DHEA WARNING

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. DHEA WARNING

All right guys so I recently found out my DHEA and pregnenolone levels were low this past summer. I am on trt and was unable to donate blood until October 2017. I avoided using HCG because it raises my hematocrit. Instead I supplemented with DHEA and pregnenolone seeing as my levels were low. I donated a pint of blood November 1st and one week later my levels of hemoglobin and hematocrit were 17 and 49%. I continued supplementing with DHEA and pregnenolone and I decided to go to the Red Cross and donate today. They pricked my finger and my hemoglobin was 19.3 holy crap! I have never been that high in my life and I didn't even feel weird or symptomatic, I felt totally fine. Anyways I donated a pint today which probably means my hemoglobin is down to around 17-18 seeing as whenever I donate it usually drops my hemoglobin down around 1.5 give or take. Moral of the story is pregnenolone and DHEA supplements will absolutely Jack the hell up your hematocrit and hemoglobin. Be careful out there guys!!!

2. What doses are you using? How do you know its not the trt raising it?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Robert11 View Post
    What doses are you using? How do you know it’s not the trt raising it?
    I been on trt for 4 years now. It's not the trt. I was taking 30mg pregnenolone every day and 25mg DHEA every other day. My hematocrit increases on trt slightly, but not like this. This new added supplementation jacked me the hell up. Careful if you are considering using these supplements

4. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    I been on trt for 4 years now. It's not the trt. I was taking 30mg pregnenolone every day and 25mg DHEA every other day. My hematocrit increases on trt slightly, but not like this. This new added supplementation jacked me the hell up. Careful if you are considering using these supplements
    Didn't you also do a thread where you had high hematocrit and blamed it on the hcg when someone suggested the test? And that you said you've had constant issues w high hematocrit?
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off

5. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Didn't you also do a thread where you had high hematocrit and blamed it on the hcg when someone suggested the test? And that you said you've had constant issues w high hematocrit?
    Yes hcg raises my hematocrit very high which is why I tried using DHEA and pregnenolone in place if it which also seems to jack it up even worse. When I use just straight testosterone without HCG or any other supplements my hematocrit always stays within range. Every time I've ever had hematocrit problems I have been on HCG. Apparently DHEA and pregnenolone Are also causing problems. HCG causes of DHEA and pregnenolone to be produced in the body. I'm wondering if these specific hormones have something to do with red blood cell production
    •   

6. There are many people who use DHEA while on TRT with no problematic increases in hematocrit. May just be an isolated individual reaction unfortunately

7. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    There are many people who use DHEA while on TRT with no problematic increases in hematocrit. May just be an isolated individual reaction unfortunately
    Yeah this sucks. I wanted to start hcg again but with a 19.3 hemoglobin level, even after donating a pint I'm still probably on the higher end of normal. I already made an appointment for another donation exactly 8 weeks from today. No hcg and the dhea pregnenolone supplements are already in the trash lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    There are many people who use DHEA while on TRT with no problematic increases in hematocrit. May just be an isolated individual reaction unfortunately
    Agree, Im one of them and experience no hematocrit increases. I dose 25 mg pregnenolone and 59 mg DHEA daily.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

9. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Agree, I’m one of them and experience no hematocrit increases. I dose 25 mg pregnenolone and 59 mg DHEA daily.
    Damn bro. Well I dunno why this happens to me. My trt is 80mg every 3 days. More like 90mg actually because I pull the plunger just slight past the 80mg mark. My total test is 700 on my low day which means it's probably around 1100 on the high day. I used to be on a much higher dose of test. I never had any issues until I added HCG to the mix. Apparently DHEA and pregnenolone also suck for me. At this rate I'll never be able to do another cycle. I'll be donating every 2 months until July!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Damn bro. Well I dunno why this happens to me. My trt is 80mg every 3 days. More like 90mg actually because I pull the plunger just slight past the 80mg mark. My total test is 700 on my low day which means it's probably around 1100 on the high day. I used to be on a much higher dose of test. I never had any issues until I added HCG to the mix. Apparently DHEA and pregnenolone also suck for me. At this rate I'll never be able to do another cycle. I'll be donating every 2 months until July!
    It seems to me the test may be the culprit. I mean the common factor in both instances is the testosterone. Granted adding HCG or DHEA May exacerbate the problem but it seems the test is the underlying correlation. Also a common side but you already know that I'm sure.
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off

11. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    It seems to me the test may be the culprit. I mean the common factor in both instances is the testosterone. Granted adding HCG or DHEA May exacerbate the problem but it seems the test is the underlying correlation.
    You're right bro. I should just forget about the past 4 years I been on trt and all the blood work I've had over the years with and without HCG and other supplements. Me, my doctor and all the labwork showing trends of my hematocrit levels in relation to what I've been putting into my body must be all wrong eh? Guess it's just the test.

