Reputable hormonal info help - new

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I accidentally posted in Entourage Medical, so this is a synopsis and update.

original post:

Hello, i have an appointment at a VA endo tomorrow. My TT and was the only thing tested so far (at 400 ng/dl). I dont want to be fed the line "400 is normal, you are good". Im 29 years, old and i display nearly all of the low t symptoms. I convinced my Dr to send me to the endo with some research that showed young men can display hypogonadal symptoms at 400 ng/dl.

I want to go in there as prepared as possible with real legitimate research/studies that could help me. Please contribute anything you think may help, and in addition im looking for a real and reputable source that shows 600 ng/dl is average for 29 years. I know everybody reacts differently and 400 COULD be good for somebody, im pretty sure its not for me.
Thanks!

Update:

The VA endo said its perfectly normal, but ordered a more accurate TT and FT, also fsh, lh, prolactin, estradiol, and i think thyroid tests. I know theres more than just those, i dont remember all she said. Bloods are tomorrow, the endo said it will take a week + for the results to get in. ill post updates when i get them.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far all thats come back is T4 and ultra tsh.
T4 is 1.29 (.7-1.48)
Ultra tsh is 1.44 (.35-4.94)

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still waiting. I just read that i cant see them online until a week after my provider has seen them.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So results came back.

free test is 101 ( 46- 224)
Total estrogens 185.5 (60-190)
LH 4.55 ( 1.3 - 10.1 )
FSH 2.38 ( 1.4 - 13.6 )
prolactin 5 (1.5 - 9.3 )

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ask kenpoengineer

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^ This.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So results came back.

free test is 101 ( 46- 224)
Total estrogens 185.5 (60-190)
LH 4.55 ( 1.3 - 10.1 )
FSH 2.38 ( 1.4 - 13.6 )
prolactin 5 (1.5 - 9.3 )
That should have been a “sensitive estradiol” test and not “total estrogens”. Anyway, your free testosterone is the most important. Based on these bloods, I would say “delay TRT” until you get more testing.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I would agree that it’s probably worth delaying – and trying other options given your age. If you were 45 or 50 years old with these levels – TRT would likely be the outcome – because your free test level is just at the threshold of what would be considered the cut off point for when you could experience symptoms -if you start getting into the 60 or 70 range – it’s definitely low T, but regardless, you are young enough where you don’t want to start something like this if you can help it.