Muscle on TRT

Braveheart43

Awards
Did anyone put on muscle just taking their TRT ? & if so what does? My TRT dose is being adjusted up slowly & was thinking about taking extra when I got to my real dose.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You've been on TRT two weeks, and it would take 3-4 months after your second blood test to even consider adjusting your dose with your doctor.

Ase_james

Awards
I started my first cycle right when i started trt. I figured, I'm a lifer now anyway...

But please dont just mess with it, if thats what you're going to do, do your research, and i mean a lot of it.
I started reading and studying gear almost 2 years before i started trt, and still need guidance. Its not a game, and can mess up more than just your hormones

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
Muscle will come, but if “just takingTRT” means without working out hard, forget it. It really doesn’t work that way. Not magic, just gives you a fighting chance to put on muscle if you are willing to work. Most guys who complain that the effects of TRT wear off aren’t putting in enough work, eating poorly and slacking on sleep. Muscle will come from 6 to 10 months, but only if you are doing the work.

And just stick with testosterone, don’t do a cycle of anything else. Don’t even think of upping the dose until you are on at least a year and have bloods drawn a number of times, every 6 months should do it. Any dosing over 140 to 150 of test cypionate gets a little shaky, and 200 or so is not TRT but more like a cycle for bodybuilding. Since you posted on this forum rather than a bodybuilding one- anti-aging- I assume you are older and in it for the long haul. Don’t hurry, you got the rest of your life to build this muscle you’re chasing.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IF someone is on TRT for the first time and is a weighlifter I am wondering something. I have heard that you get some of your best gains on your first cycle. IF that is the case would it not be better to throw more gear onto the first cycle? My urologist said he usually does 150mg a week or 200 every 10 days of cypionate. I was wondering if adding anotehr 150mg of teste and say 200mg of deca would be advisable. I had also heard that you should wait untli you are on trt a certain time?

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
Ive been on HRT for 13 years, I had worked out for years prior to HRT. I did a few superdrol cycles and nothing else as far as hormones. As MM said, I really got dialed in on diet and training and the gains were very impressive. I had a TT of 300 prior to starting, now around 800. My experience is yes, it makes a pretty big difference with all other things in place and HARD work. I have not really worked out much at all in 7 years and most of my gains have left, so HRT doesnt build muscle without effort. It just makes the results better....IMO

Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Awards
Ive been on HRT for 13 years, I had worked out for years prior to HRT. I did a few superdrol cycles and nothing else as far as hormones. As MM said, I really got dialed in on diet and training and the gains were very impressive. I had a TT of 300 prior to starting, now around 800. My experience is yes, it makes a pretty big difference with all other things in place and HARD work. I have not really worked out much at all in 7 years and most of my gains have left, so HRT doesnt build muscle without effort. It just makes the results better....IMO
Your story is similar to mine, except I never stop working out in some way. For the past three years I have been training exclusively with resistance bands and an old schwinn air dyne. Still making progress and maintaining muscle at age 64. I did three cycles of dymethezine in my late 50s and put on 15 pounds that I lost post cycle every time. I hope you are not injured and that’s why you no longer workout. Even if you are, bands can help. I got a bag of bands and get a better workout that I would in a gym, trust me. I would not have the time to go to a gym, and the getting to the gym is what wears most people down and leads to giving up. If you can discipline yourself to working out alone, you can continue to make progress. I got no excuses to ever miss a workout.

13 years on TRT is encouraging. I hope to continue to stay healthy and maintain muscle and to hear this helps.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well it will not be now. I got the blood work back i was like 505 on test and my estroidal was under 5 and the doctor was really not worried about hte low estrogen. I might run a cycle of epiandro or another cycle of lgd and ostarine , s4 or testalone, but ill see in 6 months if he wants me to take the jump or not. Reality is i probably will not be having kids, but the wife even at 44 is clinging to the possiblity. I would love to have kids, but i just don' tthink its in the cards for us.

Ase_james

Awards
Why can't you jave kids? Just curious because being on trt doesn't mean you can't... did you discuss hcg?
well it will not be now. I got the blood work back i was like 505 on test and my estroidal was under 5 and the doctor was really not worried about hte low estrogen. I might run a cycle of epiandro or another cycle of lgd and ostarine , s4 or testalone, but ill see in 6 months if he wants me to take the jump or not. Reality is i probably will not be having kids, but the wife even at 44 is clinging to the possiblity. I would love to have kids, but i just don' tthink its in the cards for us.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That estradiol is very low and definitely not healthy.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why can't you jave kids? Just curious because being on trt doesn't mean you can't... did you discuss hcg?
Not a problem. When we were younger it was my career, then hers, then my father died then my mother so by the time we were finally ready we were in our mid 30s. Now i am 42 and she is 44. Since I like drinking the best of protein powder ( i am a banker and she is a teacher who makes more) I try to keep her happy. My doctor makes it out that being on it means no kids. I know that is not correct and have thought about "other methods" but considering how i did with prohormones i think i might do well on gear and if i did use them without her knowing i want to make sure the gains are not super obvious.

That estradiol is very low and definitely not healthy.
That is what i hear. Again my doctor said there is no issue with gaining muscle with that. The hell of it is for quite a while i was taking 1mg or arimidex 3x per week and its still low. Man i hope they dont have to replace that

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not a problem. When we were younger it was my career, then hers, then my father died then my mother so by the time we were finally ready we were in our mid 30s. Now i am 42 and she is 44. Since I like drinking the best of protein powder ( i am a banker and she is a teacher who makes more) I try to keep her happy. My doctor makes it out that being on it means no kids. I know that is not correct and have thought about "other methods" but considering how i did with prohormones i think i might do well on gear and if i did use them without her knowing i want to make sure the gains are not super obvious.

That is what i hear. Again my doctor said there is no issue with gaining muscle with that. The hell of it is for quite a while i was taking 1mg or arimidex 3x per week and its still low. Man i hope they dont have to replace that
The reason your E2 is so low is because you were taking way too much arimidex. Most guys don’t even take .5 mgs in a week. You we’re taking 3 mgs. Way too much man

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what will raising e2 help me do? also if i cut it down to 1mg per week when should i take it?

Ase_james

Awards
Timing is key too, i take .5 adex a week 24 hours post pin. At 200mg a week.
I took 2 1mg adex a week for a while on cycle and it was far too much.

But to get more serious for a second, I'd highly recommend you get your hormones in order before you start playing with ****...

I saw above you were saying you take 3mg adex a week and your e2 was still low. Unless this is a typo, you need more knowledge on the subject first or you're goimg to hutr yourself. Not tryimg to be an ass, just don't want to see that happen.

Braveheart43

Awards
Your first cycle should just be Test. You have virgin receptors. Take advantage of it & keep it simple. Keep reading & watching YouTube

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your first cycle should just be Test. You have virgin receptors. Take advantage of it & keep it simple. Keep reading & watching YouTube
Glad people give info. I had a few people say your first cycle is where you get the best gains. I was going to figure extra test, 200mg or deca, some dianabol and something else. I think i will just stick with test.

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reality is i probably will not be having kids, but the wife even at 44 is clinging to the possiblity. I would love to have kids, but i just don' tthink its in the cards for us.
Don't let TRT or AAS use (abuse) stop you trying for kids....just try if you want them.
I have friends who've fathered children while on cycle or crusing.

TRT has been researched (and abandoned) as a male version of the pill...i.e. it doesn't work. Full shutdown is not as common as people think.