I stopped trt

Independent

Independent

Awards
I made a decision to stop trt after being on it for 4 years. I just never seemed to get dialed in, libido was always inconsistent and i tried every dosing scheme, hcg and an ai. I felt great in the gym but that was about it. It really hit my hairline pretty hard too. Prior to trt my labs for tt were low, around the 200-300 range. I did measure once around 500 first thing in the am. Ive been off 4 weeks now, I used hcg for 2 weeks while the test cleared and used clomid for 2 weeks. I stopped the clomid because it just is not making me feel well mentally. I started taking tribulis and lj100 a couple days ago hoping it helps me recover. I really just need to get my libido in check, the wife is being patient and understanding. Any suggestions are welcomed.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd start with labs two weeks after you stopped Clomid. After that you can get a better idea of how to proceed. Many guys do well on 12.5mg of Clomid 2-5 times weekly if you're not primary. That may be enough to get you functional since too much Clomid has so many side effects.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Might want to research MT-II until your libido is back in check.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I made a decision to stop trt after being on it for 4 years. I just never seemed to get dialed in, libido was always inconsistent and i tried every dosing scheme, hcg and an ai. I felt great in the gym but that was about it. It really hit my hairline pretty hard too. Prior to trt my labs for tt were low, around the 200-300 range. I did measure once around 500 first thing in the am. Ive been off 4 weeks now, I used hcg for 2 weeks while the test cleared and used clomid for 2 weeks. I stopped the clomid because it just is not making me feel well mentally. I started taking tribulis and lj100 a couple days ago hoping it helps me recover. I really just need to get my libido in check, the wife is being patient and understanding. Any suggestions are welcomed.
look into the dermacrine/sustain alpha combo....should get libido back up to par pretty quickly!!!

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
look into the dermacrine/sustain alpha combo....should get libido back up to par pretty quickly!!!
Dermacrine has hormones, he's trying to recover from TRT so more hormones is not the answer.

Independent

Independent

Awards
Labs are coming in 3 weeks. If they arent good im going to try torem since it has less sides.
I'd start with labs two weeks after you stopped Clomid. After that you can get a better idea of how to proceed. Many guys do well on 12.5mg of Clomid 2-5 times weekly if you're not primary. That may be enough to get you functional since too much Clomid has so many side effects.

Lobo100

Lobo100

Awards
Can I ask what was your type and dose of testosterone? Just curious.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My suggestion is find a better Dr and get back on TRT. You’ve been on for 4 years so likelihood of kick starting your natural production is next to nil. A good dr can get you straightened out. Not all dr’s are the same man. I went through three drs before I found one that knew what TRT really is.

Independent

Independent

Awards
If i dont recover i will go back on. Honestly i think i know more than the doctors, and the ones that are supposed to be good charge 500.00 for a visit and want you to buy all their meds and labs. I honestly felt pretty food today, i dropped the clomid on Thursday and its clearing my system.
My suggestion is find a better Dr and get back on TRT. You’ve been on for 4 years so likelihood of kick starting your natural production is next to nil. A good dr can get you straightened out. Not all dr’s are the same man. I went through three drs before I found one that knew what TRT really is.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If i dont recover i will go back on. Honestly i think i know more than the doctors, and the ones that are supposed to be good charge 500.00 for a visit and want you to buy all their meds and labs. I honestly felt pretty food today, i dropped the clomid on Thursday and its clearing my system.
If you decide to resume TRT, please consider our board sponsor Entourage Medical. $139 shipped to your door per month.

https://entouragehormones.com/pricing/

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Im fortunate enough that my insurance covers most of it. I think i pay 150.00 a year out of pocket.
what kenpoengineer is offering is much better than the standard trt most primary physicians offer.....just sayin

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fwiw, I saw a few doctors and was given a few protocols before I decided to supervise and prescribe my own TRT protocol, and I’m much happier this way now. I’ve got everything dialed in on my own and adjust as needed, but rarely have to. Been supervising my own TRT for ten years now. I buy my own test, and my own AI (aromasin) although I no longer require an AI anymore.

