mg was fine but my leg is more sore than normal. Nothing crazy just feels like a Charlie horse. Is that just the added volume or did I do a crappy job pinning? I did it in the quad.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First injection with 100mg was fine but my leg is more sore than normal. Nothing crazy just feels like a Charlie horse. Is that just the added volume or did I do a crappy job pinning? I did it in the quad.
What size needle are you using?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
30g pre-heated oil to the delts.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Got my BW back. Test was 218 in the trough lol no wonder I was feeling like crap by day 5 post injection

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Delts are less painful. I rotate between delts, glutes and quads.
Here’s a theory I have been tossing around
Since I used to inject into my a$$ all the time I developed scar tissue. I notice when I rotate to area of less scar tissue my aromatase does not seem to be an issue. When I start injecting into glute more often weekly, I notice e2 symptoms come back and even stomach is bloated to 6 months preggers vs flat and leaner. This was the only variable i changes over the course of several weeks. Does shooting into scar tissue enhance aromatase activity? Through anedoctal evidence it does have not found any studies on it yet. I lean out faster on quad and delta shots vs glutes

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here’s a theory I have been tossing around
Since I used to inject into my a$$ all the time I developed scar tissue. I notice when I rotate to area of less scar tissue my aromatase does not seem to be an issue. When I start injecting into glute more often weekly, I notice e2 symptoms come back and even stomach is bloated to 6 months preggers vs flat and leaner. This was the only variable i changes over the course of several weeks. Does shooting into scar tissue enhance aromatase activity? Through anedoctal evidence it does have not found any studies on it yet. I lean out faster on quad and delta shots vs glutes
That’s a good question. To add something to that, I used to strictly inject in my glutes until I found out about the quads. I then changed to the quads and after a short period of time I began rotating between those two sites. I did this for about 4 years. Then I added my delts to the mix and began rotating between the three locations but found myself, out of convenience, pinning my delts more. For 4 years I was using the same amount of test per twice a week injection of 50 mgs and .25 mgs of arimidex on days I inject, so
.5 mgs per week total. After about 8 months of pinning mainly in my delts, I’ve dropped my arimidex dose to .25 mgs once a week. I go to the dr today to get my bloodwork results so I’m curious to see my E2 levels. But what gives? Why have I all of a sudden began to aromatase less? I had no diet change and no change in workout routine. If anything, my diet was worse in those 8 months with less working out.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My Dr's a douche when it comes to this, I tested at 305 (like right over the low limit before they lowered it even more to like 250).
So I do it myself (get my gear) and run my own bloods (PrivateMD). Tweak your dose so numbers are what you want, and how good you also feel.
I did a blast at 500 per week split over 2 doses (never again, too much for me, I came in at 2400, was horny 24x7, so much so I couldnt think about anything else). Plus prostate swelling and PSA rising. I now just do 100 per week, all my numbers are in line, PSA and prostate back to normal, very good libido (but not insane) and my test is up around 800 total. (Perfect for me at age 52)... Takes some tweaking and testing, but youll get it..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
That’s a good question. To add something to that, I used to strictly inject in my glutes until I found out about the quads. I then changed to the quads and after a short period of time I began rotating between those two sites. I did this for about 4 years. Then I added my delts to the mix and began rotating between the three locations but found myself, out of convenience, pinning my delts more. For 4 years I was using the same amount of test per twice a week injection of 50 mgs and .25 mgs of arimidex on days I inject, so
.5 mgs per week total. After about 8 months of pinning mainly in my delts, I’ve dropped my arimidex dose to .25 mgs once a week. I go to the dr today to get my bloodwork results so I’m curious to see my E2 levels. But what gives? Why have I all of a sudden began to aromatase less? I had no diet change and no change in workout routine. If anything, my diet was worse in those 8 months with less working out.
I think shooting into scar tissue is causing the testosterone to get trapped between different layers in of adipose where aromatase activity is greatest especially if needle is shorter. I do not think guys start out on TRT with have this issue unless they were previous steroid users. I brought this up to a good colleague of mine Dr Carrie Jones from Dutch hormone labs. She was very intrigued with it. She said it make perfect sense from a medical perspective

She also noted pregenolone does not effect hormone levels as majority of pregnenolone is found with in the mitochondrion. We have been mislead all these years ..

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got my BW back. Test was 218 in the trough lol no wonder I was feeling like crap by day 5 post injection
same thing happened to me by day 5 on 100 mgs I was 275 by day six I was 240. Some guys will still be high or normal. More than likely you're a fast metabolizer of testosterone meaning it goes through you faster than some. Its still quite normal though.

Theres some studies that show once generay after four days testosterone levels drop off with cyp. Ive done once every seven, once every five.. Currently I do smaller doses once every 3.5 days and I feel better on this and blood work confirms this. Some guys can do once every seven days. This is where bloodwork and years of blood testing experience come in

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Ok got another question. Just got my Estrogen test back and they did total estrogens and my level was 87 on a ref range of 40-115. I’ve been moody, had some water retention and also been really flush in the face. This was on 50mg weekly and I just jumped to 100mg weekly. What are your suggestions for estrogen control?

Blacktail70

Awards
Once a week injections are going to reek havoc on you! Your test levels will be a roller coaster and up your chances of sides. You need to split the injection up. I do Monday, Thursday. Honestly doc will never know the difference and it will be much better on your body!

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Once a week injections are going to reek havoc on you! Your test levels will be a roller coaster and up your chances of sides. You need to split the injection up. I do Monday, Thursday. Honestly doc will never know the difference and it will be much better on your body!
Yeah he started me on every 2 weeks I convinced him to do every week. Do you know. If splitting the injections affects how it aromatizes? I thought I read something about that but can’t find it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
First I would question the doctors true understand of TRT. If a doctor is testing total estrogens that is a red Flag to how much they actually know about TRT administration and proper monitoring. It would be suggested to find another Dr ASAP, but if he is actually trainable then he’s a keeper lol

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
First I would question the doctors true understand of TRT. If a doctor is testing total estrogens that is a red Flag to how much they actually know about TRT administration and proper monitoring. It would be suggested to find another Dr ASAP, but if he is actually trainable then he’s a keeper lol
Yeah he doesn’t I’m on my own which is fine, I’ll get my test from him so I’m legal and get all ancillaries on my own. He’s open and will listen but he’s more exoensive we bloodwork And office visits. He has never tested shbg, free t, prolactin, cholesterol, hemocrit, psa, etc. All he pulled was total T and the others I had to ask for.

Blacktail70

Awards
Yeah he doesn’t I’m on my own which is fine, I’ll get my test from him so I’m legal and get all ancillaries on my own. He’s open and will listen but he’s more exoensive we bloodwork And office visits. He has never tested shbg, free t, prolactin, cholesterol, hemocrit, psa, etc. All he pulled was total T and the others I had to ask for.
All the things he has never tested need to be tested. I'm tested for all that twice a year. You definitely need someone who will do the proper blood work!

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Well after looking at the labs I realized they didn’t pull the sensitive E test and the ref range is for a premenstrual woman....so I’m going to get my own bloods and ancillaries and just use him for the script. Gonna go next week and get CBC,cmp, e2, igf1, lipids, psa, total and free T, SHBG, and a Thyroid profile. Based on those results I’ll adjust as needed.