Scheduling training around weekly trt shot?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I receive Intramuscular once a week trt injections at my doctor’s office. (Not looking to change doctors at this point, thus must follow this protocol). I lift on a 4 day split routine. My question is, Would there be any benefit to schedule my training the first 4 days after receiving my shot because that is when my test would be highest or would such a decision would be inconsequential? Also, since I receive only once a week intramuscular injections, when is the peak in testosterone? Is it immediately after receiving the shot? The day after? Two days after? I know test levels will be lowest right before my weekly shot, but don’t know when it would be highest.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t think it’s going to matter enough to make a difference. My thoughts are for me personally if intensity is high enough then I don’t like to lift more than 2 days in a row. I like my CNS to rest a day and have a more quality workout and feel fresh. I swear I do have more energy the day of injection and following 2 days so it might be worth it to do your two biggest/compound days around the shot

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What amount are you injecting?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What amount are you injecting?
Nurse was injecting me with 175 mg a week which put my test at 600 when blood tested 7 days after shot right before next shot. They are upping me to 200 mg a week. Think when I lift during the week would make a difference Ken?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t think it’s going to matter enough to make a difference. My thoughts are for me personally if intensity is high enough then I don’t like to lift more than 2 days in a row. I like my CNS to rest a day and have a more quality workout and feel fresh. I swear I do have more energy the day of injection and following 2 days so it might be worth it to do your two biggest/compound days around the shot
I agree, would at least have to take a day off in the split. Two days on one day off and
two on. I get the shot on Friday so I figured I could lift Friday after the shot, then Saturday, take Sunday off, lift Monday and Tuesday then Wednesday and Thursday when presumably test would be the lowest off and repeat each week.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a graph of blood level at 175 mg every 7 days:
IMG_5191.JPG

Here is 90 mg every 3.5 days:
IMG_5192.JPG

Twice a week injections would stabilize blood levels to the point it wouldn’t matter what training days you lift.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Awesome tool and website link! I didn’t know any tool like this existed online! As far as injecting twice a week, I know that would be optimal, but if I keep the same protocol of once per week, am I reading the graph correctly that the peak in testosterone is right after the shot, then It gradually goes down so I would be best to train in the initial few days?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What does the bottom number represent on the graph if the number on the left is mg?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does the bottom number represent on the graph if the number on the left is mg?
Bottom number is time in days.

Testosterone level peaks about 24 to 72 hours after injecting:
IMG_4687.JPG

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I never felt a difference when I took 200mg test C weekly for TRT, I think you guys think to much into it, just enjoy the ride :)

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I never felt a difference when I took 200mg test C weekly for TRT, I think you guys think to much into it, just enjoy the ride :)
I personally go weekly for convenience and scar tissue buildup reduction. Some people enjoy thinking into things a lot :)