Independent

Independent

Awards
My doc has been great except hes just not overly knowledgeable with trt. He is fine with test, hcg and an ai, he gets that and understands the principals. Getting dialed in has been hard, ive tried everything. Im starting to think its in my head.
Fwiw, I saw a few doctors and was given a few protocols before I decided to supervise and prescribe my own TRT protocol, and I’m much happier this way now. I’ve got everything dialed in on my own and adjust as needed, but rarely have to. Been supervising my own TRT for ten years now. I buy my own test, and my own AI (aromasin) although I no longer require an AI anymore.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My doc has been great except hes just not overly knowledgeable with trt. He is fine with test, hcg and an ai, he gets that and understands the principals. Getting dialed in has been hard, ive tried everything. Im starting to think its in my head.
Good guides to TRT:

https://www.excelmale.com/content.php?317-ExcelMale-com-Guide-to-Testosterone-Replacement

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?5040-Blood-Tests-Needed-Before-and-During-Testosterone-Replacement-Therapy

Free TRT book downloads by Nelson Vergel and Jay Campbell (not affiliated with either but read both. The Jay Campbell book is easier to understand)

http://www.totrevolution.com/pdf/

Free book download http://offers.testosteronewisdom.com/

Independent

Independent

Awards
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you been checked out for a pituitary microadenoma / prolactinoma? Maybe prolactin is high / dopamine is low, causing libido issues.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One thing that could cause you to take a long time to feel balanced on TRT: you could be a poor converter of test to DHT. This is what happened in my case when starting (and I have a hunch it was from heavy accutane useage when I was young).. To make up for this, I started taking supplements that boost dopamine (DHT / dopamine have a positive relationship with each other), and finally, leaning out really helped. Now I’m not converting as much estrogen and DHT is in a better ratio, and my dopamine is primed.

Essentially, libido is in one’s mind, and heavily relies on dopamine levels/sensitivity. There are also many ways people can ruin/alter their dopamine reward pathway and this could also take some time to fix.

Independent

Independent

Awards
You are definitely right about the mind thing, my wife say its in my head too. I tend to over think everything and sometimes have a hard time focusing. What natural supplements would boost dopamine? I was going to even consider asking my doc about wellbutrin. It could help me maybe think a little clearer and stimulate dopamine. I will be 50 this year and im struggling with that a little too. I have a great job, beautiful caring wife and kids, i shouldnt feel this way.
One thing that could cause you to take a long time to feel balanced on TRT: you could be a poor converter of test to DHT. This is what happened in my case when starting (and I have a hunch it was from heavy accutane useage when I was young).. To make up for this, I started taking supplements that boost dopamine (DHT / dopamine have a positive relationship with each other), and finally, leaning out really helped. Now I’m not converting as much estrogen and DHT is in a better ratio, and my dopamine is primed.

Essentially, libido is in one’s mind, and heavily relies on dopamine levels/sensitivity. There are also many ways people can ruin/alter their dopamine reward pathway and this could also take some time to fix.

Independent

Independent

Awards
Last time i checked prolactin it was low. Never checked the pituitary.
Have you been checked out for a pituitary microadenoma / prolactinoma? Maybe prolactin is high / dopamine is low, causing libido issues.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are definitely right about the mind thing, my wife say its in my head too. I tend to over think everything and sometimes have a hard time focusing. What natural supplements would boost dopamine? I was going to even consider asking my doc about wellbutrin. It could help me maybe think a little clearer and stimulate dopamine. I will be 50 this year and im struggling with that a little too. I have a great job, beautiful caring wife and kids, i shouldnt feel this way.
I’ll give you a proper reply to this tomorrow. Running around a lot today and this definitely deserves a proper reply.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, so there are a lot of things that can be done for dopamine, but obviously it's a bit tricky because you do not want to have elevated levels, higher than normal, because this is a sure fire way to burn out your receptors. The body will also crave these elevated levels because it sees a hit of dopamine as a reward, so tread lightly here and use sensibility. Also, my own lengthy experience with Welbutrin is that it won't really boost libido, but instead will make you more 'edgy'. This was used in my first attempt at elevating dopamine levels before I started TRT. I didn't like it at all and found it had no benefit for libido, even when I took the max dosage for an extended period of time.

