TRT 28 years old Questions

doctorbrown90

Awards
For starters ever since I was discharged from the military; I have felt horrible. Always tired (no matter how much sleep), no sex drive, depressed, and so on.
I did suffer a few TBI events over seas. I see that asked a lot so figured i would through it out there.

Finally got my bloods done, and I was pretty devastated on the numbers.

Total Test - 200
Free Test - 5.9
LH - 4.0
FSH - 2.7
ESTRADIOL, SENSITIVE - 11.1

My question is should being this young get on TRT? What should I expect on my doctors visit?
I do have an appointment on Monday with Entourage. Just trying to get some advice kinda lost at this point on what to ask, or really just do?

I have found great information here, but the people are typically much older than i am..

doctorbrown90

Awards
Has it been worth it to you? Any negatives?
How long have you been on trt?

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
A year. I think it’s worth it, I’m not taking days off from the gym lol it’s expensive af though. It’s been a lot easier to lose fat and I used to be pretty depressed and I’m not having those issues anymore. I’ve been getting more girls but not sure if it’s because of the trt.

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
Hasn’t changed any of the issues from TBI. Idk dude I like it.

Also if you take any PED’s in the future you don’t need to spend extra money on buying test.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also if you take any PED’s in the future you don’t need to spend extra money on buying test.
Plus no worries about pct!

I’m actually 23 and starting TRT soon, my total test was a little higher than yours at 300ng/dL but it’s been declining over the past few years, sadly. Highest it’s ever been is 474ng/dL. I don’t grow muscle as easily anymore, don’t lose fat as easily, been dealing with a lot of depression and anxiety lately (even though I’ve dealt with it some in the past) but my hormones are kind of out of wack. My doc wanted to start me on gel but after some insurance issues and the price of a months supply ($158) we decided to just start injections after I come back from vacation at the end of the month. I don’t think you’ll have much to worry about man, all anabolic talk aside this is for our health and well being as men! Talk to your doc about your options as far as injections, gel or patches and how your insurance may or may not cover it. My insurance covering Androgel was $158 but for 10ml of 200mg/ml test cyp it’s $1.12 or without insurance is $33 so gels or patches might not be the best route financially for you. Also if you don’t want to jump right on the TRT train, maybe ask him about trying clomid and HCG and how those might help. Might take some persuading though because some doctors don’t see those as real options although my doc is going to put me on one or the other for fertility sake. Anyways, just be honest and ask him about available options. I wish you the best!

Walrusieo

Walrusieo

Awards
Im 29 they had diagnosed me with depression and anxiety . Checked my testosterone it was low it was in the 200 to . After I got on it no regrets . I no longer feel emotional or get anxiety. Anxiety sucks it would get to the point I wouldn’t breath . My libido isn’t to good but I think I’ve been crashing my e2 . Haven’t took a Ai for a bit more then a week and I’m fine . What I am getting from it is - no anxiety or depression , more strength , my body looks better (more muscle) , I feel better , since I started trt my lower back hasn’t got hurt . I have two messed up disk in my lower back that back then i would bend over at times with no weight and it would mess up and get inflammed . I tried natural test boosters they didn’t nothing to my test it just kept going lower each time I would check it . I’m happy I got on it and wish I would’ve got on it a lot sooner .

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
I'm 26 and just started 2 months ago. I feel significantly better and my wife says I'm in a better mood. I was depressed, tired, no sex drive, angry, and couldn't lose body fat around my waist.

2 months in at an extremely small dose (50mg weekly test C ) and I feel significantly better. I would recommend trying to find a local Dr you trust before entourage. Not because of anything entourage does wrong but just the cost. I spend less than $35 a month. Granted my dose is small but im a believer in taking the smallest beneficial dose. Now if you needed 200mg plus an AI etc then entourage is the way to go.

doctorbrown90

Awards
Damn haha I was clearly wrong on the age part.

Thanks everyone for your input, and how it has helped you! Definitely going to try it then. Seems it's helped a lot and worth it.
As far as finding someone close can't do that at this time unfortunately I can't. I have no insurance at this time, and I'm not trusting the VA with this haha.

Again thanks everyone!

Ultramario

Awards
I'd say I'd worry about what if you couldn't get the trt anymore. You're basically stuck on a subscription. I feel like the depression and anxiety/pain would amplify X10 when and if you ever had to stop or couldn't get to a dose for a bit.

Walrusieo

Walrusieo

Awards
I'd say I'd worry about what if you couldn't get the trt anymore. You're basically stuck on a subscription. I feel like the depression and anxiety/pain would amplify X10 when and if you ever had to stop or couldn't get to a dose for a bit.
Personally it would still be worth it because the time on it would be much better then the time off . I’ve lived with the anxiety and depression for years . I got put on anxiety meds and anti depressants and I had to see a psychiatrist and psychologist. And all that is a lot more expensive then trt . Plus I finally got my libido back . My biggest fear was getting dumped cause it wouldn’t get up . Anxiety meds and anti depressants are worse then trt in my opinion.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
Plus no worries about pct!

