Insight on test results and getting my mojo back

M

muskelgrind

Awards
So I'm 38 been noticing a lot of lethargy, lower libido and mood swings. I do a full body bb routine 3 days a week. But I've noticed the day after a workout I'm extremely lethargic can't think and feel like crap. So i had my levels checked at my doc.

Testosterone, Total 392 ng/dl 200 - 745 ng/dl
Performed at HealthPartners Central Laboratory, 9700 W 76th
Street, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Please note reference range changes effective 09/20/2017.
Testosterone, Free 11.0 ng/dl 3.1 - 12.8 ng/dl
Please note unit and reference range changes effective 09/20/2017.
Testosterone, Bioav. 258.0 ng/dl 71.7 - 300.0 ng/dl
Performed at HealthPartners Central Laboratory, 9700 W 76th
Street, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Please note reference range changes effective 09/20/2017.
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin Adult 17 nmol/L 16 - 70 nmol/L

A year ago they were just under 500. Any thoughts or suggestions.

M

muskelgrind

Awards
To be more specific do you guys think these levels are normal and may not be the cause of lethargy and maybe im just getting old

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
To be honest at the age of 38, 392ng/dl would be considered on the low end.

How is diet and BF %

Do you take medications currently? supplements?

Dr. B

M

muskelgrind

Awards
Diet is pretty clean about
240 g protein 240 g carbs 53 fat
Mostly healthy fats
Bf% not exactly sure i would guess 18 %
Weight 165 height 5'10"
No medications
Just staple supps creatine pre workout whey

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like this graph to show testosterone age. As you can see, you are definitely low for your age:

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Were these blood tests done first thing in the morning, when testosterone is highest? Did you get estradiol checked as well?

M

muskelgrind

Awards
Yes this was fasted first thing i the morning. No estradiol these are all my doc ordered.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
Could check lh and fsh to determine primary or secondary. Other than that I would suggest into looking at therapy soon. Your age and symptoms would qualify you. All men over 32 should at least get checked on all and get base line.

Dr B

M

muskelgrind

Awards
I don't know what steps to take next as my doctor says I'm within range and does not want to pursue Any further.

trtdoc

trtdoc

Awards
pm me and I can try and help you my friend

Dr B

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Suspect secondary adenal insufficiency or hypothyroidism when you feel like crap day after work out from low cortisol. Evaluation of detailed history, symptoms and labs is highly suggested as well as looking deeper at out side factors going on in your life an enviroment many people leave out which are revelant to their case. If you look at your free and bio T it is extremely elevated in relationship to your low Total T. Come on guys you are getting sloppy. Everyone missed the low shbg. Suspect low shbg potential indicating hypothyroid or insulin resistance which should be further evaluated to be ruled out

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Seen atleast a several 1000's of these over past decade. Typical case scenario and over looked by traditional mindset. Be so glad when the wifey is APRN in Less then a year..

M

muskelgrind

Awards
Thanks everyone for the responses it's good to find some ideas and help. Considering my doc just says your within range your fine. But i don't feel fine

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established