Here are things I've used in the past to elevate dopamine levels:

deprenyl (mao-b inhibitor and prevents dopamine from breaking down as fast)
l-dopa
l-tyrosine (but be careful, it can also boost noradrenaline levels)
PEA

Be very careful and do not combine these, but they are worth researching.

What I do now is take tianepetine sulfate though, off an on, for the longterm. It seems to enhance dopamine sensitivity and has a lasting effect when I cycle off it too. But it does need to be cycled since tolerance can occur. Tianeptine is considered an anti-depressant in Europe and has no patent in America, so it is legal to import and can be found in capsule or bulk form from US nootropics suppliers.

Independent

Independent

Awards
Thank you for the thought out reply. I really would like to start with ldopa and see if i get a favorable response from it. Whats your thoughts on dosing it? I will research the other options also.
Alright, so there are a lot of things that can be done for dopamine, but obviously it's a bit tricky because you do not want to have elevated levels, higher than normal, because this is a sure fire way to burn out your receptors. The body will also crave these elevated levels because it sees a hit of dopamine as a reward, so tread lightly here and use sensibility. Also, my own lengthy experience with Welbutrin is that it won't really boost libido, but instead will make you more 'edgy'. This was used in my first attempt at elevating dopamine levels before I started TRT. I didn't like it at all and found it had no benefit for libido, even when I took the max dosage for an extended period of time.

Here are things I've used in the past to elevate dopamine levels:

deprenyl (mao-b inhibitor and prevents dopamine from breaking down as fast)
l-dopa
l-tyrosine (but be careful, it can also boost noradrenaline levels)
PEA

Be very careful and do not combine these, but they are worth researching.

What I do now is take tianepetine sulfate though, off an on, for the longterm. It seems to enhance dopamine sensitivity and has a lasting effect when I cycle off it too. But it does need to be cycled since tolerance can occur. Tianeptine is considered an anti-depressant in Europe and has no patent in America, so it is legal to import and can be found in capsule or bulk form from US nootropics suppliers.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I completely forgot to mention that phenibut also greatly boosts dopamine. I use it sparingly to enhance sex as well. Usually dosed 1-2hrs prior. Dosages can vary, you don't want too much or too little. Too much will make you tired.

I forget l-dopa dosing protocols. Let me see if I can remember the brand I took before though and will get back to you.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Tianeptine in addition to being an anti-depressant is also an opiod and can lead to serious addiction if used at high dosage. Phenibut develops tolerance quickly and can also lead to serious addiction. Gotta be careful with these two. They don't have a super addictive pull but if you develop a habit it can be very hard to stop.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I stopped TRT for 3 months, recovered (was hard) but went back on a lower dose, now getting dialed in. (For me, less is best).
I now do 62.5 milligrams of Test-E, every 5 days. (so only 375 mg. per month). Many do 500 in a week (not really TRT but test dose), but this low amount is where I need to be. Bloods show me at around 800, where I was 300 before TRT. At my higher dose, 125 - 190 a week, it was too much. (Prostate, libido was crazy high (too much, too distracting) etc... Things seem perfect for time being...

Independent

Independent

Awards
If my libido was high on trt i would have never stopped. Even bumping it up to 500mgs a week didnt make a huge difference. The only thing that ever gave me crazy libido was a low dose of tren.
I stopped TRT for 3 months, recovered (was hard) but went back on a lower dose, now getting dialed in. (For me, less is best).
I now do 62.5 milligrams of Test-E, every 5 days. (so only 375 mg. per month). Many do 500 in a week (not really TRT but test dose), but this low amount is where I need to be. Bloods show me at around 800, where I was 300 before TRT. At my higher dose, 125 - 190 a week, it was too much. (Prostate, libido was crazy high (too much, too distracting) etc... Things seem perfect for time being...

