once a week vs 2x TRT

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi, I'm new to TRT, only in week two...

My doctor has me on 100mg Test C once per week...
Ive been reading on a few forums about the benefits of injecting twice per week. So for me that would be 50mg every 3.5 days (100mg total per week). Seems like they say that it provides more stable testosterone levels in the system, and can actually help reduce the amount of estrogen conversion (some guys even say they have dropped their need for arimadex), compared to once per week.
Any truth to this?

On a side note, he told me to go with glute injections, so I will be alternating (if i stick with once per week) left cheek, right cheek, etc...If i do switch to 2x per week, what is the best way to cut down on PIP? Would i need to rotate injection sites to both my thighs and glutes?
For the two injections Ive had, they were both done at the doctors office...so i still haven't injected it myself.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was on a .33ml every 3.5 days (4) as written, but oddly enough my doctor and I conversed and switched to .66ml every week. I like it more, and it's easier as there's less pinning. That's 125mg weekly. (Math) I'm SubQ and not IM injection which takes patiences and a bit more skill IMHO.

IM would mean faster uptake into your system, and I would differ to others but it would follow that E2 conversion would be higher with more at once than split, but SubQ minimizes this, and slows absorption.

Regarding injecting yourself, I'm fortunate as my wife works in the Hospital Lab and is a great coach. I've seen where you can sit on the couch, turn your hip slightly and get right in the target necessary with little movement. I used to stand in front of the mirror, leg / knee on a chair, then eyeball it. Stable, and good stick. Count to 10 slowly as you inject. (Don't move that needle, or PIP)

So far, so much better for me as I don't see the difference except one less needle to stick myself with.
I'm actually considering a weekly B12, then monthly shot for maintenance. Anyone have thoughts on that? :)

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was on a .33ml every 3.5 days (4) as written, but oddly enough my doctor and I conversed and switched to .66ml every week. I like it more, and it's easier as there's less pinning. That's 125mg weekly. (Math) I'm SubQ and not IM injection which takes patiences and a bit more skill IMHO.

IM would mean faster uptake into your system, and I would differ to others but it would follow that E2 conversion would be higher with more at once than split, but SubQ minimizes this, and slows absorption.

Regarding injecting yourself, I'm fortunate as my wife works in the Hospital Lab and is a great coach. I've seen where you can sit on the couch, turn your hip slightly and get right in the target necessary with little movement. I used to stand in front of the mirror, leg / knee on a chair, then eyeball it. Stable, and good stick. Count to 10 slowly as you inject. (Don't move that needle, or PIP)

So far, so much better for me as I don't see the difference except one less needle to stick myself with.
I'm actually considering a weekly B12, then monthly shot for maintenance. Anyone have thoughts on that? :)
Guess ill stick with once a week for now, at least till i get my 6 week labs done, then decide if i want to go to 2x a week...not looking forward to IM injections twice a week but if it helps control estrogen...maybe. Ill also look in to Sub Q injections around that time as well. Guess for now its best to follow the doctors orders...
So, i have some stubborn belly fat, would sub q mean injecting straight in to the fatty area above where you pants fit?

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
If going to 2x a week you could use delts as an additional location as well as quads and glutes.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This in the reason for going to twice weekly.
IMG_4687.JPG

It’s due to the half life of the testosterone. Twice weekly injections will keep your levels more stable.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
If going to 2x a week you could use delts as an additional location as well as quads and glutes.
I prefer the delt to the glute.... easier for me to reach, see, etc.

I don't mind the sub q shots, but it does seem that total T levels are slightly lower, though.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FYI, injection location affects release rates as well.
nandromol.gif

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to do twice a week... now just once a week. It didn't make or break me..

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to do twice a week... now just once a week. It didn't make or break me..
yeah ill just stick with once a week for now, may end up doing subQ twice a week later on down the line to see how it effects labwork.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do subq once a week 80mg.. been doing it for yrs.

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
I inject once per week, 130 test cypionate and never notice a change. I think the guys who overthink things, particularly in the beginning, tend to run into problems. You just started and you are already looking for an edge to deal with a problem that isn’t even there. Be patient and be sure to adjust your workouts, making them more difficult. Wait and see if you notice a dip. As I said, I feel steady all the time and have been on 2 years.

Self injection is not a big deal and is the best way to go. I inject in my right thigh. Easy to get at, simple, and if you use the outer quad it’s virtually painless and so easy to get at.