Luer Lok needles

rocknroll

Awards
About 2 months into TRT.....

Doctor prescribed the BD 1ml syringes with Luer Lok...and 18g drawing needles....and 25g 1" pins needles to inject....therefore I'm thinking if I can get smaller injection Luer lok needles I can still use the 18g to draw and smaller ones to inject.

Would like to try smaller needles (was thinking about 27-28g) but I cannot find Luer Lok (lock) needles.

Looking for BD brand and I can easily find "BD hypodermic needles" but nowhere do they say "Luer Lok." I'm assuming they are "slip tip." Seems most people prefer the Luer Lok.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
About 2 months into TRT.....

Doctor prescribed the BD 1ml syringes with Luer Lok...and 18g drawing needles....and 25g 1" pins needles to inject....therefore I'm thinking if I can get smaller injection Luer lok needles I can still use the 18g to draw and smaller ones to inject.

Would like to try smaller needles (was thinking about 27-28g) but I cannot find Luer Lok (lock) needles.

Looking for BD brand and I can easily find "BD hypodermic needles" but nowhere do they say "Luer Lok." I'm assuming they are "slip tip." Seems most people prefer the Luer Lok.
A 1” 25g needle is pretty small. What’s your reason for wanting smaller?

rocknroll

Awards
I was thinking of trying to go to subQ injecting twice each week with smaller needles.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
With a smaller needle the oil will come out much faster this can be bad and especially sub q as the injection will hurt more and there may be more damage done to tissue as a result. If you do go smaller, you will have to inject much slower in order to compensate. JDWACA is correct that a 25 is already a nice and tiny needle. I save my 27g for hcg and that is the smallest I've ever gone. I have never even tried 27/28g with anything oil based but would be interested to hear how it works.

In my opinion, it is not the choice of needle diameter, but the length that should be adjusted based on the method of injection. I use 5/8 to 1". but would use 1-1.5 for IM. Also, I would not get hung up on the manufacturer of the needle. Just my 2cents

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With a smaller needle the oil will come out much faster this can be bad and especially sub q as the injection will hurt more and there may be more damage done to tissue as a result. If you do go smaller, you will have to inject much slower in order to compensate. JDWACA is correct that a 25 is already a nice and tiny needle. I save my 27g for hcg and that is the smallest I've ever gone. I have never even tried 27/28g with anything oil based but would be interested to hear how it works.

In my opinion, it is not the choice of needle diameter, but the length that should be adjusted based on the method of injection. I use 5/8 to 1". but would use 1-1.5 for IM. Also, I would not get hung up on the manufacturer of the needle. Just my 2cents
There’s tons of guys on here that pin sub-q and have no issues. Yes you have to go slower but that’s worth it to decrease scar tissue. Over 1” is over kill for IM pinning. The smaller and shorter the needle, the better for you to decrease scar tissue.