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tianeptine in addition to being an anti-depressant is also an opiod and can lead to serious addiction if used at high dosage. Phenibut develops tolerance quickly and can also lead to serious addiction. Gotta be careful with these two. They don't have a super addictive pull but if you develop a habit it can be very hard to stop.
Yes, definitely can't stress this enough. Gotta be careful with these things, that's for sure. But they are definitely very helpful tools if not abused.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Masteron or proviron could boost dht levels/free test enough to boost libido as well. It's a good downstream way of boosting dopamine levels through their androgenic actions.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Masteron or proviron could boost dht levels/free test enough to boost libido as well. It's a good downstream way of boosting dopamine levels through their androgenic actions.
I've looked into either running some deca and eq both very low dose with trt test or some mast and proviron. Maybe the mast with the deca.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've looked into either running some deca and eq both very low dose with trt test or some mast and proviron. Maybe the mast with the deca.
I've been tempted to run a low dose of tren, maybe 75mg/week.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
A crude option for libido: Benadryl(diphenhydramine), 100-150mg, 15-30 minutes before sex. OTC and cheap. It can be sedating, and it may impair sexual function temporarily(sometimes it improves), but for many people the increase to libido is tremendous.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been tempted to run a low dose of tren, maybe 75mg/week.
No more tren for this guy lol. I like npp and mast over pretty much anything I've tried. I did like test base as well.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is proviron supressive?
That's debatable. In research dosing up to 150mg/day wasn't suppressive but in other studies Proviron was suppressive at lower dosing. In this study it was way hit or miss on suppression.

Abstract:

An attempt to determine the effect of mesterolone on plasma luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and testosterone levels is reported. Subjects were 4 normal 23-45 year old males. Each was given 50 mg mesterolone orally 3 times a day for 4 weeks. The full effect of the drug was obtained in 1 week. To show that gonadotropins could be suppressed in these subjects, 17alpha-methyl testosterone was given in doses of 25 mg orally 3 times a day for 1 week. Suppression was shown. Also, 2 hypogonadal patients with elevated gonadotropin levels were treated with both 17alpha-methyl testosterone or mesterolone for 5 months. Plasma samples were collected at monthly intervals. In another patient with delayed puberty the same treatment with 17alpha-testosterone was given for 9 months followed by mesterolone 25 mg 3 times a day for the next 9 months. Plasma LH and FSH were measured during treatment and for 10 months afterward. Of the 4 normal subjects, 2 who were given mesterolone showed significant suppression of gonadotropins, 1 showing suppression of both LH and FSH and the other of FSH only (p less than .01). In the other 2 normal subjects there were significant falls in plasma testosterone but plasma LH and FSH were not suppressed (p less than .05). In the hypogonadal patients, only administration of 17alpha-methyl testosterone resulted in a satisfactory clinical response. Serial sampling of blood during therapy showed suppression of plasma LH and FSH. Signs of androgen activity were significantly greater with the 17alpha-methyl testosterone treatment than with mesterolone. It is concluded that mesterolone is a weak androgen.

Jobu777

Awards
You e2 is in the normal range at 31. Trib can raise E disproportionately to T. I like your plan of stopping the supplements you're taking given your elevated liver values. You didn't drink the day before, correct?

Independent

Independent

Awards
Didnt know about trib and e2, no prior drinking either.
You e2 is in the normal range at 31. Trib can raise E disproportionately to T. I like your plan of stopping the supplements you're taking given your elevated liver values. You didn't drink the day before, correct?

Jobu777

Awards
In regards to your liver enzymes - maybe you had a virus and didn't know it? Viruses can elevate liver enzymes and lower WBC.

Independent

Independent

Awards
Dont know, could be an anomaly. I will retest in a month.
In regards to your liver enzymes - maybe you had a virus and didn't know it? Viruses can elevate liver enzymes and lower WBC.

Independent

Independent

Awards
Just a friendly bump. Im wondering if i should start takung some clomid again.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
If my libido was high on trt i would have never stopped. Even bumping it up to 500mgs a week didnt make a huge difference. The only thing that ever gave me crazy libido was a low dose of tren.
Have you tried topicals? If you apply them to certain areas its boosts dht.

Ive also never failed to see a good Longjack supplement raise libido. DHt can also be generated from epiandros

Independent

Independent

Awards
Have you tried topicals? If you apply them to certain areas its boosts dht.

Ive also never failed to see a good Longjack supplement raise libido. DHt can also be generated from epiandros
I tried dermacrine and sustain alpha years ago prior to trt but really cant remember if it worked.

I stopped taking long jack until my next blood work. My liver values were high and just want to get a clean test with no supps.