12. What are the symptoms of low DHEA and pregnenolone

13. Quote Originally Posted by jameschoi View Post
    What are the symptoms of low DHEA and pregnenolone
    Not exactly sure but my levels were low and I was feeling a bit low energy and libido. When I started supplementing with them I felt better but after this crazyness I won't be taking them ever again. HCG produces dhea and pregnenolone for you naturally anyway

14. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    You're right bro. I should just forget about the past 4 years I been on trt and all the blood work I've had over the years with and without HCG and other supplements. Me, my doctor and all the labwork showing trends of my hematocrit levels in relation to what I've been putting into my body must be all wrong eh? Guess it's just the test.
    So basically my issues have always been increased hematocrit but I currently have that in check with a crit of 49

^^^

You did write this in your last thread didn't you?

So you're saying basically been on trt you've always had issues with high hematocrit but it's the HCG and the DHEA not the test
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off

15. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    So basically my issues have always been increased hematocrit but I currently have that in check with a crit of 49

^^^

You did write this in your last thread didn't you?

So you're saying basically been on trt you've always had issues with high hematocrit but it's the HCG and the DHEA not the test
    Yeah I wasn't aware that my level would be flying up due to supplementing with DHEA/pregnenolone. Trt is something you learn as you go. It's definitely not a one size fits all therapy.

16. Andthe reasons the issues were increased hematocrit were due to the use of HCG. when the use of HCG was discontinued, my trending labwork showed no significant increase in hematocrit. Although what did end up happening is my DHEA and pregnenolone levels started to drop as I discontinued HCG. I started feeling a little bit low energy and my libido wasn't very good either. Instead of getting back on HCG I decided to supplement with DHEA and pregnenolone and my hematocrit soared once again. I have pretty much figured out why this happens to me and wanted to post this to inform others just in case they could have a similar reaction to this supplementation.
  17. DHEA WARNING

Is it possible you have developed sleep apnea?

Im also using HCG at 250 IU every 3.5 days with no increase in hematocrit either.

There is a FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion you should join and post this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Is it possible you have developed sleep apnea?

I’m also using HCG at 250 IU every 3.5 days with no increase in hematocrit either.
    I don't know. I could look into that but ever since I've used HCG from day one it would jack me up. I hope I don't have sleep apnea, that would suck

19. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    I don't know. I could look into that but ever since I've used HCG from day one it would jack me up. I hope I don't have sleep apnea, that would suck
    Agree it would suck. Ive read posts from TRT users saying they developed sleep apnea after starting TRT.

20. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Agree it would suck. I’ve read posts from TRT users saying they developed sleep apnea after starting TRT.
    I'm gonna make an appointment to see my doc in the next couple weeks. Gonna have her check my DHEA pregnenolone levels and also see where I stand in the hematocrit range now. I bet I'm still high, but probably not about to die high. Can't believe I was 19.3! I totally felt fine. Weird.

21. From a post I read:
    If your hematocrit is above 50 and you have not donated blood yet: Avoid iron supplements. B-12 may also increase the body's ability to produce red blood cells. Omega-3 fatty acids and a daily baby aspirin could be considered for blood thinning (but they do not replace the need for blood donation/ phlebotomy)

22. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    From a post I read:
    “If your hematocrit is above 50 and you have not donated blood yet: Avoid iron supplements. B-12 may also increase the body's ability to produce red blood cells. Omega-3 fatty acids and a daily baby aspirin could be considered for blood thinning (but they do not replace the need for blood donation/ phlebotomy)”
    Yeah man. I'm gonna assume my crit is probably around 50-54% at this time since I've donated today. I'm just gonna stay hydrated and follow up with my doctor. I got another donation appointment in March. I think I'll survive. I made it to 19.3 feeling fine. I've also heard stories of guys who have been in the 20s and still didn't die lol. Anyways, I do 5 grams of fish oil daily and my cholesterol is very good. High hdl and low ldl. Blood pressure is normal too. Just gonna keep the fluid intake high, talk to the doc in a couple weeks, avoid HCG and DHEA pregnenolone like the plauge and possibly cut back on the red meat.....possibly...

23. Sounds like a plan. Make sure your iron levels are tested. Frequent blood donation can crash ferritin and iron. It happened to me after donating 4 times when I thought Id be proactive and keep hematocrit low (like an idiot).

24. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Make sure your iron levels are tested. Frequent blood donation can crash ferritin and iron. It happened to me after donating 4 times when I thought I’d be proactive and keep hematocrit low (like an idiot).
    I actually remember you saying something about that a while ago. I remember like last year I had my ferritin checked and it was on the lower end but still in the normal range. Definitely something I should watch out for but back in 2012 I was stabbed during a fight and I lost two liters of blood that night. I was ****ed up for quite a while but eventually I made a full recovery. I'm going to assume my ferritin was probably pretty damn low at that time hahaha. I think in 2 months from now with a diet high in vegetables, hopefully I can keep my ferretin within the normal range or at least low-normal.

25. May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Must Read!! (warning)
    By KFlex in forum Pics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 06:49 PM
  2. Must Read!!! (warning)
    By KFlex in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15