MK677 and cancer

DylanC

Awards
I've been researching online mk677. From what I understand it raises igf-1 levels. In some studies, igf 1 has been linked to accelerated tumor growth, i e cancer. What are your thoughts on running this compound for 3 months at 60 years old?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've been researching online mk677. From what I understand it raises igf-1 levels. In some studies, igf 1 has been linked to accelerated tumor growth, i e cancer. What are your thoughts on running this compound for 3 months at 60 years old?
Just to be clear mk677 is a secretagogue which mimics the hormone ghrelin, and causes increased gh pulses from the pituitary.
Higher levels of gh in turn causes the increased release of igf1 from the liver. Almost all anabolic effects of gh can be attributed to igf1, except from the tendon and ligament healing.
Now igf1 does not cause cancer by itself, n but it can speed up the growth of pre existing tumours that you might not be aware of, since it affects all skeletal muscle and most organ cells.

Now apart from that, I think running mk677 for three months is a waste of money. I have never tried it personally, but from what I've read seems like a pretty short run. Most folks run it year round to really see the benefits of the compound.

Hope i helped

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Igf-1 gets a bad rap but all things being equal, I’d rather be slightly on the higher side than lower. Lower is far worse and the cancer link is debatable. At your age, you probably have an IGF-1 about a third of what you had in your 20's. MK run at 25 mg /day would only raise your levels by 60 % ( so I would estimate that would put it around 160-200 on the scale - a very safe and tolerable range IMO. Have you had your Testosterone checked? I would start there first and do TRT over MK. Also, if you run MK, I found that 10-12 mg is a sweet spot where you get increased IGF but minimal sides (hunger and lethargy). This dose popped my IGF from 160 to over 200. Gained mass and good for the joints. I typically run this in 2 month blocks myself.

Hourman39

Awards
MK 677 needs to be ran at least 6 months to have any effect.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
MK 677 needs to be ran at least 6 months to have any effect.
Yes - the longer you run it, the better the cumulative effect. But, I have started noticing some benefits after four weeks –tighter skin, joints feel great and some muscle fullness.

I am 5 weeks into a run now and intend to go a lot longer than 2 months this time, considering there is no desensitization with the product.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would focus on eliminating what causes cancer and not what may increase its growth. Something we all should be doing. Fast,eat clean, good mental/emotional health, exercise, etc. if all these are in place, from what I read on MK and cancer, then it shouldn’t be an issue IMO

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been peeling back some of the research on the IGF-I and cancer link and it seems that cancer tumors themselves may be expressing their own IGF-1 - thus driving overall IGF-I levels higher (not that high levels
caused the tumors)

While these articles are well above my level of bio chemistry knowledge :) I often think of all of the professional bodybuilders taking massive amounts of pure growth hormone. I have not heard of any of them dying from cancer prematurely, and the GH doses they take are far more potent than what we get from an IGF-I secretagogue.

I have also seen at least four clinical trial studies about secretagogues, and new trials are pending, and no cancer reported anywhere.

My point is - I think the levels we are dealing with are not worth worrying about.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve been peeling back some of the research on the IGF-I and cancer link and it seems that cancer tumors themselves may be expressing their own IGF-1 - thus driving overall IGF-I levels higher (not that high levels
caused the tumors)

While these articles are well above my level of bio chemistry knowledge :) I often think of all of the professional bodybuilders taking massive amounts of pure growth hormone. I have not heard of any of them dying from cancer prematurely, and the GH doses they take are far more potent than what we get from an IGF-I secretagogue.

I have also seen at least four clinical trial studies about secretagogues, and new trials are pending, and no cancer reported anywhere.

My point is - I think the levels we are dealing with are not worth worrying about.
Well said