I’m actually 23 and starting TRT soon, my total test was a little higher than yours at 300ng/dL but it’s been declining over the past few years, sadly. Highest it’s ever been is 474ng/dL. I don’t grow muscle as easily anymore, don’t lose fat as easily, been dealing with a lot of depression and anxiety lately (even though I’ve dealt with it some in the past) but my hormones are kind of out of wack. My doc wanted to start me on gel but after some insurance issues and the price of a months supply ($158) we decided to just start injections after I come back from vacation at the end of the month. I don’t think you’ll have much to worry about man, all anabolic talk aside this is for our health and well being as men! Talk to your doc about your options as far as injections, gel or patches and how your insurance may or may not cover it. My insurance covering Androgel was $158 but for 10ml of 200mg/ml test cyp it’s $1.12 or without insurance is $33 so gels or patches might not be the best route financially for you. Also if you don’t want to jump right on the TRT train, maybe ask him about trying clomid and HCG and how those might help. Might take some persuading though because some doctors don’t see those as real options although my doc is going to put me on one or the other for fertility sake. Anyways, just be honest and ask him about available options. I wish you the best!
33 bucks is damn cheap. Obviously it’s for serving a purpose. But what kind of doctor does one see to get these things checked.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you check out Reddit at r/testosterone, it is their location dedicated to TRT. Now, you need to wade through the morons, but you'll find that there are many guys in their 20s already on or getting started with it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When 20 years old are started on TRT, it’s often putting cart before the horse unless the issue is the gland itself. Proper steps need to be taken to rule out pathophysiology through examination along with failure of clomid challenge. I think way too young guys are being treated for symptoms and not causes. I see this all the time potentiallt making a hidden condition worse. It’s no different they using an antidepressant which is a short term solution for long term bandaid

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
When 20 years old are started on TRT, it’s often putting cart before the horse unless the issue is the gland itself. Proper steps need to be taken to rule out pathophysiology through examination along with failure of clomid challenge. I think way too young guys are being treated for symptoms and not causes. I see this all the time potentiallt making a hidden condition worse. It’s no different they using an antidepressant which is a short term solution for long term bandaid
Except you get the buffs....

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have TBI and started TRT at about 30 yrs old. My testosterone was 60. It has been for the better as I don't think I could recover since my testes barely respond to hCG.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I have TBI and started TRT at about 30 yrs old. My testosterone was 60. It has been for the better as I don't think I could recover since my testes barely respond to hCG.
Tbi= throttle body injection? Thats what i think every time ive seen it on this thread. Lol

Edit: nvmd figured it out. Traumatic brain injury?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You have legimate medical condition causing the problem vs I am 30, I party all night barely get any sleep, hate my job and financially stressed. By fail to leave out this information to your doctor, but tell them your testosterone is 200, I need TRT

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Wait till you get married and have other priorities in life. DadBod will be coming sooner then you realize lol For every time I heard this from younger guys and I see them 10 years later. Welcome to reality and denial

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Wait till you get married and have other priorities in life. DadBod will be coming sooner then you realize lol For every time I heard this from younger guys and I see them 10 years later. Welcome to reality and denial
Hey just because you've seen it happen to alot of guys doesnt mean its inevitable.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Majority rules in reseach and even statics lol
I will go with the law of probability in this case.
There are exception to the rule for sure.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
Hi I’m married with kids, I got the buffs dad bod.

IMG_3980.JPG

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
It’s the future me. Married with kids on trt.

Idk who it really is lol.
Well look at mark bell he went from that to doing a bodybuilding show so it can be done lol

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am a former athlete and Air Force guy... Getting married, seeing how pathetic I looked in my honeymoon photos and a race against the clock with having kids and wanted to be in shape for them... Has actually pushed me into the most consistent training of my life, despite the challenge. Dadbod is surrender.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am a former athlete and Air Force guy... Getting married, seeing how pathetic I looked in my honeymoon photos and a race against the clock with having kids and wanted to be in shape for them... Has actually pushed me into the most consistent training of my life, despite the challenge. Dadbod is surrender.
Well, because you where Chair Force I say give up now. Only the Army can bring it back. Lol. Jk

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, because you where Chair Force I say give up now. Only the Army can bring it back. Lol. Jk
I still remember outrunning most of the Army guys on company runs at Ft. Gordon :p. Crazy long 9 month sat-com and crypto radio school.

Funny story this was 1999, first time I really seriously trained at a PowerHouse gym, after morning PT and training. First time I ever discovered early Andros at GNC and then later on, saw early UGL from spain at a internet capable library at the local college off base... Couldn't risk mail order, or afford it on E3 salary either then. Later, got ripped off for $200 in a bad aas deal by big black gym manger at said PowerHouse gym in Augusta, GA. His voice was super deep and he ripped a quad playing basketball and was a football for bicep big guy. I wonder, since I was dumb and young and would have not used them right at ,19... Him ripping me off kept me away until 38 when a bit more mature.

So much nicer to have steroid biz in US and overseas with real customer service and professional product.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A year. I think it’s worth it, I’m not taking days off from the gym lol it’s expensive af though. It’s been a lot easier to lose fat and I used to be pretty depressed and I’m not having those issues anymore. I’ve been getting more girls but not sure if it’s because of the trt.
how much are you paying?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^^^^ That’s some funny sh$t right there!!