Multivitamin and supplements on Clomid

C

cigpk

Awards
I want to optimize my supplementation while on Clomid. I'm 27, currently on just 12.5 mg clomid EOD and have been on clomid for about 8 months; my supplements are only as follows:

-Orange triad multivitamin
-fish oil
-L-arginine, sometimes with pycnogenol thrown in
-b complex
-magnesium at night
-curcumin/turmeric occasionally for joint pain flare ups

I need a new multivitamin first and foremost. Orange triad is great, but it wrecks my stomach, causing bad bloating and stomach pains all day long. I even halved the dosage and split it up with meals, still not helping. I bought RAW ONE for men but noticed it doesn't have iodine in it which worries me...

I want to avoid a multivitamin like Animal Pak that has insane amounts of B6 - I'd like to keep that under 30 -50 mg/day if possible because I'm prone to nerve problems with high B6 doses. I would like to keep zinc around 15 mg if possible, i am prone to low e2 problems (joint pain especially)

I have a few Q's though... what should I be looking for in my multivitamin? I want something specifically geared toward very active men.

Should I be avoiding saw palmetto? what about these vitamins with things like ginseng, ginkgo, other male performance add-ons?

I do like the way NOW ADAM multi looks but concerned over what I've heard about saw palmetto causing sexual dysfunction issues.

What do yall think?

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
First off Zinc is a very very mild aromatase inhibitor so I wouldn't worry about bumping up the dosage to 30-45mgs.

MVP/ZMK stack...no question. (Co-enzyme B's and methyl-folate instead of folic acid)

I don't go a day without these two, they're pretty much vital to me along with Athlytes. I'll add 2k-5k I.U.'s of D3 since the winter months are coming and I'm here in Northern CA.

Not to get to personal but are you taking clomid for PCT reasong or infertility issues?

C

cigpk

Awards
Yeah I’m probably a little paranoid about my e2 levels just because it took so long to get them stable.

I was on injections, hcg and arimidex for about two years, t levels jumped to over 1300 on 40 Mg twice a week. Doc became convinced I didn’t need it so she switched me to Clomid which I took 25 mg eod for about 4 months then dropped to 12.5 eod and dropped arimidex. I feel pretty good on this so far

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just because you are taken a supplement does not mean it’s being absorbed or utilized by the body.

I always test doctor’s patient for all RBC minerals and check for functional deficiencies through Great Plains Organic acid testing

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’m probably a little paranoid about my e2 levels just because it took so long to get them stable.

I was on injections, hcg and arimidex for about two years, t levels jumped to over 1300 on 40 Mg twice a week. Doc became convinced I didn’t need it so she switched me to Clomid which I took 25 mg eod for about 4 months then dropped to 12.5 eod and dropped arimidex. I feel pretty good on this so far
What’s your test levels with 12.5 eod?

C

cigpk

Awards
Don’t know yet - actually having a full hormone panel done on Friday so I’ll know where I’m at. But I feel better on 12.5 Clomid eod than I did on 25 Clomid eod + arimidex

Although, One thing that has plagued me since coming off injections is this damn joint pain and tendinitis. Won’t seem to go away but has gotten better since I quit arimidex