Arimidex and my osteoporosis...

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So ive been on TRT for only 8 weeks...Currently taking 100mg Test-Cyp.
I got some labs done around week 6, but it was right before my once per week test injection, Bloods were done on day 3 after my injection, so during my "peak"...
My testosterone was a whopping 1400 at the time, not sure if thats fairly normal during a "peak" or if thats way too high, the doc said he may lower my test to 80mg next month if needed...But also, my estrogen was 35, which isnt too high, but Ive always heard the "goal" for estrogen is around 22.
Now, before starting TRT, I had fairly low estrogen at 11...
The doctor prescribed me some arimidex, told me to take .5mg 48hrs after my injection. I started this week, but only took 1/4mg, I just wanted to start low and go from there once i get another set of labs done in a month.

My main concern is that I have osteopenia in my lumbar and osteoporosis levels in my hip, I just had a BMD scan before starting TRT...So, just wanted to get some opinions...since my estrogen was 35 at my "peak", would taking 1/4mg arimidex once per week be beneficial? Im concerned that it will bring my estro down too low, and worsen my osteoporosis. My endo thinks that my low estrogen (11, at the time) might be the root cause of my osteoporosis...
I'm thinking about continuing the arimidex at 1/4mg once per week (but most likely will be taking it 24hrs after injection, instead of what the doctor told me...Arimidex has a 48hr half life, so it would be peaking around the same time as my testosterone, correct?). And hopefully in a month, my labwork wont be too low.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Splitting the shots up into every other day will help control the estrogen better. I some times have doctors have their patients do daily shots.