Low test at 18??

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
Just got some blood work done and my test came in at a whopping (sarcasm) 326. I feel like that’s a tad low for an 18 year old boy. So my question to everyone is should I see an endo to see if they’ll do anything for me? Or should I just buy an otc product like daa or something?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat you are I'm 19 I weigh 230lbs idk my body fat, but I can see my top 4 abs.

Last month I had my test checked im At 314ng/dl of total test, I did not test free testosterone. hypogonadism technically starts at 300ng/dl, of total test, but since we are so young endos and Drs will be EXTREMELY hesitant to give us anything because we can run into serious fertility issues, but we both most likely have fertility issues with this low of test anyway.

What are your stats and diet?

Because yes diet and sleep can help test, and I cleaned my self up and before I had 290ng/dl 3 months ago and now I'm at 314ng/dl, which clinically doesn't mean anything because we should be at 450-1000ng/dl. But none of these Drs are gonna do anything unless your dick doesn't work or you can't put on any muscle.

Have you taken any sarms, prohormones or steriods?

**I have NOT taken any of those but low test runs in my family**

One thing to consider is if total test is low you should check free test because if that is good than you are fine, and you do not have hypogonadism.

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat you are I'm 19 I weigh 230lbs idk my body fat, but I can see my top 4 abs.

Last month I had my test checked im At 314ng/dl of total test, I did not test free testosterone. hypogonadism technically starts at 300ng/dl, of total test, but since we are so young endos and Drs will be EXTREMELY hesitant to give us anything because we can run into serious fertility issues, but we both most likely have fertility issues with this low of test anyway.

What are your stats and diet?

Because yes diet and sleep can help test, and I cleaned my self up and before I had 290ng/dl 3 months ago and now I'm at 314ng/dl, which clinically doesn't mean anything because we should be at 450-1000ng/dl. But none of these Drs are gonna do anything unless your dick doesn't work or you can't put on any muscle.

Have you taken any sarms, prohormones or steriods?

**I have NOT taken any of those but low test runs in my family**

One thing to consider is if total test is low you should check free test because if that is good than you are fine, and you do not have hypogonadism.
My stats are
Height:6’3
Weight:223
Bf:11%
I sleep 7-8 hours a night unless I work super late but that’s rare.

Diet is clean 2400 calories per day 235p 235c 52f

I have taken sarms before with full pct and low test runs in my family too. One thing I have noticed is that since I’m trying to cut right now I feel like the fat is coming off extremely slowly. I mean it’s still something but I feel like for most it would be much faster, but that might just be me overthinking.

And I wouldn’t say my dick doesn’t work I just have like no motivation ever or sexual desire at all.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
The sarms may have something too do with it man. I mean it's not likely but it's possible. But I'd suggest talking to your Dr, about free test.

The only reason I don't want to get on trt is because I'm not going too risk my fertility to have more energy. Too me my future family is worth feeling like dog **** for a few years, and yes you can take hcg, clomid, and hmg too try and be more fertile but sometimes it won't work.

It's tough man, but that's really what it comes down too man, your risking your health and if you want a family you may be risking that too.

I've tried a natural test booster too and it didn't do anything so you can try it but my test went up by about 20ng/dl which is really nothing.

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
The sarms may have something too do with it man. I mean it's not likely but it's possible. But I'd suggest talking to your Dr, about free test.

The only reason I don't want to get on trt is because I'm not going too risk my fertility to have more energy. Too me my future family is worth feeling like dog **** for a few years, and yes you can take hcg, clomid, and hmg too try and be more fertile but sometimes it won't work.

It's tough man, but that's really what it comes down too man, your risking your health and if you want a family you may be risking that too.

I've tried a natural test booster too and it didn't do anything so you can try it but my test went up by about 20ng/dl which is really nothing.
So you say it’s either deal with feeling like balls or risk your fertility with trt?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Ok go order labs and get your total and free test. Than get your fsh, and lh tested as well. If your Free test is good than you don't have hypogonadism, if it's low you do and talk to your Dr.

If your test is low and your lh and fsh is low talk to your Dr cause you pituitary is messed up.

If your test is low and you lh and fsh are high your testicals are the problem.

And yes if you go on trt you can lose fertility, it's rough man.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Ok go order labs and get your total and free test. Than get your fsh, and lh tested as well. If your Free test is good than you don't have hypogonadism, if it's low you do and talk to your Dr.

If your test is low and your lh and fsh is low talk to your Dr cause you pituitary is messed up.

If your test is low and you lh and fsh are high your testicals are the problem.

And yes if you go on trt you can lose fertility, it's rough man.
I use privatemdlabs.com cause it's cheaper than my Dr.

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
I use privatemdlabs.com cause it's cheaper than my Dr.
Dang I wish I knew to get all that tested like a week ago. I just got my bloods done on Tuesday and our insurance covers blood work so I’ll try to call my doctor and ask him to just write orders to get free test, lh and fsh tested because I’d rather not have to go to the doctors office two more times. I already got my total test taken and that was 326, idk if you saw that in the earlier post.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Dang I wish I knew to get all that tested like a week ago. I just got my bloods done on Tuesday and our insurance covers blood work so I’ll try to call my doctor and ask him to just write orders to get free test, lh and fsh tested because I’d rather not have to go to the doctors office two more times. I already got my total test taken and that was 326, idk if you saw that in the earlier post.
Yeah I saw it but if your getting labs again you might as well get total test again. My insurance won't cover free test or lh/fsh so I do privatemdlabs.com, that way if any of it is off you can have a clear picture of exactly what is going on hormonally.

I almost forgot get your estradiol checked as well

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
I got that checked with the total test and it was 21.5 sorry I should’ve mentioned that

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I'd just suggest too get it all retested so if something is wrong and you have too go to an endocrinologist or they need too take action they can have a clear snap shot of how everything is doing at the sametime. But if you want to just get the extra stuff checked and not retest than go for it, just be sure too get it checked soon so that way there isn't a big gap between your tests

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
I'd just suggest too get it all retested so if something is wrong and you have too go to an endocrinologist or they need too take action they can have a clear snap shot of how everything is doing at the sametime. But if you want to just get the extra stuff checked and not retest than go for it, just be sure too get it checked soon so that way there isn't a big gap between your tests
Alright man I’ll call on Monday to see if they can order that for me and I have daa on the way from bodybuilding.com because My Dad takes it and recommends it and it’s cheap so I thought I’d start that after I get the second round of bloods done. If you think that’s a good idea of course. If not I’ll just give it to a friend or something

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Alright man I’ll call on Monday to see if they can order that for me and I have daa on the way from bodybuilding.com because My Dad takes it and recommends it and it’s cheap so I thought I’d start that after I get the second round of bloods done. If you think that’s a good idea of course. If not I’ll just give it to a friend or something
I mean it can't hurt

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys need to research a bit. DAA actually was proven to lower testosterone:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4384294/

At your ages, you need to see an endocrinologist and be examined. Please research HPTA Restart Protocol.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh that’s strange. I’ve seen studies that showed a 40% increase in like two weeks I think it said. But yeah I have an appointment for one but it’s not until late may.
Please post up links to these studies. I’d like to read them.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw a reference to this study on a supplement review website and they had this link on that article
The actual testosterone increase is very small and they use percentages as a way to skew the results to make them sound impressive. DAA will not increase testosterone significantly and you are wasting money.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
The actual testosterone increase is very small and they use percentages as a way to skew the results to make them sound impressive. DAA will not increase testosterone significantly and you are wasting money.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't most natural test boosters only work if your are deficient in what ever nutrients they supply anyway?

Mwhite530

Awards
  • Established
So is there anything I can do between now and the endo appointment that’s more than a month away?